Thread: Very General Question - N/S - kick in the ass

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Very General Question - N/S - kick in the ass

Particularly, NFs and STs brought this about, but I have heard ENTjs needing a kick in the ass from ISFjs, too.........

Originally it was going to be: All NFs - do you feel like you need a kick in the ass sometimes from an ST type?
    If so, please explain how you need this for of motivation or boost.
    I am particularly interested in the Delta aspects of this, because Se and Si kicks in the ass might be different, so to say.

But in general, how do all N types deal with this?
    As an intuitive, do you inherently feel a need for a shot, a boost, a motivation from someone else? An energy?
    A kick in the ass to move on or get things done or get over something?

IF I am LSE, would an LSE give an EII a kick in the ass to get out of the EII's "negativity funk" or feeling down about things?
    And what are common instances of that happening?

Comments welcome
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kick me in the ass, and you'll receive a kick 10 times stronger. Now, gently tell me that there is something I should do, and I'll do it.

Anyway: S,T -> kick in the ass function
    N, F -> diplomatic, soft functions

This also why there are potentially more troubles in double ST relations, double SF relations, double NT relations, and ST/NT or ST/SF rather than NF/NT or NF/ST or NF/SF.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i more need Sensing types to bring me down to earth when my ideas get too lofty. not so much a kick in the ass.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Kick me in the ass, and you'll receive a kick 10 times stronger. Now, gently tell me that there is something I should do, and I'll do it.

This also why there are potentially more troubles in double ST relations, double SF relations, double NT relations, and ST/NT or ST/SF rather than NF/NT or NF/ST or NF/SF.
    And your dual is creative, FDG?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage

HAHAHAHAAAA PURE OWNAGE!!!!!!!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would tend to think that everyone needs a kick in the ass once in a while.

Intuitive types need it from sensory types to remind them of the here and now reality of what needs to be done.
    Perhaps IP's need it, too, because they don't spend energy unless someone provides them incentive to do so (not that they don't do shit themselves, I'm just looking at what they're like compared to other types).

eh nm... I'm bored with this list already.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    i more need Sensing types to bring me down to earth when my ideas get too lofty. not so much a kick in the ass.
    Yeah, generally I'd say that Ni types are the ones who are generally most in need of a kick in the ass to pull them out of procrastination.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Very General Question - N/S - kick in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    IF I am LSE, would an LSE give an EII a kick in the ass to get out of the EII's "negativity funk" or feeling down about things?
    And what are common instances of that happening?
    I really can't see this at all. LSE's would sympathetically listen to the EII's problems... and then fix them. If it the EII needed to make a decision in order to fix something, the LSE would appeal to the EII's level of stress and how it affects her sleep and level of energy and general wellbeing. And because he's looking out for her health and being all sympathetic and offering to take care a bunch of shit for her, she'll agree to do as he suggests.
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it the EII needed to make a decision in order to fix something, the LSE would appeal to the EII's level of stress and how it affects her sleep and level of energy and general wellbeing. And because he's looking out for her health and being all sympathetic and offering to take care a bunch of shit for her, she'll agree to do as he suggests.
    mhm

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JTDW

dominant, Courage. If you read ENTj description of Se, the trait I have mentioned is listed, so the ownage is present if and only if knowledge of socionics is not sufficiently deep. You shouldn't think that I don't know the reaction of people to what I say.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is their any reason why you have four different personae, Courage?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dominant, Courage. If you read ENTj description of Se, the trait I have mentioned is listed, so the ownage is present if and only if knowledge of socionics is not sufficiently deep. You shouldn't think that I don't know the reaction of people to what I say.
    ESI's are not generally "gentle" when they tell you there's something you need to do. They're blunt and there's no tip toeing around your ego.

Which description of LIE Se are you referring to, just out of curiosity?
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

ESI's are not generally "gentle" when they tell you there's something you need to do. They're blunt and there's no tip toeing around your ego.

Which description of LIE Se are you referring to, just out of curiosity?
    Lol, stras, which is an ESI too, so you're pwned. And it's not a matter of ego. I treat people kindly and I expect the same from others. I have nothing to share with a girl that is blunt to me, given that I'm not blunt to her. If you like to be treated like shit, or if you need people to be blunt in order for you to get motivated, good for you.

Quote:

As has already been mentioned, the business qualities of the ENTj depend more on favorable ambient conditions, than on the personal willpower efforts. And nevertheless from its critical situation frequently is derived the precisely effort of will, which he decides to make - if not of the personal motives, then already at least in the interests of "his command", before which he always feels the great responsibility.

With their entire pragmaticality and practicalness the ENTjs have a habit to periodically "hover in the clouds". It would seem, that the LIE must not make inadvisable anything, since this contradicts the program of his intellect. And nevertheless his purposes sometimes turn around by mirages (since, as any intuitive, he does not always realistically look at things).

In this period much depends on how rapidly he will be able to make despite himself an effort of will, to forego the erroneous plans, to set before itself as a new goals and to be disposed on their realization.
    The ENTj needs the partner, who can guide him to practical purposes and convince of the ephemerality of his previous concepts. To him it is very difficult to make a volitional effort, especially in the situation of the crisis of his plans. Therefore he is activated, when in his life appears the new purpose, corresponding to his program, which has positive sense, determinate direction and capability of real application of force. The purpose, which will release him from the forced idleness and the useless expectation of changes. The purpose, for which it will be wanted dedicaton (?) to work and to surmount difficulty.

And as a precisely this goal sets to him his dual ISFj (who although cannot see prospects, sometimes sufficiently distinctly sees the lack of promise of any undertaking and therefore she does not make possible for the ENTj to get stuck with some too distant and unreal plans. Creatively manipulating by different methods of volitional action, the ISFj makes it necessary for the ENTj to be switched to the more real and more urgent tasks).

It is known that the ENTj does not love to start his undertakings. But nevertheless this periodically occurs. And since for him "to straighten" his matters is also unpleasant as to make anything that broken, next must be someone, who will force him to make it.

Of course it is impossible to make it necessary for the ENTj to obey straight volitional pressure, this he does not allow. Moreover, such method of volitional action places under the pressure the ethics of interrelations with the ENTj. Therefore in the case of the ENTj, volitional pressure must be flexible, creative, and the ethics of relations - fundamental. [--] , these offences must rapidly and easy to be smoothed out by partner in order not to overgrow into the crisis of relationship (that possibly only in the partnership with the ISFj).

As any intuitive, the ENTj throughout his nature is sufficiently scattered. He does not always remember, where he placed one or other thing or another. Harvesting and the guidance of order for it not the most pleasant occupation. And nevertheless, when the LIE with his entire indifference to the everyday disorder falls into the conditions, where the order strictly and strictly followed (as this usually is in Dreiser's house), this he accepts.
    One of the first is indicative the output of the LIE from the sincere crisis - ordering by them its means of life, interest in the sport, the health, the physical, spiritual and intellectual work on itself.

He will willingly make any work, will show service faster on the request of other, than on its own motive (if this to someone necessary - this makes sense to make.)

ENTjs themselves do not attempt to subordinate someone to their will. (they wonderfully know how to organize work, to distribute it, but to constrain someone - no. For him it is more easily to stimulate materially, to interest, to inspire by his enthusiasm, but to force - this is not his method. To request, incidentally, it will not be, either: this does not rule out a refusal, and this is always unpleasant.)

The ENTj is deeply democratic. He is attracted to no trappings of power, no connections, of position in society he does not boast, he hates snobs. People are evaluated according to their real abilities. He sees the advantage of authority only as the possibility to valuably realize his creative potential.

ENTjs are not inclined to the abuse of authority. Moreover, they cannot even obey severe or wrong ( in their opinion) orders. At their own risk they will not adhere to inhumane instructions.

The ENTj seeks the the role of leader and wonderfully it manages with the pleasure. The greater the authorities obtains the ENTj, the more he is activated and the more successful he works.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    They are not different at all.

I created UDP II and III because I lost the password for UDP, and then UDP II. It was not intentional. I had a lot of cpu problems.
    I changed to Courage because it was another stage in my life, and it was embracing LSE somewhat, or at least a new period.
    For the record, I switched back to using "UDP" because I found the old password, and it was a more accurate description of how long I was on the forum.

I changed it now to JTDW as part of an inside joke, and partly because "Courage" was getting so overdone, it lost its appeal to me. People constantly bitching about your name is just not appealing.
    JTDW has a few different personal meanings, too.

In no way do I see them as different "personae". I have always been the same person.
    Many people here have change their username several times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed to Courage because it was another stage in my life, and it was embracing LSE somewhat, or at least a new period.
    All this talk about periods and stages and moving from one to another sounds like Reinin static to me. Se or Ne.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG, the bolded is true, but ESI's don't respond to it by being "gentle" or whatever. They just tell you to toughen up or not take it so seriously or not get offended or something along those lines.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG, the bolded is true, but ESI's don't respond to it by being "gentle" or whatever. They just tell you to toughen up or not take it so seriously or not get offended or something along those lines.
    No, look at what is written. Telling people to toughen up doesn't seem like "smoothing a quarrel" to me, it only makes it worse. In any case, we seem to have a very different conception of ESIs, partially also related to the fact that I'm generally speaking about female Fi subtypes, and you're generally speaking about male Se subtypes, which only serve to exacerbate the differences already present due to our different understanding of socionics.

If somebody's offended, telling them not to get offended is invalidation, which isn't generally thought about as psychologically damaging on the long term. Now, if the other party responds positively to such suggestions, then the matter is different. Ultimately, people that are unable to communicate in a way so that arguing doesn't take place don't end up being couples, so I (and you) will tend to naturally pair up with people complementary to our different approaches to arguing.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They smooth it over with playfulness, not gentleness.

(I've known a male Fi subtype quite well, too)
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They smooth it over with playfulness, not gentleness.
    That's still rather different from telling you to "toughen up", imho.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you'd have to hear the tone.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I created UDP II and III because I lost the password for UDP, and then UDP II. It was not intentional. I had a lot of cpu problems.
    For the record, I switched back to using "UDP" because I found the old password, and it was a more accurate description of how long I was on the forum.

I changed it now to JTDW as part of an inside joke, and partly because "Courage" was getting so overdone, it lost its appeal to me. People constantly bitching about your name is just not appealing.

In no way do I see them as different "personae". I have always been the same person.

curious, is there not a pw recovery link on this board? otherwise, i'm getting the idea that you didn't just memorize the pws and they were on slips of paper or something (i've met people who do this.) why don't you just memorize your various passwords?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Various cpu issues, email changes, etc.
    Other than that - it is none of your business, so I am not going to reveal all of my actions on the forum here.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Various cpu issues, email changes, etc.
    Other than that - it is none of your business, so I am not going to reveal all of my actions on the forum here.
    You just want to look cool changing nicknames, let's face it

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's stupid. Just stick with Joy or Ezra. And if you want to choose another name, make sure you won't think in the future "oooh, this isn't cool anymore, and I want to be cool". I remember when I was in Year 9 and I had about ten different email addresses. It's just immature really.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who fucking cares

just call him whatever you want to call him... I'll always think of him as UDP (or perhaps his irl name, I supppose)
    SEE

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

who fucking cares

just call him whatever you want to call him... I'll always think of him as UDP (or perhaps his irl name, I supppose)
    who fucking cares? But who is 'who'?

Creepy-bg

I've kept the same name the entire 2 or 3 years or whatever I've been on this forum... but then my username is perfect and doesn't need to change.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's stupid. Just stick with Joy or Ezra. And if you want to choose another name, make sure you won't think in the future "oooh, this isn't cool anymore, and I want to be cool". I remember when I was in Year 9 and I had about ten different email addresses. It's just immature really.
    Nobody fucking asked you Ezra

Why the fuck am I on the spotlight all of the sudden - everything I do is microanalyzed?
    Up your fucking ass

"oooh, this isn't cool anymore, and I want to be cool"
    You are a lot more preoccupied with looking cool than I ever will be, christ alive, son.

Running you little mouth like some punk in highschool.

Nobody cares, Ezra.

It's just immature really.
    If you were mature, you would have shut up and moved on - but no, you had to get yours off two, and get your 2cents in. You know what is pathetic? Posing as mature, yet making sure you get your little pot shots in here and there, you self righteous shitface. You talk about people faking it, what is with your passing judgments on others so easily lately?

You have to be some fucked up fool to suppose I give a damn about whether anyone - especially this forum - supposes I am "cool" or not.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, it's like, what the fuck folks?

I'm not taking this shit anymore - you want to star commenting on every little action I make? That's how you want it? Fine. But don't you dare ask me about my fucking type, or my name, or anything else.

It's like why bother?

Why the fuck should I explain ANYTHING if you are just going to shit all over it?
    Fuck you, you know?
    You want a damn answer, and then I give it to you, and now you fucking don't like it - forget it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I think it's stupid. Just stick with Joy or Ezra.
    Those are already taken.
    lol
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, it's like, what the fuck folks?

I'm not taking this shit anymore - you want to star commenting on every little action I make? That's how you want it? Fine. But don't you dare ask me about my fucking type, or my name, or anything else.

It's like why bother?

Why the fuck should I explain ANYTHING if you are just going to shit all over it?
    Fuck you, you know?
    You want a damn answer, and then I give it to you, and now you fucking don't like it - forget it.
    What exactly are you angry about this time? I didn't read all stuff that lead to this. Anyways you seem kinda chaotic. And very aristocratic. I mean it feels like you are addressing the whole forum with your bitching. Why is that?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I really get angry it tends to encompass everything around me (which "sounds" like an E8 quality, though I am not saying I am one at this time).
    Aristocracy? You mean in a socionics sense? Well that would be beta or delta, as we know.

What exactly are you angry about this time?
    If you read the last page, you'd see what took place there. But this also has to do with my thread, and a various compilation of slights perceived against me. Mostly, certain peoples' attitudes were bothering me lately, and I had to address it in an outright, albeit confrontational manner.

I am not angry at this time, however.