Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 84

Thread: EII-SLI Activity Relations (INFj and ISTp)

  1. #1
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default EII-SLI Activity Relations (INFj and ISTp)

    I don't seem to find any threads on this in Delta. One of my best friends is ISTp. It's funny how that is, considering that we basically almost never talk to each other due to long distance. It's one of those things that you don't need to work on, which is odd.

    I've known quite a few ISTps, and I seem to get along well with the more types. Of course, it also depends on a lot of factors. One of my favorite activities is to tease them , it's a lot of fun and they tend to like it too. Like for example, how a lot of the ISTps I know have crappy handwriting and spelling... I know it might sound strange, but teasing to me is a way of showing you care about someone, or at least, that I am comfortable being with you. Sometimes though, it can sound a little nasty.... There is this one time I was working with an ISTp and ESTj, though we weren't really "working," just talking and having work papers in front of us . We were talking about racial things, and how people get easily offended by slurs. However, we started to get a little hyper (maybe due to the activity relation) and for some reason the ESTj started to get uncomfortable in how we were laughing at racial slurs and what not (in an sort of way) and it just ruined the moment. Of course I felt bad once he got on us, but it was funny at the time... Also, the ISTp and I were saying nasty stuff to each other and acting pissed but in a "not really meaning it" way ( absence?). I know better than to do that to ESTjs. However, this guy did it to the ESTj which ended up hitting him on the head with papers , very funny moment.

    Has any INFj and ISTp here had an activity relation experience?

  2. #2
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *slaps to the face*

    Upon later realization, I think this does not help give me a good image... But on the other hand, I don't believe in deleting posts, so me coming off as an asshole will have to stay . My apologies...

  3. #3
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep. My best mate in HS is an INFj. We intuitively knew what each other was feeling in each situation. While I would crack jokes, his insights always made me think, so we have mutual benefits.

    He's a cynical fuck though, which is where part of the humor comes from. We're still friends, even though he lives in boston and i'm in california. In fact, im seeing him for thanksgiving.

  4. #4
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edited - better not say anything positive about EIIs
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you mean following principles?

  6. #6
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Courage Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:54 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    edited - better not say anything positive about EIIs
    Blah, if people don't like it let them deal with it :wink:.

    Ms. Kensington Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:09 pm Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    you mean following principles?
    It's not principles though. The problem was that I failed to think that what I wrote might in some way offend certain people, and make me look like an asshole, who doesn't care about other people's feelings about certain issues.

    LokiVanguard Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:48 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yep. My best mate in HS is an INFj. We intuitively knew what each other was feeling in each situation. While I would crack jokes, his insights always made me think, so we have mutual benefits.

    He's a cynical fuck though, which is where part of the humor comes from. We're still friends, even though he lives in boston and i'm in california. In fact, im seeing him for thanksgiving.
    Well, there is cynical in my jokes, but I like to make fun of how we follow certain conventions in dialogue and action. Like for example, if someone asks me "can I borrow this for a second?" I'll say "no..." and keep working. After a second I'll smile to let the person know I was joking and hand him/her what was being asked for. I also enjoy sarcasm like "thanks for turning off the light so that I can kill myself passing through all the furniture."

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's funny - I've known one istp-infj married couple, and it's one of the first things I noticed about them. They love to banter sarcastically with each other. It's really cute.

  8. #8
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does anyone know the difference between an ISTp-Si and ISTp-Te? I do see two different types of ISTps, but I don't know which is which. One type enjoys sports and makes an effort to hide the Fe polr by wanting almost desperately to be popular, while another isn't really active, more towards the money making and stability, and doesn't care about Fe. Would the latter be a Te subtype?

  9. #9
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno
    Does anyone know the difference between an ISTp-Si and ISTp-Te? I do see two different types of ISTps, but I don't know which is which. One type enjoys sports and makes an effort to hide the Fe polr by wanting almost desperately to be popular, while another isn't really active, more towards the money making and stability, and doesn't care about Fe. Would the latter be a Te subtype?
    I am not really sure if that has to do with different subtypes.
    Perhaps it could be explained better by enneagram differences.

    Are you sure the first one is ISTp?

    Here are some descriptions on subtypes:
    Sensory- logical introvert: MASTER
    View SLI is variable: first it is directed toward one point, then, unnoticeably entire noticing, slides along the surrounding objects. The eyes calm, cold, serious, but if collocutor causes arrangement - soften. The expression of eyes reflects the general relation to those surrounding - it the ironic, the affectionate, the politely- apathetic.
    Mimicry - monotonous, frequently thickened, sometimes animated, but only according to the situation it is short-term. In essence face looks like the impenetrable mask. Smile is more frequent that restrained, although it is unexpectedly open. The expression of face usually is a little mocking.
    It is held confidently, but not it is demonstrative, with the merit, it does not love, when they scrutinize it, it prefers to be in the shadow. It is cold, unapproachable. Poses assume convenient, weakened, frequently slightly it slips down from the chair. The least discomfort in the situation notes: noise, unpleasant smells, a change in the temperature. It is very enterprising in questions of creation and maintenance of the necessary comfort, but without the excesses. Values, first of all, convenience.

    DECORATOR
    Sensory subtype is modest and nedemonstrativen, is restrained and polite, obstinate and beskompromissen in settling of its interests. It argues its position by logic and by facts, but by the not devised reason. At times it is pensive, it departs to itself, it distances itself from those surrounding, being immersed in its problems. Are somewhat forged in the contact, it is laconic, but now and then he tries at raspolagayushche to smile, if he feels, that appears the tension in the conversation. It dresses with the taste, it loves original, qualitative, but modest things, it follows the health, the figure, the appearance. Aesthete, loves manual work. It is thorough and tedious. It is patient and persistent. If its matter carries along, it untiring improves its production - material or intellectual. Sometimes it needs change in the occupations, but he tries everything to lead to the end. It usually has the gracefully- lazy gestures, smooth and in this case confident and precise motions. Gait somewhat weakened, elastic. It does not love to hurry, but also it is not sluggish. It seems a little haughty.

    INNOVATOR
    Logical subtype is held on the distance, they will lock, now and then cuttings it is straight-line. It is very independent and proud, it enters in the manner that to it it is convenient. In the conversation it is prickly and ironic, but it becomes affable and interested, if sympathy and respect are experienced to the collocutor. After noting that it offended man, it will regret about this, it softens, converts everything into the joke or it begins to be apologized, to calm. The vulnerability and sensitiveness hides itself behind the external inaccessibility. It is impatient and mobile, it loves constant changes and new impressions. It is active, operational and it is very thoughtful. It does not love discomfort in any manifestations. Therefore he tries to correct everything, to repair and to adapt for the convenience. It is required, reliable and punctual. It is exacting to itself and by others. It behaves with the cold merit, but it is emotional. Behavior is not predicted: the unexpected passages from the cold contemplativeness to the impulse actions. The gestures are impulsive, are decisive. Gait rapid, measured off.
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9001

    subtype by sexual behavior
    ISTp
    MASTER - sensory- logical introvert
    Sensory subtype: it knows how to intrigue partner, it is leisurely in the enjoyment, it is very thoughtful, the aim is reaching of the highest accordion. It is sexual and inventive in the erotic. It values beauty and aesthetics. It will not carry monotony. It knows how to introduce the element of game into the relations. It is very sensitive and inclined to the apathy. It commands moderately reasonable and lenient partner with the rich fantasy and the variable behavior. Monotony in the relations reduces the tone of his feelings. At the same time, it irritate people with too initiative-taking, liderskim a nature.

    Logical subtype: it doubts its feelings, but it is daring and initiative-taking in the erotic, he thinks more about the sensations of partner, and already then about his own. It attains high sexual technology. Now and then it is cuttings and it is impatient. It is not sentimental, he tries to speak about feelings in the witty form. It is inclined to the stable relations with one partner. It is jealous and distrustful, but it hides this under the mask of imperturbability. It is characterized by the sharp change of moods, frequently is skeptical. Internally we wound and it is inclined to despondency. It needs the optimistically disposed person, who knows how to encourage, to be absorbed in by interesting prospects.
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9120
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno
    Does anyone know the difference between an ISTp-Si and ISTp-Te? I do see two different types of ISTps, but I don't know which is which. One type enjoys sports and makes an effort to hide the Fe polr by wanting almost desperately to be popular, while another isn't really active, more towards the money making and stability, and doesn't care about Fe. Would the latter be a Te subtype?
    The Si subtypes I have known seem more like the money making, stability seeking types. I dated a Te subtype who was much more outgoing, wanting to be popular, wanting recognition for his acomplishments, etc, then any Si subtype I have known. Not sure if this is true for most sub-types.

    I also tend to get along better with Te subtype then with Si subtype. I like the Te insight. At times Si subtype has seemed too worried about physical space and their own surroundings. Depending on the situation and the actual Istp-Si, Si can come off as selfish to me, unwilling to cooperate, and stingy, even cruel.
    EII 4w5

    so/sx (?)

  11. #11
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tend to have my Si moments i guess going from those descriptions posted, but I generally act ISTp-Te most of the time.

    I've probably got some form of both? I love sports and motion, but I also love to laze around on my ass when I have time off. I'm thinking that's more of a IP thing though. WHatever.

  12. #12
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [spoil:f736aaf8e3]
    UDP Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:13 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Sereno wrote:
    Does anyone know the difference between an ISTp-Si and ISTp-Te? I do see two different types of ISTps, but I don't know which is which. One type enjoys sports and makes an effort to hide the Fe polr by wanting almost desperately to be popular, while another isn't really active, more towards the money making and stability, and doesn't care about Fe. Would the latter be a Te subtype?
    I am not really sure if that has to do with different subtypes.
    Perhaps it could be explained better by enneagram differences.

    Are you sure the first one is ISTp?

    Here are some descriptions on subtypes:
    Quote:
    Sensory- logical introvert: MASTER
    View SLI is variable: first it is directed toward one point, then, unnoticeably entire noticing, slides along the surrounding objects. The eyes calm, cold, serious, but if collocutor causes arrangement - soften. The expression of eyes reflects the general relation to those surrounding - it the ironic, the affectionate, the politely- apathetic.
    Mimicry - monotonous, frequently thickened, sometimes animated, but only according to the situation it is short-term. In essence face looks like the impenetrable mask. Smile is more frequent that restrained, although it is unexpectedly open. The expression of face usually is a little mocking.
    It is held confidently, but not it is demonstrative, with the merit, it does not love, when they scrutinize it, it prefers to be in the shadow. It is cold, unapproachable. Poses assume convenient, weakened, frequently slightly it slips down from the chair. The least discomfort in the situation notes: noise, unpleasant smells, a change in the temperature. It is very enterprising in questions of creation and maintenance of the necessary comfort, but without the excesses. Values, first of all, convenience.

    DECORATOR
    Sensory subtype is modest and nedemonstrativen, is restrained and polite, obstinate and beskompromissen in settling of its interests. It argues its position by logic and by facts, but by the not devised reason. At times it is pensive, it departs to itself, it distances itself from those surrounding, being immersed in its problems. Are somewhat forged in the contact, it is laconic, but now and then he tries at raspolagayushche to smile, if he feels, that appears the tension in the conversation. It dresses with the taste, it loves original, qualitative, but modest things, it follows the health, the figure, the appearance. Aesthete, loves manual work. It is thorough and tedious. It is patient and persistent. If its matter carries along, it untiring improves its production - material or intellectual. Sometimes it needs change in the occupations, but he tries everything to lead to the end. It usually has the gracefully- lazy gestures, smooth and in this case confident and precise motions. Gait somewhat weakened, elastic. It does not love to hurry, but also it is not sluggish. It seems a little haughty.

    INNOVATOR
    Logical subtype is held on the distance, they will lock, now and then cuttings it is straight-line. It is very independent and proud, it enters in the manner that to it it is convenient. In the conversation it is prickly and ironic, but it becomes affable and interested, if sympathy and respect are experienced to the collocutor. After noting that it offended man, it will regret about this, it softens, converts everything into the joke or it begins to be apologized, to calm. The vulnerability and sensitiveness hides itself behind the external inaccessibility. It is impatient and mobile, it loves constant changes and new impressions. It is active, operational and it is very thoughtful. It does not love discomfort in any manifestations. Therefore he tries to correct everything, to repair and to adapt for the convenience. It is required, reliable and punctual. It is exacting to itself and by others. It behaves with the cold merit, but it is emotional. Behavior is not predicted: the unexpected passages from the cold contemplativeness to the impulse actions. The gestures are impulsive, are decisive. Gait rapid, measured off.
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9001

    subtype by sexual behavior
    Quote:
    ISTp
    MASTER - sensory- logical introvert
    Sensory subtype: it knows how to intrigue partner, it is leisurely in the enjoyment, it is very thoughtful, the aim is reaching of the highest accordion. It is sexual and inventive in the erotic. It values beauty and aesthetics. It will not carry monotony. It knows how to introduce the element of game into the relations. It is very sensitive and inclined to the apathy. It commands moderately reasonable and lenient partner with the rich fantasy and the variable behavior. Monotony in the relations reduces the tone of his feelings. At the same time, it irritate people with too initiative-taking, liderskim a nature.

    Logical subtype: it doubts its feelings, but it is daring and initiative-taking in the erotic, he thinks more about the sensations of partner, and already then about his own. It attains high sexual technology. Now and then it is cuttings and it is impatient. It is not sentimental, he tries to speak about feelings in the witty form. It is inclined to the stable relations with one partner. It is jealous and distrustful, but it hides this under the mask of imperturbability. It is characterized by the sharp change of moods, frequently is skeptical. Internally we wound and it is inclined to despondency. It needs the optimistically disposed person, who knows how to encourage, to be absorbed in by interesting prospects.
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9120
    [/spoil:f736aaf8e3]
    Yep, I'm sure that both types I mention are ISTp. It's a shame that the Russian descriptions you posted aren't perfectly translated though. To be honest, I can understand the words but the meaning of the sentences is messed up to me.


    Christy B Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:16 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Sereno wrote:
    Does anyone know the difference between an ISTp-Si and ISTp-Te? I do see two different types of ISTps, but I don't know which is which. One type enjoys sports and makes an effort to hide the Fe polr by wanting almost desperately to be popular, while another isn't really active, more towards the money making and stability, and doesn't care about Fe. Would the latter be a Te subtype?
    The Si subtypes I have known seem more like the money making, stability seeking types. I dated a Te subtype who was much more outgoing, wanting to be popular, wanting recognition for his acomplishments, etc, then any Si subtype I have known. Not sure if this is true for most sub-types.

    I also tend to get along better with Te subtype then with Si subtype. I like the Te insight. At times Si subtype has seemed too worried about physical space and their own surroundings. Depending on the situation and the actual Istp-Si, Si can come off as selfish to me, unwilling to cooperate, and stingy, even cruel.
    I mixed it up before then, the Te one is the one seeking the popularity. I'm trying to determine what subtype would I fall into based on the other types' sub that I get along with better (in this case ISTp), though I generally like all ISTp, except for the psycho ones. I have met the ISTps you mention that are in paticular stingy and even cruel, though all SLIs are Scrooge McDucks to me .


    LokiVanguard Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:54 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I tend to have my Si moments i guess going from those descriptions posted, but I generally act ISTp-Te most of the time.

    I've probably got some form of both? I love sports and motion, but I also love to laze around on my ass when I have time off. I'm thinking that's more of a IP thing though. WHatever.
    .

  13. #13
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Scrooges?! Really? I've only recently learned to try and have at least $100 in my account I spend it all. Mostly on snowboardin stuff hee.

    How many different SLI's have you met? I've met ONE INFj. I've honestly tested for both subtypes so I can't tell you which one I fall into with any certainty. I just know my handwriting sucks, i'm bad at spelling, but I make some pretty good speeches.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    Scrooges?! Really? I've only recently learned to try and have at least $100 in my account I spend it all. Mostly on snowboardin stuff hee.

    How many different SLI's have you met? I've met ONE INFj. I've honestly tested for both subtypes so I can't tell you which one I fall into with any certainty. I just know my handwriting sucks, i'm bad at spelling, but I make some pretty good speeches.
    Te subtype ex-boyfriend (Te is REALLY strong- When I first met him I thought he was LSE) is not good with keeping money. He spends it as soon as he gets it, and then borrows from everyone around him. After a couple yrs together the guys owes me at least $10,000. He is more interested in spending money on his interests/ projects (building cars) than anything else.

    Having said those things, he is a really weird person in spite of socionics type, so this may not be indicative of any type traits.
    EII 4w5

    so/sx (?)

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,625
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno
    Does anyone know the difference between an ISTp-Si and ISTp-Te? I do see two different types of ISTps, but I don't know which is which. One type enjoys sports and makes an effort to hide the Fe polr by wanting almost desperately to be popular, while another isn't really active, more towards the money making and stability, and doesn't care about Fe. Would the latter be a Te subtype?
    The former is definitely Te, the latter is definitely Si. If we look at the types as a continuum with temperament as a boundary, a Te ISTp is more likely to display similarity with gamma behavior rather than a Si, and thus more likely to want to be popular.

    My Te-ISTp friend - we get along great in spite of supervision? - has as much worse spending habits as me every time he has some money he just spends it. Generally you have two types (a single person can change during his lifetime, though) - the outgoing, sporty and mildly womanizing type (only when not in a relationship) which is NOT stingy and wastes money on everything; the more intellectual and studious type that is very reserved and very good at saving money but not at all outgoing (and to my eyes much less happy than the other subtype). I do notice though that this separation can be made pratctically for every type, though.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Then what would you say about Te and Si LSE subtypes, FDG?
    According to Meged, the Te subtype LSE is more reserved.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  17. #17
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My Te-ISTp friend - we get along great in spite of supervision? - has as much worse spending habits as me Laughing every time he has some money he just spends it. Generally you have two types (a single person can change during his lifetime, though) - the outgoing, sporty and mildly womanizing type (only when not in a relationship) which is NOT stingy and wastes money on everything; the more intellectual and studious type that is very reserved and very good at saving money but not at all outgoing (and to my eyes much less happy than the other subtype). I do notice though that this separation can be made pratctically for every type, though.
    Guess i'm Te then. There ya go. :/

  18. #18
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LokiVanguard Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:55 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Scrooges?! Really? I've only recently learned to try and have at least $100 in my account I spend it all. Mostly on snowboardin stuff hee.

    How many different SLI's have you met? I've met ONE INFj. I've honestly tested for both subtypes so I can't tell you which one I fall into with any certainty. I just know my handwriting sucks, i'm bad at spelling, but I make some pretty good speeches.
    Ha... That was my general impression, which has not yet taken into account the Te subs. I have met more than a handful of ISTps, they seem to pop up like gremlins in a pool. Actually, where I go there are many delta STs... I'm not going to reveal anymore though .

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno
    LokiVanguard Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:55 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Scrooges?! Really? I've only recently learned to try and have at least $100 in my account I spend it all. Mostly on snowboardin stuff hee.

    How many different SLI's have you met? I've met ONE INFj. I've honestly tested for both subtypes so I can't tell you which one I fall into with any certainty. I just know my handwriting sucks, i'm bad at spelling, but I make some pretty good speeches.
    Ha... That was my general impression, which has not yet taken into account the Te subs. I have met more than a handful of ISTps, they seem to pop up like gremlins in a pool. Actually, where I go there are many delta STs... I'm not going to reveal anymore though .
    ?
    EII 4w5

    so/sx (?)

  20. #20
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Christy B Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:11 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Sereno wrote:
    Quote:
    LokiVanguard Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:55 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Scrooges?! Really? I've only recently learned to try and have at least $100 in my account I spend it all. Mostly on snowboardin stuff hee.

    How many different SLI's have you met? I've met ONE INFj. I've honestly tested for both subtypes so I can't tell you which one I fall into with any certainty. I just know my handwriting sucks, i'm bad at spelling, but I make some pretty good speeches.
    Ha... That was my general impression, which has not yet taken into account the Te subs. I have met more than a handful of ISTps, they seem to pop up like gremlins in a pool. Actually, where I go there are many delta STs... I'm not going to reveal anymore though .


    ?
    Yeah, this is a public forum :wink: .

    There is one thing that I'm still not getting: Why is it that the more Te subtypes are worse with money and less conservative than the Si subs? I thought Te was more serious and wanting to attain money/success. This is a little confusing...

  21. #21
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Public forum but PRIVATE messaging as well

    I'm curious, PM me what you mean
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  22. #22
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    La curiosité a tué le chat...

  23. #23
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,625
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Then what would you say about Te and Si LSE subtypes, FDG?
    According to Meged, the Te subtype LSE is more reserved.
    Yeah I agree with meged!!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  24. #24
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm posting this here because it has to do with my perspective. I have a few questions for the ISTps here, if you guys want to answer of course:

    - I seem to get the same answer from ISTps concerning the verbal display of affection, in that they "just don't want/need to hear it." Is this because it's uncomfortable, unsure if the person is telling the truth? Is this something that you deny completely, but deep inside you like hearing?

    - Is there a reason for showing that you're lazy to other people? It's strange because I know they are not lazy when it counts, but they seem to put this "chillaxed" mood all the time which is frustrating...

    - Follow up to the previous question: What would be your happiest environment in general, as in life environment? First, if there are no people, and then, with people.

    I'm curious.

  25. #25
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Actually, where I go there are many delta STs... I'm not going to reveal anymore though .
    Delta origies?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Delta origies?
    I think that is an oxymoron.
    EII 4w5

    so/sx (?)

  27. #27
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My ISTp roommate and I have had some interesting times over these past four years of living together. In terms of our interaction though it's mostly when we've both been pretty messed up and had some very Ne discussions, such as pointing out various constellations and talking about the size of the planet, the size of the solar system, the galaxy, the universe, and how we are so small compared to it all, or how we might have a purpose to our lives if we each could only find it and make it our own. I have to admit I do most of the talking in those situations but he always says how he likes to have those type of discussions, even if he's just listening. On the other hand, he's always impressed me with how he goes about getting things done, like when we both worked at UPS and he'd resolve his problems so efficiently and directly. It always amazed me how he'd get as much done as I did and I'd absolutely exhaust myself in the process.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  28. #28
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I'm posting this here because it has to do with my perspective. I have a few questions for the ISTps here, if you guys want to answer of course:

    - I seem to get the same answer from ISTps concerning the verbal display of affection, in that they "just don't want/need to hear it." Is this because it's uncomfortable, unsure if the person is telling the truth? Is this something that you deny completely, but deep inside you like hearing?
    I knew this INFj girl that had the ability to verbally and openly without any hesitation or embarassment just say how she felt about absolutely everything (and I mean EVERYTHING). It was sort of crazy and relieving, crazy because I would never do such a thing in a million years and it felt relieving since she could just get all that crap off her back just like that. I was envious of that.

    But why don't I give out such information? IDK, I don't like to think about it. Just uncomfortable I guess, when I see people trying to explain it on the forums and type descriptions it makes sense but it's not right.

    And everyone likes verbal displays of affection, that are directed at them.


    - Is there a reason for showing that you're lazy to other people? It's strange because I know they are not lazy when it counts, but they seem to put this "chillaxed" mood all the time which is frustrating...
    I'm not really in a chillaxed mood ever personally, just a kind of weird aloofness when I'm not actively doing anything. But anyway I don't personally try to make myself look anything unless I really have too. Some ISTps might have the image of that that they might have to live up to.

    I think this overly relaxed image could also be attributed to INTps. And is probably more likely to be attributed to them IMO.


    - Follow up to the previous question: What would be your happiest environment in general, as in life environment? First, if there are no people, and then, with people.
    ??? Answer it later?

  29. #29
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    - I seem to get the same answer from ISTps concerning the verbal display of affection, in that they "just don't want/need to hear it." Is this because it's uncomfortable, unsure if the person is telling the truth? Is this something that you deny completely, but deep inside you like hearing?
    It's uncomfortable. Mainly because I know the other person is expecting me to say something "emotional" in response and I don't have that ability. It's like pulling teeth. I really don't like hearing it. I like to know how they feel about me so i know where i stand, but I don't like hearing it. Tell me once and be done with it.

    Is there a reason for showing that you're lazy to other people? It's strange because I know they are not lazy when it counts, but they seem to put this "chillaxed" mood all the time which is frustrating.
    I'm not aware that I project that image but people have asked why I'm not more motivated. A few have been downright ignorant about it. I don't realize I come off that way. I don't do it intentionally. I would never want to appear lazy. But i am. Oh well.

    Follow up to the previous question: What would be your happiest environment in general, as in life environment? First, if there are no people, and then, with people.
    You can't escape people. As long as i'm happy it doesn't matter where I am. I can't say what my ideal environment would be. I could never see myself being consistantly happy in one environment for too long.

  30. #30
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    It's uncomfortable. Mainly because I know the other person is expecting me to say something "emotional" in response and I don't have that ability. It's like pulling teeth. I really don't like hearing it. I like to know how they feel about me so i know where i stand, but I don't like hearing it. Tell me once and be done with it.
    My ex pissed me off to no end with this. Constantly needing my emotional state. ugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    In terms of our interaction though it's mostly when we've both been pretty messed up and had some very Ne discussions, such as pointing out various constellations and talking about the size of the planet, the size of the solar system, the galaxy, the universe, and how we are so small compared to it all, or how we might have a purpose to our lives if we each could only find it and make it our own.
    I've always felt like I didn't contribute much to these discussions (but yes i find it fascinating)... and now I know!

  31. #31
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Delta origies?
    lol, how did you know?!!?!?!? OK, it's in engineering (except industrial, which I think is more Beta-Gamma).

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    My ISTp roommate and I have had some interesting times over these past four years of living together. In terms of our interaction though it's mostly when we've both been pretty messed up and had some very Ne discussions, such as pointing out various constellations and talking about the size of the planet, the size of the solar system, the galaxy, the universe, and how we are so small compared to it all, or how we might have a purpose to our lives if we each could only find it and make it our own. I have to admit I do most of the talking in those situations but he always says how he likes to have those type of discussions, even if he's just listening. On the other hand, he's always impressed me with how he goes about getting things done, like when we both worked at UPS and he'd resolve his problems so efficiently and directly. It always amazed me how he'd get as much done as I did and I'd absolutely exhaust myself in the process.
    Yeah, they do seem to like that, though I see that they make some stuff out to be "out-of-this-world" when I think that it really isn't. I think that they like things that "rock their world," as in creative type thinking, looking at things from different perspectives, etc. This dynamic can be funny: ENTp-INFj and ISTp. I've been in this situation, where the ENTp and me get into discussing/arguing about physics in the universe and the ISTp is listening.

    Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    I knew this INFj girl that had the ability to verbally and openly without any hesitation or embarassment just say how she felt about absolutely everything (and I mean EVERYTHING). It was sort of crazy and relieving, crazy because I would never do such a thing in a million years and it felt relieving since she could just get all that crap off her back just like that. I was envious of that.
    Hopefully, I would get to that point. I am not exactly sure about what you refer to about "everything," but with certain friends I could talk about literally everything. I think this has to with Fi-Te, in that I try to look at things (potentially uncomfortable ones) as just "it is what it is," and if they need to be said in order to become closer to someone then so be it.

    Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    But why don't I give out such information? IDK, I don't like to think about it. Just uncomfortable I guess, when I see people trying to explain it on the forums and type descriptions it makes sense but it's not right.

    And everyone likes verbal displays of affection, that are directed at them.
    It's ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    It's uncomfortable. Mainly because I know the other person is expecting me to say something "emotional" in response and I don't have that ability. It's like pulling teeth. I really don't like hearing it. I like to know how they feel about me so i know where i stand, but I don't like hearing it. Tell me once and be done with it.

    I'm not aware that I project that image but people have asked why I'm not more motivated. A few have been downright ignorant about it. I don't realize I come off that way. I don't do it intentionally. I would never want to appear lazy. But i am. Oh well.

    You can't escape people. As long as i'm happy it doesn't matter where I am. I can't say what my ideal environment would be. I could never see myself being consistantly happy in one environment for too long.
    That's what I thought. What makes it hard for me to get closer to some ISTps is that I have to basically follow my gut in terms of what they are feeling, and disregard everything they do in the outside. I also don't like emotional responses, but it's not that I can't return it, it's just that it tires and confuses me after a while. I don't like it to be my venue for what I am feeling. The problem with me following my gut is that I just don't like thinking things without some degree of certainty. I really need to be told things directly sometimes (be in un-emotionally or emotionally), and not be trying to figure it out myself because it is tiring. Dammit, I feel like Sherlock Holmes sometimes trying to determine how I make people feel and what they are feeling, to the point that I just go "fuck it."

    Though I never forget a heartfelt comment from an ISTp, it's a wow moment right there. I can still remember after a very long time...

    Thanks for all the responses.

  32. #32
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    - I seem to get the same answer from ISTps concerning the verbal display of affection, in that they "just don't want/need to hear it." Is this because it's uncomfortable, unsure if the person is telling the truth? Is this something that you deny completely, but deep inside you like hearing?
    Really depends on who it's coming from. Verbal diarhea can be entertaining and endearing if there's no expectations involved. If it's more pointed and designed for a response on my part, that's a no-no. I will say, however, that there is a personality out there that can be pointed without being intrusive, and I appreciate that very much.

    - Is there a reason for showing that you're lazy to other people? It's strange because I know they are not lazy when it counts, but they seem to put this "chillaxed" mood all the time which is frustrating...
    Why the hell would that be frustrating?

    - Follow up to the previous question: What would be your happiest environment in general, as in life environment? First, if there are no people, and then, with people.
    Obviously with no people. Definitely reflects my lifestyle.

  33. #33
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Why the hell would that be frustrating?
    Well, I actually think that it's really funny at the same time. Though I get frustrated when things take forever to get done and a deadline is approaching, and I do see that they like to do things without being rushed.

    Here's an example: There was this one time I was in a group with two ISTps and we had to redo a report in one hour because it got erased... Under tight deadlines I go into micro-time-management mode, and have an idea at about what time we need to get each step done, who gets to do what, etc. So I basically tell them that at :45 we need to start printing the report, etc. During the hour I had to tell them to stop talking and focus, since they were working as if they had all the time in the world. It's not that I get mad because of that, since I do think that it's bad to live life stressfully, but I believe that it's a good thing to show an "I'm on it and I have to finish this soon" attitude sometimes too. It's frustrating for me when I have to push people to work, because I don't like doing it.

  34. #34
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd hate it if you did it to me, but if we were on a team i'd understand that it'd have to be done I suppose.

  35. #35
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    ...
    Ah! In a work situation I can definitely see why a couple of goof-offs might be frustrating! When I read your post I was thinking of informal social situations.

  36. #36
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I'd hate it if you did it to me, but if we were on a team i'd understand that it'd have to be done I suppose.
    And I hate doing it, since I come out as the uncool, stuck-up badguy. Also, I hate it when people bring this side out of me, because it's not really "me."

  37. #37
    Twist-Tie Spider iAnnAu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxhell TN
    Posts
    987
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I'm posting this here because it has to do with my perspective. I have a few questions for the ISTps here, if you guys want to answer of course:

    - I seem to get the same answer from ISTps concerning the verbal display of affection, in that they "just don't want/need to hear it." Is this because it's uncomfortable, unsure if the person is telling the truth? Is this something that you deny completely, but deep inside you like hearing?

    - Is there a reason for showing that you're lazy to other people? It's strange because I know they are not lazy when it counts, but they seem to put this "chillaxed" mood all the time which is frustrating...

    - Follow up to the previous question: What would be your happiest environment in general, as in life environment? First, if there are no people, and then, with people.

    I'm curious.
    Affection: I've always noticed that I can't take compliments, and I'm even worse at giving them. I get caught up in this mental loop of "What did P mean when P said X" - it always seems to have more to do with what's going on within the other person than something about me. So then when I get the inclination to give a compliment, it turns around to where I wonder what's going on within me that I feel like saying that to them ... as well as wondering if I'm not going to say something that they'll interpret differently than I intended. So I usually get frustrated and say nothing. It's easier on me for example when people make jokes out of compliments, like if I made a 100 on a test & one of my friends said, "What, you didn't blow the teacher for a 110?"

    Laziness: This is funny, because I have a habit of pointing out to people that I'm lazy. But it's certainly subjective, because when it comes to certain things I'm downright fastidious. I think it has to do with wanting to be underestimated, as well as feeling self-contained. I like to observe people, too - this requires a low profile! BTW, if you find it frustrating, then the ISTp in question has failed to project the right type of "chillaxed" - unless of course their reasons are completely diff than mine!

    Environment, no people:
    1. An outdoor natural playground where I can explore outer and inner environments according to my momentary whims ... or
    2. On the way to a new place or experience and needing to exert some kind of intermediate acceptance of the moment that strikes a balance between anticipation of the new & unknown, which excites me, and the anxiety of not-yet-ness (for lack of a better word ), which requires patience. (Actually, this is hard to describe - I just know that there are times when I'm traveling when the whole of existence just seems so right, as if my internal rhythms are fully expressed in the rhythm of my progress toward the destination, and it's not about the scenery, the speed, or anything else but a ... ??? complete in-between-ness ???? hmmm. I guess this is an unfinished thought.)
    3. Engaged in self-edification, such as writing journals, reading journals, organizing my photos, reading nonfiction (and annotating when I exert the discipline), doing math puzzles, trying out new skills such as cooking or making things with power tools (while I don't mind doing those things with others, I feel much more free to fail by myself, and then it's fun during the process no matter the outcome).

    Environments, with people:
    1. One on one, with activity or subject matter to provide context. When I live with others, I tend to be in my room with the door closed unless an activity or conversation is underway/pending. I don't mind silences, and will not usually make an effort to fill them for the sake of filling them, but since I prefer my own company I don't see the point in engaging others unless there's something to engage them on/with.
    2. Small groups where everybody knows each other and a conversation can be conducted without many interruptions. I'll often still get locked into an activity or subject matter, such as playing pool or talking about music, but I've learned that some people will take five minutes to make their pool shot, so it's probably more about giving myself something to fidget over rather than trying to add cohesion to the interaction!
    3. If I find myself in a large group, I notice I wander aimlessly & endlessly. Watching different groups with a little smile on my face. I can't get deep into a conversation, and everybody knows a different subset of the whole, so I refuse to "glom on" to an individual as my anchor. I've also been known to talk a walk around the block in order to "recharge" so that I don't go home quite as early.

    As for ISTps having bad handwriting and poor spelling - hmmmm. I guess as a compulsive reader who wants to be a writer one day, I've overcome this tendency? Or maybe it's not really an ISTp trait & the ones you've known just happen to have it for other reasons?

    I see things in both subtypes that fit me, and that don't fit me. I would guess I'm more the logical subtype, although the jealousy part is a big contradiction ... I'll look elsewhere for more info & chime back in later (maybe).
    Last edited by iAnnAu; 01-18-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Ha! fixed a grammar mistake in the block where I talk about my strength in this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

  38. #38
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    Environments, with people:
    1. One on one, with activity or subject matter to provide context. When I live with others, I tend to be in my room with the door closed unless an activity or conversation is underway/pending. I don't mind silences, and will not usually make an effort to fill them for the sake of filling them, but since I prefer my own company I don't see the point in engaging others unless there's something to engage them on/with.
    So your ideal environment is basically being by yourself? It sucks when I want to spend time with someone and they prefer to be alone, or they just don't really make an effort to do something with you. The two big issues I currently have with ISTps is this and their way of just "tuning off" situations, or just letting them go. This is what I mean: We can be having a conversation and then I might say something that apparently was inappropriate, and I get this heated response. So, then I want to set things straight and apologize by sending an e-mail, which then I get a response that I am being too sensitive. The problem I have with this is that I honestly want to learn more about the other person, and really understand their reason for getting upset, etc. But then, because we're good friends, he/she can't really get mad at me and said that never was, which I know is bullshit. Idk, maybe it's just that my perception of getting to know someone better through arguments at times is not necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    3. If I find myself in a large group, I notice I wander aimlessly & endlessly. Watching different groups with a little smile on my face. I can't get deep into a conversation, and everybody knows a different subset of the whole, so I refuse to "glom on" to an individual as my anchor. I've also been known to talk a walk around the block in order to "recharge" so that I don't go home quite as early.
    That sucks, you should find a group that doesn't require you to do that .

  39. #39
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some people like the easygoing, some people hate it.

    Can't please em all

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm in INTJ female with an ISTP male. We've been together for seven years, so I guess it works pretty well. His handwriting is waaaay better than mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •