Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: self-analysis (pictures included!)

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default self-analysis (pictures included!)

I'm not sure if I am Gamma or Alpha Quadra due to the P/J switch that I have discovered.

Am I ESI or SEI, xD

Well, I think it's about time for a review of my type.

I found out about the MBTI system from a guy from England in August who was an ISFP. He told me that he believed I was one also.

Here are some pictures of me for the "VI gurus"

Candid Shot:

Anyway, some things about me:

I was a loner most of my life, from 7-14 years of age, I'm not sure how that happened, but I had little friends in my youth. I got to high school and made a lot more friends, so idk.

I jump around a lot, so bear with me.

I enjoy being animated around people and talking about random things. I LOVE helping people so much. If people ask me questions, I will sit beside them and neglect anything else I need to do in order to help them.

For example, I had a report due, and people were asking me questions on some homework, I neglected my needs in order to make the other people happy/satisfied.

I enjoy socializing with people at times, but that alternates with a need to be alone and reflect about my current state of being. I'm always worried that people don't like me, maybe came from my youth.

I love ideas just because they are extreme/new.

I come off as bizzare/eccentric most of the time. I say slightly weird things because I like to, and people have on many occasions called me weird or a freak because of it. But, yet I still have many acquaintances.

Oh yeah, I only say weird things/show my true side around my friends or in a place where I can be free (ex. in a small group or in Physical Education)

I can see a problem in a sentence almost immediately, but I miss hidden meanings in a conversation.

I'm a very sensitive person. I hate conflict or criticism, but as of late I tend to smile at criticism, especially if it is of a more non-personal nature. Also, I make an effort to be flexible, warm, and easy-going with people (I consciously try to avoid conflict).

I never think about the future, always about the present/immediate future.

I'm easily loosed. I can be quiet one moment, and then something triggers me, and boom, I'm off the wall saying something weird or witty.

I am intensely concerned with how people perceive me on a personal level. I enjoy being appreciated and "used" in some way.

If someone is waiting on me to do something, I rush to get whatever I'm doing done, possibly messing up in the middle of hurrying. That's why I am a bit uncomfortable with driving, I rush when I'm under pressure.

I love to express myself, and that is usually loosed through actions/clothes. I will wear anything that differentiates me from the rest of the fold. In effect, I hate normalcy.

I think and feel intensely about everything (very opinionated). I cannot keep the thoughts I have in my head to myself. For example, if I am in the bathroom or walking alone, I realize that these are great times to reflect, and I talk to myself out loud about what I am thinking about.

"ok yusef, how was your day?"

"o, had a horrible day. everything sucked, but i hugged chrissy today, so it was ok"

This can extend to ideas, feelings, etc.

Whew, that was long.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask. My life is an open book, and I am not afraid to help you better understand who I am, which I hope in turn helps me to understand you better.

Thanks again guys, I look forward to your responses.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just forgot, I am confused on whether I am in the Gamma Quadra or the Alpha Quadra due to the P/J switch that I have discovered.

Am I ESI or SEI, that is the question!
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your description fits Alpha quadra values more than Gamma values.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know your type but you remind me very very much of a guy i know who is infp intp or infj. He is artistic, and withdrawn. I was very attracted to his personality when i met him, he is a really hard guy to get a rise out of, and doesn't seem to enjoy life at all. regardless, you probably aren't isfp, you seem intuitive. your post makes me think INFj, if you really are that deeply intwined in the feelings of others.
    asd

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    i don't know your type but you remind me very very much of a guy i know who is infp intp or infj. He is artistic, and withdrawn. I was very attracted to his personality when i met him, he is a really hard guy to get a rise out of, and doesn't seem to enjoy life at all. regardless, you probably aren't isfp, you seem intuitive. your post makes me think INFj, if you really are that deeply intwined in the feelings of others.
    Can you please give some examples in my writing that is intuitive, for I cannot see any.

and yea, I feel strongly and am affected by other peoples emotions, but I try to make them feel better about themselves, and I've noticed that the people say they feel a lot better.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'I am intensely concerned with how people perceive me on a personal level. I enjoy being appreciated and "used" in some.'

this is a very intuitive statement. notice that you don't give details about the task and actions taken, but moreso relate about your ideal self-perception and other people percieving it.

'I come off as bizzare/eccentric most of the time. I say slightly weird things because I like to, and people have on many occasions called me weird or a freak because of it. But, yet I still have many acquaintances'

I don't mean to relate being intuitive to bizarre and weird, but having intense deep thoughts about things that others aren't commonly concerned with is a very intutive way of being weird, and especially in high school. To put this into context, I think a sensor may try to become bizarre or weird by manipulating their physical appearance(although artists are an exception).

there are more, but this is sufficient evidence.
    asd

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forget the J/P switch. MBTI has nothing to do with socionics.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'I am intensely concerned with how people perceive me on a personal level. I enjoy being appreciated and "used" in some.'

this is a very intuitive statement. notice that you don't give details about the task and actions taken, but moreso relate about your ideal self-perception and other people percieving it.

wow, I believe you are right. I never considered myself as a N type, (not caring a bit about the future), but I like writing poems and just literature in general.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: self-analysis (pictures included!)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    I was a loner most of my life, from 7-14 years of age, I'm not sure how that happened, but I had little friends in my youth. I got to high school and made a lot more friends, so idk.
    Not necessarily type-related.

Could suggest irrationality.

I enjoy being animated around people and talking about random things. I LOVE helping people so much. If people ask me questions, I will sit beside them and neglect anything else I need to do in order to help them.

For example, I had a report due, and people were asking me questions on some homework, I neglected my needs in order to make the other people happy/satisfied.
    Fe-valuer (animation), possibly Ne-valuer (depending on what you mean by "random"). Caregiver in a major major way (Si-ego).

I enjoy socializing with people at times, but that alternates with a need to be alone and reflect about my current state of being. I'm always worried that people don't like me, maybe came from my youth.
    Socially introverted but it doesn't mean so much really.

and Alpha

I come off as bizzare/eccentric most of the time. I say slightly weird things because I like to, and people have on many occasions called me weird or a freak because of it. But, yet I still have many acquaintances.
    , possibly with -- why do you like to say them? To get a reaction?

Yeah to get a reaction from friends/people, and I kinda feels right when I act like that, it's a very subconscious feeling. Maybe to draw attention to myself.

Oh yeah, I only say weird things/show my true side around my friends or in a place where I can be free (ex. in a small group or in Physical Education)
    What conditions are necessary for you to feel free?

Just acting in a way that feels right to me. Saying what I want, acting the way I see fit.

I can see a problem in a sentence almost immediately, but I miss hidden meanings in a conversation.
    Not necessarily type related.

I'm a very sensitive person. I hate conflict or criticism, but as of late I tend to smile at criticism, especially if it is of a more non-personal nature. Also, I make an effort to be flexible, warm, and easy-going with people (I consciously try to avoid conflict).
    Fe-valuing (trying to be warm etc.) and Si-valuing (avoiding conflict).

What sort of criticism do you see and personal or non-personal?

If someone talks about me, my values or physical attributes, that is personal. Something I did, less personal.

Si>Ni
    I bolded my answers. And I love caregiving.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think INFp. Your pictures don't convey much sensing whatsoever. Thinking out loud is a typical dynamic thing, and your example is about Fe.

"I enjoy being animated around people"

Also Fe.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Salawa"]
    , possibly with -- why do you like to say them? To get a reaction?

Yeah to get a reaction from friends/people, and I kinda feels right when I act like that, it's a very subconscious feeling. Maybe to draw attention to myself.
    That would suggest there is Fe there, then.

What conditions are necessary for you to feel free?

Just acting in a way that feels right to me. Saying what I want, acting the way I see fit.
    Ok I'll try it a different way -- what things prevent you from feeling free?

I think this is probably a teenager thing, but being dictated about what to do. For example, I don't like doing experiments in chemistry too much because there are minute directions involved. I'd rather discover what would happen if I did the experiment all myself, and not follow the directions. Also, my INTJ+ISFJ parents enjoy trying to control my life however they can.

If I want to buy a cool shirt or something, and they do not want me to buy it, my mother will say "We don't like that", as if she is still speaking for my wants, and I am sixteen now. I want to scream when they do that to me.

Being at school, where I can pretty much act how I please is my idea of "freedom"

Fe-valuing (trying to be warm etc.) and Si-valuing (avoiding conflict).

What sort of criticism do you see and personal or non-personal?

If someone talks about me, my values or physical attributes, that is personal. Something I did, less personal.
    Can you be more specific? What in particular bothers you?

What bothers me to no end is when people judge me by one facet of my personality, because they usually only see one part of it at a time. Also when people advocate subjects that go against my values system, for example, I once got very defensive when someone was talking about how great sex and alcohol were, even though they weren't challenging me.

I hope that helped.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am intensely concerned with how people perceive me on a personal level. I enjoy being appreciated and "used" in some way.
    Caregiving!
    Not Te valuing? What happened to Te/Fi types wanting to be "useful?"

Alpha irrational seems like a very safe bet. By VI I would have said ILE>SEI, but irrationality is the only obvious thing from the , IMO.

How are you with clothes? Do you ever accidentally pick out stuff that looks cool but forget to check the size or how it fits?

What's your fitness like? Do you work out often? Do you usually make sure you eat well and get enough sleep?

What do you do with your spare time?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Caregiving!
    Not Te valuing? What happened to Te/Fi types wanting to be "useful?"

Alpha irrational seems like a very safe bet. By VI I would have said ILE>SEI, but irrationality is the only obvious thing from the , IMO.

How are you with clothes? Do you ever accidentally pick out stuff that looks cool but forget to check the size or how it fits?

I check the size, but if it is 1 size smaller than I wear, I don't mind. I pretty much will wear anything as I said above.

What's your fitness like? Do you work out often? Do you usually make sure you eat well and get enough sleep?

My fitness is quite poor, xD. I don't work out often, but I run sometimes. I'm a decent runner. 125 pounds xD.

What do you do with your spare time?

In my spare time, I stay at home and fool around, read, recharge my batteries for another crazy day at school. I really won't do anything exciting.

Is that good?
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...well, can't get much from that

Are you clumsy? Do you run into or trip over things often? Do people say you're "spacey?" Do you often lay something down and completely forget what you've done with it?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Not at all. Not even remotely related.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe preference, probably.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe preference, probably.
    Why is this Fe preference? Doesn't sounds like much like Fe/Fi preference to me. I have seen people from Fe and Fi quadras behave that way.

Any reason why you say it's Fe preference?
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about getting satisfaction from truthfully representing your internal emotional state. I don't think Fi/Te type necessarily repress this or anything; they just don't have as strong a desire or feel so strongly about it as an integral part of their lives. They're more concerned with rational behavior and achieving concrete goals.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goin against the grain here but my first thot just looking at your pix was isfj...but then when i read what you wrote, seemed more IP.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...well, can't get much from that

Are you clumsy? Do you run into or trip over things often? Do people say you're "spacey?" Do you often lay something down and completely forget what you've done with it?
    I used to be very clumsy, but as I've grown, I can't say I fall over often.

I'm not a spacey individual, but if some class is boring me, not saying something practical or interesting, I daydream like a young girl xD.

And yes, I lay stuff down all the time and totally forget where I've put it.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Fe preference, probably.
    or ISTPs doing what they want and not giving a damn?
    idk, I care a little more than an ISTP. If I fail at something, I feel like crap cuz now people are "looking down on me" now
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if I am Gamma or Alpha Quadra due to the P/J switch that I have discovered.

Am I ESI or SEI, xD

Either IP, maybe Ne strong or valuing.

Fe-value, sounds like it's in the ego blocks.

Introverted Fe type, I would guess.

Hard to say definitively, but perhaps this is a sign of either strong Ne, or valued Ne?

Hmm, could you elaborate some more of what you mean? Is this some kind of feeling that things are just 'off', without knowing quite why, or something else entirely?

Sounds like weak Se or maybe valued Si. Though I may be misinterpreting this altogether.

Interesting, this would seem to point towards an Ni-role, rather than as an ego function.

I'm easily loosed. I can be quiet one moment, and then something triggers me, and boom, I'm off the wall saying something weird or witty.

IP of the F-ing variety, perhaps? (sorry, horrible attempt at a pun)

Is this a case of wanting your talents to be recognized? Do you have some trouble in taking your own 'measure' so to speak? It sounds like you would value the kind of person who takes notice of the things you do well. If this is accurate, it could be more Ne-valuing than strong Ne. Though this is pretty vague and I'm probably reading too much into it.

If someone is waiting on me to do something, I rush to get whatever I'm doing done, possibly messing up in the middle of hurrying. That's why I am a bit uncomfortable with driving, I rush when I'm under pressure.

I love to express myself, and that is usually loosed through actions/clothes. I will wear anything that differentiates me from the rest of the fold. In effect, I hate normalcy.

The physical expression of your individuality seems more of an Si-trait than anything else I can think of. Given that you seem to generally be a pretty relaxed guy all on your own, I'd be more wanton to place it in the ego than as a role function.

I think and feel intensely about everything (very opinionated). I cannot keep the thoughts I have in my head to myself. For example, if I am in the bathroom or walking alone, I realize that these are great times to reflect, and I talk to myself out loud about what I am thinking about.

"o, had a horrible day. everything sucked, but i hugged chrissy today, so it was ok"

Maybe some intuition and Fi thrown in?

Whew, that was long.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask. My life is an open book, and I am not afraid to help you better understand who I am, which I hope in turn helps me to understand you better.

Well, it's by no means conclusive, but I agree that you seem somewhere in the IxFp realm. Based on all you've written and how you seem to describe what you want and like out of groups of people, I'd certainly lean more to the ISFp side of the scale. Sounds like you would thrive in alpha! All this is of course assuming that you're either SEI or IEI, but these two do seem to come immediately to mind upon hearing what it is you have to say. I might be biased here in choosing SEI, because from what I've seen, they are very awesome people. Correct me, though, if I seem to have misread anything.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2

Am I ESI or SEI, xD

Either IP, maybe Ne strong or valuing.

Fe-value, sounds like it's in the ego blocks.

Introverted Fe type, I would guess.

Hard to say definitively, but perhaps this is a sign of either strong Ne, or valued Ne?

Hmm, could you elaborate some more of what you mean? Is this some kind of feeling that things are just 'off', without knowing quite why, or something else entirely?

Sounds like weak Se or maybe valued Si. Though I may be misinterpreting this altogether.

Interesting, this would seem to point towards an Ni-role, rather than as an ego function.

IP of the F-ing variety, perhaps? (sorry, horrible attempt at a pun)

Is this a case of wanting your talents to be recognized? Do you have some trouble in taking your own 'measure' so to speak? It sounds like you would value the kind of person who takes notice of the things you do well. If this is accurate, it could be more Ne-valuing than strong Ne. Though this is pretty vague and I'm probably reading too much into it.

The physical expression of your individuality seems more of an Si-trait than anything else I can think of. Given that you seem to generally be a pretty relaxed guy all on your own, I'd be more wanton to place it in the ego than as a role function.

Maybe some intuition and Fi thrown in?

Whew, that was long.

Well, it's by no means conclusive, but I agree that you seem somewhere in the IxFp realm. Based on all you've written and how you seem to describe what you want and like out of groups of people, I'd certainly lean more to the ISFp side of the scale. Sounds like you would thrive in alpha! All this is of course assuming that you're either SEI or IEI, but these two do seem to come immediately to mind upon hearing what it is you have to say. I might be biased here in choosing SEI, because from what I've seen, they are very awesome people. Correct me, though, if I seem to have misread anything.
    Thanks a lot mune, this means a lot to me, and you read things very well.

Now to your questions:

I miss emotional/physical cues when I'm talking to people sometimes. I guess I get so wrapped up in what I'm saying that I forget about the person I'm speaking to.

ABSOLUTELY. I want people to recognize me and to give me some level of praise, but not too much. I want someone to take notice of me and "care for me", understand me.

btw, what is the difference between valuing a function and "having" it?
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you sound like a nice guy

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere
    you sound like a nice guy
    Why thanks, you sound like a good guy in your own thread.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I ESI or SEI, xD

Well, I think it's about time for a review of my type.

I found out about the MBTI system from a guy from England in August who was an ISFP. He told me that he believed I was one also.

Here are some pictures of me for the "VI gurus"

Candid Shot:

Whew, that was long.

ESTJ
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hellothere and karman are forming the nice guy alliance of the century. pats on the back of legend.
    asd

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss emotional/physical cues when I'm talking to people sometimes. I guess I get so wrapped up in what I'm saying that I forget about the person I'm speaking to.

ABSOLUTELY. I want people to recognize me and to give me some level of praise, but not too much. I want someone to take notice of me and "care for me", understand me.

Ok, the first sounds to me like it's important, but I'm struggling to find a way to precisely explain what I'm thinking. My first impulse was to equate it to stronger sensing than intuiting, but that just seems wrong. If it's in any way right, I'm thinking it's more in a peripheral, trivial way. The reason I say that is because it seems more 'intuitive' to go from these cues to some kind of significance behind them. At the same time, I'm wondering if this isn't in some way related to judging/perceiving. To put it more clearly, since I tend to try to measure things by my own internal impressions of how things 'feel' like as I go through them and then try to adapt that to looking at other people, I wonder if that self-understanding isn't a barrier to my understanding other people and what it is they 'feel like' as they go through things themselves. I suppose there's no getting around that obstacle, so maybe being aware of it is all I can hope for. But I digress. Really, I probably should have started asking more questions than shooting off on a tangent like this. Less confusing and all that.

Alright, follow-ups on the first question then. When you say you get wrapped up in what you're saying, do you mean in the sense that, while you are listening, you're mostly preparing or thinking about what it is you want to say, how to say it best, what to omit, etc? Or is it more along the lines of a natural flow of thoughts that sometimes might feel like a freight train, where someone might say something that conflicts with it or might be cause to reconsider, but it just feels more natural to continue along the tracks. I guess I'm thinking of it sort of like a mental 'inertia'? As for what that means either way, I suppose I'd break that into maybe a more rational or irrational approach, but I always feel like putting things so simply as that leaves something unsaid. Mostly in the way that both approaches come off as bad listeners, which might work for this particular example, but it just seems incomplete. Oh well, maybe with time things will begin to make more sense.

The questions I asked next were really aimed at determining how Ne showed up in your way of doing things. Based on how you responded, that would seem to mean that Ne, particularly in the area of seeing potential and drumming up possibilities accordingly, was something that you valued. As to your strength and comfort in using it, I thought you sounded like these kind of people would tend to 'loosen' you up and that it would be something you would actively seek in someone else. For me, that pointed towards Ne as weak, but valued. Given that we were choosing between SEI and IEI, that would be characteristic of the former. Now, when I say weak Ne, I don't mean that you're bad in coming up with ideas. On the contrary, it sounds like you do it with ease in a way that really lightens things up. What (I think, anyway) distinguishes the two is how well one is able to see in all these ideas where they could possibly lead, how they might be connected, the potential they have to blossom into something bigger or better than they might first appear, perhaps without being able to initially explain in any systematic or rational way how that is the case. Though I might be making the classic mistake of blending information elements without being aware of how I'm doing so.

Also, when I talk about valuing a function or being strong in it, I'm talking about Model A. In your ego functions, they are both strong and valued. 3-4 are neither strong nor valued. 5-6 are not strong, but valued. It may be incorrect to characterize these in this way, but I think that you can read into these a bit by the kinds of traits or strengths we look for or appreciate most highly in friends, partners, etc. The thing is these are unconscious and although they might work their way into the light eventually, I think that they might be hard for you or me to see in ourselves. Basically, I think these aspects of our personality are relatively harder to come by, but once we come to an understanding of them are for that reason probably some of the more valuable things we can know about ourselves. Again, take that with a grain of salt. At this point, they're all just hypotheses of mine, benefiting and constrained to my life experience. The more important thing I guess would be just to maybe reflect over these things yourself and see where it gets you. However, maybe only other INFjs will really think that's useful advice. It just seems like the more you know about people, the less you know about people. Something like that.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, the first sounds to me like it's important, but I'm struggling to find a way to precisely explain what I'm thinking. My first impulse was to equate it to stronger sensing than intuiting, but that just seems wrong. If it's in any way right, I'm thinking it's more in a peripheral, trivial way. The reason I say that is because it seems more 'intuitive' to go from these cues to some kind of significance behind them. At the same time, I'm wondering if this isn't in some way related to judging/perceiving. To put it more clearly, since I tend to try to measure things by my own internal impressions of how things 'feel' like as I go through them and then try to adapt that to looking at other people, I wonder if that self-understanding isn't a barrier to my understanding other people and what it is they 'feel like' as they go through things themselves. I suppose there's no getting around that obstacle, so maybe being aware of it is all I can hope for. But I digress. Really, I probably should have started asking more questions than shooting off on a tangent like this. Less confusing and all that.

Alright, follow-ups on the first question then. When you say you get wrapped up in what you're saying, do you mean in the sense that, while you are listening, you're mostly preparing or thinking about what it is you want to say, how to say it best, what to omit, etc? Or is it more along the lines of a natural flow of thoughts that sometimes might feel like a freight train, where someone might say something that conflicts with it or might be cause to reconsider, but it just feels more natural to continue along the tracks. I guess I'm thinking of it sort of like a mental 'inertia'? As for what that means either way, I suppose I'd break that into maybe a more rational or irrational approach, but I always feel like putting things so simply as that leaves something unsaid. Mostly in the way that both approaches come off as bad listeners, which might work for this particular example, but it just seems incomplete. Oh well, maybe with time things will begin to make more sense.

To be honest, my thoughts(and how I speak them in a public sense) are like a freight train. They are all interconnected and come out connected.

example of what I'm talking about:

"Oh, You want to be a radiologist? Radiology is cool, but I couldn't do it. Are you sure you don't want to work at a country club? Yeah, you could be a radiologist and a country club owner on the side. Do you agree?"

In effect, I don't stop talking about what I a
    m thinking sometimes with good friends. My friend could be giving me the evil eye and want me to shut up, but I am too busy in my own world to take notice.

The questions I asked next were really aimed at determining how Ne showed up in your way of doing things. Based on how you responded, that would seem to mean that Ne, particularly in the area of seeing potential and drumming up possibilities accordingly, was something that you valued. As to your strength and comfort in using it, I thought you sounded like these kind of people would tend to 'loosen' you up and that it would be something you would actively seek in someone else. For me, that pointed towards Ne as weak, but valued. Given that we were choosing between SEI and IEI, that would be characteristic of the former. Now, when I say weak Ne, I don't mean that you're bad in coming up with ideas. On the contrary, it sounds like you do it with ease in a way that really lightens things up. What (I think, anyway) distinguishes the two is how well one is able to see in all these ideas where they could possibly lead, how they might be connected, the potential they have to blossom into something bigger or better than they might first appear, perhaps without being able to initially explain in any systematic or rational way how that is the case. Though I might be making the classic mistake of blending information elements without being aware of how I'm doing so.

Yeah, I tend to lighten the mood with some of my comments.

For example, we were reading "The Crucible" in class. It's about people being falsely accused of witchcraft.

When we watched the movie, and hit the part when the people were being hung for their "crimes", one of my classmates expressed sadness at this massacre.

I felt the same way, but instead I said "Heh, they deserve it. They're obviously witches."

It was so ironic,(cuz they were clearly innocent), but people laughed and the mood was a bit happier.

Also, when I talk about valuing a function or being strong in it, I'm talking about Model A. In your ego functions, they are both strong and valued. 3-4 are neither strong nor valued. 5-6 are not strong, but valued.

It just seems like the more you know about people, the less you know about people. Something like that.
    ok, thanks so much mune, this could totally be your job.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, let me tell you, the pay is AWESOME!!!1!

And cardboard houses are the way to go these days, at least that's what my real estate agent tells me.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Don't think he's ISFp. I think ENTp instead...the dual. Him craving for peace and non-conflict doesn't mean he himself is good at it, just sounds like that is his dual-seeking function. Definitely comes across as some sort of happy-go lucky extrovert online.

Everything about his first post just reeks of ENTp-ness.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, let me tell you, the pay is AWESOME!!!1!

And cardboard houses are the way to go these days, at least that's what my real estate agent tells me.
    lol, make it pay more money.

Also, I answered the questions you asked me in the previous post.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I felt the same way, but instead I said "Heh, they deserve it. They're obviously witches."
    That isn't very calming or lifting the spirits to me at all, sorry. Even if you were clearly joking, a lot of people could still get really offended by that, esp. in a college atmosphere where uptight liberal activists are a dime a dozen. Still think you're an ENTp.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    That isn't very calming or lifting the spirits to me at all, sorry. Even if you were clearly joking, a lot of people could still get really offended by that, esp. in a college atmosphere where uptight liberal activists are a dime a dozen. Still think you're an ENTp.
    Almost college, junior in hs, small english classroom :wink:

As you said, that is not calming or lifting of spirits, but I do not feel calm most of the time. I feel more of a realist.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot to all the responses, I love you all <3.
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-bg

this sort of thing totally remind me of Baby

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    this sort of thing totally remind me of Baby
    lol, am I that near Baby's type?
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-bg

honestly it could simply be Muslim politeness (I don't think Baby is Muslim but I know you've said you are)... you're a very polite people in my experience. But the added "I love you all <3" yeah, that's totally Baby/Auvi

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly it could simply be Muslim politeness (I don't think Baby is Muslim but I know you've said you are)... you're a very polite people in my experience. But the added "I love you all <3" yeah, that's totally Baby/Auvi
    wow, you remembered that, how cool. I appreciate the compliment.
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-bg

wow, you remembered that, how cool. I appreciate the compliment.
    I tend to remember everything about people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast