Thread: The Guy I'm Talking About In "I Am Not Beta": Type Him

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Guy I'm Talking About In "I Am Not Beta": Type

(Yes, it's hilarious, I know. You should see the facebook comments. I think he might have tried to pass it off as taking the piss out of SEE below, but I'm sceptical. The thing is, I don't actually know if he's taking the piss when he says "I'm well stacked".)

He's a very energetic, enthusiastic person. He's generally quite image-conscious. No, scratch that, he's very image-conscious. More in his physical appearance than his 'ooh, I don't want to look like a fool'. In this area, he really doesn't give a shit. He'll happily put two chopsticks in his mouth in a Chinese restaurant, call himself a walrus, and shout "PIVOT" repeatedly (in an effort to play out a memorable scene of Friends) and so that everyone looks at him. When you show him something that he finds funny, he'll laugh a lot, and can easily get very excited. He's a very strong character, and thus we clash quite a bit. He gets on quite a few people's nerves because of the loudness (and 'annoyingness') of his voice when they're trying to get to sleep. He's quick-witted and sharp, and likes to use his knowledge of facts from the news to discuss the state of the country and immigration etc. He's quite conservative, and slightly authoritarian. He's studying economics, and said that before he's graduated, he wants to have six figures in his account, or at least wants to have found a scheme to do so. He rarely if ever takes the piss out of himself, and if you take the piss out of him, he doesn't get actively offended like an SEE (probably a 3w2) in my halls I know:

Rather, he simply endures it and puts on a grimace. At this point, if it's something you've said that he thinks is ridiculous, he'll do the face (but will include eyebrow movement to express confusion), and he'll look around at others to get the same reaction, in order to make everyone around you think you're an idiot. Sometimes it works, sometimes he just makes people laugh quietly or smile and look away. He drinks excessively, verging on alcoholism (probably the sign of an average-to-unhealthy 7w8). He has, however, recently cut down and limited himself to two a day, with Saturday designated as trash-up day (because it's Gilette Soccer Saturday). He also quit smoking (with Paul McKenna's help). He clearly has great willpower. He's very motivated, and is into his sport - primarily football and running. He's good at making friends, regardless of age, and holds people he likes in high regard. However, you can never really tell who he does and doesn't respect, and whether or not he respects you. He can often be quite bitchy. We always have something to talk about, and when it's one-on-one, we get on very well together. We can have a laugh, talk politics and political views, and we've run together before. I also like to jokingly take the piss out of him.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The ESFp is hot. The other guy looks like George Bush's grandson or something, so I hate him already. If you put us in a room I would sooo take sides with the other guy why we kicked that arrogant chode's ass.

Whoever acts like an attention-seeking whore like that is the 'I hate you' type.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    The ESFp is hot. The other guy looks like George Bush's grandson or something, so I hate him already. If you put us in a room I would sooo take sides with the other guy why we kicked that arrogant chode's ass.

Whoever acts like an attention-seeking whore like that is the 'I hate you' type.

I don't think you'd like him if I described him in detail to you.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ENFj is possible as well. He reminds of someone I hate.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eek, SLE was my first impression, but it seems off - the seems more like a posture than a Dominant function so I'm going to have to agree (unfortunately) with EIE.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I bet you all just looked at the pictures. Did any of you actually read the description? Do you REALLY think he has Si PoLR? Let me guess: you just think image-consciousness = EIE. And ScarlettLux - Se posture? EIFUCKINGE.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    And I bet you all just looked at the pictures. Did any of you actually read the description? Do you REALLY think he has Si PoLR? Let me guess: you just think image-consciousness = EIE. And ScarlettLux - Se posture? EIFUCKINGE.

Uhh... before you make assumptions about all of us, .. I in fact did read the entire description and I still stand by what I said. Actually, what you said to me makes no sense? What are you swearing about exactly? Yes, I think he has PoLR .. look at this guy, he barely knows when his photos make him look idiotic or not/tries to pass them off as a joke...

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I bet you all just looked at the pictures.
    And you would be correct. In my case, at least.

Creepy-bg

I'm illiterate

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like somebody I couldn't stand.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj. Reminds me of my ENFj ex.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    look at this guy, he barely knows when his photos make him look idiotic or not/tries to pass them off as a joke...
    Haha. Most of these were taken by people who posted them up (he didn't put them up), if not all of them. Also, would a Si PoLR spend as much time on their hair as he does?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Sounds like somebody I couldn't stand.
    I'm surprised. He's a 7w8. I would've thought you could understand his psyche.

I want to meet you Fabio. Next holiday, I'll come to Italy and see you.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm extremely different from him. Not as boastful, more realistic (6 figures? c'mon man), more reserved also i think. I find the pose he strikes in the last pic to be bleach

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm extremely different from him.
    How can you be if you're both 7w8s? The 8s - or supposed 8s - I've met in my lifetime I've liked.

Not as boastful
    True; he is very boastful. But can a 7w8 not be like that?

more realistic (6 figures? c'mon man)
    I think that's called ambition.

more reserved also i think.
    A 7w8 reserved? No way. Really? Actually, ISTPs in MBTT are more reserved.

bleach
    ?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you be if you're both 7w8s? The 8s - or supposed 8s - I've met in my lifetime I've liked.
    I have no clue. I know some 7w8s and we all like each other, but none of the is similar to this guy.

I think that's called ambition.
    There is a big line between realistic ambition and throwing around bullshit just to impress people.

A 7w8 reserved? No way. Really? Actually, ISTPs in MBTT are more reserved.
    I just said that I'm more reserved than him, not that I'm generally very reserved.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no clue. I know some 7w8s and we all like each other, but none of the is similar to this guy.
    Maybe he's a 3. But his arrogance seems almost tongue-in-cheek. Plus, if he was a 3, the image-consciousness described wouldn't really be like how it is. I have a 3w2 friend, and this guy is too different. The 3 is subtle - this one? Overblown to fuck.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    look at this guy, he barely knows when his photos make him look idiotic or not/tries to pass them off as a joke...
    Haha. Most of these were taken by people who posted them up (he didn't put them up), if not all of them. Also, would a Si PoLR spend as much time on their hair as he does?
    Si PoLR manifests differently in EIEs and LIEs. It's LIEs who are mostly averse to taking care of pointless aesthetic details (+) -- don't forget that Beta is notably image-focussed and in any case their weak point is +.
    So what is it about Si that EIEs have a problem with, if not the aesthetics of something?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh. Okay. Cheers.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Ezra, I'm 7w8, and am somewhat reserved. Remember the rule about blanket statements about types that I told you? :wink:
    It's pretty interesting. I used to be very open-minded, and people called me 'wise' at thirteen or fourteen. I revelled in it, but I was quite modest about it. It's only in recent years that I've become 'all-or-nothing' and relatively close-minded in my views. It's almost as if I've slowly and gradually developed a system of views, thanks to my strong Ti.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't call it development.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)