Thread: Irrationality, Subtypes, Functions, and Brain Hemispheres

Default Irrationality, Subtypes, Functions, and Brain Hemispheres

I have heard various theories regarding the correlation between socionic type and brain hemispheres. As most probably know, the left hemisphere is sequential, linguistic, and orderly, while the right hemisphere is holistic, spatial, and non-linear. I have heard some say that irrationals are right-brain thinkers, while rationals left-brain. I have heard another state that it had nothing to do with irrationality/rationality, but rather subtypes, stating that those with a judging function subtype will be left-brain, and a perceiving subtype will be right-brain. Are these theories most likely correct, or is it more complicated? Or is there, in fact, a correlation between brain hemispheres and socionic type, at all?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you researched this topic at all?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to be mostly Lenore Thompson that popularized the notion that J/P was directly correlated with brain hemisphere dominance.

You may want to have a look at the "thought styles" article by Gulenko that can be found in the article section.

I don't think the correlation holds for all types. INTj's for example, are in Gulenko's Holographic Thinking catagory (Static/Negative/Result), which makes for a thinking style that is everything but linear.

Partly related: Gulenko calls Result types "inductive" and Process types "deductive".