Thread: -

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also notice this:

Alpha NT = taciturn NT
    Gamma NT = narrator NT
    Beta ST = narrator ST
    Delta ST = taciturn ST
    Alpha SF = narrator SF
    Gamma SF = taciturn SF
    Beta NF = taciturn NF
    Delta NF = narrator NF

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taciturn pretty much means "reserved", and narrator "oppinionated".

Taciturn won't assume things, so it will constantly be trying to check wether the specifics of what it deals with are in agreement with the world around it. In conversation it will be asking a LOT of questions.

Narrator does the opposite.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this one IS a bit tricky though.

The way I understand it, Taciturn and Narrator are "manifestations" of Aristocracy/Democracy. Any person has both the Taciturn and Narrator attitudes. What matters is which of the two is manifested in the Static behavior of the person, and which is manifested in the Dynamic behavior of him/her. This is determined by the Aristocracy/Democracy attribute.

Aristocrat: Static Narrator, Dynamic Taciturn
    Democrat: Static Taciturn, Dynamic Narrator

Static Narrator means Concrete Introvert Judgment. This is a value judgment that is proponed with conviction. "How could you ... !", "You should just..." *
    Static Taciturn means Concrete Extrovert Perception. A request for validation of a concept. "Do you mean [this]?", "Could this be the case?"
    Dynamic Narrator means Concrete Introvert Perception. A description of an occurance from the first person view. "I was like ... !", "You know, whenever [this] happens..."
    Dynamic Taciturn means Concrete Extrovert Judgment. A request for factual data; for specific judgments. "Do you want coffee?"

* this one is actually much milder in real life; not easy to describe... It assumes that everyone agrees that a certain thing is good or bad. Talking about how something "sucks" goes in this catagory.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't I let you in on how complicated this really is....

None of what I wrote above actually "works" when you try to apply it on people, because for it to work you'd have to take Master and Slave types in account.

To give an example, socionics defines me as an INTj, taciturn type... however, in conversation, the things I say specifically are always of a highly oppinionated nature. This is because I am an ENFp Aristocrat-Narrator on the Slave level.

I have responded in a typically negative-aristocrat-narrator way both to a post made by Jonathan and Dee just hours ago.

As such, my attitude is to be described as "democrat-taciturn overlooking aristocrat-narrator". Every person has two of these attitudes, one overlooking the other.

-- my informed oppinion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Master/slave? Are you talking about Nietzsche?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. I'm taking about Gulenko's "16 subtypes". A theory that postulates that every person has two types instead of one.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't Taciturn and Narrator simply other words for Asking and Declaring?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why not use Asking and Declaring instead?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same case with Aristocracy and Democracy. By definition, most who live in a democratic society and who are not aristocrats, or who think aristocracy carries some negative connotations, would not want to be Aristocratic. However, this is beside the point. They're just names.