Thread: Double check

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Double check

I'd like to put myself up for scrutiny, just to be sure my self-identification as ILI holds up under outside examination. I don't want to waste time blabbering about the mundane details of my life... so annoying... If you were all robots, I'd use one of you to create a fictional situation to place myself into, then proceed to detail the possible ways in ways I might act therein. Any volunteers? Oh, and if you all tell me I'm LII, I am doomed, for then I shall know my fate; to die of self-boredom. I'm kidding. kinda.
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if you know the types of the people that are close to you, friends, colleageu etc.

You could see if your relationship with them fits the descriptions.

Then you'll be able to confirm your type.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, spend some more time here, and you'll naturally make an impression. Look at me; it took me just three months for many to have a firm type for me in their minds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly plan on sticking around. Do I know the types of my family, friends? Doubtful. I get definite vibes but I haven't been in Socionics long enough to to confidently attach IM elements tto particular vibes. So the mental "people files" in my head are pretty much a list of possibles and definitely-nots; the type for my best friend has flickered between LSI, LSE, SLI, LIE, and less frequently ESI, but it keeps drifting back to LSI every time. The problem is just that he seems too go-with-the-flow at times to be a rational, yet he's not really a huge sensory-seeker like SLI. He does, however, get very distracted by things in the environment. TV on? He's gone. I talk to him about Socionics constantly, speculating on whether a certain behavior he observed in someone could be related to Te or Ni, Ne or Ti, and how if this, then the core motive was that, and if I could just get a fix on it, then certain things could reliably be predicted on a short-to-long term basis. I notice he's looking off, so I say, "What are you thinking?" And he says, "It's so sad." I'm like, "What the heck?" and he's like, "That milk pie. it's just been sitting in your fridge, allll this time... waiting to be eaten... " He knows more about my kitchen even than my cousins, I'm sure. i just knoww there might or might not be Ravioli in the pantry. ::chuckle::

My brother flows between SLI, SEI, and less frequently SEE, SLE, and LSE. with sLI and SEi tied. despite the fact that he can really raise hell if someone gives him the energy,... Okay, come to think of it, he rarely displays any Fe, more often he will use Fi. He needs to be aroundd people. No people = major depression. only thing keeping me from dubbing him SEE is the fact that he can't generate the energy himself -- he needs to be wound up. We rarely have any conflicts. It's not like duality or anything, never had that, it's more like mutual adaption. We've grown sso we can just take each other's behavior in stride, usually. When we do have run-ins, it's usually beecause i think he's being too simple, or he thinks I'm being impractical oor unconventional. LOL, we each refer to the other's fallacities as "stop being stupid".

Feedback?

ILI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Also, spend some more time here, and you'll naturally make an impression. Look at me; it took me just three months for many to have a firm type for me in their minds.
    that isn't true. it took three months for YOU to finally realize what your type was.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, i will say that everything i can see in this thread seems to support ILI. this is not even close to sufficient information to say anything definitive, and i'd like to hear some "mundane details" for confirmation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, hello, Niff. Changed your attitude yet? Sleep well, at least?

ILI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clearly your problem is that you don't drink enough diet mountain dew. if you drank more diet mountain dew perhaps you would achieve enlightenment.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    clearly your problem is that you don't drink enough diet mountain dew. if you drank more diet mountain dew perhaps you would achieve enlightenment.
    diet soda is for pussies

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    diet soda is for pussies
    do you have a better explanation?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn
    I certainly plan on sticking around. Do I know the types of my family, friends? Doubtful. I get definite vibes but I haven't been in Socionics long enough to to confidently attach IM elements tto particular vibes. So the mental "people files" in my head are pretty much a list of possibles and definitely-nots; the type for my best friend has flickered between LSI, LSE, SLI, LIE, and less frequently ESI, but it keeps drifting back to LSI every time. The problem is just that he seems too go-with-the-flow at times to be a rational, yet he's not really a huge sensory-seeker like SLI. He does, however, get very distracted by things in the environment. TV on? He's gone. I talk to him about Socionics constantly, speculating on whether a certain behavior he observed in someone could be related to Te or Ni, Ne or Ti, and how if this, then the core motive was that, and if I could just get a fix on it, then certain things could reliably be predicted on a short-to-long term basis. I notice he's looking off, so I say, "What are you thinking?" And he says, "It's so sad." I'm like, "What the heck?" and he's like, "That milk pie. it's just been sitting in your fridge, allll this time... waiting to be eaten... " He knows more about my kitchen even than my cousins, I'm sure. i just knoww there might or might not be Ravioli in the pantry. ::chuckle::
    That means he's not interested in you and your musings.

My brother flows between SLI, SEI, and less frequently SEE, SLE, and LSE. with sLI and SEi tied. despite the fact that he can really raise hell if someone gives him the energy,... Okay, come to think of it, he rarely displays any Fe, more often he will use Fi. He needs to be aroundd people. No people = major depression. only thing keeping me from dubbing him SEE is the fact that he can't generate the energy himself -- he needs to be wound up. We rarely have any conflicts. It's not like duality or anything, never had that, it's more like mutual adaption. We've grown sso we can just take each other's behavior in stride, usually. When we do have run-ins, it's usually beecause i think he's being too simple, or he thinks I'm being impractical oor unconventional. LOL, we each refer to the other's fallacities as "stop being stupid".
    Right, quadra value time: does your brother value Te/Fi or Fe/Ti more?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    that isn't true. it took three months for YOU to finally realize what your type was.
    Okay, it took even less time for people to realise that they were completely wrong about EIE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll respond to Ezra later.

In the meantime, I'll post random things I say.

I don't adhere to that kind of idealism. The fact is, you can probe. Everything you do and don't do, down to the way you walk and that sentence you leave out, says something. Just the fact that you you are trying to throw off my perceptions implies ten littlle things about you in general that you don't realize you gave off. Even had you said nothing, this still says much. The only originality in a person is that they are a different mix of the same old things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Waldo Emerson
    What you are thunders so loudly that I cannot hear what you say to the contrary.

ILI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting an ESE vibe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?

::looks around at room. See piles of clothes on floor and bed. Bed is not made. Cot hangers, bags, and books also decorate the floor.::

::considers self. Barefoot. Shirtless. Unshaven. Nails need trimmed. will showeer later::

Some ESE.

Neglecting to wear a coat, or even a sweater, is not stupid. It's endurance training.

ILI

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    diet soda is for pussies
    do you have a better explanation?
    do I really need one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. He won't care. Though i say he needs to stop with the stuff. Personally, I find my manliness enhanced by continual consumption of orange juice.

ILI