Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: help type me (pictures included!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default help type me (pictures included!)

Hi there, this is my first post on this forum . I have been taking MBTI tests for a very long time now, but only recently found out about Socionics. I have been to the socionics.com website and I understand the criticisms of MBTI. Just browsing through the forum I get the sense that socionics is so much more comprehensive, and I am seeing acronyms which I don’t even recognize, but would love to understand eventually. It looks like there are a whole heap of resources about socionics, but I haven't yet put the time or effort into going through them.

Anyway, I was wondering if you all could offer your thoughts on what type(s?) I may be. Its kind of cool how some people seem to be able to get so much insight into someone through the way they write. Though I realise that knowing this, I may be subtly altering my writing style, but that can’t be helped so I won’t worry about it too much. I have discussions in my own head, describing myself (I even have discussions about having discussions... which gets quite recursive), but I still fear that most of what I say here will be irrelevant.

What I’m most sure of is that i’m introverted. I'm quiet around new people, and even my close friends, though I can get quite animated with them. I have quite an unrestrained laugh, though only my close friends see it. Usually I'm pretty reserved. Sometimes I wonder whether I am just an intensely shy extravert because I can get quite lonely and feel a deep desire to connect with people. However I'm pretty sure I'm introverted because I can get tired when talking to even my best friends, especially when they get too clingy - but I think if I wasn't so closed off I would also be quite clingy, so I might just be reacting against something I don't like about myself. Sometimes I act disinterested and aloof around new people, even though most of the time I would really like to get to know them. I avoid going to large parties, except when I know there will be someone I can hang around with, or the person organising it is very important to me. On the other hand I love hanging out with a small group of my good friends. Though even then I can feel quite lost and isolated.

I like working in groups, especially with unstructured tasks. I'm not afraid of voicing my thoughts and taking the lead in a group, especially if it is small and I feel confident in what I am going on about (though I can get quite intimidated by big groups, though I think that's partly because I feel my voice isn't loud enough to carry to everyone...!). Often I am wary about dominating the group's work too much, and hang back just to ensure everyone can contribute. I feel annoyed when others don't offer thoughts on the things I am saying, and just blindly agree. In large groups I get lost and I would be the last person nominated to be a leader by people who don't know me well.

I enjoy arguing with my friends about opinions and ideas, mainly to understand where they are coming from. I also use arguments with my friends to help form my own opinions. However I become uncomfortable when my friends get defensive (and hurt) and worked up about their opinions. I feel i'm good at seeing both sides of an argument, and I think that's why my own opinions are often vague and unformed, though there are a few things I have strong convictions about. Just generally, my friends say I can never give a simple answer, but I think rarely does a simple answer exist.

My room and my study table are disorganised as hell, mainly because I think it is *edit: NOT* worth putting effort into keeping things tidy. I misplace a lot of things. I get very frustrated with my mum's obsession with cleanliness. I am much better at starting things than finishing them off. I'm far too lazy to keep a diary or an organiser. However I am usually always on time, rarely miss appointments or deadlines, and feel annoyed when others are late. With things like job interviews I do a lot of planning ahead of time. Others who know me would say that I'm organised. However my mum would definitely not agree with that, lol. I revise things over and over again. I am good at seeing the big picture, and I think this is more important than details, however I am also good at noticing details. I notice a lot of things others tend to miss, especially about people. I have an excellent memory generally, but especially for things my friends have said.

I empathise a lot with others. All the decisions I've made about my future (e.g. what I study at university) have ultimately been driven by this. However I try not to be too unrealistic with my decisions. I have a lot of backup plans. I place such a huge importance on understanding other's actions because of the extent to which I am affected by the problems people cause. I value mercy, and I do not like judgemental people. I feel people need to accept others a lot more. I value compassion greatly, far more so than intelligence or competence. However I feel uncomfortable about expressing my own emotions, or letting people know my own feelings. I don't think I'd be a very good writer, because I am not good at expressing myself using words... and that might be why I love writing music (though I'm very very bad at finishing things off). Music has a huge affect on me, but then I suspect this applies for most people :wink:

Anyway ergh I feel so about how much I've written, I could go on for ages talking about myself, but this might be enough for now. just one thing that bothers me about what I've written is the number of fullstops and short sentences I've used... I don't think I normally write like that, but I guess its the easiest way for me to describe myself. Thanks to anyone who bothered reading all this!
    Last edited by hellothere; 12-23-2007 at 02:26 AM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: help type me (pictures included!)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere
    What I’m most sure of is that i’m introverted. I'm quiet around new people, and even my close friends, though I can get quite animated with them. I have quite an unrestrained laugh, though only my close friends see it. Usually I'm pretty reserved. Sometimes I wonder whether I am just an intensely shy extravert because I can get quite lonely and feel a deep desire to connect with people.

I like working in groups, especially with unstructured tasks. I'm not afraid of voicing my thoughts and taking the lead in a group, especially if it is small and I feel confident in what I am going on about (though I can get quite intimidated by big groups, though I think that's partly because I feel my voice isn't loud enough to carry to everyone...!).

I enjoy arguing with my friends about opinions and ideas, mainly to understand where they are coming from. I also use arguments with my friends to help form my own opinions. However I become uncomfortable when my friends get defensive (and hurt) and worked up about their opinions. I feel i'm good at seeing both sides of an argument, and I think that's why my own opinions are often vague and unformed, though there are a few things I have strong convictions about. Just generally, my friends say I can never give a simple answer, but I think rarely does a simple answer exist.

My room and my study table are disorganised as hell, mainly because I think it is worth putting effort into keeping things tidy. I misplace a lot of things. I get very frustrated with my mum's obsession with cleanliness. I am much better at starting things than finishing them off. I'm far too lazy to keep a diary or an organiser. However I am usually always on time, rarely miss appointments or deadlines, and feel annoyed when others are late. With things like job interviews I do a lot of planning ahead of time. Others who know me would say that I'm organised. However my mum would definitely not agree with that, lol. I revise things over and over again. I am good at seeing the big picture, and I think this is more important than details, however I am also good at noticing details. I notice a lot of things others tend to miss, especially about people. I have an excellent memory generally, but especially for things my friends have said.

I empathise a lot with others. All the decisions I've made about my future (e.g. what I study at university) have ultimately been driven by this. However I try not to be too unrealistic with my decisions. I have a lot of backup plans. I place such a huge importance on understanding other's actions because of the extent to which I am affected by the problems people cause. I value mercy, and I do not like judgemental people. I feel people need to accept others a lot more. I value compassion greatly, far more so than intelligence or competence. Music has a huge affect on me, but then I suspect this applies for most people :wink:
    All this reminds me of SEI.

"However I feel uncomfortable about expressing my own emotions, or letting people know my own feelings. I don't think I'd be a very good writer, because I am not good at expressing myself using words... "

However, IEI's have great trouble expressing their emotions.

"however I am also good at noticing details."

Strong Se there, so if you are indeed SEI, your auxiliary function is strong.

Anyway, I hope other people can give their opinion on this.

EDIT: I agree, he looks like an INTJ, but an INTJ's inferior function is Se, and it seems that he has strong Se.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Creepy-bg

he looks like Tcaud in some of those pictures

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Produce this "Tcaud" character Goat so we may examine him.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's very interesting, thanks a lot for the thoughts so far.

btw, I think sometimes I sell myself short on my written language skills (though my writing is probably very bad up there, but I wasn't really trying to write "well" up there). I think I am very good at comprehending written language, or understanding what the author was trying to get across. I'm also quite good at writing scientific/journal style articles (I have done very well in all my all my psychology essays and reports, and have had a paper published in the area of 'educational data mining'.... though I'm not greatly into computer science). However I am quite untalented when it comes to creative writing, maybe because I don't read enough books myself (though I do enjoy reading, once I start, and can get quite obsessive.. just there are so many other things I'd rather do.... such as talking about myself on an internet forum).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see why so many people think I give off an IJ vibe or introverted vibe in my photos... (or at least the ones I have posted here in the past).

What do you think you are, hellothere?
    Where do you stand on T/F, and other dichotomies, even in terms of MBTI?

You give off a reserved vibe based on the photos. Are those close friends? What is your relation to the people in the photos?
    How old are you?

PS: http://socionics.us/ - a good place to learn about socionics
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the link JTDW, appreciate it

well I think I am fairly obviously an 'I' (though I do have my doubts sometimes, as I said above.)

okay straight out with MBTI: what I consistently get through those tests is INFP (ocasionally INFJ). However, I'm really not sure about the F/T distinction, and although I'd LIKE to be an 'N', my ability to notice and remember things makes me think i'm an 'S'. However I think my thinking processes are more N than S. But then again I probably have a very limited understanding of these things compared to some of you guys. With the P/J, i understand this is one of the areas where socionics differs a lot from MBTI? But anyway on the surface I feel and look like a P, though the way I act (as suggested above), makes me think I may be a J. I recently did that type assistant on socionic.com and eventually got INTj, though in the past it has told me INFp.
    Last edited by hellothere; 12-23-2007 at 02:27 AM.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Produce this "Tcaud" character Goat so we may examine him.
    User Tcaud's myspace

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That tight mouth, those careful explanations, it points to INFJ of course.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp. Or at least Delta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you react to agressive pushy behaviour when you seem to be slacking a bit?

Do you look at activities as something you need to do to meet a deadline(could be one you set on your own) or prefer to do pick up momentum on your own pace?

From your pictures you look INXj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I quite understood the question about activities, but I'll try to answer anyway: I don't really set my own deadlines. If it's something I'm doing for myself, then the latter. If it's something that I'm doing for someone I dont know very well (e.g. at work), then probably the former, though I'm not sure what you mean by "activities as something you need to do to meet a deadline".

The first question is kind of hard for me to answer, because I don't think I've experienced it. I don't really slack off much, especially when others are invested in the work. Though I imagine if it was someone I knew well I would get a bit stubborn and defensive, but then I would concede that I was slacking. If it was someone I didn't know very well, then I would probably concede straight away, especially if they were in a position of authority over me. That's if I actually was slacking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I quite understood the question about activities, but I'll try to answer anyway: I don't really set my own deadlines. If it's something I'm doing for myself, then the latter. If it's something that I'm doing for someone I dont know very well (e.g. at work), then probably the former, though I'm not sure what you mean by "activities as something you need to do to meet a deadline".

The first question is kind of hard for me to answer, because I don't think I've experienced it. I don't really slack off much, especially when others are invested in the work. Though I imagine if it was someone I knew well I would get a bit stubborn and defensive, but then I would concede that I was slacking. If it was someone I didn't know very well, then I would probably concede straight away, especially if they were in a position of authority over me. That's if I actually was slacking.
    What is the reason for getting a bit stubborn and defensive?

I was thinking you are probably ISFj, but still not sure.

With the activities, do you get restless if they arent done immediately(an Se tendency) or think about it and do it on your own relaxed pace(an Si tendency). This discounts all life crisis situations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh I'm not sure, I guess I've always been a bit stubborn, but I tend to hide that around people I don't know very well, or only just getting to know. I guess its partly because I have a quite a bit of self belief? Even though I might come off as self-doubting. Also because 'slacking off' isn't consistent with how I perceive myself, so if someone told me I was doing it, I would initially have a hard time believing it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that all when I'm working in a team. I do slack off quite a bit when I'm doing something for myself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    ISTp. Or at least Delta.
    What is it about that Delta quadra that relates to me?

from the page on socionics.us:
    Discussion of interesting facts about people and places. definitely
    Enjoy group outdoor activities. sometimes, not always
    "Live and let live" attitude. definitely, though I don't think I was always like this.
    Engage only in "productive" activities and discussions. don't really identify with that at all
    Prefer smaller groups. yep
    Emotionally subdued; generally serious, but with periodic funny moments. i guess so, though it doesnt really apply to my friends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you like it when someone in your group tries to get everybody to start talking, sort of like try to get in your skin and make you lively, and shows immediate external emotions? Are you inclined to view those people as interested in you or fake and needy, or what?

Anyway from the rest of the socionics.us quadra page which seems to fit you the best?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of what you're saying reminds me of myself. I would certainly prod you along the INFx route. You also sound like you're pretty smart. While it's probably theoretically incorrect or at least misleading to say so, I wonder if this might not explain some of the difficulties you're having typing yourself. Actually, I'm certain that this is misleading, so disregard that. I suppose what I was getting at is that you sound like a pronounced introvert with perhaps a more subtle preference for intuition, and feeling. There's also a seriousness to your writing that (while I may be misreading or overestimating), I think would tend towards a rational type. So I guess I am suggesting INFj. You might try to look into the information elements some more to get a clearer idea of which it is you feel confident about or value (see Ezra's post on typing titled "Points to note when determining type" in the General Discussion. I found it to be a very useful heuristic).

Also, you might check out these descriptions of INFj to see if you relate in any way:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...itive_Introtim

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Filatova_EII

I think you might find something in them that resonates with the kind of person you are. If not, then feel free to resume the search. Finding one's identity isn't easy, and sometimes the journey is longer for some than for others. That might sound overly philosophical, but you seem like a good person and I think you may understand. In any case, good luck and I look forward to seeing you on the forums!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call about the quadras... I relate totally to delta - I will put it in my thread.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plantrootz, I think I would find that more fake and needy. Though (and I'm not sure if this is what you meant), I don't mind formal "introduce yourself" type things because it gives me an excuse to talk about myself and get to know other people.

about the quadras, I guess delta does fit the best, though there is also something about alpha that I identify with.

munenori, I definitely identify with most of the INFj description (I only read the first link, though I will read the second after I post this). But then sometimes I wonder whether thats just what I'd like to be, or whether that's the kind of person I'd most admire. But like I said, I still like 'who I am", so its not necessarily inconsistent. thanks for the advice by the way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plantrootz, I think I would find that more fake and needy. Though (and I'm not sure if this is what you meant), I don't mind formal "introduce yourself" type things because it gives me an excuse to talk about myself and get to know other people.

about the quadras, I guess delta does fit the best, though there is also something about alpha that I identify with.
    Ok you probably don't like Fe then. The productiveness that you speak of sound like needing for Te than Se now that I think about it. You are probably INFj for now, needa keep options open but yeah look up INFj descriptions there are a ton on this site. More likely in Articles and delta subforum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually I think I misunderstood your question (so much for having good written comprehension...). I just read a few descriptions about extraverted feeling, and I think if someone did that, then I would first roll my eyes and feel uncomfortable... though at the same time I would appreciate what they were trying to do.

JTDW, what's your thread? It sounds interesting

by the way, thanks a lot everyone, you've been very helpful. i like it when people are engaging (something that I could work on for myself...). but keep the opinions coming!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just noticed this: With the activities, do you get restless if they arent done immediately(an Se tendency) or think about it and do it on your own relaxed pace(an Si tendency). This discounts all life crisis situations.

For myself, definitely the latter. Though sometimes I think I expect the former from others when I'm working in a group towards something that is important to me.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valid points, hkkmr.

Though I would like to say, I'm always on time!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though sometimes I think I expect the former from others when I'm working in a group towards something that is important to me.
    Is it something you generally enjoy or are wary of?

You should probably compare INFp and INFj profiles and see which fits you better. Also a quote from your earlier post, "However I am usually always on time, rarely miss appointments or deadlines, and feel annoyed when others are late."

Could you explain why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkkmr, although I identify with parts of the INFp description (especailly introverted intuition), and I wouldn't mind being an INFp, I don't think extraverted feeling quite represents me:

"IEIs are comfortable discussing feelings that arise from interaction between people. They are naturals at guessing who has been offended and approaching the person and helping him to let off steam and make amends with the offender. IEIs are typically quick to take the blame for offenses upon themselves in order to show their acceptance and good will towards the other person.

IEIs' speech and voice usually have a certain dramatic affect and depth of feeling. This feeling can be used to generate elation and boisterous laughter as well as feelings of sadness and loss. "

But then again, maybe if I wasn't shy and socially awkward that would describe me. It sounds like the kind of person I'd like to be.

another thing, INFp seems to be in the Beta quadrant:
    "Typical Beta quadra group behavior:
    Lengthy, theatrical monologues. Loud, hearty laughter. Importance given to group rituals such as those related to food and drink. Displays of great generosity and inclusion, but with the demand of emotional involvement in group. Rowdiness. Generally theatrical atmosphere, but with periodic moments of "dead seriousness."

My group of friends really isn't like that... but then its possible that I'm a "straggler" in another group. (I definitely don't identify with the Gamma quadra btw)

plantrootz, i don't really get THAT annoyed... but I guess its just because if I turn up on time I feel disappointed that the other person didn't reciprocate the effort. Also, if it's a social thing, something that I am looking forward to, then other people being late just means I get to spend less time with them

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    i recall expat and some other Ni types around here disagreed with the on-timeness association. i remember one particular reason given is because "Ni has its own sense of time". i'm not particularly sure what that means. but i would hypothesize that it has something to do with Ni ego being more long-term. the sequence of events is mapped out on this big picture timeline perhaps. but when the Ni types go to make them happen in the everyday life, weak sensing might make the immediate execution and details a bit sloppy.

being on time sounds to me like it might have something to do with:

Ni POLR (which is supposed to have something to do with mass investing in preparation, b/c more finessed forecasting is weakened.)

Ne POLR (avoiding the worst-case scenario)

IJ temperament (slow but steady and deliberate)

thinking preference (subverting subjective considerations to an objective performance metric like time)

therefore i might expect ISTj's to be the most on-time. INTj's might not be too bad at being on time either, since they are ITj's.

i would not expect an INFp to be on-time. instead i would figure they are procrastinators, Ni giving them confidence in not having to do this or that "yet". IP temperament (self-explanatory??) and being ethicists they might be more swayed into diverting b/c of certain interpersonal or emotional obstacles that crop up.
    hm interesting, i hadnt heard all of those associations before.

im replying about Ni not being about on time-ness. I think it means the same thing as Ti not being about logic necessarily. Ni has to do with knowledge of processes one of which is time. Ti has to do with internal structures, one of which can be formal logic.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually I think I misunderstood your question (so much for having good written comprehension...). I just read a few descriptions about extraverted feeling, and I think if someone did that, then I would first roll my eyes and feel uncomfortable... though at the same time I would appreciate what they were trying to do.

JTDW, what's your thread? It sounds interesting

by the way, thanks a lot everyone, you've been very helpful. i like it when people are engaging (something that I could work on for myself...). but keep the opinions coming!
    my thread is entitled "my type" - one of the other recent ones in this subforum (What's My Type)

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13635 - duality descriptions

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni has nothing to do with being on time. I'm pretty sure ifmd95 is on to something, because I'm always late almost everywhere but ISTjs are always right on time!

When I first read Hellothere's descpription, I kept coming back to 3 types - INFp, INTp and ISTp. I would exclude the INFp from the pictures and say that all that compassion and everything was because of Fi hidden agenda. Very high morals and everything like that. INTp and ISTp (or ILI and SLI) both have Fi hidden agenda. There is the same kind of calm coldness in your facial traits as one ISTp has, but I wouldn't entirely exclude INTp. I would also propose INFj, but you take a leading position in a group too easily, but the INFjs that I know all avoid such things because it feels too much like telling people what to do. (yeah-yeah, you mentioned that, but you don't mind doing that a little, so I don't think you have Se PoLR).

So basically, I think you are either ILI or SLI and therefore have:
    Te creative
    Fe PoLR
    Fi Hidden agenda
    Ti demonstrative
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of what you have here looks like its very Fi-driven. EII makes sense.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with INFj. Don't really see much Fe. Possibly INTj, but I don't think so.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    INFp can be the most introverted of the introverts
    I would stay away from saying things like that; they don't make much sense from a socionics standpoint.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I would stay away from saying things like that; they don't make much sense from a socionics standpoint.
    They are quite quiet most of the time, I agree.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any strong intuitive can be very good at being on time.

I'm actually very good should I feel the motivation to be on time, but I tend to settle naturally into a rythme that I just follow. I tend to wake up at the same time, get home at the same time, etc.
    see disclaimer. and you're an Ni-ignoring thinker so you don't necessarily break the correlation anyway.
    I think I noted that types are not particularly concerned with timeliness or being on time, rather then types being concerned with being on time or being timely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Ni has nothing to do with being on time. I'm pretty sure ifmd95 is on to something, because I'm always late almost everywhere but ISTjs are always right on time!
    sweeet.

so now that makes you and Expat the examples i have in the forefront of my mind. but this brings up the possibility that what i said is actually mostly just an Ni-creative thing. (that's ENj, in case the new guy doesn't know that jargon yet.) maybe it's quite different for Ni-accepting INp's. perhaps EJ temperament is actually worse than IP for this (behavior), maybe because they have so many different execution points to juggle in mind (metabolism).
    Too bad it had nothing to do what I said, I said types do not concerns themselves very much with being on time or others being timely.

Sometimes, when I say one thing, people assume the "opposite" is true. And in this case, is not even the "opposite" of .

= not concerned with being on time <> concerned with being on time

LSI and ESI are probably the type most concerned with timeliness.
    this is an incredible amount of BS

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    They are quite quiet most of the time, I agree.
    Some are, some aren't, and that's all you can say about that. Fe subtypes tend not to be so much. Even extremely quiet Ni-INFps are usually in the thick of social stuff.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    I think any strong intuitive can be very good at being on time.

I'm actually very good should I feel the motivation to be on time, but I tend to settle naturally into a rythme that I just follow. I tend to wake up at the same time, get home at the same time, etc.
    see disclaimer. and you're an Ni-ignoring thinker so you don't necessarily break the correlation anyway.
    I think I noted that types are not particularly concerned with timeliness or being on time, rather then types being concerned with being on time or being timely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    sweeet.

so now that makes you and Expat the examples i have in the forefront of my mind. but this brings up the possibility that what i said is actually mostly just an Ni-creative thing. (that's ENj, in case the new guy doesn't know that jargon yet.) maybe it's quite different for Ni-accepting INp's. perhaps EJ temperament is actually worse than IP for this (behavior), maybe because they have so many different execution points to juggle in mind (metabolism).
    Too bad it had nothing to do what I said, I said types do not concerns themselves very much with being on time or others being timely.

Sometimes, when I say one thing, people assume the "opposite" is true. And in this case, is not even the "opposite" of .

= not concerned with being on time <> concerned with being on time

LSI and ESI are probably the type most concerned with timeliness.
    this is an incredible amount of BS
    Agreed. Timeliness does not have a simple relation to type. My ISFj sister is late all the time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to say that LSIs are often not late is not the same as saying that XSIs are never late, Ne types are always late, and Ni types are never late.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just saying it's not a definitive case for any type. Se creatives do tend to have more self-discipline (and hence be on time more), but it depends on what the event is.

Anyway, we also have

"I feel annoyed when others don't offer thoughts on the things I am saying, and just blindly agree."

" enjoy arguing with my friends about opinions and ideas, mainly to understand where they are coming from. I also use arguments with my friends to help form my own opinions. However I become uncomfortable when my friends get defensive (and hurt) and worked up about their opinions. I feel i'm good at seeing both sides of an argument, and I think that's why my own opinions are often vague and unformed, though there are a few things I have strong convictions about. Just generally, my friends say I can never give a simple answer, but I think rarely does a simple answer exist. "

which points to intuitive obviously, and

"I empathise a lot with others. All the decisions I've made about my future (e.g. what I study at university) have ultimately been driven by this. However I try not to be too unrealistic with my decisions. I have a lot of backup plans. I place such a huge importance on understanding other's actions because of the extent to which I am affected by the problems people cause. I value mercy, and I do not like judgemental people. I feel people need to accept others a lot more."

which is totally Fi.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to disagree with your typing but it is not consistant with certain sources of information that is out there.
    Am I arguing with you or with wikisocion?

What you quoted is almost anti-, not pro-.
    I'm talking about Delta Fi (+ Ne), which is about "accepting people for who they are". Fi is also about being nice and trying not to hurt people's feelings (ask Expat, I'm sure he will agree). I can't imagine any Fe quadra type saying "I feel people need to accept others a lot more." To me personally, it just sounds ridiculous.

IxFjs can certainly be judgmental, but unlike Ti ego types they will not express their judgmental-ness if they think it will offend someone. Which is a fully consistent interpretation of what he said.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="ifmd95"]
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    to say that LSIs are often not late is not the same as saying that XSIs are never late, Ne types are always late, and Ni types are never late.
    did we use absolutes?

partially. i don't know if you did or not, specifically.

and is there any lower-level reasons (e.g. functions or dichotomies) for making those other associations?
    no. honestly, no.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast