Thread: Fe Hidden Agenda of SLE-ESTps

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fe Hidden Agenda of SLE-ESTps

Can someone please explain how this manifests itself in the SLE?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs don't have Ni hidden agenda.

They have Ni dual-seeking. And Fe hidden agenda.

Ni dual-seeking is manifested in an appreciation for people who help the SLE see "the big picture" and who compensate the SLE's drive to "just act" by warnings and pointing out the best timing for actions.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, cheers. I'll change the topic, because I'm actually more concerned about the SLE's HA.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just my understanding of this based on what I've witnessed and my understanding of the theory:

I think ExTps want others to enjoy being around them and have generally positive sentiments towards them. They also don't mind pissing people off, as long as people express their feelings in a forthright manner. They don't understand what they've done that's so bad (or why people take things so personally) when they piss someone off and that person sees it as damaging to their relationship (especially if they hold it against them for a long time). They would much rather the person just bitch at them (or otherwise display their emotions) and get it over with. Consequences for their ethical mistakes should be mostly related to mood, and making up should be as well.

Does that sound about right?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    This is just my understanding of this based on what I've witnessed and my understanding of the theory:

I think ExTps want others to enjoy being around them and have generally positive sentiments towards them. They also don't mind pissing people off, as long as people express their feelings in a forthright manner. They don't understand what they've done that's so bad (or why people take things so personally) when they piss someone off and that person sees it as damaging to their relationship (especially if they hold it against them for a long time). They would much rather the person just bitch at them (or otherwise display their emotions) and get it over with. Consequences for their ethical mistakes should be mostly related to mood, and making up should be as well.

Does that sound about right?
    It's certainly made me start to see just why I am Fi PoLR.

Creepy-

Default SLEs and Fe

Tell me about SLE's and Fe - it's their tertiary function, correct? How do they interpret and deal with Fe, theoretically and in real life?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Tell me about SLE's and Fe - it's their tertiary function, correct? How do they interpret and deal with Fe, theoretically and in real life?
    Tertiary? It's function 6... which can sometimes seem like a third ego function.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-

Sorry - newbie mistake. Still, what does that mean in a practical sense?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question.

Ask Kristiina how she uses her Fe, and then glamourama about how she uses hers. I'll say who's hotter.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theoretically:
    The individual longs for situations where people are having fun, laughing and joking, and feel emotionally free and spontaneous. However, he is generally unable to produce this atmosphere himself and uses other means to create situations where there is a good chance that others will take the emotional initiative and create a fun and emotionally stimulating atmosphere. Failure at such attempts are met with dismay, which the individual either hides or reacts to with frustration and annoyance.
    In general, seeks people with strong , but doesn't want help with it all the time, just sometimes. If he doesn't get help, he can take care of himself in this area for a while, but sometimes he will fail painfully.

In practice... I dunno, I have never seen someone I knew to be an SLE interact with someone with strong in RL.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-

[QUOTE=Brilliand;343340]Theoretically:

In general, seeks people with strong , but doesn't want help with it all the time, just sometimes. If he doesn't get help, he can take care of himself in this area for a while, but sometimes he will fail painfully.

QUOTE]

Another newbie question then (and I thank you in advance for your patience!) - What is an example of a demonstration of strong Fe?
    Last edited by female; 04-18-2008 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Typo

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Another newbie question then (and I thank you in advance for your patience!) - What is an example of a demonstration of strong Fe?
    Exchanging a lot of jokes in a group atmosphere, involving other people in an activity, expressing one's own feelings about something
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just wanna be loved!
    Also, they don't tend to hold grudges over minor ... I don't know ... disagreements?
    They tend to get over things pretty quickly, unless you killed their family ruined their reputation. The latter is the image part of the Fe-Hidden Agenda.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    They just wanna be loved!
    Also, they don't tend to hold grudges over minor ... I don't know ... disagreements?
    They tend to get over things pretty quickly, unless you killed their family ruined their reputation. The latter is the image part of the Fe-Hidden Agenda.
    What do you mean by "the image part"?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Image is how one looks in the eyes of others.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Image is how one looks in the eyes of others.
    I know that . I meant how is image related to hidden agenda? I assumed hidden agenda was for the self - something you secretly desire to be "good at"(proficient using/experiencing)?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's indirectly related to the motivation. If the motivation is "to be loved", an SLE will want to improve their Fe -- and ultimately be proficient in using it -- in order to fulfil this agenda.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's indirectly related to the motivation. If the motivation is "to be loved", an SLE will want to improve their Fe -- and ultimately be proficient in using it -- in order to fulfil this agenda.
    Ah, okay, I get it. That was a stupid question on my part . If the hidden agenda is "to be loved" that obviously involves others. Haha. I see how it's dependent on what the HA is. Thanks for the clarification.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    Ah, okay, I get it. That was a stupid question on my part . If the hidden agenda is "to be loved" that obviously involves others. Haha. I see how it's dependent on what the HA is. Thanks for the clarification.
    why are you bumping 7 yaer old threads.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    why are you bumping 7 yaer old threads.
    I'd rather bump a thread than start a new one. That way there aren't a bunch of different threads on the same subject.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    It makes them sloppy attention whores
    Which, in a woman, can be a beautiful thing.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.