Thread: General observations, typical traits and behavior of Gamma types

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default General observations, typical traits and behavior of Gamma types

Describe their general personality, typical behaviors, etc. I have the hardest time spotting Gammas for sure, and I just want some general ideas to go on. I've been getting better at typing LIEs, but the other 3 I still have trouble with sometimes.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I know three ENTjs, one is my dad, and the two others I know from work, a female one and a male one. I am not sure of their subtypes, and I don't know if the female ones come off differently to a male one of the same subtype. The male one makes a lot of "ribbing" jokes, he is social, and has to move around every 30 minutes or so. He and I have clashed over taking things too seriously and when I'm with him I don't feel that I can hurt his feelings, so I am a little more stubborn with him since he doesn't need my Fe. But, he does get mad at me if I don't Fe when I'm on the phone.. it's a damn customer, after all .
    The other ENTj, the female, also makes a lot of jokes, about dating or whatever, and seems to hold herself in high regard. I would say that both ENTjs give me a moral vibe. The male ENTj also teaches young students, and he definitely does look like he would be upset if one of the students got out of hand. Hm I dont know if im doing a very good job of explaining them to you..

I knew 3 ISFjs at work as well, worked closely with 2. One is the ENTj's fiance. They all seem pretty energetic when they talk, all seem to want to go on vacation a lot, all seem to be hardworking. They all had good memories and have detail oriented tasks they were able to do well. The two I work with I believe were Se subtypes. Their attitude always seemed to say to me, "if you dont like it, then too bad" with a snap and a head roll. haha! Methodical. And when they speak, it's a very spunky, short staccato tone.

i don't think I know any INTps in real life.. there may be one female Te INTp. But I was thinking she might be ExTj as well.. no I think she's INTp. She doesn't like cooking for herself, hides personal information because others tease her. She is down to earth and easy to talk to, gives information when you ask her, seems to care about the welfare of others working near her. But I'm not entirely sure of her type. ! Oh! there is another INTp at work who I have never met, only phone conferenced with.. he has no Fe. I think he has weak Fe, and does not seem to value it. Both INTjs in the office are uncomfortable with him because he comes off as short and rude. He intimidates me because he always seems like he's sighing when you ask him a question. His voice is weak and listless. He is funny. People who have met him say he appears very restrained.

Oh, and I lived with two ESFps for long periods of time. One is my sister and the other is one of my college roommate. They are both very social, millions of friends, talkative, very unafraid of strangers (so long as they approach them first) both physical, make noises, or funny sounds like "cuckoo!" or "ooop ooop" or move often (when an ENTj has to do it every 30 minutes, they would have to every 3 minutes-- heck, 30 seconds). Both react right away if challenged, but my sister would be more confrontational; my old roommate might make an "o" shape with her mouth. Both seemed to like pictures of nature.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj's are the easiest to spot for me. I'll work on describing why...I have a hard time wording these sorts of things but I just go by vibes, and incoherent inner dialoge to analyze...

Never been good at articulating WHY I think something.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mom is ESI. she worked mad hours her entire life without ever complaining. she did it in a very natural way making it look like anybody could live that way. she taught her children how to live properly in society while other parents in our neighbourhood encouraged their kids to steal (long story). when my grandmother died, she became the rock her brothers and sisters (and their kids) rely on. they complain when she critices their lives but they always call her for advice (go figure). she's taught me about caring for other people's feelings. well, not exactly caring but minding other people's toes. my ILE cousin often tells me that my mom is like a second mother to him. she is a saint. she is always courteous to her neighbours. even when certain individuals betray her trust, she remains polite to them and may even deal with them again. oddly enough, there are people she deems as untrustworthy and treat them as such. it doesn't matter that she's never spoken to them and that there isn't any proof to her thinking. she dislikes them and nothing will change her mind. she can be very stubborn, a bit paranoid and narrow-minded. she says she has no friends, but people call her all the time. she has a small network of women who rely on her for all sorts of things. and these women are more than happy to repay her the favours she grants them. dutyful.

my bro is LIE. he's always got some long-standing project which he's just about to lift off the ground and you can't help but believe him. you just know he's about to make it big. everything he touches turns to gold. he was immensely popular in high school. alot of people he doesn't know know his name. it's almost like knowing a celebrity. i've never seen him get into a fight (except with me). he once fought my eldest brother. ten minutes after the end of the fight, they were crying in each other's arms. he really dislikes senseless fun. he lives in the suburbs outside the city because he can't stand how fake people he knew have become. his life is geared towards his business. it's all he cares about beside his family. once he told me he took the metro (subway) and was surprised to see teenagers acting tough. i think he felt a bit intimidated even though he is a very strong man. confrontations can leave him in a state of panic. he has no problem asserting himself at work though. a natural-born leader. he wishes he had had enough patience to get a college degree. he thinks he isn't very smart (which is far from the truth). also, a conspiracy theorist. makes up all kinds of often false scenarios about our changing world. talking with him about these things can leave me in a state of deep gloom because he, unfortunately, is sometimes right. pulls rabbits out of hats.

my sis is ILI. female version of niffweed except she won't even bother answering some of your questions. makes Fe sound like some long forgotten land. she is strongly opinionated. was shy as a kid but grew up to be one of the most striking individuals i know. she is still quiet, a quiet riot. has a rich inner life. i once read her diary. needless to say, i never touched that infernal thing again. she dresses like a model in some fasion mag. her room is usually a complete mess. she used to own two cats. she never got them vaccinated. when she got a boyfriend, she totally neglected the pair, especially the older one. that cat would often go out at night and get in brawls which left him, well, disfigured. we convinced her to call Animal Shelter to come and pick up Quasimodo. she put the rascal in a box an hour before they came to pick him up. poor animal peed blood all over itself. anywho, you can't force this ILI into anything. she really doesn't care what people think of her. yet, she doesn't make waves. she is very level-headed. i sometimes wish i were a bit more like that and not all over the place. is a high-achiever but mostly makes it up along the way. she doesn't have a definite plan in life but knows where she's going. she easily gets others to do favours for her. inaccessible.

my cousin is SEE. a very manipulative person. she's always looking to satisfy her whims. she likes to take advantage of people and offers her friendship in exchange which her thralls gladly take. stay away from this one when she's got her periods (i'm serious). was a very troublesome teen. retains some sort of childish air about her. she's the only one who makes my sister look like she gives a damn about anything. has kept the same circle of friends since high school. she's studying drama at which she is very talented but has no discipline whatsoever. likes to fuck around with straight people. this often attracts enemies. and when you ask, she can't really explain why they're her enemies. but, once you're on her bad side there isn't any way back. she will always treat you differently afterwards. still, she's a very likeable person. people get attached to her real fast. she's fun to be around. always has bright ideas on how to kill time. she's charismatic and cool. she makes people feel good about themselves just by being in her presence. it's almost as if they perceive this as a priviledge. has difficulty holding a job for long periods because she likes having things done her way. flower child.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    my mom is ESI. she worked mad hours her entire life without ever complaining. she did it in a very natural way making it look like anybody could live that way. she taught her children how to live properly in society while other parents in our neighbourhood encouraged their kids to steal (long story). when my grandmother died, she became the rock her brothers and sisters (and their kids) rely on. they complain when she critices their lives but they always call her for advice (go figure). she's taught me about caring for other people's feelings. well, not exactly caring but minding other people's toes. my ILE cousin often tells me that my mom is like a second mother to him. she is a saint. she is always courteous to her neighbours. even when certain individuals betray her trust, she remains polite to them and may even deal with them again. oddly enough, there are people she deems as untrustworthy and treat them as such. it doesn't matter that she's never spoken to them and that there isn't any proof to her thinking. she dislikes them and nothing will change her mind. she can be very stubborn, a bit paranoid and narrow-minded. she says she has no friends, but people call her all the time. she has a small network of women who rely on her for all sorts of things. and these women are more than happy to repay her the favours she grants them. dutyful.

my bro is LIE. he's always got some long-standing project which he's just about to lift off the ground and you can't help but believe him. you just know he's about to make it big. everything he touches turns to gold. he was immensely popular in high school. alot of people he doesn't know know his name. it's almost like knowing a celebrity. i've never seen him get into a fight (except with me). he once fought my eldest brother. ten minutes after the end of the fight, they were crying in each other's arms. he really dislikes senseless fun. he lives in the suburbs outside the city because he can't stand how fake people he knew have become. his life is geared towards his business. it's all he cares about beside his family. once he told me he took the metro (subway) and was surprised to see teenagers acting tough. i think he felt a bit intimidated even though he is a very strong man. confrontations can leave him in a state of panic. he has no problem asserting himself at work though. a natural-born leader. he wishes he had had enough patience to get a college degree. he thinks he isn't very smart (which is far from the truth). also, a conspiracy theorist. makes up all kinds of often false scenarios about our changing world. talking with him about these things can leave me in a state of deep gloom because he, unfortunately, is sometimes right. pulls rabbits out of hats.

my sis is ILI. female version of niffweed except she won't even bother answering some of your questions. makes Fe sound like some long forgotten land. she is strongly opinionated. was shy as a kid but grew up to be one of the most striking individuals i know. she is still quiet, a quiet riot. has a rich inner life. i once read her diary. needless to say, i never touched that infernal thing again. she dresses like a model in some fasion mag. her room is usually a complete mess. she used to own two cats. she never got them vaccinated. when she got a boyfriend, she totally neglected the pair, especially the older one. that cat would often go out at night and get in brawls which left him, well, disfigured. we convinced her to call Animal Shelter to come and pick up Quasimodo. she put the rascal in a box an hour before they came to pick him up. poor animal peed blood all over itself. anywho, you can't force this ILI into anything. she really doesn't care what people think of her. yet, she doesn't make waves. she is very level-headed. i sometimes wish i were a bit more like that and not all over the place. is a high-achiever but mostly makes it up along the way. she doesn't have a definite plan in life but knows where she's going. she easily gets others to do favours for her. inaccessible.

my cousin is SEE. a very manipulative person. she's always looking to satisfy her whims. she likes to take advantage of people and offers her friendship in exchange which her thralls gladly take. stay away from this one when she's got her periods (i'm serious). was a very troublesome teen. retains some sort of childish air about her. she's the only one who makes my sister look like she gives a damn about anything. has kept the same circle of friends since high school. she's studying drama at which she is very talented but has no discipline whatsoever. likes to fuck around with straight people. this often attracts enemies. and when you ask, she can't really explain why they're her enemies. but, once you're on her bad side there isn't any way back. she will always treat you differently afterwards. still, she's a very likeable person. people get attached to her real fast. she's fun to be around. always has bright ideas on how to kill time. she's charismatic and cool. she makes people feel good about themselves just by being in her presence. it's almost as if they perceive this as a priviledge. has difficulty holding a job for long periods because she likes having things done her way. flower child.
    \

YOU LIVE WITH A WHOLE QUADRA?!
    well almost a whole one anyway......
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My family is mostly Beta. Here is an incomplete list of Gammas in my family :

My father : ESI
    An uncle : LIE
    His wife : SEE
    Another uncle : ESI
    His wife : ESI (they seem to display some frequency)
    A male cousin : ILI
    A female cousin : LIE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Khamelion

it's not all that bad...
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Khamelion

it's not all that bad...
    we can trade, i have lots of beta

jaykay
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like ENTjs so much that I can go on and on about them.....

An ENTj guy I have liked is probably the most perfect guy I have encountered. He is mature, intelligent, walks with a sense of purpose, debonair, a brilliant visionary and strategist, knowledgeable, possess extensive leadership skills, kind, spiritual and tries his best to be humble. He is the most all-rounded person I have ever seen and he has achieved greatness in studies and sports. His dream is to be either to be a pediatrician or a surgeon, which I feel is a noble aim. He is a very rational person who is capable of making irrational decisions in favour of his family and friends, such as giving up a place in an overseas prestigious university to stay here and continue serving them. Nevertheless, he enjoys going on trekking adventures overseas to new and exciting places with his friends. During his free time, he would engage in sports with his friends, be actively involved in cell group activities, give free tuition to kids from his church, or stay at home and strum his guitar. Needless to say, based on the high level of activities he is involved in, he usually looks lethargic despite been an energetic person, and he looks older compared to counterparts of his age.

Of course he has shortcomings as well. For instance, he tends to turn light-hearted conversations with his friends into serious discussions, and he can be rather frank and straightforward too. There was once he called a guy friend "obese" during lunch in the presence of another friend although he is only of average weight because he felt that based on his current lifestyle and diet, there is a risk factor for him to become obese. Thereafter, when he asked the same friend when he had started to develop hypertension, the poor guy had to weave a funny anecdote to lighten up the mood before the relaxing lunch meeting had the chance to transform into a hospital visit. Another weakness about this ENTj friend of mine is that he usually doesn't get indirect allusions and jokes easily unless someone explains them to him directly and in detail, or else he will be visibly lost and confused. For example he was once made fun of his height [he is short] by his tall friend when the ENTj mentioned that they have similar Body Mass Index (BMI=Weight/[height*height]). His friend said something like, "BMI is not only about weight, your know?" and everyone else got the joke except him. Another friend of his had to be "cruel" enough to explain to him that "for a resulting value to be high, the demonimator must be significantly smaller compared to the numerator" (or something similar). He also makes people work as hard as him and he tends to push them to their limits when his leadership has been called upon.

Nevertheless, I admire him overall and I'm impressed that despite his busy lifestyle and tight schedule, he still sets aside time for rest and spiritual renewal. He enjoys listening to emotionally uplifting music and he once mentioned enigmatically that God is the most brightly shone star looking after him from the sky when he was taking a rest under the stars. He constantly stresses that "as an individual in God's army, it is important that to make full use of your talents and abilities and do your best for God".

To put it simply, there is no other guy like him. :wink: So far, at least.

Creepy-Diana

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    "as an individual in God's army, it is important that to make full use of your talents and abilities and do your best for God".
    No 'fence, but sounds like a Palestinian suicide bomber.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems more ESTj than ENTj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I was thinking the same thing the whole time I was reading it.
    Suomea

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    ISFj's are the easiest to spot for me. I'll work on describing why...I have a hard time wording these sorts of things but I just go by vibes, and incoherent inner dialoge to analyze...

Never been good at articulating WHY I think something.
    Don't ever follow up on this or anything, whore.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're the 3rd person to call me a whore in the past 24 hours.

HAH
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    You're the 3rd person to call me a whore in the past 24 hours.

HAH
    Then the previous two merely future copied off of me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

:wink:
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she doesn't have a definite plan in life but knows where she's going.
    you mean, she is comfortable? What does this mean

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    she doesn't have a definite plan in life but knows where she's going.
    you mean, she is comfortable? What does this mean
    well, if you ask her what she wants to do in life, she will absolutely say that she wants to be in the fashion business. but if you ask her precisely what she intends to do there, she'll answer something vague involving being some sort of go-between for sellers and buyers. i'm not even sure that fashion is her ultimate goal seeing as she's been looking for a job as some sort of representative for the government and/or the UN. atm, she collects degrees to achieve her "goal".
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i also am trying to balance interests in fashion and the UN :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting. have you found a way to relate these? on a side note, you're INTj right?
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting. have you found a way to relate these? on a side note, you're INTj right?
    hm.. for my personal path, no, I figure something on the lower levels of social policy or community programs like Dress for Success (http://www.dressforsuccess.org/) might be one way to relate these sorts of interests.. but short of more degrees I wouldn't be able to justify anything else. I find excellent design riveting... Still looking!

Yes, I'm INTj.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I was thinking the same thing the whole time I was reading it.
    What is inconsistent with the LIE typing?

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do you see lots of Si?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Giving up things for others, serving, sacrificing, debonaire, looks lethargic and older. . . are some things that gave the caregiverish Si impression plus Delta to me.
    Giving things up for others, serving, self-sacrificing seem more Fi-valuing rather than strong Si to me. As for looking lethargic and older, not type related. It depends more on genes and lifestyle. I don't think an LSE would be regarded by his friends as "a brilliant visionary and strategist". Moreover, he isn't strong in the skill of telling and interpreting jokes, which I find an LSE would have more confidence in. I find it hard to visualize an LSE forming symbolic ideas about the things around him eg. regarding the brightest star in the sky as God looking after him, having a predilection for a fantasy story because of how the events and characters are strongly correlated to his religion. LSE are more straightforward. WYSIWYG. A star is a star. He just concentrates on its appearance and doesn't think deeply about it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    e.g. many ENTj's i know would have jumped at the opportunity to study at a stronger university overseas. (but then again, i don't know the full scope of your friend's dilemma here.)
    Depends on the ratio of girls to boys, uh!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have actually lived with every single Gamma type. My dad is ENTj, my sister ISFj, my step-dad ESFp, and my current roommate INTp. I realized this after I re-typed most of my immediate family (shortly after the NYC conference).

Ni-INTps are usually pretty obvious: think the semi-sociopathic anti-social pessimistic recluse. Te-INTps, on the other hand, tend to think out loud in Ni. With weak F too, they are so oblivious as to whether it makes sense to anybody else that it's kind of funny.

The impression I always get first from ISFjs is that they are tight-lipped.

One ENTj I know is hilarious. He is an extreme workaholic, and makes lots of really awful jokes (Fe role I guess). He worries a lot about hurting people's feelings for the most absurd reasons (Fi DS). I think ENTjs are probably the most openly dorky type.

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Ni-INTps are usually pretty obvious: think the semi-sociopathic anti-social pessimistic recluse. Te-INTps, on the other hand, tend to think out loud in Ni. With weak F too, they are so oblivious as to whether it makes sense to anybody else that it's kind of funny.
    That explains the laughter even in the absence of a joke. This also leads to the question- are my jokes actually funny or are people just laughing at my goofiness. I often make a joke of this aspect of my personality- when people ask how many languages I know, I tell them zero.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going out on a limb, the Ni subtypes sense of humour is alot more cryptic and negative, and having more to do with negative states of affairs and outlooks for the future. sarcastic comments on the limited positions or viewpoints of other people or ideas, humour which is sexually degrading and invasive, humour which exists for the sole purpose of instigating a negative reaction out of others.. overwhelming others with pessimism for fun, attacking the optimistic.. etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat
    Going out on a limb, the Ni subtypes sense of humour is alot more cryptic and negative, and having more to do with negative states of affairs and outlooks for the future. sarcastic comments on the limited positions or viewpoints of other people or ideas, humour which is sexually degrading and invasive, humour which exists for the sole purpose of instigating a negative reaction out of others.. overwhelming others with pessimism for fun, attacking the optimistic.. etc.
    i agree with u again- u have some awesome descriptions man! it's kind of funny how INTps work as my dual in this aspect seeing as I'm an optimistic type and all... i do use a lot of "humor which is sexually degrading and invasive, humor which exists for the sole purpose of instigating a negative reaction out of others."
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp