Thread: Are the functions amongst the types balanced?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are the functions amongst the types balanced?

I want to try something out. I want people to read the description of their 8th funciton in the below link. The 8th funciton is the opposite "focus" of energy from your 2nd (so if your 2nd function is Fe, then look at Fi, if it is Te, then look at Ti, etc...).

Psychological Types.

I do identify with the Introverted Thinking type, but I think that it doesn't work that way for certain types.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh.. no?
    lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xiuxiu
    uh.. no?
    Good, that's what I thought. I think Ti and Si are crossed types. There might be others, but that's a start.

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=1680
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that thread is a good read.
    lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    It doesn't really apply to me all that well.
    *evil grin*

...heheehee...

I guess I'm also wondering what types people DO tend to associate themselves with? I know it's a lot of reading, and not that you are going to do it all at one time, but still...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-Rocko

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Don't you ever stop working?
    .. no?

To be honest, I don't play many videogames or watch much T.V. anymore, ao a lot of my alone time can be spent thinking/reading/here. Maybe you're right and I should take a break for a while...

I identify with all 8 functions.
    Really? I find that somewhat unbelievable...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    I identify with all 8 functions.
    I feel like I do that either.
    me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I find Jungs descriptions rather comical. They are so extreme that it makes them fun to read. I suppose they are written that way because they isolate the function instead of incorprorating the other functions which balance the individual.
    All feelers are refered to as women for starters and the descriptions are not very forgiving either. The Fe types seem shallow, completely devoid of any real inner life or personal opinions and bereft af all logic. Introverted feeling is very stingy and cruel and focused on its own priorities. Reading these descriptions (including the others) I come away with some really, mean, profiles. They remind me of some of the worst examples I know that seem to fit that discription. They only vaugely resemble anyone I care about.
    I use both my 2nd and 8th functions but I am not as pronounced with Fe as an EIE. I also have a far greater respect for logic and sensation than these decriptions would suggest. Correct me if Im wrong but wouldnt I have to use Fe or Te to manifest my Fi conclusions, thereby indicating a crossover?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Personally I find Jungs descriptions rather comical. They are so extreme that it makes them fun to read. I suppose they are written that way because they isolate the function instead of incorprorating the other functions which balance the individual.
    All feelers are refered to as women for starters and the descriptions are not very forgiving either. The Fe types seem shallow, completely devoid of any real inner life or personal opinions and bereft af all logic. Introverted feeling is very stingy and cruel and focused on its own priorities. Reading these descriptions (including the others) I come away with some really, mean, profiles. They remind me of some of the worst examples I know that seem to fit that discription. They only vaugely resemble anyone I care about.
    That's because it was written by your conflict. :wink:

I use both my 2nd and 8th functions but I am not as pronounced with Fe as an EIE. I also have a far greater respect for logic and sensation than these decriptions would suggest. Correct me if Im wrong but wouldnt I have to use Fe or Te to manifest my Fi conclusions, thereby indicating a crossover?
    ...yeah, I agree...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think that Jung's type is ISTj, how did you came to that conclusion? I'm curious.
    me

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ISTJ would be incapable of writing with the clarity of Jung at that age. They simply have no clue what's going on pattern-wise.

You can always identify an ISTJ by their reliance on superstition and exaggeration in their speech.

Jung is not an ISTJ. I thought we went over this. And to those who absurdly suggest that my reading of Jung is wrong because the translation of that paper is wrong, then that is your burden to prove. Furthermore, it is stupid to make a case that a paper can explain something, and yet be an improper explanation of the subject!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    An ISTJ would be incapable of writing with the clarity of Jung at that age. They simply have no clue what's going on pattern-wise.

You can always identify an ISTJ by their reliance on superstition and exaggeration in their speech.
    Actually, that does sound like Jung.

And maybe you should check out this, becuase it was also written by an ISTJ.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!