Thread: answer these questions

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default answer these questions

these are the test questions from the highly publicized easyTIM 0.1.6 test whose thread has recently been resurrected.

spurred on by this event, i may attempt to make a more comprehensive test in the eventual future, written in java. i'm not sure exactly how it's going to work.

i don't think that tests are completely useless (look at dmitri's old test, which is pretty comprehensive. tests should not be taken to be prophecies, but in general they may tend to point in the right direction.

anyway, i need test questions. one of the major problems with the 0.1.6 and 0.1.7 tests was that the questions were very unbalanced. there were questions addressing all the IM elements, but as it happened there were simply more points available to the ILI, LII, LIE answers than to SEI, ESI, EII, etc. of course, there were also some problems with the questions (there always will be).

anyway, for now i'm just going to copy the questions from the old one and ask for feedback so i can fine tune them. if this project goes through i will develop more questions. (ignore the syntax)

You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you.
    You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive.
    You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.'
    You often lack initiative.
    It's difficult for you to think without talking about your thoughts.
    <question deleted>
    You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself.
    You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person.
    The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you.
    You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things.
    You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense.
    You are an idealistic person.
    You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future.
    You are a practical, and realistic person.
    You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life.
    You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so.
    You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application.
    You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions.
    You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments.
    You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people.
    You are a sociable person.
    <question deleted>
    You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health.
    You strive to make your surroundings comfortable.
    You can easily solve complex problems by taking a systematic approach.
    You can take care of your own finances.
    You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual.
    You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily.
    You frequently act according to your impulses.
    You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. (question requires reworking)
    You are able to relax easily.
    Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much .
    You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not.
    You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper).
    You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: answer these questions

You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you. SOMETIMES
    You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive. YES
    You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.' YES
    You often lack initiative. YES, SOMETIMES, SOMETIMES NOT...DEPENDS ON WHAT IT'S INITIATIVE TO DO
    It's difficult for you to think without talking about your thoughts. YES, IF I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING....YOU MEAN THINKING IS LIKE TALKING INTERNALLY?
    <question deleted> YES, DELETED!
    You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself. NO, UNLESS IT'S PART OF A LONG-STRATEGY TO HAVE MORE FREEDOM OR USE MY TALENTS BETTER.
    You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person. NO, PROBABLY NOT
    The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you. IT'S NOT USUALLY DISCORDANT, BUT IF THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH SOMEBODY I TRY TO SOLVE IT
    You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things. YES
    You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense. NOT SURE, SOMETIMES. I OFTEN REFER TO HYPOTHETICALS
    You are an idealistic person. YES, I GUESS, ACCORDING TO SOME DEFINITIONS
    You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future. I DON'T REALLY THINK ANYBODY CAN, BUT I'VE SOMETIMES FANTISIZED BEING ABLE TO DO SO
    You are a practical, and realistic person. NO, EXCEPT THAT IN CERTAIN FIELDS OF EXPERTISE I HAVE A GOOD SENSE OF A REALISTIC WAY TO PROCEED
    You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life. YES
    You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so. YES, AMONG CLOSE RELATIONSHIPS, BUT IT'S NOT TYPICALLY MY ROLE IN GROUP SETTINGS
    You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application. NO
    You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions. THAT'S ACTUALLY VERY RELATIVE. MOST PEOPLE HAVE MADE SOME BAD DECISIONS. IF I DO THE WRONG THING, I CERTAINLY UNDERSTAND IT AFTER THE FACT. I DON'T THINK OTHER PEOPLE WOULD CONSIDER ME RECKLESS BECAUSE I TEND TO THINK A LOT BEFORE ACTING IF I ACT AT ALL.
    You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments. NO
    You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people. I THINK SO, BUT IT REALLY DEPENDS ON THE PEOPLE. NOT ALL PEOPLE ACCEPT ME EQUALLY.
    You are a sociable person. MOSTLY NO BECAUSE I TEND TO SPEND MOST OF TIME BY MYSELF, AND I OFTEN SEEM SHY IN GROUP SETTINGS, UNLESS IT'S A WORK SETTING, IN WHICH CASE I PROBABLY SEEM FOCUSED ON BUSINESS RATHER THAN SMALL TALK
    <question deleted> YES!
    You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health. NOT REALLY, I TRY TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MYSELF, BUT I DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TIME TO DO SO.
    You strive to make your surroundings comfortable. REASONABLE SO...IT MUST BE QUIET AND THE RIGHT TEMPERATURE.
    You can easily solve complex problems by taking a systematic approach. YES
    You can take care of your own finances. YES, ALTHOUGH I DO OFTEN LET DETAILS SLIP BY
    You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual. NOT REALLY.
    You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily. YES
    You frequently act according to your impulses. YES
    You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. (question requires reworking) YES
    You are able to relax easily. YES
    Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much . I THINK THAT'S PARTLY RIGHT...I'M PRETTY STEADY ON THE EMOTIONAL FRONT, IF I'M AWARE OF IT. HOWEVER, MY IDEAS ABOUT THINGS ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING AND EVOLVING. I SUPPOSE THERE ARE SOME CORE THINGS THAT REMAIN STEADY THOUGH....SO I GUESS YES OVERALL.
    You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not. NOT AT ALL.
    You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper). NO, BUT SOMETIMES I MUST FOR WORK. PROBABLY SHOULD DO IT MORE, BUT I'D RATHER JUST TAKE MOST THINGS AS THEY COME. SOME THINGS HAVE TO BE PLANNED THOUGH.
    You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them. NO, BUT SOMETIMES I MUST FOR WORK.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought that don't really like test Niffweed (or no longer interested wasting time in such things at least).
    Yes, we need more points to SEI, ESI, etc. Because i still remember when i got LII/ILI first place.

You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you. ------- Yes
    You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive.----- Yes
    You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.' ---- Yes
    You often lack initiative. ---- Overall, yes.
    It's difficult for you to think without talking about your thoughts. --- Yes, absolutely.
    <question deleted>
    You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself. --- I like to take my own responsabilities, not when other give them to me.
    You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person. --- not at all.
    The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you. --- Not at all.
    You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things. --- Yes.
    You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense. --- Yes, generally.
    You are an idealistic person. --- Yes, somehow.
    You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future. --- I like to predict.
    You are a practical, and realistic person. --- No at all
    You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life. --- No, sometimes i take things more seriously than they are.
    You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so. --- Yes.
    You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application. --- Depend if the theory it is interesting.
    You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions. --- Yes.
    You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments. --- Hell yes.
    You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people. --- No at all. it depends on with whom I am.
    You are a sociable person. --- Not at all. Depend of my mood again.
    You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health. --- Hell, yes.
    You strive to make your surroundings comfortable. --- Yes.
    You can easily solve complex problems by taking a systematic approach. --- I like to make systematic approach.
    You can take care of your own finances. --- No.
    You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual. --- Not at all.
    You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily. --- Not at all.
    You frequently act according to your impulses. --- Generally, yes.
    You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. (question requires reworking) --- Yes.
    You are able to relax easily. --- Not at all.
    Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much . --- I am very obstinate. But, when i realize that i wrong with that i can change my opinion.
    You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not. --- Somehow, yes.
    You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper). --- Yes.
    You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them. --- Not at all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you. Sometimes.
    You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive. Yes.
    You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.' Yes.
    You often lack initiative. Yes.
    It's difficult for you to think without talking about your thoughts. No.
    You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself. No.
    You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person. No.
    The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you. Yes.
    You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things. No.
    You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense. Yes.
    You are an idealistic person. Yes.
    You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future. Yes.
    You are a practical, and realistic person. No.
    You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life. Yes.
    You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so. No.
    You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application. No.
    You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions. No.
    You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments. No.
    You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people. No.
    You are a sociable person. Sometimes.
    You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health. No.
    You strive to make your surroundings comfortable. Yes.
    You can easily solve complex problems by taking a systematic approach. Yes.
    You can take care of your own finances. Yes.
    You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual. Yes.
    You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily. Yes.
    You frequently act according to your impulses. Yes.
    You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. (question requires reworking) Yes.
    You are able to relax easily. Yes.
    Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much. Yes.
    You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not. Yes.
    You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper). No.
    You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them. No.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    i thought that don't really like test Niffweed (or no longer interested wasting time in such things at least).
    imo tests are not an effective method of definitively determining one's type, but they can point in the right direction.

honestly, this is as much a programming project than a serious attempt to create the best test ever designed.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by normal
    imo tests are not an effective method of definitively determining one's type, but they can point in the right direction.

honestly, this is as much a programming project than a serious attempt to create the best test ever designed.
    Great, i think the same. As a programming project is fine too. Good luck!

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I write java classes.

Do you focus more on the present than the past?

^Best Question Ever^
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you. No
    You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive. No
    You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.' No
    You often lack initiative. No
    It's difficult for you to think without talking about your thoughts. Yes
    <question deleted>
    You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself. Yes
    You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person. Yes
    The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you. No
    You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things. Yes
    You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense. Yes
    You are an idealistic person. No
    You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future. Yes
    You are a practical, and realistic person. Depends on which side of life
    You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life. Yes?
    You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so. Sometimes?
    You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application. Yes
    You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions. Yes
    You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments. No
    You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people. Don't know
    You are a sociable person. Yes
    <question deleted>
    You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health. No
    You strive to make your surroundings comfortable. No
    You can easily solve complex problems by taking a systematic approach. Yes
    You can take care of your own finances. Yes
    You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual. Depends..
    You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily. Not particularly
    You frequently act according to your impulses. Yes
    You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. (question requires reworking) Yes
    You are able to relax easily. Depends...
    Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much. No
    You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not. No
    You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper). Actually yes
    You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them. No
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you. No.
    • You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive. Yes.
    • You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.' No.
    • You often lack initiative. Yes.

I'm not certain I understand this question very much. Do you mean talking out loud or just talking in head? I wouldn't say it's more difficult to think without talking but it most certainly is easier for me to think when I am talking my thoughts, whether out loud or in my head. I'm very much of an orator. Perhaps rephrasing the question as "It's easier for you to think while verbalizing your thoughts. "
    • You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself. No.
    • You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person. No.
    • The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you. No.
    • You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things. Not up to me to judge. Sometimes I construct mental images.
    • You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense. Never looked into it/noticed a difference. Wouldn't know.
    • You are an idealistic person. No.
    • You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future.

Foresee, anticipate, perhaps to a degree, but predict no. I'm not psychic. Also perhaps if you rephrased the question "You have a tendency to try to foresee, anticipate and predict the future.". But either way, I don't concern myself with the future much. I have a very general outline of desires, nothing concrete.
    • You are a practical, and realistic person. Yes and no. Depending on the situation. As a rule no, in general yes.
    • You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life. Yes.
    • You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so. I can but I never set out to change anyones mood. I only read the subtle clues they send out which tell me whether they want to have their mood altered or not and in which way. So I do it as a service, I don't enjoy or not enjoy it.
    • You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application. No.
    • You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions. No. The exact opposite.
    • You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments. No.
    • You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people. Yes.
    • You are a sociable person. Yes.
    • You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health. No and yes. I don't have difficulties but I do require assistance in taking care of my physical health.
    • You strive to make your surroundings comfortable. Very much yes. I cannot function unless the conditions are proper. Mental or physical.
    • You can easily solve complex problems by taking a systematic approach. Yes.
    • You can take care of your own finances. Not sure. For now, thank good, that is not required of me so I have no idea. I'll worry about that when the time comes.
    • You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual. No.
    • You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily. Not really. I need to be prepared for things. Have the right conditions.
    • You frequently act according to your impulses. No. Exact opposite.
    • You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. Don't know. Never tried.
    • You are able to relax easily. Yes.
    • Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much . Yes.
    • You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not. Yes.
    • You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper). Yes.
    • You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them. Yes and no. I have general ideas of what I wish to accomplish and rank them in terms of priority and importance. Like for example I'll say "tomorrow I start learning" (I'm in college) but unless pressured by deadlines I almost never do. So regularly I do set goals for myself but most carry little to no weight and I end up deviating from them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you. NO
    You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive. SOMEWHAT
    You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.' NO
    You often lack initiative. VERY RARELY
    It's difficult for you to think without talking about your thoughts. NO
    <question deleted>
    You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself. YES
    You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person. YES
    The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you. YES
    You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things. OFTEN
    You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS
    You are an idealistic person. NOT REALLY
    You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future. RARELY IF EVER
    You are a practical, and realistic person. YES
    You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life. OFTEN
    You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so. VERY OCCASIONALLY
    You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application. YES
    You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions. OFTEN
    You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments. NEVER
    You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people. RARELY IF EVER
    You are a sociable person. YES
    <question deleted>
    You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health. NO
    You strive to make your surroundings comfortable. YES
    You can easily solve complex problems by taking a systematic approach. YES
    You can take care of your own finances. YES
    You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual. YES
    You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily. NOT REALLY
    You frequently act according to your impulses. NO
    You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. (question requires reworking) NO, AND I AGREE THAT A REWORK IS REQUIRED
    You are able to relax easily. SOMETIMES
    Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much . MOSTLY YES
    You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not. NO
    You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper). YES
    You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them. YES

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't like the question 'You are a sociable person.' because I don't know if that means 'Do you seek out the company of others?', 'do you enjoy the company of others?', or 'can you act sociably in a group situation'?

'You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health.'
    Maybe 'desire' would be better than 'require'?

'You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so.'
    I am a grim pessimist, and I tend to lighten the mood by talking rather darkly, causing other people to counter-act - I don't know if this question is O.K.?

'You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things.'
    I'm not really at all creative in any meaningful sense (I might be in my head ), but I do frequently construct mental images of things - it might be a good idea to split the question, or define 'creative' in some way.

'You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people.'
    I don't easily connect with people 'in the field', but I do see common idealised human traits in all people - I can occasionally be warm and empathetic, but in rather a detached way - i.e. I might parody human traits and behaviour etc., while not actually revealing anything at all about myself. That results in bizarre contrasts from situation to situation, i.e. I might get on well with complete strangers, but be completely silent and 'cold' amongst aqquaintances - so I would say no to this question, even though I would like to say 'yes', or at least 'occasionally' - I don't know how that question could be better defined though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you.
    You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive.
    You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.'
    You often lack initiative.
    <question deleted>
    You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself.
    You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person.
    The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you.
    You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things.
    You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense.
    You are an idealistic person.
    You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future.
    You are a practical, and realistic person.
    You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life.
    You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application.
    You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions.
    You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments.
    <question deleted>
    You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health.
    You strive to make your surroundings comfortable.
    You can take care of your own finances.
    You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual.
    You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily.
    You frequently act according to your impulses.
    You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. (question requires reworking)
    You are able to relax easily.
    Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much .
    You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not.
    You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper).
    You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them.
    does bold mean yes or no?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you. unfortunately, yes

You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive. I am shy. I'm mixed on the passive thing

You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.' definitely yes

You often lack initiative. it often depends on what needs to be done. However, when with my family/friends, I'm often the one having to initiate things. Basically, it's easier for me to initiate when family/friends are involved….or it's a strong interest of mine.

It's difficult for you to think without talking about your thoughts. I most often don't know what I'm thinking until I say it. And I process information easier if I think/converse out loud with someone else. Even better if I'm able to move my hands around and am free to express even the "bad" thoughts that many people prefer to pretend don't exist

<question deleted>

You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself. this statement confuses me. One interpretation has me thinking: I prefer to avoid responsibilities, and avoid taking on new ones. But another interpretation has me thinking: I often immediately feel responsible if someone comes to me with a problem of theirs. I feel as if I have to help them in some way. Even in rpg games I wind up taking a protective role in helping an npc with a problem they're having….even if I'm trying to play a carefree or neutral character.

You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person. never was industrious. Not so much energetic/active since moving to this itty-bitty area (age hasn't helped much either..grrr)

The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you. I very much dislike discordance in my relationships with family/friends. I more often seek to recover the relationship, but sometimes it just has to end… for one or both our sakes.

You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things. imaginative yes. I never claim creativity but am often told by others that what I do IS creative. Any mental images are very vague.

You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense. hmm, I don't think I can answer this one. I'm generally very hesitant to state something IS, and so will often add conditionals to my words. But I also will give descriptions of past things in a present tense.

You are an idealistic person. isn't everyone??

You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future. only when I'm really really pissed off at a person can I see how their actions/responses will lead to a particular downfall of theirs, otherwise it's generally just a "could happen" kind of thing

You are a practical, and realistic person. pfft, I wish; though compared to some of my friends, I am..but I think it has more to do with being more reasonable than them.

You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life. yes, I think

You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so. only by trying to show through humorous comments that there are other ways of viewing the situation

You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application. theory is generally only worthy of my energy if it leads to practical application, or to help me better understand some aspect of what I want to do

You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions. unfortunately, yes. However, not nearly as bad about this nowadays as I used to be

You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments. yes. But making good judgments has become easier since learning to take those emotions into consideration

You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people. yes

You are a sociable person. *sigh* I hate people in general, and yet, I can't stay away.

<question deleted>

You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health. huh? I'm not in a wheelchair!!

You strive to make your surroundings comfortable. I love comfy surroundings. I just suck at making them comfy myself

no. Unfortunately, I tend to solve complex problems via trial and error method

You can take care of your own finances. lol, now I can…sorta

You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual. no

You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily. some types of things I can, some I can't

You frequently act according to your impulses. definitely

You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. not all, but I get ideas on various outcomes that COULD come about(question requires reworking)

You are able to relax easily. yes..and no. Physically I can relax easily, mentally no

Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much. roflmao *wipes tear from eyes while still laughing* depends on the opinion. I used to change at the drop of a pin. But nowadays I only hold opinions on certain things, and those don't change much anymore. Emotions are by nature a changing thing.

You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not. I wouldn't say "elitist", but yeah, unfortunately I believe myself smarter in some things (particularly about people) than most other people.

You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper). I constantly make plans on paper, but never carefully nor meticulously, nor on one subject for a lengthy amount of time…and I pretty much never follow through, lol

You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them. I do regularly set goals for myself, and I always deviate from them
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't particularly like being noticed, unless it's by very special people - but I do tend to feel nobody is interested by me. I'd rather feel that people get me completely rather than they are only partly interested in me
    You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive.no
    You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.'yes
    You often lack initiative.yes
    It's difficult for you to think without talking about your thoughts.I think all the time about practically everything, so no - but I would like to talk about basically all of my thoughts, in order that they are not lost
    <question deleted>
    You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself.no - I tend to prefer a collective responsibility, or nothing at all - I don't feel like being obliged to do something, because I like to do things seemingly out of genuine kindness
    You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person.no
    The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you.yes
    You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things. - yes
    You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense.yes
    You are an idealistic person.yes
    You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future.I can't really predict the future, but I can prepare myself by having measures\guidelines that I can follow in an emergency
    You are a practical, and realistic person.Not really - I tend to suggest something as a possibility, and suggest criteria by which it might be consider practical, but I can't really assess the practicality of something by myself
    You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life.yes
    You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application.no
    You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions.no
    You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments.In general, no...amongst people, I try to mediate and compromise - but I guess that's other people's emotions rather than mine, though I feel affected by it
    You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health.yes
    You strive to make your surroundings comfortable.this isn't something I think about on a daily basis...I kinda forget
    You can easily solve complex problems by taking a systematic approach.yes
    You can take care of your own finances.yes
    You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual.people call me pragmatic, but that is because I consider many perspectives\viewpoints etc., and seemingly give equal weight in discussing them rather than being biased to one idea (but not in the conclusion) - but I am always highly speculative, so I don't really know
    You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily.I don't like doing things on the fly, but I have an 'adapt or fail' strategym - I expect that my initial approach may have to change
    You frequently act according to your impulses.yes
    You are able to relax easily.I able to relax with no problem, but I can't turn off my brain and I feel guilty about wasting time
    Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much.not really
    You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not.no
    You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper).I have an outline of what I want to do, but never detailed - I sort out the details as I get to each stage
    You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them.no

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You tend to fear of being unnoticed, and to feel that nobody is interested by you. yes
    You're not really shy, but you tend to be passive. I am shy, but not passive
    You tend to be 'head-in-the-clouds.' yes
    You often lack initiative. Sometimes, but not often. It really depends.
    It's difficult for you to think without talking about your thoughts. I don't know if it's difficult to think without talking, but it's easier to formulate my thoughts in a coherent way when I can bounce them off someone (preferably a Te type)
    <question deleted>
    You naturally and instinctively take responsibilities upon yourself. Yes and I hate it because at the same time it restricts my freedom. But I think in my case it has reasons other than type.
    You are a highly energetic, active, and industrious person. When I am excited about something, yes. But that can really vary.
    The discordant state of your relationships with colleagues and friends is a cause of concern to you. YES
    You're very imaginative and creative, and you frequently construct mental images of things. Yes
    You tend to speak in the conditional tense rather than the present or past tense. I don't think so
    You are an idealistic person. Yes
    You can foresee, anticipate and predict the future. I imagine and anticipate the future and sometimes I have weird intuitions, but generally I don't think that this is a a typical characteristic of mine. I am more about what could happen when abc happens. Heck, I really don't know how to answer this.
    You are a practical, and realistic person. I can very well be when I have to, but onle then.
    You can easily take pleasure in the simple things in life. Not easily, but I remind myself to do that.
    You can brighten the mood of those around you and enjoy doing so. I can, but it's not my first priority.
    You're tend to be very practical, and you are bored by theory with no apparent application. Interestingly enough, I am not always practical, but a definite yes on the second half. How pointless
    You often do foolish and reckless things and have a poor understanding of the consequences of your actions. Yes, but not because I have a poor understanding, but because I am impulsive and an idiot. I just don't consider the consequenes at all
    You tend to find it difficult to separate your emotions from your judgments. Yes
    You are warm, empathetic and can easily connect with people. Yes, but only if they let me.
    You are a sociable person. I go through phases, but geneally yes.
    <question deleted>
    You frequently have difficulties and require assistance in taking care of your physical health. I am pretty aware, but I don't mind having someone who helps with the follow-through
    You strive to make your surroundings comfortable. Yes, but I get distracted. I like having someone who takes care of it.
    You can easily solve complex problems by taking a systematic approach. Yes, but only when it's a problenm that's related to real life and real people. In the abstract (as in math, etc), I don't even want to bother unless the outcome is of great interest to me.
    You can take care of your own finances. Yes
    You consider yourself a highly pragmatic individual. No, not naturally
    You are very flexible and can take things as they come easily. Yes
    You frequently act according to your impulses. Yes, dammit...
    You can easily envision all of the possible outcomes of a situation. (question requires reworking) Yes, I think so
    You are able to relax easily. No
    Your emotions and opinions tend not to change very much . No, lol. They change every 5 minutes or so...
    You tend to be an elitist. You think that you're smarter or are a better person than most other people, whether justified or not. Sometimes, but it feels icky. Still, it certainly happens
    You carefully and meticulously plan most or all of your actions (not necessarily on paper). No, never.
    You regularly set goals for yourself and do not deviate from them. No
    [/quote]
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin