Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: examples of "the feel" of a Si leading type

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default examples of "the feel" of a Si leading type

    I'm looking for clear Si leading examples that most (or at least a lot of people) would know, such as TV or movies characters or celebrities.

    Since the idea is to make a list of people who have the look/feel/vibe/aura/whatever of a Si leading type, we should stick to characters who are so clearly Si leading that they must be played by a Si leading type as well. (Make sense?)

    So... who do you think has the "feel" of a Si leading type? Please post examples with pics.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: examples of "the feel" of a Si leading type

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'm looking for clear Si leading examples that most (or at least a lot of people) would know, such as TV or movies characters or celebrities.

    Since the idea is to make a list of people who have the look/feel/vibe/aura/whatever of a Si leading type, we should stick to characters who are so clearly Si leading that they must be played by a Si leading type as well. (Make sense?)

    So... who do you think has the "feel" of a Si leading type? Please post examples with pics.
    Perhaps Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones series?
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

  3. #3
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indy's image is a more Se focused, don't you think?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  4. #4
    plantrootz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indiana Jones is a good example of ISTp. His career of acquiring facts through books, artifacts and his adventurism is a sign of Te. An Se type might be the one demanding for the artifacts for their museum, or something like that

  5. #5
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plantrootz
    Indiana Jones is a good example of ISTp. His career of acquiring facts through books, artifacts and his adventurism is a sign of Te. An Se type might be the one demanding for the artifacts for their museum, or something like that
    "It Belongs In A Museum!"
    "No, Dr. Jones....You do!"
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  6. #6
    plantrootz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You probably took it out of context. That is probably his Fi HA if you consider the whole situation.

  7. #7
    mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    stoppage time
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plantrootz
    You probably took it out of context. That is probably his Fi HA if you consider the whole situation.
    nah, i think Ezra's right. Indy's main purpose in the series was always to bring back the artifacts to a museum. his obsession was clearly defined in the last movie where at 16 he fought thieves for some ancient Christian artifact claiming they belonged to a museum.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

  8. #8
    mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    stoppage time
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    good example of Si leading in a fun mood.



    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIy2xUCmSMo&feature=related[/youtube]
    IEI - the nasty kind...

  9. #9
    plantrootz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    nah, i think Ezra's right. Indy's main purpose in the series was always to bring back the artifacts to a museum.
    That's a tendency better suited for Te rather than Se.

    Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    his obsession was clearly defined in the last movie where at 16 he fought thieves for some ancient Christian artifact claiming they belonged to a museum.
    Obsessing is less likely to do with type because of different competence between the same type.

    My typing is not resistant to change though.

    Kevin spacey is probably an example of Si.


    Ive read in different places that he might be ISTj or EStp, but from interviews I get the feeling of his creative Fe

  10. #10
    plantrootz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Harrison Ford - ISTp


  11. #11
    mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    stoppage time
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Obsessing is less likely to do with type because of different competence between the same type.
    poor choice of words on my part. i guess you could call it a tendency. it wasn't meant as a psychological problem.
    anyways, Indy wants the artifacts to be in museums where they can be studied and preserved. i never mentioned Se.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

  12. #12
    plantrootz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    Obsessing is less likely to do with type because of different competence between the same type.
    poor choice of words on my part. i guess you could call it a tendency. it wasn't meant as a psychological problem.
    anyways, Indy wants the artifacts to be in museums where they can be studied and preserved. i never mentioned Se.
    Okay sorry I was assuming you meant Se. Don't want to derail this thread so

    Alicia Keys - ISFp


  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah.. i wasn't sure if alicia was an ESFj?

    Si dominants, I actually don't see as calm, but very reactive/sensitive to their surroundings. For example, I know some of you don't think Angelina Jolie is an ISTp, but currently I do. She has the same sort of quick, almost fragile looking "shaking" way about her. I am not sure if this is something that is related to certain Si dominants, like ISFps, though.

    Another type of Si dominant would be a slow moving one. They also have i dunno.. distinct "squrming" movements.. Christina Ricci is a good example.

  14. #14
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plantrootz
    Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    nah, i think Ezra's right. Indy's main purpose in the series was always to bring back the artifacts to a museum.
    That's a tendency better suited for Te rather than Se.

    Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    his obsession was clearly defined in the last movie where at 16 he fought thieves for some ancient Christian artifact claiming they belonged to a museum.
    I was thinking more of his characteristic slow, monotone speech and down-to-earthness. It seemed like he just "fell into" adventures without seeking them out, simply because he like old stones and artifacts. He was by far my favorite movie character in childhood. Very individualistic, very wry, yet simple and sincere. Sure, the character had some other traits injected into him that weren't totally SLI, but overall the actor and the image fit together very successfully.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

  15. #15
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plantrootz
    Indiana Jones is a good example of ISTp. His career of acquiring facts through books, artifacts and his adventurism is a sign of Te. An Se type might be the one demanding for the artifacts for their museum, or something like that
    Yep. Pretty much.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is calista an ISFj?

  17. #17
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Is calista an ISFj?
    I LOVE Calista Flockheart... she's one of my celebrity crushes. + Ally Mcbeal was such a good show

  18. #18

    Default

    Just a everyday typical supervisory relation, ISTp fed up with listening to ENTj talk.

    Despite the aggression, notice the overall lower energy usage.

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyD8O_zILy4[/youtube]
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  19. #19
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plantrootz
    Harrison Ford - ISTp

    Who is that horribly skinny girl he is stood next to?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  20. #20
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by plantrootz
    Harrison Ford - ISTp

    Who is that horribly skinny girl he is stood next to?
    It's that Calista.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  22. #22
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For a 43-year-old woman, she looks very good.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  23. #23
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think she's either an ENFp or INFj. I think most people think INFj but I'm not convinced at all that she isn't ENFp. Infantile anyway.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  24. #24
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,625
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Mitch Hedberg is a really good example of an Si leading type. His humor is all about chilling and having a good time.

    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5VHMXG9XNoU[/youtube]

  25. #25
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I think she's either an ENFp or INFj. I think most people think INFj but I'm not convinced at all that she isn't ENFp. Infantile anyway.
    I think you're right. I'm also inclined to prefer INFj to ENFp, but it's more of an impression -- I can't think of any good argument for INFj > ENFp.

    In fact, in that picture with Harrison Ford she looks like a skinnier version of an ENFp woman I worked with for some time.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  26. #26
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by plantrootz
    Harrison Ford - ISTp

    Who is that horribly skinny girl he is stood next to?
    It's that Calista.
    Ew, one of my thighs probobly weighs more than her. I do not like that woman.

  27. #27
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Ew, one of my thighs probobly weighs more than her.
    Pic to verify
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  28. #28
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Is calista an ISFj?
    I LOVE Calista Flockheart... she's one of my celebrity crushes. + Ally Mcbeal was such a good show
    Ugh. She just looks breakable. Actresses seem to start out healthy-looking and then as they age, get that fragile, brittle look to them. I'm not sure why that's attractive.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  29. #29
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Is calista an ISFj?
    I LOVE Calista Flockheart... she's one of my celebrity crushes. + Ally Mcbeal was such a good show
    Ugh. She just looks breakable. Actresses seem to start out healthy-looking and then as they age, get that fragile, brittle look to them. I'm not sure why that's attractive.
    I'm a sick person anyways so don't get too upset over my preferences I think she looks fun!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •