Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Is this a Ni thing

  1. #1
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Is this a Ni thing

    I've recently had a violent mood swing, today, counteracting a violent mood swing from yesterday. Yesterday upon a realization I became anxious, stressed. Today after "fixing" the problem that completely went away. So this got me thinking what can be so powerful to completely throw me off balance in an instant like that, what causes violent mood swings in me. And after some examination I realized that all my previous states like that were caused by the same thing, a small perturbation that completely escalated out of nothing and blew up in my face. So I'm wondering, how come this happened. I mean, as dominant that type of situations are *precisely* the stuff that I'm naturally good at, that I have a natural control over. And as such they shouldn't happen. Is it because it came from ? The situation was a result of me not taking the effort to obtain information about my environment. Do you other types experience such "catastrophic breaches" where events escalate in your face suddenly caused by something slipping in through your super ego (For + types perhaps not being nice to some people, ignoring and it biting you in the ass when people gang up on you because "they don't like you" or some such thing) and do they completely throw you off balance?

  2. #2
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is this a Ni thing

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I've recently had a violent mood swing, today, counteracting a violent mood swing from yesterday. Yesterday upon a realization I became anxious, stressed. Today after "fixing" the problem that completely went away. So this got me thinking what can be so powerful to completely throw me off balance in an instant like that, what causes violent mood swings in me. And after some examination I realized that all my previous states like that were caused by the same thing, a small perturbation that completely escalated out of nothing and blew up in my face. So I'm wondering, how come this happened. I mean, as dominant that type of situations are *precisely* the stuff that I'm naturally good at, that I have a natural control over. And as such they shouldn't happen. Is it because it came from ? The situation was a result of me not taking the effort to obtain information about my environment. Do you other types experience such "catastrophic breaches" where events escalate in your face suddenly caused by something slipping in through your super ego (For + types perhaps not being nice to some people, ignoring and it biting you in the ass when people gang up on you because "they don't like you" or some such thing) and do they completely throw you off balance?
    i obviously don't know the situation nor anything about it at all...but here's a thought...
    perhaps it escalated to that point BECAUSE you weren't able to control it in the way you normally would?
    maybe the emotions and frustrations kept escalating each time things didn't go the way you were trying to get them to go..thus compounding upon each other making the negative feelings and frustrations even stronger until finally a point is reached where the pressure needs to be released?

    i admit that i could be completely off base on any of this, and if so, I apoligize for it now.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  3. #3
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is this a Ni thing

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Do you other types experience such "catastrophic breaches" where events escalate in your face suddenly caused by something slipping in through your super ego (For + types perhaps not being nice to some people, ignoring and it biting you in the ass when people gang up on you because "they don't like you" or some such thing) and do they completely throw you off balance?
    If I totally flip out, it's generally directly related to my blood sugar. I don't tend to experience the exact type of thing you're talking about though. I can't remember the last time I cared if people were "gaining up on me" or didn't like me, but I would if it were happening professionally (instead of socially). I'm pretty good at avoiding that though.

    I guess my answer is that if something blows up in my face, it's because of Si related things. And when it comes to Si related events, I generally don't make the connections I need to, such as, "if you don't stretch EVERY morning, you're not going to heal (or whatever)".
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  4. #4
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is this a Ni thing

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    i obviously don't know the situation nor anything about it at all...but here's a thought...
    perhaps it escalated to that point BECAUSE you weren't able to control it in the way you normally would?
    maybe the emotions and frustrations kept escalating each time things didn't go the way you were trying to get them to go..thus compounding upon each other making the negative feelings and frustrations even stronger until finally a point is reached where the pressure needs to be released?

    i admit that i could be completely off base on any of this, and if so, I apoligize for it now.
    No, no, no, no escalation, it was a switch. What happened was that I checked a certain aspect of my college. A certain subject that happens like in one week in the entire semester. This subject is pretty insignificant, which is in term a reason why I paid no attention to it. It's pro forma. I found out I missed it. Then I found out that if I miss it I fail the class. And if I fail the class, because of the system, I fail the entire year. The thought that all my work and effort is in vain and there is nothing I can do about it flipped a switch and I was plunged into severe anxiety and stress. When I found out it really was a joke and me not attending meant nothing the switch flipped back to normal. During the time under pressure I kept wondering how come I missed it, how could've this happen to me, how come I didn't notice it before, how, how, how. Such a thing with huge consequences simply slipped under my radar.

    And also, unrelated, but a little bit of info about me, because your description seem so unlike me. Nothing insulting or aggressive, just informative. I'm not emotional. In fact, I'm defined by indifference. I don't care about things or people and don't get exited.

  5. #5
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is this a Ni thing

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    The thought that all my work and effort is in vain and there is nothing I can do about it flipped a switch and I was plunged into severe anxiety and stress. When I found out it really was a joke and me not attending meant nothing the switch flipped back to normal. During the time under pressure I kept wondering how come I missed it, how could've this happen to me, how come I didn't notice it before, how, how, how. Such a thing with huge consequences simply slipped under my radar.
    I'd say the reaction to this happening is probably an Ni one, i.e. thinking about the consequences and what events caused this to happen, etc. etc. (another reason I say this is because I would probably react similarly in this situation). As for missing it.. I don't know really. Perhaps if you didn't think, prior to the misinformation, that it was important, then Ni would gloss over it because it's not relevant to anything long-term. Or something. Bah I don't know, I'm more posting this in the hope someone else who knows better would be able to pick up from this.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •