Results 1 to 40 of 40

Thread: Do people really want to find their types?

  1. #1
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Do people really want to find their types?

    This question is very important for the future of socionics.

    I have become supremely profficient in finding peoples' types and yet I don't don't see any reward in telling them this info.

    Do people really want to find their type or they just want people to affirm their prejudices?

    MBTI is very successful commercially even though it's founder mistyped even herself. I think the reason is their advertising and the need that people have to hear pleasant things about themselves, neglecting the truth.

    So the question is this: why are people interested in type theory? Why do we read about types? What is it that we are looking for?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  2. #2
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm interested in knowing my type because sometimes I can't exactly pinpoint my motivations for doing things. That, and It's great being able to predict certain people's motivations (esp the damn feelers)


    Honestly, I mainly did it because while I love people, I don't fucking understand them. Socionics, as flawed as it is, still helps me in that regard.

  3. #3
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    how do u know that you've become supremely proficient?

    what's my type Dio? (and don't tell me I have to pay $1000 )

  4. #4
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha, you know I never tried to find your type, but I will keep this in mind and see what I come up with. Are there pics of yours around?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  5. #5
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Haha, you know I never tried to find your type, but I will keep this in mind and see what I come up with. Are there pics of yours around?
    ummm... lemme look... I know they's on my myspace page but I'm not sure if I have that set to private or not

  6. #6
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    http://forum.socionix.com/index.php?showtopic=810

    I've gotten my hair cut since then

  7. #7
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no, i'd rather make a thread every few months about it.
    asd

  8. #8
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I already know my type . The thing that drew me into Socionics was understanding both other people and my own relationships better. Also, prior to learning about duality and all that, I never would have imagined myself getting on so well with ESFps, whereas now I can quite easily recognise them if I spend some time with them and also appreciate the kind of relationship I have with them.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  9. #9
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tend to get paranoid when I don't know someone's type.

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you want to make money off of this theory, you're going to have to consider your target market people who have never been to this forum. Write a book or make a test or something. I don't know.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why are people interested in type theory?
    It raises my self-esteem. I feel like I'm a part of something.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  12. #12
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    why are people interested in type theory?
    I'm here for the hoochie

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEvBtrv5F-w[/youtube]

  13. #13
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i feel violated. ):

    edit - you changed it!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  14. #14
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i feel violated. ):

    edit - you changed it!
    self moderation :wink:

  15. #15
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i feel violated. ):

    edit - you changed it!
    "Everybody put up your hands say:
    ”I don’t wanna be in love, I don’t wanna be in love”
    Feel the beat now
    If you’ve got nothing left say:
    ”I don’t wanna be in love, I don’t wanna be in love”

    yeah i know wtf
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  16. #16
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    why are people interested in type theory?
    I'm here for the hoochie

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEvBtrv5F-w[/youtube]
    Haha, awesome.

    And fyi I love Dee's pic.

  17. #17
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Although I can't really tell from the pic what type of engine that is (V tech, flat, etc...) but yeah it looks awesome.


    And I also like knowing my type because then it's much easier for me to find hobbies that i'd actually stick to. I hate wasting time with crap I don't know that I'd like.

    SOmeone start another what's my type thread.

  18. #18
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh is it cuz I like car engines more than the bodies? :-p

    My car is v4.... It has a real hard time up hills

    I wish I knew some pros. I just know my dad

    Niffweed, get on it.

  19. #19
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Awesome. Which reminds me I need to change my oil, im sure i've hit the 3000 mark already. Mmmmmm oily goodness.

  20. #20
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    I already know my type . The thing that drew me into Socionics was understanding both other people and my own relationships better. Also, prior to learning about duality and all that, I never would have imagined myself getting on so well with ESFps, whereas now I can quite easily recognise them if I spend some time with them and also appreciate the kind of relationship I have with them.
    awww boo! yeah i definitely agree with B... knowing my type just helps me to make sense (if possible ) of me and my world.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  21. #21
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i was stupid enough though to say stuff like oh don't mind the oil spot, it's gonna go away lol
    Oh

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard

    Niffweed, get on it.
    wait, what?

    i haven't been reading this thread.

  23. #23
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard

    Niffweed, get on it.
    wait, what?

    i haven't been reading this thread.
    Don't jerk me around. Just do it.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    why are people interested in type theory?
    It raises my self-esteem. I feel like I'm a part of something.
    Yup, pretty much, same here. Not really like there's a real group identity, but it does feel good to say, "I'm a proud xxxx." (Probably isn't too healthy though...)

  25. #25
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I first started because i was sad and i want to know (for a lot and tons and catablum of questions).
    Now i realized that i'm just doing for fun/curiosity. No more, no less.

  26. #26
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are two kinds of socionists. Those who go out and apply the knowledge they have learned to find their significant other, and those who sit on their arses all day posting pointless and shitty comments with fuck all relevance to the topic at hand.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  27. #27
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Do people really want to find their types?

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    This question is very important for the future of socionics.

    I have become supremely profficient in finding peoples' types and yet I don't don't see any reward in telling them this info.

    Do people really want to find their type or they just want people to affirm their prejudices?

    MBTI is very successful commercially even though it's founder mistyped even herself. I think the reason is their advertising and the need that people have to hear pleasant things about themselves, neglecting the truth.

    So the question is this: why are people interested in type theory? Why do we read about types? What is it that we are looking for?
    did you run out of cash?
    What's your type?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  28. #28
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    http://forum.socionix.com/index.php?showtopic=810

    I've gotten my hair cut since then
    from the pics I would say ESTP, with ENTP, ISFJ and ENTJ as distant possibilities.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  29. #29
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    wow

  30. #30
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes. And it's even more remarkable once you read his signature.

  31. #31
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Yes. And it's even more remarkable once you read his signature.
    ??
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  32. #32
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "The truth shall set you free, and karma will work it's magic. "

    You're quite a mystical figure you are.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    There are two kinds of socionists. Those who go out and apply the knowledge they have learned to find their significant other, and those who sit on their arses all day posting pointless and shitty comments with fuck all relevance to the topic at hand.
    wait, wait. you can't group me with dio. that's not fair. there is a knowledge gap here.

  34. #34
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    "The truth shall set you free, and karma will work it's magic. "

    You're quite a mystical figure you are.
    I agree (somewhat )
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  35. #35
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    how about making a test on image recognition, evaluation in terms of like/dislike and calculations of the data for some type conclusions, e.g. quadra? you seem to be pretty confident in your VI, maybe you even got loads of photoes on types saved up. not sure how accurate you judgements on these are though...
    No time for that. You will have to trust me. :wink:
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  36. #36
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    how about making a test on image recognition, evaluation in terms of like/dislike and calculations of the data for some type conclusions, e.g. quadra? you seem to be pretty confident in your VI, maybe you even got loads of photoes on types saved up. not sure how accurate you judgements on these are though...
    No time for that. You will have to trust me. :wink:
    true but it would be a cool thing if it worked out... it would be even cooler if someone could use face recognition technology to be able to figure out someone's types... hey- a girl can dream
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  37. #37
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    how about making a test on image recognition, evaluation in terms of like/dislike and calculations of the data for some type conclusions, e.g. quadra? you seem to be pretty confident in your VI, maybe you even got loads of photoes on types saved up. not sure how accurate you judgements on these are though...
    No time for that. You will have to trust me. :wink:
    true but it would be a cool thing if it worked out... it would be even cooler if someone could use face recognition technology to be able to figure out someone's types... hey- a girl can dream
    I agree with you of course

    It's a question of funding and whatnot. I have even contacted the Interpol but I have not been able to get any funding.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  38. #38
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Tell me you did not do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    http://forum.socionix.com/index.php?showtopic=810

    I've gotten my hair cut since then
    You remind me of Jeff Lebowski.



    Also, something of interest - there's a supposed LIE-Ni on there who is a 7w8. Like FDG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    http://forum.socionix.com/index.php?showtopic=810

    I've gotten my hair cut since then
    from the pics I would say ESTP, with ENTP, ISFJ and ENTJ as distant possibilities.
    You are taking the piss, yeah? Someone with either Se as a base, role, creative or HA function? Fair enough to the first and third considerations, but in correlation with the others, they make fuck all sense. Why would someone go from valuing Te and being weak in it to having it as their base function? And how the hell can someone possibly be their conflictor (ILE or ESI)? And most illogical of all, why would someone go from having a base function to having the same function as their PoLR. You are inept at typing people.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  39. #39
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    ahhh, man... like.... that's The Dude, man... not Jeff Lebowski.

  40. #40
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    [ from the pics I would say ESTP, with ENTP, ISFJ and ENTJ as distant possibilities.

    You are taking the piss, yeah? Someone with either Se as a base, role, creative or HA function? Fair enough to the first and third considerations, but in correlation with the others, they make fuck all sense. Why would someone go from valuing Te and being weak in it to having it as their base function? And how the hell can someone possibly be their conflictor (ILE or ESI)? And most illogical of all, why would someone go from having a base function to having the same function as their PoLR. You are inept at typing people.



    I will not even begin to count the logical fallacies in your post. It suffices t osay that i follow in general the perspective of Carl Popper within the scientific method, it is often described as a method based on self-criticism. That is you make a proposition and then you disprove it. And you progress through that way.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •