Thread: quadra similarities

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default quadra similarities

Which quadra do you tend to think of yours as most similar to? (Obviously this is a question about perception.)

I think of Gamma as being most similar to Delta.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of Alpha as being most similar to Delta as well.
    Suomea

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly, I think of Beta as being most similar to Gamma. Alpha I'm not sure about.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of Gamma being the most similiar to delta.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first impression is that Beta and Gamma are similar. Alpha and Delta are similar. Then again I do remember many occasions where Delta and Alpha differences have come into play. Alpha person being all enthusiastic about some wacko idea and Delta person more or less ridiculing that. Deltas are way more down to earth and into less ambitious and more practical ideas.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I find opposing quadras easiest to compare with eachother, and thus intutively most similar. Between Alpha and Gamma it is very easy to link every type to a counterpart-type and to just consider them eachothers inverse.

On top of that, opposing quadras contain the types that have Process/Result, Democracy/Aristocracy AND Rational/Irrational in common: super-ego's and contraries. Despite that these types are in conflict with eachother, they tend to communicate directly and smoothly because of this.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar in what ways? People's behavior? Their lifestyles? General demeanor?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I switch between the Te-Fi/Fe-Ti and Se-Ni/Ne-Si groupings depending on what I'm talking about. I think the former is generally a stronger divider than the latter.
    It has to be. Socionics is a theory about people and Fe/Fi, as ethics, have the most to do with how people interact.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is interesting.

Those who say Alpha and Delta are closer are probably thinking about the Ne/Si preference. The same goes for Beta and Gamma with their Se/Ni preference. Those who believe Alpha and Beta are closer are probably going off the Fe/Ti preference, and Gamma and Delta's Te/Fi preference. Those who believe Alpha and Gamma or Beta and Delta are closest I can't understand. They're opposing quadras (Fe/Ti, Ne/Si and Te/Fi, Se/Ni respectively for Alpha/Gamma and Fe/Ti, Se/Ni and Te/Fi, Ne/Si respectively for Beta/Delta).

I think in order of those quadras closest to my own preference, I'd like to say:

Delta
    Gamma
    Beta
    Alpha

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    This is interesting.

Those who say Alpha and Delta are closer are probably thinking about the Ne/Si preference. The same goes for Beta and Gamma with their Se/Ni preference. Those who believe Alpha and Beta are closer are probably going off the Fe/Ti preference, and Gamma and Delta's Te/Fi preference. Those who believe Alpha and Gamma or Beta and Delta are closest I can't understand. They're opposing quadras (Fe/Ti, Ne/Si and Te/Fi, Se/Ni respectively for Alpha/Gamma and Fe/Ti, Se/Ni and Te/Fi, Ne/Si respectively for Beta/Delta).
    I think opposing quadras can seem superficially similar (they're full of quasi-identicals, right?)... though I think Beta/Delta are more "similar", or at least they are more inclined to think that they are similar.
    Good point. That's why I am still in conflict with Beta and Delta STs, and which is closer to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    betas are like those guys who are like robots meeting, going to the command centre, discussing the situation and parting, whereas delta is like a home where everyone knows each other, doesn't take things too seriously, but at the same time sticks to the routine and is responsible enough to implement the role assigned with positive results. (extracting from an old war film recently seen)
    Where did you get that idea?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    betas are like those guys who are like robots meeting, going to the command centre, discussing the situation and parting, whereas delta is like a home where everyone knows each other, doesn't take things too seriously, but at the same time sticks to the routine and is responsible enough to implement the role assigned with positive results. (extracting from an old war film recently seen)
    Where did you get that idea?
    He got it from the mechanical, "one-way only way" attitude of most Betas. Get the job done first kind of people.

While as deltas can loosen up a bit, but still have that drive "if something needs to be done, we ought to get serious about it."

That's just my view of the beta-delta relationship.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What movie was this? Sounds kind of interesting.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alpha/beta: younger

gamma/delta: older

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often