Thread: Some reasons why I believe I am ENTp me @ university

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some reasons why I believe I am ENTp ... me @ university

Does this sound the least bit like an ENTp to you?

I was always looked at very carefully by my instructors, who became accustomed to expecting some sort of opposing comment or verbal challenge by me during their lectures. I always made sure to read ahead for the material during classtime and to look at what I was learning in as many diffrent ways as I could. I made it a brunt point to obsorb
    as many varying points, even if they conflicted with oneanother, and to bring them right up during class to get some verbal feedback from the instructor about them. Some instructors seemed to express differing feelings as to how this was perceived by them, while some were impressed others were irritated. Of course, that never really stopped me from attempting to put my professor's and instructors on the spot. In fact, I enjoyed put them on the spot and would do it as much as I could.

I remember towards the end of my college day, that there was one psychology class I was having some trouble in that was taught by the head psychology professor. It was a few weeks before the end of the school year, and I needed to get a decent grade in the class so I could graduate on schedule. I walked in, and we talked for a few moments and
    I told him that I really enjoyed his class and that I have had learned alot, and that some of the stuff in class just *clicks* with me and explained some of the thing that I normally think about anyways. Well, I began to tell him that I am not doing very well in the class, Well, he stopped, and said that he felt that I was very intelligent and that I was probably the most unique student I had in the way I process information. He went on to say that I was one of his most unique students in that "I have demonstarted a unique ability to take two totally differing concepts, find their similarities, and conbine them into certain attributions that he has seen no other student do before during his lectures, which he would perceive as a specialized form of abstract intelligence." I got to thinking later what he said and that it was a real conpliment, considering that basically all I did during all of his class periods was interrupt the class with questions and inquiries that were totally intended to place him on the spot and to feed my own curiosity on certain matters.

Sometimes I would go a little far, though. One such way was how I sort of picked on the religious vice president of my university. I made a special point to listen to everything that he said, to see if I agreed of disagreed with it. I remember one time he was giving a bible study and there were like 50 people there. He got to talking about salvation and how we should strictly obey the law. Well, he said a few things I disagreed with, and I wanted to talk with him civally about it later on. So, I invited him over to my dorm room for some discussion about it. On the way there, I told him "you know, I do not believing in losing, right." Well, he gave me this funny look and said "Yeah, well I do not believe in winning." I sort of saw it coming that he would say something like that, so I said to him "I guess that is just too bad, 'cause we are both going to win." He did not really know what to say after that, so we just walked over to my dorm room and we talked for a little while. I think we agreed to disagree or something at the end, but ever since that time we had a little rivalry going where I woould always try to put him on the spot with some question he could not answer or would look foolish answering. I did it a few times, but he was never really successful returning any of it to me. Guess it was not in his nature.

I was always pretty slick with the girls in university. I am not sure why, but I think it was a mixture between the girl's being just either totally naive, inexperienced, or weakminded. In any case, I was an emotionally manipulative bastard. Not only have I always looked down on other men who appear to make an active habit of appearing to *hit on* girls, I have always had this belief that the superiour way is actually getting the girls to want you, to fight over you, and essentially do all of the work for you ... and I got very very good at getting them to do all of the work. Heck, I even made some games out of it ... one game I had was to get a timer and actually emote a new girl into displaying some sort of unquestionable act of sky-high interest within two minutes or something. I got really good at it for a long time. But, I have sort of quit because I have realized that I was really just pushing buttons and there might not really be anything there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Some reasons why I believe I am ENTp ... me @ university

///

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This doesn't really seem like a good way to judge type... you're not really talking about a lot of the things that are realted to type, like you did here:

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...er=asc&start=0

I don't know why you called this thread "Reasons why I believe I'm ENTP", when nothing you said really has to do with being ENTP or not.

EDIT: except for this part, which you've mentioned things like this before, and I said that it really deosn't sound ENTP to me. It actually stinks of Fe and makes me cringe:

I was always pretty slick with the girls in university. I am not sure why, but I think it was a mixture between the girl's being just either totally naive, inexperienced, or weakminded. In any case, I was an emotionally manipulative bastard. Not only have I always looked down on other men who appear to make an active habit of appearing to *hit on* girls, I have always had this belief that the superiour way is actually getting the girls to want you, to fight over you, and essentially do all of the work for you ... and I got very very good at getting them to do all of the work. Heck, I even made some games out of it ... one game I had was to get a timer and actually emote a new girl into displaying some sort of unquestionable act of sky-high interest within two minutes or something. I got really good at it for a long time. But, I have sort of quit because I have realized that I was really just pushing buttons and there might not really be anything there.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from the "slick with girls" bit, the description reminds me of my brother, whom I had already typed as ENTp. However, perhaps that was a side of him I wasn't aware of.

I confess I don't understand something - - if rmcnew has typed himself as ENTp, after what appears to have been a lot of thought, isn't that evidence? I mean, what would be the point of trying to persuade himself that he's an ENTp if he were something else?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't want this to look like attacking again, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    He's been trying hard to prove himself here, if he was wrong all along about his type, he loses credability with what he's worked on, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    That might be a secondary reason, but I think the primary reason would be because his typing himself as an ENTp supports an ideal image of himself that he wishes to preserve.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's trying to prove it to himself and not anybody here.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj
    Hate to put you conspiracy theorist out of buisness, but .... BINGO!!!

Creepy-whitney houston

i dont think ur an entp

Creepy-pokeball

I dont think you can sing =/

Creepy-

aww... i was going to make a witty comment but you beat me to it.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj
    Hate to put you conspiracy theorist out of buisness, but .... BINGO!!!
    When I have my ENTp moments (which is actually fairly common because my is very strong) I notice myself sorta doing the same thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, you said that you were afraid of the opposite sex which doesn't sound like an ethical type, so I'm starting to think that you are probably an INTJ/LII if you're not. That at least makes more sense than ILE.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!