View Poll Results: How do you feel about your contrary?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love 'em

    9 33.33%
  • Hate 'em

    3 11.11%
  • Depends...

    5 18.52%
  • Love and Hate them at the same time

    4 14.81%
  • Alternately Loving and Hating them

    2 7.41%
  • Meh

    4 14.81%
  • Other (please specify)

    0 0%
Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Extinguishment: how do you feel about your contrary type?

  1. #1
    Creepy-

    Default Extinguishment: how do you feel about your contrary type?

    fdhsakjdasfsa

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    kjhas83ksndfahkjhlkwer
    http://forum.socionix.com

    I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

    EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

  3. #3
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krae
    kjhas83ksndfahkjhlkwer
    I concur
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love em but... it's problematic. I'm married to my contrary. I am the extroverted partner, and I end up feeling like I need to do what I can not to annoy him. In a non-relationship setting, I am at first somewhat irritated by my contrary, but it's not long before I think they're great. (And I miss Sara!!!) I do think that the thing about group settings can be true though.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  5. #5
    Creepy-ms k

    Default

    if i am p then i love them and am frustrated by them at the same time

    if i am j then i think i alternate between liking and being a little annoyed.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I love em but... it's problematic. I'm married to my contrary. I am the extroverted partner, and I end up feeling like I need to do what I can not to annoy him. In a non-relationship setting, I am at first somewhat irritated by my contrary, but it's not long before I think they're great. (And I miss Sara!!!) I do think that the thing about group settings can be true though.
    I thought you're married to an INTJ, who is your mirror.
    INTJ

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by P-chan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I love em but... it's problematic. I'm married to my contrary. I am the extroverted partner, and I end up feeling like I need to do what I can not to annoy him. In a non-relationship setting, I am at first somewhat irritated by my contrary, but it's not long before I think they're great. (And I miss Sara!!!) I do think that the thing about group settings can be true though.
    I thought you're married to an INTJ, who is your mirror.
    I'm 95% certain he's an INTp.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They should get rid of the J and P and replace them both with "lol."

    INTlol
    ESTlol
    INFlol

    It would make Socionics more entertaining.

    INTps are okay.

  9. #9
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    INTps are okay.
    I'm telling your fiance you said that.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  10. #10
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find ENTps like Freud and Russell IMPOSSIBLE to read (sorry). Their lack of focus coupled with my lack of focus means I get bored around page 2.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  11. #11
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Usually I like and admire INTjs.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    INTps are okay.
    I'm telling your fiance you said that.
    Hey, I didn’t know he was engaged. Poor Artemis.

  13. #13
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    INTps are okay.
    I'm telling your fiance you said that.
    Hey, I didn’t know he was engaged. Poor Artemis.
    ahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah aaha
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    INTps are okay.
    I'm telling your fiance you said that.
    Hey, I didn’t know he was engaged. Poor Artemis.
    ahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah aaha
    *psst, Sycophant, she was talking about you*
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    INTps are okay.
    I'm telling your fiance you said that.
    Hey, I didn’t know he was engaged. Poor Artemis.
    ahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah aaha
    *psst, Sycophant, she was talking about you*
    Yes, I believe she knew that...
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Contrary with ISTP. Depend on what mood were both in. Some I get along great with some I don't. My youngest brother is an ISTP and we can drive each other nuts sometimes. He can get me really, really mad once in a while. But I'm great friends with one ISTP.
    ISFP, SEI

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Quote Originally Posted by taz
    Contrary with ISTP. Depend on what mood were both in. Some I get along great with some I don't. My youngest brother is an ISTP and we can drive each other nuts sometimes. He can get me really, really mad once in a while. But I'm great friends with one ISTP.
    Isn't ENFp your contrary?

    ISTp qould be your comparative.
    OPPS sorry I was thinking of Comparative , lol. I thought ENFP's is my semi dual. I'll find out who my contrary person.
    ISFP, SEI

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK it's ESFP. I do get along with them great. But I tend to need a break from them as my energy doesn't last as long as thiers. I do have to be honest that they can annoy me once in awhile because they have alot of energy. They do talk more than I do but sometimes ESFP can get me to blend with them for quite awhile. Yes they can get me going.
    ISFP, SEI

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    INTps are okay.
    I'm telling your fiance you said that.
    Hey, I didn’t know he was engaged. Poor Artemis.
    ahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah aaha
    *psst, Sycophant, she was talking about you*
    Yes, I believe she knew that...
    Just playing along.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Woops, yes you're right ESFp

    I must have been thinking of my contrary, lol
    Ha, I aint the only one that messed up. :wink: . I just look at the letter C and assume it was comparative again.
    ISFP, SEI

  21. #21
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wrote in another thread:

    Contrary relations are bad because the introverted partner feels like he's living in the shadow of the the extroverted one and the extroverted one feels like she needs to tone herself down and be more introverted. The introverted partner feels he has nothing to offer and the extroverted partner feel annoying.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  22. #22
    Creepy-Kioshi

    Default

    I don't think its that bad.

    I identify with the INFP style. My friend indentifies with the ENFP style. We define our roles in relationship to each other in a way that preserves our identities.

    I work in a topic-comment (theme-rheme) format. She changes topics constantly. She marks new topics as a courtesy to me.

    When she is trying to solve a problem, she doesn't do this. She changes topics faster than I can follow. But it doesn't matter. She just needs to sound off. My role is as her sounding board.

    When she is struggling to manage a problem, my role is to cheer her up and guide her through the problem. She does the same for me. We have carried each other through some rough times. We are very close.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't ever get along with ENTjs. I really and honestly try to, but in the end I find them absolutely, unbearably annoying. I really think their hidden is far too obvious to me, and it always sets me off. I constantly think they are trying to control everyone (which they are, but they will deny it most of the time). I guess I notice it so much because it's my PoLR. I hope I piss them off just as much with my hidden

  24. #24
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Friendships and relationships are very different things.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Friendships and relationships are very different things.
    No, you can't be serious? Wow.
    That's a monumental discovery, Joy.

  26. #26
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Friendships and relationships are very different things.
    Friendship is a loving relationship.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •