Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 104

Thread: "my type"

  1. #1
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default "my type"

    SOURCE THREAD

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...=293091#293091



    Quote Originally Posted by aut0
    Can you please give up the idea that you're LSE? This is getting really annoying.

    This is what she asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    To LSE: what does Ni PoLR personally mean to you?
    This is how you answered:
    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Filatova:
    Ni – LSE painfully experiences any type of uncertainty. It is desirable that everything be planned before-hand, to precisely know what will happen tomorrow, in the week, in the month, in the year. Uncertainty, for her, is the most severe vital problem, it makes her nervous and she attempts to surmount it with all her resources.
    Then you went off on a tangent and started blabbering about Fi (which I think is your leading function). All I've seen you do thus far is paste texts and quote dichotomies. The last time you tried to explain what you thought was Ni PoLR, Elro pointed out that you were seeking Ni because you wanted people to plan things out for you. I really don't know how many more people need to point out that you don't have Ni PoLR, but I sincerely hope that that magic number gets hit soon.


    I don't know what round of typing this is for me, but, come on - why don't you all just come to a decision about this? I have grown tired of saying things.

    I will call on Thunder, as I have been talking with her in depth about some things lately. She probably knows me best here on the forum, at this time. SL and RC also may have things to say, based on actual conversation.


    Go head - I won't even say anything unless you want me to.

  2. #2
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For those of you who don't want to open the source thread to see my real response that aut0 criticized


    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    How do you LSEs act in regard to not knowing things about people? Or when someone doesn't tell you something?

    Filatova:
    Ni – LSE painfully experiences any type of uncertainty. It is desirable that everything be planned before-hand, to precisely know what will happen tomorrow, in the week, in the month, in the year. Uncertainty, for her, is the most severe vital problem, it makes her nervous and she attempts to surmount it with all her resources.
    I find myself playing detective with people and they usually don't like it, because I can easily uncover their experiences or secrets. It seems to bother people, and the more they hide things, the more I want to know. This quality is something I have to learn to hone, however, because while I use it for figuring out things about life, I suppose not everyone is as transparent as I am.


    As someone else just said, "I am honest because I prefer to travel light."

    And also, it is a way of forcing Fi checks. You can tell how much someone trusts you or where you are on their Fi totem poll by what they are willing to say to you, and how much your needs take precedents over others they call friends or relatives.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Important notes:

    The month of October was wrought will all sorts of stresses, relationship issues, from both past and present, and possibly future, midterms, and other things. So towards the end of October especially, my posts were not of a normal mindset, I will say that much at least.

    I say this not to persuade to one type or another - I really do not care what type you want to see me as. I am interested in the truth, and that is what I am after.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    aut0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cut this shit out, you have 7 other threads discussing the same shit. Just bump one of those because this obviously isn't going to solve anything.

  5. #5
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who do you think you are, aut0?

    Get over yourself already. You're whining about something that isn't going to change - do you really expect me to delete this thread? How many of your posts (interacting with me) are just about you whining anyways? You probably should ask yourself that question.

    Cut this shit out, you have 7 other threads discussing the same shit. Just bump one of those because this obviously isn't going to solve anything.
    Why don't you just shut up and stop complaining then - stop whining about my type. You bitch about my type, and then you bitch about me wanting to discuss it, and now you bitch about how I discuss it.


    If this thread isn't going to solve anything than get the fuck out and take your attitude with you.
    Why don't YOU bump an old thread, instead of waiting for me to do it, and then bitching at me for it?
    Ah, but then you'd have to bitch about yourself, because you would be doing something that is pointless, right?

    Blah blah blah


    Shall we bitch at each other some more? Whoop de doo.
    You should take a long look at yourself to see if you are just angry and "want to win", of if you really want to accomplish something here.

    "Cut this shit out" - and take your own advice, too.





    PS: Just to be clear, I don't have anything personal against aut0 - I just think his remarks are bullshit. If you want to say things like that, then lets come to some resolution now, and get this over with. IF you want me to take your remarks about my type seriously - then let's not bitch around forever about this. I made this thread partially to see if you are just in this for the bitching - and as such your comments are to be avoided (maybe I will use ignore for once?), or, if you really want to talk socionics - not just halfassing ideas that you pull from connections here and there.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  6. #6
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really do not want to have a bitching contest. Releasing emotions is good, though, but having done that....



    What I am really after here, aut0, is - what do you want? Do you want to really discuss anything? Or do you want me to just accept that my type is wrong? If you are convinced I am this or that, and don't want to talk about it, and see discussion as pointless, then so be it - I will let you "be yourself", and I will just ignore you. If you have something serious you want to say - then bring it, and let us discuss it. I don't want to put this off or avoid it -- if there is anything actually substantial here. IF there is nothing, then lets drop it and move on. But if there is, then lets get it over with.


    So - what do you want to come from this?
    That is to say - can anything be gained from this at all?
    Not only this thread, but from discussions on the forum in general about my type. If you are going to make comments about my type like in the delta thread, and draw conclusions based on that, how can those be of any relevance at all if you do not want to discuss things here?


    I am tired of unproductive threads in general, and I particularly do not like discussing my type like this - but I am doing it anyways to hopefully put and end to things, or at least resolve things between us.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't seen any reason to think you're Si/Ne > Se/Ni. And I think you've shown that you're Fi/Te > Fe/Ti. And you're rational. Can't offer much beyond that at this point. Though now I'm tempted to get on yahoo.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree that you definitely at least value Fi, and you certainly could be a type with leading Fi.

    Your online persona has changed significantly since you started self-identifying as an ESTj and that makes it tricky to figure out just what's going on with you.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  9. #9
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To be perfectly honest, the more you got into this "trying LSE on for size" thing, the more static and Se you've seemed. It seems unnatural though. Maybe it's just because I had a different image of you in my head though. I don't know.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And again, please don't take this stuff I'm saying as criticism. I definitely don't intend it to be. I think it's good to explore type possibilities and challenge different areas of yourself to find your strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes, needs, and what you can do for yourself.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the irrational and Fe types can be ruled out.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    both
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I haven't seen any reason to think you're Si/Ne > Se/Ni. And I think you've shown that you're Fi/Te > Fe/Ti. And you're rational.
    In other words, ESI or LIE.

    Can I just say that before, I saw UDP as a natural guy. Now, as Courage, I see an act. I'm not asserting any facts; I'm merely stating how it looks from an outsider's point of view. In essence, it looks like you're idealising the LSE. It looks as if you want to be one, even though you know you aren't; and there are major discrepencies between you and an LSE. If aut0 is indeed an LSE as he claims, and not an SLE as I think is a possibility, said discrepencies are especially apparent. aut0 is entirely natural. You seem overtly mechanical. I'm not talking about the faintly mechanical nature of the LSE or even of the 1w9, because there is still an organic quality to them (this is what separates them from robots); I mean when aut0 says you pull out quotes instead of putting your personal view across, and when you write things like "yes, and I did that because of my Si creative", as though you're constantly trying to justify your behaviour in terms of your being an LSE.

    Maybe you're just not confident in yourself, or maybe you prefer image to reality. I don't know. You're an interesting case though.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and there are major discrepencies between you and an LSE.
    And they make you think of what type, and why?

    as though you're constantly trying to justify your behaviour in terms of your being an LSE.

    Maybe you're just not confident in yourself, or maybe you prefer image to reality. I don't know. You're an interesting case though.
    Now, what if I am not trying to justify myself, and I am confident, and I do prefer reality?
    Those are your perceptions and interpretations - not facts.
    (Personally, "not confident in yourself" is ... offensive, to say the least : /)
    PS: and saying I care about image over reality - that not true.


    more positively to an LSE's behaviour -- and you do give the impression that "pushing" is your natural, spontaneous inclination (which suggests Extraverted Sensing).
    And what would an LSE's behavior be, as opposed to "pushing", as you say?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #15
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, so there seems to be consensus forming for ESI.

    Would it appease the forum if I "try out" being ESI for a while? Perhaps I will try to see things through that lens.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it would appease me, Courage.

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Ok, so there seems to be consensus forming for ESI.

    Would it appease the forum if I "try out" being ESI for a while? Perhaps I will try to see things through that lens.
    Interesting the way you worded that...

    As always, I say... Do what you want. Seriously considering a type can mean "trying it on for size" for a bit, and I think it's a good idea for people to do that when they're trying to figure out their types.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, I've always sort of thought so, too... but it's not necessarily the easiest thing to pick up on through this form of communication
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  19. #19
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll get a video up at some point.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Forgot to add: strong impression of IJ temperament.
    yes.

  21. #21
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    it would appease me, Courage.
    *sigh* I need to change my name again. It is tainted with everyone saying how fake it is, and even seeing it here is beginning to bother me.



    If I was to pick out qualities that describe me it would be:
    • - an inability to relate well to other people, on all levels.
      - - general inability to understand relationships in regard to myself
      - a great ability to uncover secrets or find areas where people are trying to hide things
      - extreme need for truth and honesty: no deception
      - lack of emotional interaction, or ability to emotionally motivate people. I cannot lie about my emotions
      - preference for quality
      - belief in spiritual growth, though not much sure about direction
      - enjoyment of working in a team environment for a good cause
      - professionalism
      - quality control
      - extremely cautious and wary about personal relationships, I feel like I need help from someone else in this regard


    Some things that are definitely not me:
    • - Enjoying time alone for very long
      - enjoying time not being productive towards some ends. I know I need goals to stay happy so I can be working on something
      - being a jolly, merry, always smiling, person
      - loudness (very sensitive ears)
      - intoxication, drunkenness, sloppiness, lack of control,
      - excuses, in-accountability, not fulfilling responsibilities
      - wasting time, chatting idly
      - watching theater



    .... I'll just tell you what my typical day is like, and what I would prefer it to be like.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  22. #22
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    As for

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage (in the pregnancy thread)
    Girls are awesome. It seems they need to be told this quite a bit.... Hm, I should probably tell them this more. When I settle down with one she's going to here it every day, because it is very true.

    And yes, boobs are fun, too.
    In this example -- which is not atypical -- you demonstrate that you are fairly comfortable with expressing your feelings towards people (something that Fi-dual seeking is noted for being awkward about).

    You're less forgiving than one might normally expect from a Delta.

    You seem to think that relationships aren't worth it unless they will work out the way you want in the long term (>).
    Hm, I would not say I am comfortable at all about expressing my feelings : /
    I feel incredibly weak when I do, or even talk about them, for the record. But when I do talk about them it is in a very clear way, because that's the only way I know how. And when I do, if I don't get a reciprocation from the other person, it makes me really insecure. I need to know where I stand. I feel like I have to ask people to spell things out, actually just state where things are because I really cannot tell.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  23. #23
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alright, I've asked mcnew to change my username. I think, as best I can, I am just going to try to start typing myself over from the very beginning, sort of. We'll see how it goes.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  24. #24
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alright, I am going to say something brief because I am about to sleep too so

    But I am absolutely 100% certain you're an LSI. I hope you all don't start accusing me of just wanting him to be my Dual, no really, I don't. I just know he is. After a lot of conversations, it feels very comfortable, we are constantly attempting to give each other advice about life and such, there are no problems or misunderstandings. It's really "at ease" and what I feel from my real life LSI friends. He gives off very exact vibes that I can even sense through the interwebz, lol, and they match up with what I have experienced Duality to be.

    I am going to go into more depth regarding points you just listed about yourself because wow, they scream hidden agenda and role function, pretty much. I can see any of my LSI friends agreeing with all your points. I also believe you have been mislead by this belief that Merry people are constantly cheerful and jokey - we like to joke around, yeah, but so do Fi/Te types ... many LSIs feel uncomfortable in exactly the way you do regarding emotion and they are definitely not always happy-go-lucky. Most of the time, they come across very serious. It's only with certain people and the "right" interaction do they lighten up, but when they do, it's great.

    As I said before, a lot of what you write makes me cringe actually because I really think I "see" right through your confusion and state of stress, etc ... it's like what I would write were I in your position and I do feel a bit of pity for the ridicule you suffer on these forums sometimes (lol though!) ...

    Your speech has NOTHING to do with Ne/Si values AT ALL, I absolutely agree with Thunder, especially about your views on relationships is totally > and I think the way you express yourself actually seems more to than me, not sure how to explain that properly but the fact that you sort of gush over whatever your ideal is at the moment. It is sort of a thing with LSIs to latch onto something and keep on gushing about it, I've really noticed that in my LSI friends. They also demonstrate this sort of confusion that takes over them, because PoLR much? I don't think you are happy to consider other possibilities once a decision (you being LSE) was made ... you had a conviction that yes, this is what I am and I'm going to fit this role now. However .. it came across as posturing. And it probably is, face the facts.

    See, I never really waste my time going into explanations of what I think peoples' types are but you, have you noticed? It's because I really have felt strongly that LSE is definitely not correct ... and I'm here to convince you of that (finally you're opening up) and the fact I think LSI is what you are.

    More later, I'm tired.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  25. #25
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    lucky bastard... I want SL for a dual

  26. #26
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've been open to considerations since I switched from LII. No one ever made much of an argument, other than "you seem fake", "I still see you as LII", or "you quote profiles too much", etc. And I have made numerous threads various times about my type, asking people to discuss it, so...

    finally you're opening up
    - that is not really true. Finally, I have pissed people off enough to actually list their complaints in a direct way, it seems.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  27. #27
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    lucky bastard... I want SL for a dual
    You can be if you want to be!

    But yeah, you'll thank me later when you realize your LSI-ness, JDTW


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  28. #28
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  29. #29
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    and there are major discrepencies between you and an LSE.
    And they make you think of what type, and why?

    as though you're constantly trying to justify your behaviour in terms of your being an LSE.

    Maybe you're just not confident in yourself, or maybe you prefer image to reality. I don't know. You're an interesting case though.
    Now, what if I am not trying to justify myself, and I am confident, and I do prefer reality?
    Those are your perceptions and interpretations - not facts.
    (Personally, "not confident in yourself" is ... offensive, to say the least : /)
    PS: and saying I care about image over reality - that not true.


    more positively to an LSE's behaviour -- and you do give the impression that "pushing" is your natural, spontaneous inclination (which suggests Extraverted Sensing).
    And what would an LSE's behavior be, as opposed to "pushing", as you say?
    Do you not see the different between you and aut0? You have a very mechanical way of being, almost as if it is a carefully constructed character. I know it's not factual; it's speculation - I said that, and yet still you argue with it. But it is worth serious consideration, which is why I am considering it.

    I wouldn't say Fe dual seeking is out of the question. I'd say LSI is a possibility. You certainly carry the air of one.

    By all means perhaps you are an ESTJ in MBTT. That means nothing in socionics though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Forgot to add: strong impression of IJ temperament.
    Yes, I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    But I am absolutely 100% certain you're an LSI. I hope you all don't start accusing me of just wanting him to be my Dual, no really, I don't. I just know he is. After a lot of conversations, it feels very comfortable, we are constantly attempting to give each other advice about life and such, there are no problems or misunderstandings. It's really "at ease" and what I feel from my real life LSI friends. He gives off very exact vibes that I can even sense through the interwebz, lol, and they match up with what I have experienced Duality to be.
    You had the SLE vibe about me. You still think that? Also, you thought I was your dual when you were IEI. Now you're EIE. Am I still SLE or LSE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    I don't see UDP's Ti dominance, ScarlettLux. His posting style isn't short or concise often enough (meaning that he doesn't display the characteristic of "internal thought, then post only the main 'logical'* message or conclusion"), and he has also shown a large dependency on type descriptions as opposed to constructing systems of his own.

    * as opposed to 'ethical'
    As do I - do you see any Ti dominance in me? And why?

    JTDW could still be Ti leading.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  30. #30
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  31. #31
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    I don't see UDP's Ti dominance, ScarlettLux. His posting style isn't short or concise often enough (meaning that he doesn't display the characteristic of "internal thought, then post only the main 'logical'* message or conclusion"), and he has also shown a large dependency on type descriptions as opposed to constructing systems of his own.

    * as opposed to 'ethical'
    As do I - do you see any Ti dominance in me? And why?

    JTDW could still be Ti leading.
    I see ESTp in you Ezra. You're bold and rush into things; and yet you "think" (Ti-wise) about stuff.
    But my point is that I can go on massive rambles sometimes, and I don't attempt to construct my own system; I'm an advocate of classical socionics - so surely if I can still be Ti creative after this, UDP could be too.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  32. #32
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I've been open to considerations since I switched from LII. No one ever made much of an argument, other than ... "you quote profiles too much"
    You constantly fail to see potential relevance in points such as these unless they are spelt out for you though. Why do you quote profiles so much? (Think it through in terms of information elements and functions. Is it because you rely on the profiles and generally like Te dominants to provide you with information because you aren't particularly fussed at constructing and being the master of Ti systems of your own?...Fi ego? Is it because you are a Te dominant collecting information to share? Is it because you applaud the wording of them in that they capture well the essence of what you want to say?...Doesn't necessarily exclude a Ti/Fe typing in the way that the other two cases do.)

    Actually - why don't you consider this for a change - (to everyone)
    You constantly fail to see potential relevance in points such as these unless they are spelt out for you though
    You are the one who consistently fails to see the actual relevance of this whole matter.

    Do you think I just haven't considered these possibilities? It honestly feels like I have to spell everything out - on my end.

    Is it because you rely on the profiles and generally like Te dominants to provide you with information because you aren't particularly fussed at constructing and being the master of Ti systems of your own?...Fi ego?
    NO. Obviously not, folks. Obviously not. If that is how I felt, I would say I am Fi dominant. Don't you get it? It is just that simple. But I have never felt like I was Fi dominant, and that is certainly not why I quote profiles. I do not like Te dominants to provide me with information - and I would never consider needing to explain this to you or anyone else here because it is so obvious - it is a major part of me.

    I am kind of amazed that you actually still have questions like this about me.

    Is it because you are a Te dominant collecting information to share?
    That's right....

    Is it because you applaud the wording of them in that they capture well the essence of what you want to say?
    ......

    Look, I quote profiles because they reference something that relates to me very well in this situation. I do not understand why people say that it is "fake". If anything, I would see it as major Te issues, preferring to use own facts rather than expressing my own feelings and inputs. It shows I prefer to rely on trusted, proven resources. It shows that I have actually read various materials. Etc etc etc. To me, I am showing how my experience validates that part of the profile - I am confirming it. I am saying - yes, this checks out.

    It baffles me, honestly, that you ask a question like this. You must think I am really stupid or something, to post the way I do, and feel deep down that I am doing it in an sort of way. It is like you are supposing I am lying to myself. Or perhaps that I am just totally unaware of things. What did you really expect me to say, "oops, I never thought of that. Yeah, I am Fi dominant after all lol!".


    ---- and this is the root of why I am so frustrated when people make claims about me being Fi or otherwise dominant. I suppose I just have to consistently prove to you that I am not a complete moron, and explain every single thing the way I do.


    This post is a bit angry because I just woke up - more later after classes.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  33. #33
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Right, clearly JW is emotionally retarded; an aspie; a Phaedrus; someone who knows fuck all about how people feel about him, and someone who can't accurately explain his feelings. So that rules out Fe. He is obviously Fi dual seeking.

    Now, if he's an LSE, let's see what Minde makes of him. Let's see what Slacker Mom makes of him. Does she generally like him (activation partners) or does she despise him (conflictors)? Well, if she conflicts, that makes my first point bullshit. So it must be the second. Hence, JW is LSE.

    End of. Finish this thread.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  34. #34
    aut0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You consistently show that you both value and are strong with , on more than one occasion you've lambasted people for claiming life was hard when people in Africa have a much harder life. You've always come off as an insane hard ass when it comes to morals. Even in this thread you're demanding that people give you reasons to back up their assertions that you're not an LSE. If people give you you react negatively to it, non-fact filled suggestions are completely thrown away. If they don't have word for word backing of what they say it's no use to you.

    Alpha is your conflicting quadra, look at your relationships with Bionicgoat/Gilly/Subterranean/Elro/Carla, you very obviously don't see eye to eye. The majority if the time you act outwardly (from my view) as if they're trying to attack you when they make a point.

    I want people to give me general ideas or alternatives ( ), so that I can see connections myself. When I collect information to "share", I want to understand it so that I can put it into my own words, so that I'm able explain it to someone else. In your own words,
    Quote Originally Posted by JWPTD
    It honestly feels like I have to spell everything out - on my end.
    Guess what? That's what Te dominants do, they try to explain things in a simple fashion. It's very obviously not your natural function. More than once people have pointed out that is a system (like any other introverted function), you have your own system of how you view things and you don't want to have to explain it step by step.

    So my understanding tells me:

    Alpha is your conflicting quadra
    You have PoLR
    You have weak but valued
    You have strong and valued

    That's why I think you're ESI.

    Also, you keep making these threads, drawing attention to yourself tells me that you don't care about . And as Joy/Elro pointed out, I think you value . You want people to plan things out for you and tell you where things will lead.

    And Ezra, it makes no sense for me to identify with SLE if I see myself as an LSE, Beta & Delta are conflicting quadras. It makes no sense to be confused about those two. The next most likely type that I identify with is ESE.

  35. #35
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by aut0
    Guess what? That's what Te dominants do, they try to explain things in a simple fashion. It's very obviously not your natural function.
    YES. This is what I was trying to get across to him.

    And Ezra, it makes no sense for me to identify with SLE if I see myself as an LSE, Beta & Delta are conflicting quadras. It makes no sense to be confused about those two. The next most likely type that I identify with is ESE.
    Okay.

    Yeah, in ways you're right. But I do think it makes some sense. LSE and SLE are quasi partners. Also, think about what both the LSE and the SLE are strong in; Te, Ti, Se and Si. The difference is, they value Te/Si and Se/Ti respectively. So the confusion I have between LSE and SLE and why I thought LSE was a possibility was because of this. I didn't really know what I value and what I devalue, but I knew I was and am strong in these four functions. On top of this, I am beginning to understand why I value Fe and Ni over Fi and Ne.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  36. #36
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  37. #37
    aut0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by aut0
    You consistently show that you both value and are strong with , on more than one occasion you've lambasted people for claiming life was hard when people in Africa have a much harder life. You've always come off as an insane hard ass when it comes to morals.
    Whoa there! What does this have to do with Fi?
    Fair enough, isn't all about morals. But Fi dominants are described as having strong morals, which is what lead me to posting that. Sorry about the stereotype.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by aut0
    Even in this thread you're demanding that people give you reasons to back up their assertions that you're not an LSE. If people give you you react negatively to it, non-fact filled suggestions are completely thrown away. If they don't have word for word backing of what they say it's no use to you.

    Alpha is your conflicting quadra, look at your relationships with Bionicgoat/Gilly/Subterranean/Elro/Carla, you very obviously don't see eye to eye. The majority if the time you act outwardly (from my view) as if they're trying to attack you when they make a point.
    This isn't a very good argument. For instance, I get along very well with most of those people listed. Just because someone is in a conflicting quadra doesn't mean you'll be at each other's throats - and additionally, just because someone is in yours or an adjacent quadra doesn't mean you'll get along. Additionally, if you're an ESTj - shouldn't he be welcoming your Te input? Sorry, just too many pieces don't fit.
    I don't mean getting at people's throats, I meant the constant misunderstanding between them. Look at his conversations with the people I've listed, it's like they're talking but can't understand each other.

    And your second point, I'm the reason he made two of these threads, so I'm having some kind of impact, aren't I?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by aut0
    I want people to give me general ideas or alternatives ( ), so that I can see connections myself. When I collect information to "share", I want to understand it so that I can put it into my own words, so that I'm able explain it to someone else. In your own words,
    Quote Originally Posted by JWPTD
    It honestly feels like I have to spell everything out - on my end.
    Guess what? That's what Te dominants do, they try to explain things in a simple fashion. It's very obviously not your natural function. More than once people have pointed out that is a system (like any other introverted function), you have your own system of how you view things and you don't want to have to explain it step by step.

    So my understanding tells me:

    Alpha is your conflicting quadra
    You have PoLR
    You have weak but valued
    You have strong and valued

    That's why I think you're ESI.
    Except, he's not ESI, and I've seen no evidence for strong Fi.
    Do you think discojoe is ESI? I mean do you see similarities between yourself and discojoe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by aut0
    Also, you keep making these threads, drawing attention to yourself tells me that you don't care about . And as Joy/Elro pointed out, I think you value . You want people to plan things out for you and tell you where things will lead.
    Why would drawing attention to oneself say that someone doesn't care about Fe? It seems to me he's had attention focused on him all over the forum, almost every time he says something - and this is an attempt to clear things up and make that stop. However, I do see a case for Ni valuing, but no, he's not Fi leading.
    Diana, what type do you think he is? From what you wrote it sounds like Gamma/Beta.

  38. #38
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aut0
    You consistently show that you both value and are strong with , on more than one occasion you've lambasted people for claiming life was hard when people in Africa have a much harder life. You've always come off as an insane hard ass when it comes to morals. Even in this thread you're demanding that people give you reasons to back up their assertions that you're not an LSE. If people give you you react negatively to it, non-fact filled suggestions are completely thrown away. If they don't have word for word backing of what they say it's no use to you.


    If people give you you react negatively to it
    on more than one occasion you've lambasted people for claiming life was hard when people in Africa have a much harder life
    How is that not Ne?

    And how often do you hear, for example, Discojoe, making similar sympathetic claims? You could easily make claims for my comment being Ne/Si, as opposed to Ni/Se




    Alpha is your conflicting quadra, look at your relationships with Bionicgoat/Gilly/Subterranean/Elro/Carla, you very obviously don't see eye to eye. The majority if the time you act outwardly (from my view) as if they're trying to attack you when they make a point.
    Superficial judgments on your part. I talk with Gilly from time to time away from the forum - we're on good terms. Elro has given me lots of good advice and tried to help me out (most likely with Ne itself) on many things. I have no real interaction with SubT really, so that is irrlevant. Carla and I seem to not see eye to eye in regard to typing, but I do not dislike her.

    I want people to give me general ideas or alternatives ( ), so that I can see connections myself. When I collect information to "share", I want to understand it so that I can put it into my own words, so that I'm able explain it to someone else. In your own words,
    Quote Originally Posted by JWPTD
    It honestly feels like I have to spell everything out - on my end.
    Guess what? That's what Te dominants do, they try to explain things in a simple fashion. It's very obviously not your natural function. More than once people have pointed out that is a system (like any other introverted function), you have your own system of how you view things and you don't want to have to explain it step by step.
    The reality is, I thought you collectively knew more about me than you apparently do. I do not like talking about myself on the forum. So the points you are trying to make are not relevant.

    So my understanding tells me:

    Alpha is your conflicting quadra
    You have PoLR
    You have weak but valued
    You have strong and valued

    That's why I think you're ESI.
    So you think that ENTps are more my opposite, as opposed to INFps?

    Also, you keep making these threads, drawing attention to yourself tells me that you don't care about .
    Because...... Fe types don't love attention?

    And as Joy/Elro pointed out, I think you value . You want people to plan things out for you and tell you where things will lead.
    I consult other people when planning, yes. Do I ask people to plan things out for me? No.

    I have asked people about haircuts
    cell phones
    food
    relationships
    majors
    ...........
    I ask people about a lot of things.


    Eunice, Carla, many others have also asked about ideas on college majors and direction in their life. Don't cherry pick me out here to say that I must have Ne polr because I ask you for your opinion on matters. Everyone else who asked for ideas about college or majors must also consequently have extremely weak Ne, right?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  39. #39
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Right, clearly JW is emotionally retarded; an aspie; a Phaedrus; someone who knows fuck all about how people feel about him, and someone who can't accurately explain his feelings. So that rules out Fe. He is obviously Fi dual seeking.

    Now, if he's an LSE, let's see what Minde makes of him. Let's see what Slacker Mom makes of him. Does she generally like him (activation partners) or does she despise him (conflictors)? Well, if she conflicts, that makes my first point bullshit. So it must be the second. Hence, JW is LSE.

    End of. Finish this thread.
    Emotionally retard - yes.
    Phaedrus - no.

    someone who knows fuck all about how people feel about him, and someone who can't accurately explain his feelings. So that rules out Fe. He is obviously Fi dual seeking.
    I don't know why it has taken people so long to see this : /


    I would say I get along with Minde well, but I suppose that is for her to say. I don't really know anything about Slacker Mom, honestly.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  40. #40
    aut0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    If people give you you react negatively to it
    on more than one occasion you've lambasted people for claiming life was hard when people in Africa have a much harder life
    How is that not Ne?
    is to me, ideas/alternatives, the second quote had nothing to do with , it had to do with .

    Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    And how often do you hear, for example, Discojoe, making similar sympathetic claims? You could easily make claims for my comment being Ne/Si, as opposed to Ni/Se
    Never, that's besides the point as he's just as much as hard ass as you are. Every person isn't going to have the same ideals. Point out one person in this thread who's made a point for you valuing Ne/Si?

    Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    Alpha is your conflicting quadra, look at your relationships with Bionicgoat/Gilly/Subterranean/Elro/Carla, you very obviously don't see eye to eye. The majority if the time you act outwardly (from my view) as if they're trying to attack you when they make a point.
    Superficial judgments on your part. I talk with Gilly from time to time away from the forum - we're on good terms. Elro has given me lots of good advice and tried to help me out (most likely with Ne itself) on many things. I have no real interaction with SubT really, so that is irrlevant. Carla and I seem to not see eye to eye in regard to typing, but I do not dislike her.
    Who said you disliked anyone? I said from my view there were constant misunderstandings. I don't recall saying that if you were part of a conflicting quadra that you would hate each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    I want people to give me general ideas or alternatives ( ), so that I can see connections myself. When I collect information to "share", I want to understand it so that I can put it into my own words, so that I'm able explain it to someone else. In your own words,
    Quote Originally Posted by JWPTD
    It honestly feels like I have to spell everything out - on my end.
    Guess what? That's what Te dominants do, they try to explain things in a simple fashion. It's very obviously not your natural function. More than once people have pointed out that is a system (like any other introverted function), you have your own system of how you view things and you don't want to have to explain it step by step.
    The reality is, I thought you collectively knew more about me than you apparently do. I do not like talking about myself on the forum. So the points you are trying to make are not relevant.

    So my understanding tells me:

    Alpha is your conflicting quadra
    You have PoLR
    You have weak but valued
    You have strong and valued

    That's why I think you're ESI.
    So you think that ENTps are more my opposite, as opposed to INFps?
    I think you're the only person who thinks that INFps are your conflictors, but yes, I think ENTps are your conflictors.

    Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    Also, you keep making these threads, drawing attention to yourself tells me that you don't care about .
    Because...... Fe types don't love attention?
    That's not what I was getting it and I removed it because it was a moot point.

    Quote Originally Posted by JTDW
    And as Joy/Elro pointed out, I think you value . You want people to plan things out for you and tell you where things will lead.
    I consult other people when planning, yes. Do I ask people to plan things out for me? No.

    I have asked people about haircuts
    cell phones
    food
    relationships
    majors
    ...........
    I ask people about a lot of things.


    Eunice, Carla, many others have also asked about ideas on college majors and direction in their life. Don't cherry pick me out here to say that I must have Ne polr because I ask you for your opinion on matters. Everyone else who asked for ideas about college or majors must also consequently have extremely weak Ne, right?
    When did I say you had PoLR because you asked me for opinions? I don't recall ever claiming that Ni dual seeking meant that you weren't capable of doing anything for yourself. I said that based on the thread where you described what you thought was PoLR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •