Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Double check

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Double check

    I'd like to put myself up for scrutiny, just to be sure my self-identification as ILI holds up under outside examination. I don't want to waste time blabbering about the mundane details of my life... so annoying... If you were all robots, I'd use one of you to create a fictional situation to place myself into, then proceed to detail the possible ways in ways I might act therein. Any volunteers? Oh, and if you all tell me I'm LII, I am doomed, for then I shall know my fate; to die of self-boredom. I'm kidding. kinda.
    And this, too, shall pass away.


    ILI

  2. #2
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know if you know the types of the people that are close to you, friends, colleageu etc.

    You could see if your relationship with them fits the descriptions.

    Then you'll be able to confirm your type.

  3. #3
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also, spend some more time here, and you'll naturally make an impression. Look at me; it took me just three months for many to have a firm type for me in their minds.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I certainly plan on sticking around. Do I know the types of my family, friends? Doubtful. I get definite vibes but I haven't been in Socionics long enough to to confidently attach IM elements tto particular vibes. So the mental "people files" in my head are pretty much a list of possibles and definitely-nots; the type for my best friend has flickered between LSI, LSE, SLI, LIE, and less frequently ESI, but it keeps drifting back to LSI every time. The problem is just that he seems too go-with-the-flow at times to be a rational, yet he's not really a huge sensory-seeker like SLI. He does, however, get very distracted by things in the environment. TV on? He's gone. I talk to him about Socionics constantly, speculating on whether a certain behavior he observed in someone could be related to Te or Ni, Ne or Ti, and how if this, then the core motive was that, and if I could just get a fix on it, then certain things could reliably be predicted on a short-to-long term basis. I notice he's looking off, so I say, "What are you thinking?" And he says, "It's so sad." I'm like, "What the heck?" and he's like, "That milk pie. it's just been sitting in your fridge, allll this time... waiting to be eaten... " He knows more about my kitchen even than my cousins, I'm sure. i just knoww there might or might not be Ravioli in the pantry. ::chuckle::

    My brother flows between SLI, SEI, and less frequently SEE, SLE, and LSE. with sLI and SEi tied. despite the fact that he can really raise hell if someone gives him the energy,... Okay, come to think of it, he rarely displays any Fe, more often he will use Fi. He needs to be aroundd people. No people = major depression. only thing keeping me from dubbing him SEE is the fact that he can't generate the energy himself -- he needs to be wound up. We rarely have any conflicts. It's not like duality or anything, never had that, it's more like mutual adaption. We've grown sso we can just take each other's behavior in stride, usually. When we do have run-ins, it's usually beecause i think he's being too simple, or he thinks I'm being impractical oor unconventional. LOL, we each refer to the other's fallacities as "stop being stupid".

    Feedback?
    And this, too, shall pass away.


    ILI

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Also, spend some more time here, and you'll naturally make an impression. Look at me; it took me just three months for many to have a firm type for me in their minds.
    that isn't true. it took three months for YOU to finally realize what your type was.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually, i will say that everything i can see in this thread seems to support ILI. this is not even close to sufficient information to say anything definitive, and i'd like to hear some "mundane details" for confirmation.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah, hello, Niff. Changed your attitude yet? Sleep well, at least?
    And this, too, shall pass away.


    ILI

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    clearly your problem is that you don't drink enough diet mountain dew. if you drank more diet mountain dew perhaps you would achieve enlightenment.

  9. #9
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    clearly your problem is that you don't drink enough diet mountain dew. if you drank more diet mountain dew perhaps you would achieve enlightenment.
    diet soda is for pussies

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    clearly your problem is that you don't drink enough diet mountain dew. if you drank more diet mountain dew perhaps you would achieve enlightenment.
    diet soda is for pussies
    do you have a better explanation?

  11. #11
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn
    I certainly plan on sticking around. Do I know the types of my family, friends? Doubtful. I get definite vibes but I haven't been in Socionics long enough to to confidently attach IM elements tto particular vibes. So the mental "people files" in my head are pretty much a list of possibles and definitely-nots; the type for my best friend has flickered between LSI, LSE, SLI, LIE, and less frequently ESI, but it keeps drifting back to LSI every time. The problem is just that he seems too go-with-the-flow at times to be a rational, yet he's not really a huge sensory-seeker like SLI. He does, however, get very distracted by things in the environment. TV on? He's gone. I talk to him about Socionics constantly, speculating on whether a certain behavior he observed in someone could be related to Te or Ni, Ne or Ti, and how if this, then the core motive was that, and if I could just get a fix on it, then certain things could reliably be predicted on a short-to-long term basis. I notice he's looking off, so I say, "What are you thinking?" And he says, "It's so sad." I'm like, "What the heck?" and he's like, "That milk pie. it's just been sitting in your fridge, allll this time... waiting to be eaten... " He knows more about my kitchen even than my cousins, I'm sure. i just knoww there might or might not be Ravioli in the pantry. ::chuckle::
    That means he's not interested in you and your musings.

    My brother flows between SLI, SEI, and less frequently SEE, SLE, and LSE. with sLI and SEi tied. despite the fact that he can really raise hell if someone gives him the energy,... Okay, come to think of it, he rarely displays any Fe, more often he will use Fi. He needs to be aroundd people. No people = major depression. only thing keeping me from dubbing him SEE is the fact that he can't generate the energy himself -- he needs to be wound up. We rarely have any conflicts. It's not like duality or anything, never had that, it's more like mutual adaption. We've grown sso we can just take each other's behavior in stride, usually. When we do have run-ins, it's usually beecause i think he's being too simple, or he thinks I'm being impractical oor unconventional. LOL, we each refer to the other's fallacities as "stop being stupid".
    Right, quadra value time: does your brother value Te/Fi or Fe/Ti more?

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Also, spend some more time here, and you'll naturally make an impression. Look at me; it took me just three months for many to have a firm type for me in their minds.
    that isn't true. it took three months for YOU to finally realize what your type was.
    Okay, it took even less time for people to realise that they were completely wrong about EIE.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll respond to Ezra later.

    In the meantime, I'll post random things I say.

    I don't adhere to that kind of idealism. The fact is, you can probe. Everything you do and don't do, down to the way you walk and that sentence you leave out, says something. Just the fact that you you are trying to throw off my perceptions implies ten littlle things about you in general that you don't realize you gave off. Even had you said nothing, this still says much. The only originality in a person is that they are a different mix of the same old things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Waldo Emerson
    What you are thunders so loudly that I cannot hear what you say to the contrary.
    And this, too, shall pass away.


    ILI

  13. #13
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm getting an ESE vibe.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What?

    ::looks around at room. See piles of clothes on floor and bed. Bed is not made. Cot hangers, bags, and books also decorate the floor.::

    ::considers self. Barefoot. Shirtless. Unshaven. Nails need trimmed. will showeer later::

    Some ESE.

    ...

    Neglecting to wear a coat, or even a sweater, is not stupid. It's endurance training.
    And this, too, shall pass away.


    ILI

  15. #15
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    clearly your problem is that you don't drink enough diet mountain dew. if you drank more diet mountain dew perhaps you would achieve enlightenment.
    diet soda is for pussies
    do you have a better explanation?
    do I really need one?

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nope. He won't care. Though i say he needs to stop with the stuff. Personally, I find my manliness enhanced by continual consumption of orange juice.
    And this, too, shall pass away.


    ILI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •