Thread: Invader Zim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Invader Zim

Removed by User Request
    Last edited by DeleteMePLOX; 01-23-2008 at 12:36 PM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with INTj or INTp.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zim seems pretty damn ENTp to me.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passion does NOT make one a feeler.

Okay, I don't know about a lot of the other characters... but...

Dib and Zim are both either INTx or ENTj or MAYBE ENTp...

Gir is an ExFp?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

Not that this has anything to do with the current topic of discussion, but I would argue that overt displays of passion point to extraverted feeling.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Extraverted Thinking. That's pretty much the rational for those being dynamical types.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Invader Zim/Dexter's Laboratory

Dexter and Zim are both clear cut LIIs.

Ego

Are constantly watching the world from afar to understand it, without ever actually joining in to participate in society.

Are very creative, almost every episode deals with a new invention

Super-Ego

- Are adequately polite in the company of strangers so as not to bring attention to themselves

Avoid physical contact at all costs. Dexter avoids physical education by bringing 'Doctor's notes' and even builds a dodgeball battle robot. Zim also avoids direct contact through the use of a mecha. Both are wimps and are scared of bullies.

Super Id

They are always intentionally reclusive, thinking that the world does not care about them as people. They are surprised when people try to get them to relax and have fun.

Obsessed with cleanliness. In one episode Zim buys microscopic binoculars and becomes paranoid and offensive at the sight of millions of germs. Dexter also refrains from taking off his rubber gloves and prefers a spotless workplace.

Id

Do not care about helping others with their logical insights. The only time they discuss this information is with their close circle of confidants.

- Do not care about mysticism or spiritual beliefs. They prefer dealing with the real world and immediate obstacles.

amidoinitrite?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Dexter's LII but I haven't watched much Zim recently to be able to tell. I do recall it being a great show.

EDIT:
    Actually, the cleanliness stuff in your descriptions sounds more ILI.
    INTps also look after their health and can be very captious in these matters. For example, they may wash their hands more often than others do. They pay a lot attention to hygiene and sanitation.
    Compare that to the *INTj uncovered*
    "I think, therefore I am" once said Rene Descartes, clearly delighted about the fact that he can think. But what he really meant was "I stink, therefore I am", since INTjs can often deprive themselves of a good bath and can happily live in a pigsty when nobody watches.
    INTj's try to work on their health through Eatting Right / Excersising more (albeit often unsuccessful), rather than avoiding germs and the like.

So Dexter may be a toss up. I don't know what traits describe him the best.
    Last edited by Crispy; 10-26-2010 at 07:49 PM.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dexter's angry all the time. Wouldn't say he's LII. Maybe LSE. Dee Dee might be SLE.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he might be Serious > Merry too.
    Best guess (Still can't decide xD):
    Dexter: INTx
    Dee Dee: ESFx
    Relationship: Conflictors > Duals

I'll have to find some Zim clips soon.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure of these types guys. When ILIs are obsessively clean it is because it is their Role function. They want to be presentable in front of others. However LIIs are obsessively clean because it is their mobilizing function, they cannot stand the site of uncleanliness.

Dee Dee is definitely ESFP. That explains his negative attitude towards her, her destructive makes his PoLR frightened, it's even in the pilot.

Dexter is generally angry because of suggestive . No-one usually directs positive attention to him. Remember the episode where he was traded with a scientist family? He realized he missed the Fe babying from his mom after being significantly neglected and cold shouldered with .

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that show! "The angry MONKEY!!!!!"
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are all non-essentials to what he's all about. He's all about Te (practical logic). He is angry. And he's not Intuitive. Thus Si.

very creative, almost every episode deals with a new invention
    Nothing that contradicts Si-Creative, btw.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not intuitive? Maybe Zim, barely, but Dexter is a full blown NT.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's just extremely inteligent. That is all.

If he were a NT he'd be more interested in studying and theoretizing. But no, he's all about practical implementation of something what is fully understood by him. ST>NT.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first glance for Dexter I would look at the irrational NTs (ILE or ILI).
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dexter seems LII. What other type would have a secret laboratory in their room? If he were ILI he would most likely live in a library tower above the north pacific.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Yeah he might be Serious > Merry too.
    Best guess (Still can't decide xD):
    Dexter: INTx
    Dee Dee: ESFx
    Relationship: Conflictors > Duals
    Agreed. I haven't watched the show in some years, so I can't narrow it down beyond that, either.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    He's just extremely inteligent. That is all.

If he were a NT he'd be more interested in studying and theoretizing. But no, he's all about practical implementation of something what is fully understood by him. ST>NT.
    Hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he doesn't implement hardly anything. From what I recall all he does is experiment, experiment, experiment; everything he does isn't an application, but a necessary step in discovery. Mostly an N thing, probably.

Also, I see his sister as erratically spontaneous and aggressive and irrational in the traditional sense of the word. Her very purpose in the show was probably to provide a staple 'problem' to give dexter, usually involving her wreaking havoc on his personal world (lab). To spare the rest of the specifics and boring analysis, I will simply say she is SEE.

As for Dexter, he is the most uptight *about to freak out because every little thing isn't where it's supposed to be* guy ever. From what I remember, he is very picky and specific as well. LII would fit, and I guess you could fit ILE to him; however, he is very inwardly focused and doesn't seem to interact with the world that much, so I would rather consider introverted, probably intentionally placed in the show to contrast his sister's hyperactivity and over-extroversion. I also think rationality > irrationality, but I could be persuaded otherwise...

AS FOR ZIM, that show had to be the funniest humor I had access to as a kid. The crap that's on the kid's shows these days makes this show look gold. I couldn't honestly say what type he is, but I can say he was very preoccupied with his personal thoughts of total domination. His ridiculous plans coupled with his misinterpretation of human society (blatant misinterpretation, over complicates simple societal values to the comic extreme) may suggest an N type.