TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Evie

A typical anecdote:

Early one morning, during the before-the-day-starts meeting, one of the other coworkers observed to Evie that her shoes didn't match. They were about the same general shape, but completely different colors. She immediately started laughing, explained herself a bit, and made a big joke about it. She said she had gotten up earlier than her husband and gotten dressed in the dark so as to not disturb him. That's where the mismatch originated. She just walked out the door without noticing.

As she walked into her first class of the day, she announced, "Who here remembered today is Mismatching Shoes Day? See, look! I remembered! What? None of you remembered? Well, we'll do it again next week." And the next week, kids actually showed up wearing different shoes.

What sticks out to me most about Evie is her incredible (and I mean that in a literal sense) vision, drive to follow that vision, amazing persuasiveness, and general scatteredness. She also is big on "team" stuff.

Here are some disjointed notes I took on her in a recent staff meeting:

Vision quotes -
    "This is where we're going..."
    "This is about to explode!" [referring to plans succeeding, not bombs]
    "I've got a dream for this"
    "Look at the big picture; see it the right way."

Team/group quotes -
    "Team-building, communication, working together..."
    "We're in a good mood!" [commenting on the group's atmosphere]
    "I consider myself good, but when I'm with [somebody else] I'm better. Together we're great."
    "You have something you can bring [to the group]"
    "We're going to make it happen."
    "...meshing..."
    "[the idea that loving one's job partly comes from getting along with each other and feeling good; having good communication]"
    "Protect one another"
    "We all need to be loved"
    "Everybody comes in their bubble. I feel those bubbles."
    "People will not hear unless you connect emotionally"

Misc. quotes -
    "I like to fix things"
    "I'm a flaky, right-brained person."
    "I like pretty things. I like arranging things. I like art. But I'm a bad housekeeper."

When asked to think of a problem, any problem, her first response is "I can't get people motivated."

She has a drive to follow her vision. She's bold, takes opportunities and initiative.

She has big dreams. I tend to think they're unrealistic, but I think it's partly the bigness of it that helps make things happen.

She's one of the most scattered, forgetful, impractical people I know. Even more than me (which, I know, can be hard to imagine for some). Never give her something to keep track of or remember, and it's not a good idea to let her do paperwork. She's so disorganized it's a miracle (and I mean that literally, too) that anything gets accomplished. What is organized is thanks to others who pitch in and help her.

She's very persuasive. I think part of it is that she keeps talking about why what she's saying is worthy. And she's bold in asking for things. It's almost like she keeps talking, putting this subtle yet constant pressure on until she gets a "yes."

She likes telling stories about amazing successes. But she doesn't attribute a lot of it to herself. It's more... like anecdotes. She'll kind of repeat the stories, too, even if you've already heard them.

She's diplomatic. She resolves conflict by using her persuasive skills, building the person up, and giving into demands.

Some of what she observes about interrelationships seem obvious, but I guess she thinks about it more than lots of people.

She is concerned about how things flow, especially people events. Once, during a sort of party/talent show, there was some sort of confusion (which isn't unusual considering the normal general lack of planning and preparation) and I heard her muttering to no one in particular about how she was losing the crowd. I could sense it, too, but it didn't seem to bother me as much as it did her.

As a teacher, she'll ask a lot of her more advanced students, grading them somewhat harshly sometimes. But with the beginners and younger students she's very affirming. She says she wants them to feel confident in themselves. She also wants them to "own" their work. She seems to emphasize that over technique.

That's all for now. I have an idea, but what do you think?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFJ?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, ENFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, no controversy? No doubts? No pages of fierce and impassioned debate over functional orderings and posters' intelligence levels?

I'm not sure if this is encouraging or discouraging. It seems I have advanced far enough to now type the ridiculously-easy-to-type people. Lovely.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.