Thread: loosing weight under pressure

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can lose my appetite if I'm depressed, stressed, or infatuated with someone but not to the point of dramatic loss in weight.

I think that might have more to do with your genetics rather than Socionics type.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I gain weight when I'm stressed. It prolly has more to do with your genes n eating habits.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One INFp said that she stops eating when she's under emotional stress, but she is constantly hungry when she's under school stress. Recently she broke up with her boyfriend and then she lost enough weight for some people to get worried (most people told her that she's looking great! )
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lose weight when I'm under emotional stress. I just don't feel hungry and when I do feel hungry it doesn't feel like hunger, but more like just an unhappy feeling in my gut and no food sounds good. But if it's another sort of stress such as the stress of overscheduling and being too busy, then I tend to overeat. And bite my nails (ugh).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: loosing weight under pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    I was wondering if it was a common thing for INFp's to loose a lot of weight under pressure? I'm not talking about small brief weight loss, but a very noticeable amount, enough to the point of where people start accusing you of having an eating disorder. I've known two other INFp's that also tend to be like that, and I was wondering if any other INFp's have faced this problem?

Do you think this could have something to do with weak ?
    I completely disagree with the other posters...I do think its related to personality type. I think the NFs of the beta quadrant are likely to see fluctuations in their sensory function always located at the third or tertiary level which the level of functioning where we make choices. As an ENFJ I'm more likely to ES and gain weight under pressure than IS under pressure, generally, like my mirror would. The reason why I so disagree with them is I think the sensory experience goes a long way in defining our quadrant givin our pairing with two sensors at the first or primary level and it being sort of our "switch" related to our hidden agenda...Mine to be rich and yours to be healthy.

All the best,
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lefty
    I was wondering if it was a common thing for INFp's to loose a lot of weight under pressure? I'm not talking about small brief weight loss, but a very noticeable amount, enough to the point of where people start accusing you of having an eating disorder. I've known two other INFp's that also tend to be like that, and I was wondering if any other INFp's have faced this problem?

I completely disagree with the other posters...I do think its related to personality type. I think the NFs of the beta quadrant are likely to see fluctuations in their sensory function always located at the third or tertiary level which the level of functioning where we make choices. As an ENFJ I'm more likely to ES and gain weight under pressure than IS under pressure, generally, like my mirror would. The reason why I so disagree with them is I think the sensory experience goes a long way in defining our quadrant givin our pairing with two sensors at the first or primary level and it being sort of our "switch" related to our hidden agenda...Mine to be rich and yours to be healthy.

All the best,
    The INFp hidden agenda is Ti - "to understand."

I don't doubt that the appearance of this trait in Starfall and other INFps can be type-influenced, but not necessarily type-related. That is to say: losing weight under stress is not something instrinsic to how the INFp's psyche functions, at least not according to Socionics. But the reason Starfall personally experiences it may in fact be influenced by certain quirks associated with metabolizing the world as an INFp. Combined with variances within type (some INFps are more high strung, others maudlin, other relaxed) and a genetic predisposition to lose weight quickly, and we have a more plausible explanation than just "INFps undergo dramatic weight loss under pressure" under the dubious pretense that everything can be accounted for by Model-A.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty

All the best,
    The INFp hidden agenda is Ti - "to understand."

I don't doubt that the appearance of this trait in Starfall and other INFps can be type-influenced, but not necessarily type-related. That is to say: losing weight under stress is not something instrinsic to how the INFp's psyche functions, at least not according to Socionics. But the reason Starfall personally experiences it may in fact be influenced by certain quirks associated with metabolizing the world as an INFp. Combined with variances within type (some INFps are more high strung, others maudlin, other relaxed) and a genetic predisposition to lose weight quickly, and we have a more plausible explanation than just "INFps undergo dramatic weight loss under pressure" under the dubious pretense that everything can be accounted for by Model-A.
    so it is. to understand.

i guess being more introverted sensory would lend you towards a general interest in health and would draw people or information towards you where under stress they begin to extrovertedly sense. whereas with an enfj they tend to want money and want to indluge, but under stress learn to prioritize and hold onto money and seek rest.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.