Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debate between Beta and Delta

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Debate between Beta and Delta

I saw something on this NYC am show today....

Jeraldo Rivera and others were discussing a little boy who is an illegal immigrant who was given into foster care. He said he hoped the fact the little boy was set to head back to Mexico wasn't the biggest issue people had. He said it seems to be an immigration issue and part of an anti-hispanic sentiment in the U.S. these days. The other hosts and the audience quickly backtracked and so said oh no no the fact he's going to go back to Mexico has nothign to do with it. So he then shifted his position to say its a foster parent issue..that a child shouldn't be ripped away after bonding with the foster parents.

I agreed with him about it being an immigration issue and an anit-hispanic issue, and it is. That is the biggest issue we're facing these days. But a Delta is willing to take it back for the sake of "peace," and is willing to come out with a new theory that says jack shit and changes nothing for the sake of not getting other people upset.

Deltas can be so completely full of shit. The moral of the story is that ENFJs and Betas stick to topics that are both difficult and true, while Deltas bend to sell issues, and to not rock the boat. Betas are a force for change and Deltas are force for medocrity.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This surely is an objective, unbiased opinion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deltas can be so completely full of shit. The moral of the story is that ENFJs and Betas stick to topics that are both difficult and true, while Deltas bend to sell issues, and to not rock the boat. Betas are a force for change and Deltas are force for medocrity.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree..In my experience, Deltas try more to blend their opinion and soften the edge of their sentiments, while Beta's try to grasp and keep their opinion, making sure everyone knows what side they're on.

I don't see what he said as biased...he was just stating..a fact (idk what to call it...)...maybe his choice of words made it appear biased...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agreed with him about it being an immigration issue and an anit-hispanic issue, and it is. That is the biggest issue we're facing these days.
    You believe immigration is the biggest problem America faces? Or were you referring to something else.

Hey, GBush Senior is LSE, apparently. How do you feel about him?

[hr:2d332c29f5]
    The obvious problem with......
    Beta's try to grasp and keep their opinion, making sure everyone knows what side they're on.
    when that leads too....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_flowers (Mao as beta ST ?)
    Some concluded that Mao knew the outcome before the campaign had even began. The Hundred Flower Campaign identified critics and was used to silence them.
    ...or....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/******#The_Holocaust (****** as ENFj)
    One of the foundations of ******'s and the NSDAP's social policies was the concept of racial hygiene. It was based on the ideas of Arthur de Gobineau, eugenics, and social Darwinism. Applied to human beings, "survival of the fittest" was interpreted as requiring racial purity and killing off "life unworthy of life." The first victims were crippled and retarded children in a program dubbed Action T4.[46] After a public outcry, ****** made a show of ending this program, but the killings in fact continued.
    [hr:2d332c29f5]

......my point is not that betas are terrible, no. You can find negative examples of deltas as well. But when you say things like this,
    you sound like you don't want to admit that beta's strengths can be used for good or bad things, just like deltas can. Betas can be so completely full of shit, too.

So really, people can be so full of shit, sometimes.
    I say this mostly because your kind of talk profanes socionics - you are using normative terms on something that is purely positive (the economics use of those terms).

PS: I say this more as a warning - I have made numerous comments like this in the past, largely about betas, too, making generalizations about them as a whole. I also believe I profaned socionics when I did that.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePeddler
    I agree..In my experience, Deltas try more to blend their opinion and soften the edge of their sentiments, while Beta's try to grasp and keep their opinion, making sure everyone knows what side they're on.
    Perhaps that is the difference between some NFs in beta and delta. I know delta STs who are anything but blending in their opinions.

I can see....
    Delta

Betas tend to regard Delta types as noncommittal in their unwillingness to support goals decided in a group, lack of drive, and ethical self-righteousness. Rather than back group efforts that require vision and concentration of effort, Delta types prefer to just work on personal projects.

Deltas tend to see Beta types as people who "dream big" and always want to turn things into grandiose endeavors, yet can't manage day-to-day affairs effectively. Also, Beta types seem unwilling to consider things from the point of view of others, which gives them a streak of meanness and cruelty.
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Quadras

... this as being pretty much the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gammas are the ones who are lead by the feildmarshal (obviously a war-like quadrant). And Deltas are the ones that dangerously softline on issues and skip over valid analysis of them, because its too complex for them. To imply that examples of Betas are Mao, George W. Bush, or ****** is fucking absurd! Get out of my topic!
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah well maybe if you want one of those you should head over to the Delta quadrant where they'll alter the content of their opinons to be popular and make money. where their opinons are "unbiased and objective," and also where they manage to say absolutely nothing.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't value the same things you do, get over yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't value the same things you do, get over yourself.
    do you value anything besides sarcasm?
    Lefty
    ENFJ

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lefty
    yeah well maybe if you want one of those you should head over to the Delta quadrant where they'll alter the content of their opinons to be popular and make money. where their opinons are "unbiased and objective," and also where they manage to say absolutely nothing.
    OK I have to admit this is funny.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I think this thread is very conflict oriented, I think the main issue is totally correct. I keep seeing delta NFs back down from discussions and quietly frown at my opinions. It annoys me sometimes. And they pick safe topics, which seem a bit like a waste of time - noting is really said there. Beta is a force of change and being proud of voicing your opinion!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    Delta

Betas tend to regard Delta types as noncommittal in their unwillingness to support goals decided in a group, lack of drive, and ethical self-righteousness. Rather than back group efforts that require vision and concentration of effort, Delta types prefer to just work on personal projects.

Deltas tend to see Beta types as people who "dream big" and always want to turn things into grandiose endeavors, yet can't manage day-to-day affairs effectively. Also, Beta types seem unwilling to consider things from the point of view of others, which gives them a streak of meanness and cruelty.
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Quadras

HEY LISTEN UP QUICK
    YOU'RE A RETARD

The gammas are the ones who are lead by the feildmarshal (obviously a war-like quadrant). And Deltas are the ones that dangerously softline on issues and skip over valid analysis of them, because its too complex for them. To imply that examples of Betas are Mao, George W. Bush, or ****** is fucking absurd! Get out of my topic!
    BUSH IS AN EXAMPLE OF an LSE, not a BETA!!

DEAL WITH PEOPLE HAVING OTHER OPINIONS THAN YOUR OWN - THIS IS THE REAL WORLD.
    ****** IS TYPED AS an EIE LAST I HEARD, and ON THE FORUM PEOPLE AGREED MAO WAS BETA ST - SO SUCK ON THAT.

[/betaspeak]

I swear, talking to betas sometimes is like talking to dogs. It does not matter what you say at all, just the tone of your voice.
    You didn't even read what I wrote, which is not surprising, because it doesn't make you look good.

......my point is not that betas are terrible, no. You can find negative examples of deltas as well. But when you say things like this,

So really, people can be so full of shit, sometimes.
    I say this mostly because your kind of talk profanes socionics - you are using normative terms on something that is purely positive (the economics use of those terms).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Although I think this thread is very conflict oriented, I think the main issue is totally correct. I keep seeing delta NFs back down from discussions and quietly frown at my opinions. It annoys me sometimes. And they pick safe topics, which seem a bit like a waste of time - noting is really said there. Beta is a force of change and being proud of voicing your opinion!
    Betas have to also learn that it is not just about them or what they think, and that there are other people and ideas in this world. Negatively, they can refuse to acknowledge checks and balances and can be so concerned with voicing their own opinion that they don't listen to anyone else.

Yes, the fire and passion of beta quadra is a huge asset to the world. But with that 'power' comes responsibility, so you have to accept that. Make sure you are changing towards something good, and not just for the benefit of a very small amount of people.

Although I think this thread is very conflict oriented, I think the main issue is totally correct. I keep seeing delta NFs back down from discussions and quietly frown at my opinions. It annoys me sometimes.
    Imagine how you annoy them.

The main issue is correct in that there are differences between the two quadras, that is for sure.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's the same old Fe/Ti vs Fi/Te stuff.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betas have to also learn that it is not just about them or what they think, and that there are other people and ideas in this world. Negatively, they can refuse to acknowledge checks and balances and can be so concerned with voicing their own opinion that they don't listen to anyone else.

Yes, the fire and passion of beta quadra is a huge asset to the world. But with that 'power' comes responsibility, so you have to accept that. Make sure you are changing towards something good, and not just for the benefit of a very small amount of people.

Although I think this thread is very conflict oriented, I think the main issue is totally correct. I keep seeing delta NFs back down from discussions and quietly frown at my opinions. It annoys me sometimes.

The main issue is correct in that there are differences between the two quadras, that is for sure.
    QTF Sir.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In that case, I officially declare myself Beta.

Generally it's Ne. It is frustrating when people just keep pounding on with their opinion and refuse to consider alternatives or real life application. That would be
    the conflict. It has nothing to do with not wanting change.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim

Generally it's Ne. It is frustrating when people just keep pounding on with their opinion and refuse to consider alternatives or real life application. That would be
    *insert nodding head icon here*
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Those who speak do not know;
    Those who know do not speak."
    - Lao Tzu

While I've got pretty strong convictions on many issues, there are others where a more open-minded, non-reductionist approach is needed for dialogue of any productive value to emerge.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno... The forum is so full of people who actually sincerely admire ESTjs and there is generally a lot of anti-Fe talk. I still sometimes think that threads in beta quarda should not be allowd to have MOST posts by deltas (I mean the STs here) who come here to say why betas suck so much. And Baby, your quote only works if you actually meant that stupid betas don't even know what they are talking about. I don't mind if you're anti-beta, but then please make it clear that you're ENFp and stop saying that you are super-extra special different kind of INFp.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno... The forum is so full of people who actually sincerely admire ESTjs and there is generally a lot of anti-Fe talk. I still sometimes think that threads in beta quarda should not be allowd to have MOST posts by deltas (I mean the STs here) who come here to say why betas suck so much. And Baby, your quote only works if you actually meant that stupid betas don't even know what they are talking about. I don't mind if you're anti-beta, but then please make it clear that you're ENFp and stop saying that you are super-extra special different kind of INFp.
    Hey now I don't say any group of people suck I pretty much hate everyone on an individual level, if I hate at all. And I do not hate Kristina.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom

Well... I don't like that delta NFs avoid the conflict. That means that the issue never gets settled. The beta way is to solve the issues once and for all. INFps sometimes avoid conflict by saying "well, that's what I believe, but if you don't agree, I can't change your mind". Deltas just say "ok" and change the topic. And that feels like unfinished business to me.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Fi & Si, Delta is the quadra that most loves to express annoyance.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey now I don't say any group of people suck I pretty much hate everyone on an individual level, if I hate at all. And I do not hate Kristina.
    I don't mind if you would hate me a little (generally, as one of the ENFjs). I just don't like the general beta-bashing. When someone mentions beta, some asshole starts talking about ****** and I think it's wrong and mean.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... I don't like that delta NFs avoid the conflict. That means that the issue never gets settled. The beta way is to solve the issues once and for all. INFps sometimes avoid conflict by saying "well, that's what I believe, but if you don't agree, I can't change your mind". Deltas just say "ok" and change the topic. And that feels like unfinished business to me.

Speaking for myself, It's nothing personal I just don't give a flying fuck. I mean, really, have it your way if you care so much. Now mind you i'm not like that about everything, because I will defend whatever I personally believe is worth defending. It just feels like , when you keep bringing the issue up, that you're trying to change my mind, and that is NOT cool. WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT ME

Edit: And
    "I don't mind if you would hate me a little (generally, as one of the ENFjs)"... You're telling me to hate you!??! Why??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Different from what? He seems very similar to vague to me, and also similar in ways to misutii, as well as other INFps, like Starfall. He doesn't seem at all like any of the ENFps. . .
    I relate to most INFps on the forum. Maybe just not to the male ones... And his quote was totally misplaced. And if he meant it the way I think he meant it, it's also slightly non-Fe, because it goes against the group where he himself should fit.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to check out how this fight goes before I comment on Betas Vs Deltas

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking for myself, It's nothing personal I just don't give a flying fuck. I mean, really, have it your way if you care so much. Now mind you i'm not like that about everything, because I will defend whatever I personally believe is worth defending. It just feels like , when you keep bringing the issue up, that you're trying to change my mind, and that is NOT cool. WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT ME

Edit: And
    "I don't mind if you would hate me a little (generally, as one of the ENFjs)"... You're telling me to hate you!??! Why??
    ISTps make me feel all guilty by totally pissing me off every now and then - to the point of momentary hatred - and then act all and friendly and expect that the negativity throughout the interactions don't mean anything. I've had the worst relationships with ISTps and we still maintain the feeling that generally it's all ok, because we have been friends so long. But I treat them with caution like expecting them to always say the thing that would most piss me off. I actually thought you think of me as an overemotional typical predictable ENFj. If I stop assuming that, then all our interactions seem weird in hindsight. If you think of me as a friend (in the wide sense of the word), we're at twilight zone.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle
    I'm going to check out how this fight goes before I comment on Betas Vs Deltas
    lol
    you're gonna have to take over then because I have to go to sleep now.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    With Fi & Si, Delta is the quadra that most loves to express annoyance.
    Hm. Really?

I suppose I can see that.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom

I can see how it would feel that way to someone who values Se. To me, if someone continues arguing after it's clear no consensus can be reached, it feels like unnecessary conflict and shit-stirring.

Maybe this is a good thing to remember when people in Whats My Type can't figure out whether they're ENFj or ENFp.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind if you would hate me a little (generally, as one of the ENFjs). I just don't like the general beta-bashing. When someone mentions beta, some asshole starts talking about ****** and I think it's wrong and mean.
    I like ******. ****** is my homeboy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps make me feel all guilty by totally pissing me off every now and then - to the point of momentary hatred - and then act all and friendly and expect that the negativity throughout the interactions don't mean anything. I've had the worst relationships with ISTps and we still maintain the feeling that generally it's all ok, because we have been friends so long. But I treat them with caution like expecting them to always say the thing that would most piss me off. I actually thought you think of me as an overemotional typical predictable ENFj. If I stop assuming that, then all our interactions seem weird in hindsight. If you think of me as a friend (in the wide sense of the word), we're at twilight zone.
    The reason we can turn it off and on like that is because, well, we get angry, then in 5 minutes it just passes... I can't really explain it. Trust me when I say that when it seems like we've let it go too easily, it is because we can let go very easily! It's not a ploy And I know one ENFj and she seems like a total wack job but I can't help but love her.

And I don't think of you as an overemotional ENFj because I honestly only know 1 in reality, and then I sorta know you through this very limited medium called the intarweb. Why do our interactions seem weird? I can be a friend

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason we can turn it off and on like that is because, well, we get angry, then in 5 minutes it just passes... I can't really explain it. Trust me when I say that when it seems like we've let it go too easily, it is because we can let go very easily! It's not a ploy
    That's . When I get upset or angry, my husband says, " ." Except he spells it, "Relax. It isn't a big deal." He lets it go, and he helps me let it go. No fighting! Such bliss!!
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a fucking idiot.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about this ENFp claim, but I must say that your sig quote sure sounds -ish to me.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was Merry > Serious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I thought it was Merry > Serious.
    Maybe it's in the eye of the beholder or something. It sounds Si to me.
    -Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast