Thread: Beta types deserve better

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta types deserve better

I feel bad for you guys for having to be bombarded with so much negativity about your quadra. You deserve better understanding and treatment. Just thought I would share.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

<3. Thank you for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of like it actually, I think it's productive.
    LSI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously, they just hate us because we're beautiful... :wink:
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

It seems like people tend to attack whatever they feel they are unequipped to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    However, I find the posturing irritating.
    Stolen Identity by Argentina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjC-q5FBgk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck beta. i'm moving to gamma where everybody gets along with their Te and Fi.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is it productive? What exactly is it producing?
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    that's cool, but if you get rejected would you do us a favor and keep on moving towards Delta instead of turning back? lol
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    that's cool, but if you get rejected would you do us a favor and keep on moving towards Delta instead of turning back? lol
    lol. you'd miss me too much. what makes you think they'll reject me...
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio

cuz you can't just choose your quadra abritrarily, in fact you can't choose your quadra at all, let alone your type, people that think they can take all the individualistic propoganda they've been fed a bit too seriously. I suppose for some it's horrifying to believe that something as inherent as type is inherent at all because they've been taught that they have the power to choose everything, especially the power to choose - but this belief is largely the product of the society in which you've been indoctrinated and not an objective truth.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii

cuz you can't just choose your quadra abritrarily, in fact you can't choose your quadra at all, let alone your type, people that think they can take all the individualistic propoganda they've been fed a bit too seriously. I suppose for some it's horrifying to believe that something as inherent as type is inherent at all because they've been taught that they have the power to choose everything, especially the power to choose - but this belief is largely the product of the society in which you've been indoctrinated and not an objective truth.
    that's all very nice but i was kidding. i'm not questioning whether i'm beta or not. but i do agree that there are some things we can't control in life. personally, i've always wanted to be like niffweed.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's all very nice but i was kidding. i'm not questioning whether i'm beta or not. but i do agree that there are some things we can't control in life. personally, i've always wanted to be like niffweed.
    lol bastard
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodWanderer
    However, I find the posturing irritating.
    I had to look "posturing" up and am still unsure what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    How is it productive? What exactly is it producing?
    It helps me see what problems people have or might have with me, and that is useful.
    I even prefer a somewhat derogatory comment to a more restrained negative one, because it makes it easier to judge how much the person is really bothered.

IRL too, I really appreciate those friends who honestly tell me what I am bad at.
    LSI

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IRL too, I really appreciate those friends who honestly tell me what I am bad at.
    Yeah, it's a good way to separate your real friends from all the fake-ass people out there.

But for the most part, when friends insist on giving too much advice, (because being 'helpful' does feel good and probably releases a whole bunch of I'm-better-than-you-are chemicals) I just back off. Even if they're right, I need time to adjust. Later I will apologize after I think about things for a bit, but if I'm displeased I'll just go away for awhile until I'm better. I think that is universal. If you're in a really 100% negative mood, just hide under a rock and get over it because that negativity is contagious.

I support hermit-ness. I needed to took a loooong hiatus from life until I got over my depression, but it worked. I guess for other types, that wouldn't be a wise idea.

And hehe guys, I know this is TMI but I'm saying it anyway. I just had my first real cock in like three years. GOD DAMN it felt good. God, how could anybody be homophobic? Stupid ass shitty people.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally, i've always wanted to be like niffweed.
    i'd be willing to apprentice you in the ways of the deranged for the mere price of $300/hr.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    i'd be willing to apprentice you in the ways of the deranged for the mere price of $300/hr.
    thanks but that's okay. Diocklecian is my master now. and he only asks for one lump sum of 1k.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Creepy-bg

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    thanks but that's okay. Diocklecian is my master now. and he only asks for one lump sum of 1k.
    your loss.

I don't like that 'betas' feel the need to vehemently exaggerate whatever beta characteristic they think they have. I quoted you because openness to competition or whatever you want to call it is seen as a beta trait. Real behavior would probably differ from stated intent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like that 'betas' feel the need to vehemently exaggerate whatever beta characteristic they think they have. I quoted you because openness to competition or whatever you want to call it is seen as a beta trait. Real behavior would probably differ from stated intent.
    isn't it widely accepted that competition is healthy?

lefty
    enfj
    4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you mean, and assuming the aim of the posturing is not to "look more beta" (which would require a knowledge of the quadra that I don't possess) but to "look better", there might be a tiny little bit of truth in it.

This is actually an example of what I was trying to say: now I'm trying to understand why people would think it's "posturing", why would they think real behavior will differ from what I say, why do I actually behave like that... even if I ended up believing Hollywood is mistaken, this mistake is likely to be made by others too, so the next time I behave like this, I'll be better able to spot the reaction and deal with it.
    LSI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you ISTp? Or any delta by chance?

Betas don't exaggerate their quadra characteristics any more than any other quarda people... Deltas always try to seem moral and gammas try to seem like they are good at investing and alphas always try to seem like they are the ones that can have fun better than anyone else. It's all fine. But whatever traits betas do show, I think these are traits worth showing - emotinal compassion, respect for the direction of events, being confident in what you want to achieve, trying to make sense of the way the world works.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lefty
    isn't it widely accepted that competition is healthy?
    Where did I say that it wasn't?

This is actually an example of what I was trying to say: now I'm trying to understand why people would think it's "posturing", why would they think real behavior will differ from what I say, why do I actually behave like that... even if I ended up believing Hollywood is mistaken, this mistake is likely to be made by others too, so the next time I behave like this, I'll be better able to spot the reaction and deal with it.
    Nobody is tough all the time. If you try to come across that way you'll just be branded a poser and be snickered at. People with real just see it as putting up a front.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

Betas don't exaggerate their quadra characteristics any more than any other quarda people... Deltas always try to seem moral and gammas try to seem like they are good at investing and alphas always try to seem like they are the ones that can have fun better than anyone else. It's all fine. But whatever traits betas do show, I think these are traits worth showing - emotinal compassion, respect for the direction of events, being confident in what you want to achieve, trying to make sense of the way the world works.
    I don't even know how to respond to this. I was just saying that I was unimpressed by the bravado.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody is tough all the time. If you try to come across that way you'll just be branded a poser and be snickered at. People with real just see it as putting up a front.
    Gee, THAT horse hasn't been beaten to death yet, has it? We've seen instances of assumed effrontery and posturing in the name of "" being rejected by self-professed Betans themselves on this very forum. "Toughness" constitutes set of behaviors that only makes sense in certain contexts; out of context, it will obviously strike people as inappropriate and perhaps humorous. Likewise, waxing garrulous on your own "toughness" will quite obvious strike others as overcompensation. This is nothing that any of us here need to be told.

Anyone else as tired as I am of this forum going around in the same circles over and over again?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i'd like to clarify that i'm the toughest son of a bitch this side of the forum... don't mess or i just might have to shoot you down! scallywag.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Gee, THAT horse hasn't been beaten to death yet, has it? We've seen instances of assumed effrontery and posturing in the name of "" being rejected by self-professed Betans themselves on this very forum.
    Agreed, that is what I was trying to reference.

Likewise, waxing garrulous on your own "toughness" will quite obvious strike others as overcompensation.
    Heh. What? You misunderstand. I'm not trying to be a badass.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likewise, waxing garrulous on your own "toughness" will quite obvious strike others as overcompensation.
    Heh. What? You misunderstand. I'm not trying to be a badass.
    That actually wasn't directed at you - it wasa continuation of what else will come across as putting up a front.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O_O You think I'm N!
    Do you have real ? Would you teach me how to be a real man? :-P
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    It's easy; all you have to do is carry a gun in one hand, and a beer in the other.
    Can I be tough all the times if I do that? I think if I use vodka instead of beer I can be tough when I'm by myself too. That would be some real fucking (c:
    LSI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

I don't even know how to respond to this. I was just saying that I was unimpressed by the bravado.
    oh you're definitely ISTp.

thinking of words.... arrogant, big head, big-headed, bombastic, cocky, conceited, crowing, egotistic, egotistical, exultant, know-it-all, loudmouth, pompous, pretentious, puffed-up, self-aggrandizing, self-applauding, smart-alecky, snooty, strutting, stuck up, swaggering, swanky, swollen-headed, vainglorious, vaunting, windbag.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/