Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hitta's + and - in Speech

First of all, although it was not Hitta who originally conceived of the +/- divisions, he is the first to make the case that we should actually consider them in our analyses, by attesting that the interplay between the + and - function forms is something that is in fact actually happening. That in itself is a contribution.

For many though, it is unclear from the word clusters alone ("risk", "sharp-shifting progression") what is meant by a + vs - division in the context of a given element. This is because the concepts are very intuitive: "risk" is not what we acknowledge as concrete risk, per se, but the very abstraction of the concept of risk as a kind of idea or behavior. The same holds for "sharp-shifting progression": if you don't know what intuitive concept "sharp-shifting progression" is referring to, then you can't know how to identify it in speech or in discussion.

I did some thinking about what these divisions intuitively mean, and I've come up with the following intuitive concepts, which I believe are what hitta really has in mind. Concepts that are particularly illustrative of the element orientation are highlighted in bold.

+Ni: favorable future; long term planning; endurance; fond memories
    -Ni: short term planning; limited time; deadlines; painful memories

+Ne: strong potential, capability; something that is attainable or achievable; fullness
    -Ne: the impossible; inability to acheive something; lacking in potential; emptiness

+Fi: strong liking; a need for something
    -Fi: aversion; irrelevance; unrelatedness

+Se: strength; victory; winning; overcoming; "greater than"
    -Se: failure; weakness; defeat; losing; "lesser than"

+Ti: the top; rising higher; positive cause-effect correlation; alpha status; combination
    -Ti: dissection; the bottom; non-positive correlation; division; differentiation

+Te: even exchange; doing something successfully; getting back more than you put in
    -Te: loss; failure of transfer or exchange; failure to communicate; entrophy

+Si: good looks; peace; harmony
    -Se: disharmony; war; obstruction

+Fe: "happiness"; "contentment"; "healthy mentality"
    -Fe: "improper mentality"; "problems of mentality"; "troubled mentality"

The following are common phrases in which the different element forms can each be perceived as playing key roles.

+Te:
    "I got a great deal", "minimal loss", "a great success", "a meeting of the minds", "We speak the same language", "We understand each other", "I trust you", "I agree with you", "Our profits are up 150% from last year", "We'll be in the black by Xmas", "There are a lot of great deals out there now"

-Te:
    "I stand to lose something from this exchange", "This process is inefficient, I should do something about it", "He cannot inteppret what I am saying correctly", "We are not communicating effectively", "Something is lost in the translation", "betrayal", "I don't trust him", "We couldn't come to an agreement", "I'm ruined"

+Ti:
    "He is higher up than me", "this and this are together responsible for this", "justice", "to each their due"

-Ti:
    "This is caused by this and this", "this reduces to this and this"

+Ni:
    "The future looks bright for him", "We shall live in paradise for ever and ever", "I believe in the future", "Things will get better", "We've got a long road ahead of us"

-Ni:
    We cannot wait any longer", "We have no time", "Let's not look too far ahead", "the future looks grim", "Our past is filled with sorrow", "No one can know the future", "uncertainty", "He faces an uncertain future", "Our future is in doubt", "those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it"

+Ne:
    "ideal", "One day we will have peace and prosperity", "You've got potential", "You can do it", "We can make it happen"

-Ne:
    "This could never happen", "You're living in a dream world", "He doesn't have it in him", "You'll never succeed", "You don't have a prayer", "The box is empty"

+Fe:
    "We have a lot in common", "We are united in common cause", "I could not feel more alive", "upbeat emotions", "happiness", "He is honest and sincere", "He has confidence in himself"

-Fe:
    "He is filled with rage", "The nation is troubled by unrest", "He appears to be mentally ill", "I am dying inside", "The world is at war", "I hate myself"

+Fi:
    "We were made for each other", "I love you", "I want you", "I want to be with you", "I like you a lot", "You are everything I need", "She is wanting him bad", "Ti wants Fe, Fi wants Te", "dual-seeking", "opposites attract", "He is a good man for you"

-Fi:
    "He is not my type", "He is creeping me out", "You don't need someone like him", "He disgusts me", "I don't need this"

+Si:
    "The diamond sparkles in the sunlight", "Your touch is pleasant", "That dress looks good on you", "Your eyes shimmer in the moonlight", "symmetry", "proper alignment", "He is good looking", "the furniture matches the decor", "compatibility", "duality", "good health", "even flow", "peace", "order"

-Si:
    "conflict", "war", "strife", "illness", "disorder", "clash", "incompatibility", "assymetry", "contrast", "discomfort", "We cannot coexist", "It will never work", "They fight like cats and dogs", "This tastes bad"

+Se:
    "He is strong", "You have a strong will", "We are strong enough to win", "I'm ready for anything", "We can do this", "Nothing can stop me now"

-Se:
    "He is weak", "I am weaker than he", "I have little strength left", "We are seperated by many miles", "You can never beat me", "He was old and infirm", "This costs too much", "You are spending too much money", "We don't have enough", "debt"

Obviously there are many, many more examples besides. Like it or not, + vs - exists in our mentality.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Te:
    "I stand to lose something from this exchange", "This process is inefficient, I should do something about it", "He cannot inteppret what I am saying correctly", "We are not communicating effectively", "Something is lost in the translation", "betrayal", "I don't trust him", "We couldn't come to an agreement", "I'm ruined"
    I think I use these quite a lot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@tcaud: You're confusing Positivist/Negativist with Process/Result.

positive + elements are : + + + +
    negative + elements are : + + + +

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...and_negativism
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Left_and_right

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc

Sorry, I don't think I understand you. Could you explain?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg

I'll grant you this:
    +Extraverted Sensing: Sense of possession, acceptance of authority, retaliation, willpower, ability to follow a leader, enjoyment of the thrill of the world, adventure, "wild and crazy" fun, enjoyment of travel, enjoyment of the environment, thrill seeking.

This doesn't seem to conform to George W. Bush's use of Se. In this interview, Bush emphasizes +Se traits, as per the following statement.

Intelligence requires, you know, all kinds of assets to bring information to the President, and I want that intelligence service to be strong, viable, competent, confident, and provide good product to the President so I can make judgment calls.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll grant you this:
    +Extraverted Sensing: Sense of possession, acceptance of authority, retaliation, willpower, ability to follow a leader, enjoyment of the thrill of the world, adventure, "wild and crazy" fun, enjoyment of travel, enjoyment of the environment, thrill seeking.

This doesn't seem to conform to George W. Bush's use of Se. In this interview, Bush emphasizes +Se traits, as per the following statement.

Intelligence requires, you know, all kinds of assets to bring information to the President, and I want that intelligence service to be strong, viable, competent, confident, and provide good product to the President so I can make judgment calls.
    EIE still focus on lack of , and LSE on lack of .

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can see that in what he's saying. Actually, problems of Te have been the dominant plague of his administration. From his distaste for politics (the ultimate Te realm) to the intelligence issues (WMD, uncertainty who has what or is doing what) problems of hard facts are always bearing down on him and the country.

You'd think he'd have more ENTj and ESTj contacts and advisors by which to compensate for his natural weaknesses with Te.

With that positive-negativism thing, are you saying that some of the '+' elements orientatinos focus on positives ("glass half full"), and others on negatives ("glass half empty")?