Thread: What is introverted intuition Ni like for Gammas?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is introverted intuition Ni like for Gammas?

well helllooooo gammas- long time no chat! life has been kicking my ass all over the place recently and ive finally got one second to talk. My question is, how can you be most of the time? I don't understand how you can just constantly be in your head all the time- don't you get scared that one day you'll cross the street, have no idea what's going on cuz you're so and get hit by a car? Idk... i understand the concept of and functions, i just want to know what the actual experience of having as a leading function is like. The whole thing is so foreign and exotic to me :wink: grrr...
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try smoking weed for about 2 weeks strait, everyday and all day, and you may figure out what it's like.

There are consequences to this study however, you will probably ruin you're life.

Was starting to miss you btw, I wish life was kicking my ass everywhere so I wasn't here so often. Working on getting that second job.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    Try smoking weed for about 2 weeks strait, everyday and all day, and you may figure out what it's like.

There are consequences to this study however, you will probably ruin you're life.

Was starting to miss you btw, I wish life was kicking my ass everywhere so I wasn't here so often. Working on getting that second job.
    lol lightweight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i missed u 2! nooo it isn't fun having life kick ur ass everywhere! i like being able to be P and not have any responsibilities haha 2 jobs? bleh! me no likey :-/ dont work too hard! so r u implying that when we smoke we become our dual? let's wipe out the ganja!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ni??

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    well helllooooo gammas- long time no chat! life has been kicking my ass all over the place recently and ive finally got one second to talk. My question is, how can you be most of the time? I don't understand how you can just constantly be in your head all the time- don't you get scared that one day you'll cross the street, have no idea what's going on cuz you're so and get hit by a car? Idk... i understand the concept of and functions, i just want to know what the actual experience of having as a leading function is like. The whole thing is so foreign and exotic to me :wink: grrr...

here's an excerpt from a college essay i wrote:

The mundane but truthful answer is that I don't completely know why these concepts so unnerve me. In my own subjective view, I have an extremely thorough understanding of the person that I am. I tend to think a lot about a variety of different things. It has occurred to me through the course of this repetitive thinking that I probably do nothing but think more than most people (though of course I have no way of measuring this). Some of the common themes of my thoughts include myself, the situations that surround me, and how I should best respond to those situations, all of which give me a great deal of understanding into the core of my persona.
    The fundamental, underlying problem, I think, is that I don't know how to adequately express my perception of these thoughts and ideas. I am, at heart, a deeply philosophical person, but that nature tends to stay within me and not show itself openly, because it doesn't know how. I have a great deal of difficulty writing about philosophical or abstract topics, mostly because I have a tendency to overly perfect my work; often, I simply erase the whole document, because it doesn't sufficiently reflect my innermost understanding.
    This is the curse which I bear: the curse of internalization. I understand the meaning of life. But I could never explain it.
    i don't know how well this actually answers your question. probably it doesn't at all.

a large part of the problem is that it's impossible to explain one's experiences based on ideas alone. the underlying ideas are fundamental; if communication does not impart them, then the entire meaning is lost. for this reason it's pretty much impossible to explain what i would call a philosophical concept, which, in this context, is extremely broadly defined.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, watch not why things are done, but the way they are done: this will give you clues into the areas that are specifically avoided because they are inexpressible. at least thats the way i personally will handle things; i've noticed that some people (reyn_til_runa, for example) will act differently under similar information.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost get hit by cars on a daily basis, even when I'm NOT jay-walking.
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesn't really help but thanks anyway- it kind of sounded like actually. btw, if that is your essay, it sounds a little pompous... no offense- just trying to help improvement as always
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok since we're having issues answering ill clarify- a) what is it like? for instance, do you think about events in the past and connect it to what may happen in the future? b) what sets it off? or is it just always going? c) do you feel confident in whats going on around u in the present? d) how often would you say you do it?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, when I read the OP I actually laughed out loud. Then I swiveled my chair around, doubled over, and laughed harder, hands clasped over my head.

"How can I constantly be in my head all the time?"

Heh heh heh.

My mind is my movies, my music, my food, my drink, my alcohol, my sex. (Of course, I am a Christian, but if I fall to temptation, at least in my mind I am guaranteed safety on the sex part)..

In my mind, I can be male or female, young or old, beautiful or hideous. I can have power to destroy words, charm to entice the finest ladies.

In my mind, I can kill and I can heal. I can rule nations, I can create life, I can pronounce Doom upon all the earth.

Car? Huh? It is but an illusion, a triviality, an irritant. Cease thy roaring, image. You exist not!
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn
    You know, when I read the OP I actually laughed out loud. Then I swiveled my chair around, doubled over, and laughed harder, hands clasped over my head.

"How can I constantly be in my head all the time?"

Heh heh heh.

My mind is my movies, my music, my food, my drink, my alcohol, my sex. (Of course, I am a Christian, but if I fall to temptation, at least in my mind I am guaranteed safety on the sex part)..

In my mind, I can be male or female, young or old, beautiful or hideous. I can have power to destroy words, charm to entice the finest ladies.

In my mind, I can kill and I can heal. I can rule nations, I can create life, I can pronounce Doom upon all the earth.

Car? Huh? It is but an illusion, a triviality, an irritant. Cease thy roaring, image. You exist not!
    sounds like fun! when you say: In my mind, I can be male or female, young or old, beautiful or hideous do you think for this reason INFps are able to understand others so well ( + )?

Do you guys think that all Ni's are the same? Meaning, in everyone's head is a similar set of imagery, patterns, etc.?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a NiFe well enough. I think it is the same, yes. But the "tone" is different. Look at Te and Fe dominant types. Apply that to what I just described.

Her: Life without passion is unforgivable.
    Me: Passion is useless.

Me: I prefer cold, hard, sharp, yet beautiful thinking.
    Her: You seem to pride yourself on that. Have fun wiith real relationships.

ILI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a NiFe well enough. I think it is the same, yes. But the "tone" is different. Look at Te and Fe dominant types. Apply that to what I just described.

Her: Life without passion is unforgivable.
    Me: Passion is useless.

Me: I prefer cold, hard, sharp, yet beautiful thinking.
    Her: You seem to pride yourself on that. Have fun wiith real relationships.
    see, that still sounds to me... grrr c'mon use ur s on me till it hurts! hurt me real good!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell are you talking about?

Are you saying you LIKE having venom spit on you?

If so, you'll be the third girl today. Must be the estrogen.

I'm kind of annoyed that my handsomely-crafted explanation was so ostensibly and spitefully rejected.

ILI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi
    I have difficuly seeing the Ni in NiTe as the same as Ni in NiFe. So I can't comment on Ni in general.

I am an observer by nature. Most of my conscious efforts are directed at gaining "insight" into what is happening around me, within me, and between me and others.
    I agree with this for myself as well. My seems to be about divining meaning from events in my life. My default question is always "Yes, but what does this *mean*?" The answer seems only satisfactorily answered in hindsight.

ok since we're having issues answering ill clarify- a) what is it like? for instance, do you think about events in the past and connect it to what may happen in the future?
    I always reflexively incorporate the past into present and future. They sometimes seem linked in a fateful manner such that I don't always feel like I can actually impact the direction of events.

b) what sets it off? or is it just always going?
    Often, it's a constant whir that I can't seem to turn off.

c) do you feel confident in whats going on around u in the present?
    I don't usually feel "present" in the present. The subjective nature of the intuition makes it more effective in observing external situations that I'm not emotionally involved in. When it's something I value highly, I lose faith in my ability to accurately interpret actions, events & behaviors.

d) how often would you say you do it?
    I guess I'd say there's a baseline activity all the time. When I can't shut the whirring off, I get anxious and restless, casting about for something to distract me.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

i missed u 2! nooo it isn't fun having life kick ur ass everywhere! i like being able to be P and not have any responsibilities haha 2 jobs? bleh! me no likey :-/ dont work too hard! so r u implying that when we smoke we become our dual? let's wipe out the ganja!
    Considering how pot actually affects the brain, it's unlikely that will do the trick.

Try this: Go in a room where you can turn off the lights so that you can't see anything. And also so that there aren't any external items that can distract you. Then think of some memory that you have, and start thinking what could have done or said differently and what would have happened then, and what you would have done then and so on. That probably gives you the experience of it. Maybe (probably) this isn't so unfamiliar to you really. Well that's not all of it, but I guess the experience of what it's like isn't that different.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@liveandletlive: Regarding your question of how we can live in our heads all the time, think of it this way: let's say you're looking at an object in front of you. If something off to the side moves, you'll still see it in the corner of your eye. So although you're focusing on one particular object, you're still aware, albeit to a lesser extent, of what else is around. For me personally, that's what it's like with my imagination, although my focus is on my imagination, it doesn't mean my senses are completely shut out, especially if it became an emergency situation (e.g. imminently oncoming car). It's almost like having two minds - one mind is on your imagination, your mental images, your inner world, and another mind, albeit to a much lesser extent, is still aware of the outside world. Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I'm explaining it very well.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm not really getting two jobs...and I didn't really mean an INTp, I was just thinking about Ni.

Alright, I was just going to say something but I wanted my facts strait so I did some researching. And now I'm just way too discouraged and don't want to talk about it anymore.

Don't smoke pot.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    here's an excerpt from a college essay i wrote:

The mundane but truthful answer is that I don't completely know why these concepts so unnerve me. In my own subjective view, I have an extremely thorough understanding of the person that I am. I tend to think a lot about a variety of different things. It has occurred to me through the course of this repetitive thinking that I probably do nothing but think more than most people (though of course I have no way of measuring this). Some of the common themes of my thoughts include myself, the situations that surround me, and how I should best respond to those situations, all of which give me a great deal of understanding into the core of my persona.
    The fundamental, underlying problem, I think, is that I don't know how to adequately express my perception of these thoughts and ideas. I am, at heart, a deeply philosophical person, but that nature tends to stay within me and not show itself openly, because it doesn't know how. I have a great deal of difficulty writing about philosophical or abstract topics, mostly because I have a tendency to overly perfect my work; often, I simply erase the whole document, because it doesn't sufficiently reflect my innermost understanding.
    This is the curse which I bear: the curse of internalization. I understand the meaning of life. But I could never explain it.
    i don't know how well this actually answers your question. probably it doesn't at all.

a large part of the problem is that it's impossible to explain one's experiences based on ideas alone. the underlying ideas are fundamental; if communication does not impart them, then the entire meaning is lost. for this reason it's pretty much impossible to explain what i would call a philosophical concept, which, in this context, is extremely broadly defined.
    This is kind of off topic but I i feel like i can relate to that but in a different sort of sense. I think it might be Fi, but I am not sure. Last year I had to write a paper on a book that I really liked. Even though I did really well on the paper I felt like no matter how hard I tried my paper never acurately reflected how I felt and what I thought about the book. This year I wrote a paper about a memorable place that I have visited several times and how it changed. Again, I felt like my paper just couldn't convey all of my feelings about how much i liked the place and how relaxed it made me feel. I also had to write a profile about my friend and it just seemed, no matter what, it couldn't capture all of my thoughts and feelings about my friend. Would you say that might be Fi, a combination of Fi and Ni, or just not IM or type related at all?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mind is my movies, my music, my food, my drink, my alcohol, my sex. In my mind, I can be male or female, young or old, beautiful or hideous. I can have power to destroy words, charm to entice the finest ladies.

Nice one.

Most of the time the world outside my head is totally boring compared to the one inside my head.

The one inside my head is a replacement and improvement of the outside reality.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy89
    This is kind of off topic but I i feel like i can relate to that but in a different sort of sense. I think it might be Fi, but I am not sure. Last year I had to write a paper on a book that I really liked. Even though I did really well on the paper I felt like no matter how hard I tried my paper never acurately reflected how I felt and what I thought about the book. This year I wrote a paper about a memorable place that I have visited several times and how it changed. Again, I felt like my paper just couldn't convey all of my feelings about how much i liked the place and how relaxed it made me feel. I also had to write a profile about my friend and it just seemed, no matter what, it couldn't capture all of my thoughts and feelings about my friend. Would you say that might be Fi, a combination of Fi and Ni, or just not IM or type related at all?
    i think it's mostly Ni related. i don't really understand what Fi has to do with it, although i can understand the sort of introspective capacity that Fi might have that might lead to it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, if that is your essay, it sounds a little pompous... no offense- just trying to help improvement as always
    pompous? how so?

it also may be that this excerpt gives a poor overall grasp of the essay; if you want to see the whole essay, i could pm it to you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, if that is your essay, it sounds a little pompous... no offense- just trying to help improvement as always
    pompous? how so?

it also may be that this excerpt gives a poor overall grasp of the essay; if you want to see the whole essay, i could pm it to you.
    definitely- i'd love to look it over for you. ill look it over and see what sounded pompous and why... i think it just came across that way cuz it was like im special n this theory confirms it...
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pompous? how so?

definitely- i'd love to look it over for you. ill look it over and see what sounded pompous and why... i think it just came across that way cuz it was like im special n this theory confirms it...
    the essay doesn't explicitly have anything to do with socionics at all. i just noticed what i thought was a sort of parallel in it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord

Considering how pot actually affects the brain, it's unlikely that will do the trick.

Try this: Go in a room where you can turn off the lights so that you can't see anything. And also so that there aren't any external items that can distract you. Then think of some memory that you have, and start thinking what could have done or said differently and what would have happened then, and what you would have done then and so on. That probably gives you the experience of it. Maybe (probably) this isn't so unfamiliar to you really. Well that's not all of it, but I guess the experience of what it's like isn't that different.
    awesome description- thanks!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    @liveandletlive: Regarding your question of how we can live in our heads all the time, think of it this way: let's say you're looking at an object in front of you. If something off to the side moves, you'll still see it in the corner of your eye. So although you're focusing on one particular object, you're still aware, albeit to a lesser extent, of what else is around. For me personally, that's what it's like with my imagination, although my focus is on my imagination, it doesn't mean my senses are completely shut out, especially if it became an emergency situation (e.g. imminently oncoming car). It's almost like having two minds - one mind is on your imagination, your mental images, your inner world, and another mind, albeit to a much lesser extent, is still aware of the outside world. Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I'm explaining it very well.
    No, I get it. That kinda also works into the N thread in general discussion about how a lot of people into socionics tend to view N as being superior to S because everyone uses S to know whats going on around them, etc. but with N this is not the case. Obviously I argued that what good is intellect if you can't apply it in the world (S)? Thanks! That's such a crazy concept for me to wrap my head around...
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp