Thread: ENTjs messaging "I'm too busy" - is this a rejection?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTjs messaging "I'm too busy" - is this a rejection?

When you message an LIE and ask them out, and they message back 'Im so busy this week sorry, maybe another time!' are they being sincere, or are they just letting you down easy?

EDIT: A female LIE
    ISTj.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's a LIE and those were her exact words, I would guess she's being sincere -- in the sense of being really busy. If she really wanted to get rid of you once and for all, I'd guess that she'd write in a drier way, as in "I'm very busy. Sorry."

But it's impossible to know for sure - with LIEs or anyone else.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it's impossible to know - I'm inclined to think that its letting me down easily in spite of - as LIE's are still aware of the heightened feelings of rejection.
    ISTj.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That may be your disappointed Fe-dual-seeking speaking.

I have a revolutionary suggestion (always assuming that she's really LIE).

Forget the rituals and guesses - be honest and open as to your doubts.

Say something like, umm, "here's the problem -- I'd really like to (ask you out, see you, whatever), but I don't want to insist too much if you'd rather I didn't. Is it okay if I (call you - message you - whatever) next week? Or you think you'll still be busy?"

LIEs take no pleasure in leaving people hanging, especially if asked directly -- being straightforward disarms them. So if she's really not interested, she'll probably say "I will probably still be busy, sorry". If she's not obviously NOT interested, she will say, "I don't know yet, call me on -- bla bla -- if you want".

Or something like it.

But if she says the former option without "softening" it with something like "but perhaps the other week" or whatever, then you might consider cutting your losses.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my epxperience, whenever people don't provide a clear alternative time it's bad news. If someone really wants to meet you will notice because they will find a way to meet/call whatever. And somehow they will make up for disapointing you, they will be extra nice, make room for you in other things, etc.

One ISFJ lterally told me once that she busy because she had to wash her hair. This is a famous expression, and she said that on purpose to humiliate me. Although this is extreme the "busy" word is a bad word no matter what the context.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're gonna have to post a pic of this LIE chick eventually (c:
    LSI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I have a revolutionary suggestion (always assuming that she's really LIE).

Forget the rituals and guesses - be honest and open as to your doubts.
    that's quite a joke this woman professing to have revolutionary ideas or to encourage anyone to be honest considering she goes around locking topics. hah.

my doubts are all about this woman's moderator capablities and the ethics of having a moderator also posting.

To have her counseling anyone about rejection when she's banned me from several topics tonight and locked them is crazy! I think she's got a bit of the Muchauzen by Proxy...Making things worse so she can rescue and get the attention.

Perhaps you should reject away, criticize this person, and then when they look to you for dignity you can pretend to be their savior molding them in pygmalion fashion to your needs. Anyone heard of Pygmalion projects where we go around trying to fashion other people into our duals?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    anyone heard of the Y-chromosome? yeah, Expat has one of those.
    Calling her a lesbian was enough ifmd, let's not exaggerate *wink*
    LSI