Thread: Quadra take on a practical joke?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadra take on a practical joke?

Tell me if this was a quadra thing:

Me, INFp, ENFp sitting on a bench, INFp silently motions to push the ENFp to make him fall off, so that ENTp can sit with us, ENTp smiles but doesn't join in the action, while I do. We push him off, and start laughing like crazy (alcohol helped). Is this beta?
    ENTp and ESFj laugh a little then smile for a while, but feel kind of bad. Alpha?
    ENFp says nothing, goes inside and orders something to drink. Delta?
    Then both me and INFp go inside to offer him something to drink and make sure he's not offended, which he isn't. Beta again?
    LSI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, if I was the ENFp, I'd be offended like crazy. I'd pout and I'd probably really let the ISTj and the INFp make it up to me by being mega-extra friendly to compensate pushing me "out of the group". But depending how the entire situation looked like, being pushed off the bench might be better than being an ignored tag-along of the group.

But I think it's a very quadra thing to do. ESTp is more likely to do something as physical and fake-mean. I've found INFps to usually be very friendly people who get along with almost everyone. Such an action requires a lot of confidence in Se and a slightly weaker Fi.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to put people in that situation. It's because I've had it done to me in the past, and I know it makes people feel like shit. It's a really harsh thing to do to someone.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be offended. And do something like that: I wouldn't do that to someone too. Like seriously, wtf?
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ 1 for alcohol
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get offended. You're drunk, and it's clear you're trying to be mischevious, so what's the big deal?

I'd probably end up crowd-surfing you, though.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quadra take on a practical joke?

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    Tell me if this was a quadra thing:

Me, INFp, ENFp sitting on a bench, INFp silently motions to push the ENFp to make him fall off, so that ENTp can sit with us, ENTp smiles but doesn't join in the action, while I do. We push him off, and start laughing like crazy (alcohol helped). Is this beta?
    ENTp and ESFj laugh a little then smile for a while, but feel kind of bad. Alpha?
    ENFp says nothing, goes inside and orders something to drink. Delta?
    Then both me and INFp go inside to offer him something to drink and make sure he's not offended, which he isn't. Beta again?
    yeah my ISTj friend did that a lot too! pull the chair out from under me, etc.! I hated it.. and it hit my polr

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I'm sure there'd be a fight occurring shortly after if I were the one to hit the ground, if not just a full shove across the bar to the person that did it before my friends caught me. Then I'd give them a really mean look to where they'd know to never even go there again. Later on I'd laugh it off and get over it.
    This of course all depends on the amount of alcohol consumed beforehand. I'd imagine if I were actually shitfaced I'd laugh my ass off and not care.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah he wasn't gonna be offended. We all know and love him and he knows that, it was just a joke, no way any of us would interpret it as pushing him "out of the group".
    And we were only slightly drunk.
    INFp would have been offended for a while (c:
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    But I think it's a very quadra thing to do. ESTp is more likely to do something as physical and fake-mean. I've found INFps to usually be very friendly people who get along with almost everyone. Such an action requires a lot of confidence in Se and a slightly weaker Fi.
    Well actually he had the idea, but I started counting down from three and pushing, I don't think he'd have done it by himself.
    LSI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well actually he had the idea, but I started counting down from three and pushing, I don't think he'd have done it by himself.
    lol, I should have known you were behind this!

And don't you think it's an excellant example of quadra interaction. The Ni provides the idea in that Fe group atmosphere and the Se type makes it a reality!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no Gamma, hm?

are we not loved? How saaaaad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn
    no Gamma, hm?

are we not loved? How saaaaad.
    Not in that group, no (c:
    Probably because it's heavy on alphas.
    LSI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be inclined to to counter the joke, pick on the LSI and IEI on the IEE's behalf. not sure why.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I should have known you were behind this!

And don't you think it's an excellant example of quadra interaction. The Ni provides the idea in that Fe group atmosphere and the Se type makes it a reality!