Thread: I Am Not Beta

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I Am Not Beta

Basically, after a long time, I've decided that this guy I've been analysing on my corridor is SLE. He is far too different to me, and since I can't see any other possible type for him, I can't be an SLE. Even if this point goes unproven, I know I'm not Beta. The kind of atmosphere I've experienced which is Beta I simply can't join in on. I don't fully understand the workings it, and I have to work hard to fit in. And it's not worth bothering with.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are a moron.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you were LSE . . . ???
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would avoid basing my type off of another person's type.

What of quadra values? I thought you'd determined that you are Beta?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Betas like sports, raw throat fucking, being mean to queers and ******s, spitting in your face after they have sex with you, and causing destruction and mayhem to society. They like to push old ladies on the streets and then laugh at them. They are horrible people and are too outgoing and politically incorrect and they make sissy introverted people cry. They will probably mock the way deltas want to make the world a better place and crush all their hopes and dreams because they actually know how to catch a baseball.

Of course, I think that's full of shit, as well as most of this 'socionics' thing but it's kind of fun anyway.

But on a serious note Ezra, you have to use some specific examples if you want me to understand you. Why didn't you feel like you fit in? Was it just a general personality clash or was there something else? I said this many times before, I can get along people well regardless of what they do. And they can have my same exact hobbies and life goals and I can't stand to be around them.... sooo be more specific. What didn't you like about this person?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

Joy, for fuck's sake, ever since I've got here I've been trying to tell people that I don't give ten shits about Fe or Ti, and yet people continually tell me that I do.

Recently, I've determined that I prefer Si over Se, and thus Ne over Ni. I've also talked to a friend of mine, who is an INFP in MBTT, and when we looked at socionics last night, he said that Fi leading, Fe demonstrative and Ne creative fitted him best (we looked at each in different positions). Now, based on my relationship with him, I really don't see how I could ever be an SLE. I actually enjoy his company. On top of this, how can I get on with people like Minde if I'm an SLE? It simply makes no sense.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    But on a serious note Ezra, you have to use some specific examples if you want me to understand you. Why didn't you feel like you fit in? Was it just a general personality clash or was there something else? I said this many times before, I can get along people well regardless of what they do. And they can have my same exact hobbies and life goals and I can't stand to be around them.... sooo be more specific. What didn't you like about this person?
    Three. things. Firstly, he's a very strong character. Secondly, he's brilliant at getting people on his side. Thirdly, he pulls facts and knowledge out at a whim, and defeats whatever argument I have in seconds with a combination of this, and a confused look on his face, as if I've said something completely ridiculous. Others around him will then copy him or say "I agree with that".

But the kind of cocky bravado and machismo he displays is very, very different to the way I act in life. While he would happily hand out his 'sex tips', I never talk about that. He has a kind of better-than-you, cutting, bitchy and arrogant attitude. He makes me feel as if I truly understand the SLE now. Now I'm starting to see the types around me, I can eliminate possibilities. Beforehand, when a lot of people on this forum were saying I was SLE, I could understand it and see it within me. Now I've had full on experience of an SLE, I do not see it in me. At all. Yes, we clash, but that's the tip of the iceberg. His style fits perfectly with the SLE. Only very occasionally can we talk properly, and then I have to be careful about what I say. If I express any kind of biased opinion, he just goes "oh my god, pass me my pistol now". He's a 7w8, so naturally there is a confliction. But whereas I don't necessarily want to expand like he does but present him with a challenge to his throne he's created for himself (8w9), he seems to devalue any input I have. The one time we agree (for the most part) is when we're alone. Perhaps this is because he doesn't have an audience he can turn against me or appeal to, and is laid bare. As soon as we're back out in the public again though, anything that went between us disappears. Take a bet I made with him and shook on the other night. He failed to pay, saying 'he didn't remember making it' and telling me and everyone else that I was lying.

So yes, agreements are few and disagreements are plenty. But at the heart of it, he's the sporty, image-conscious, 'womaniser' (I don't actually know this for a fact because I've never seen him pull, but this is the image he likes to portray). And I can contrast him to the less aggressive, less dominating SEE in my halls, who is the same, but has not actually slept with anyone, even though when you first met him, you'd be very surprised of this fact. And then when I asked one of my mates what he thought of me, he said I was pretty nerdy i.e. I like my games a fair bit, and I spend loads of time at my laptop on these forums, which he considers to be a nerd thing. He doesn't actually find me that aggressive, nor do many others, save for in manner and speech, in which I most certainly am. But my aggression has a harmless, playful quality to it. I'm tight with my money (but not at all thrifty when, I spend loads of time in my room, and I go to the cinema a lot.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's always nice to meet people who share my same beliefs. Yes, guys like that make me inherently uncomfortable, and it doesn't help that I'm sometimes sexually attracted to them too, which maybe Freud was right when he said that fear and sex are so linked. It's like I dunno, how they're so god-awful it makes them appealing. It's so weird and juvenile, and I think most of us get over it, but ....I dunno lol.

Well it only works if they're like that AND physically attractive, if they are really ugly it helps lol.

Others around him will then copy him or say "I agree with that".
    They're just saying that because they're scared of him and don't want him to blow up so they have to say that so he doesn't get all...upset. But you're the better person because you don't NEED that gratification really. How about looking it that way? No, people aren't scared of a lot of guys but god should we be? lol it's just fucked up.

And I can contrast him to the less aggressive, less dominating SEE in my halls, who is the same, but has not actually slept with anyone, even though when you first met him, you'd be very surprised of this fact.
    Hmm. But to be honest I don't think you really even know yourself either, do you? And in my experience, guys like that are really good in bed the first time, but they're not really creative enough to keep it going. So they're naturally good for one-night stands and fling fucks, but not if you ever want a stable relationship.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    you are a moron.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herzy seems like the only Beta ST unashamed of being Beta.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy, for fuck's sake, ever since I've got here I've been trying to tell people that I don't give ten shits about Fe or Ti, and yet people continually tell me that I do.

Maybe that means something? And your Ti is just preventing you from seeing it? Concider that?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Herzy seems like the only Beta ST unashamed of being Beta.
    And I am definitely glad that she isn't.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THIS WEEK, Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy

Recently, I've determined that I prefer Si over Se, and thus Ne over Ni. I've also talked to a friend of mine, who is an INFP in MBTT, and when we looked at socionics last night, he said that Fi leading, Fe demonstrative and Ne creative fitted him best (we looked at each in different positions). Now, based on my relationship with him, I really don't see how I could ever be an SLE. I actually enjoy his company. On top of this, how can I get on with people like Minde if I'm an SLE? It simply makes no sense.
    You seem static and Se. I'm not going to argue with you though. Think whatever you want to think.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I Am Not Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Basically, after a long time, I've decided that this guy I've been analysing on my corridor is SLE. He is far too different to me, and since I can't see any other possible type for him, I can't be an SLE. Even if this point goes unproven, I know I'm not Beta. The kind of atmosphere I've experienced which is Beta I simply can't join in on. I don't fully understand the workings it, and I have to work hard to fit in. And it's not worth bothering with.
    Perhaps it's because of subtype difference that you guys seem different. I know an Ne subtype IRL. He seems very different from me. And I was confused at first. But now I'm sure we're identicals, but of different subtype. Consider this a possibility, I'm not saying you're definitely SLE. But you do remind me of my SLE neighbour.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess if I'm an ILE, you could be one, too, but I don't think this is a very good reason to dismiss Beta altogether. I'm wondering if Expat would mind comparing us, since he's met us both.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    I guess if I'm an ILE, you could be one, too, but I don't think this is a very good reason to dismiss Beta altogether. I'm wondering if Expat would mind comparing us, since he's met us both.
    Okay, not necessarily all of it from a socionics perspective.

- Gilly made a more friendly, open impression. It's not that he greeted me with a big smile and hugs but he seemed more easy-going and relaxed. Ezra was not unfriendly, but he seemed a bit wary.

- Ezra had a bit of an icy, very focused stare and expressionless face listening to me; he could be either thinking "this guy is an idiot, I hope he shuts up soon" or "what he says is very interesting" or "I wonder what the weather will be like tomorrow?". Very impenetrable, at least to me. Gilly seemed more easy-going.

- Likewise, Ezra seemed tense but not nervous, Gilly seemed a bit nervous, or even a bit worried, but not tense at all. It seems contradictory but that's the best way I can describe.

- Ezra did laugh when he found funny something I said; and we said goodbye he seemed far more relaxed.

- Ezra was considerably less talkative than Gilly.

Of course the above can merely reflect the fact that Gilly and I had had more of a previous contact online.

As I joked with Gilly when we met in Berlin, neither of us showed much Se; we were both unsure as to where we had left my car. But I can't compare Ezra with him in that area.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are some very interesting observations, Expat.

"What he says is very interesting" is correct - that is what I was thinking throughout our meeting. I love it when people impart to me knowledge of a subject I'm interested in.

I think the icy, evaluating stare was a precaution. Because I'm not really properly acquainted with you, I can't just leap into active emotion. In other words, I'm pretty challenging either physically or psychologically with people until I get to know them, then they see what kind of person I am. Some are put off or taken back; others love it. Just be aware that it was a preliminary though. And if we meet again more often, you'll begin to see what kind of person I am with people I know. I think you can put it down to my 8ish guard.

Also, the talkativeness was I think due to the fact that I was talking to someone who was far more knowledgeable than me. I was intaking what you were saying, and I felt my additions to the conversation would've been pointless or useless.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, fine. Beta disowns you now. You have shamed us.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, feel out of, place too, Ezra, babe,,,,.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay so i make an ass out of myself at last once a week. happy now?
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I've got several points on your posts, Ezra. I'm not passing any judgement on your type though, so just take this for its face value:

1) It's certainly possible to dislike an Identical. I do know ESTps that piss me off to a great degree. (although I can generally see where they're coming from because it's easy for me to match their actions with thoughts they might not express.)

2) It's also very likely that you will get along fine with conflictors. I've never had any big issues with INFjs, and I have several of them as friends.

3) Typing yourself based off of your relationship with one person is a big Socionics no-no. It might be okay if you're working from your relations with dozens of people, but mistyping other people can greatly affect your understanding of your own type.

4) There are no absolutes in Socionics. There are always exceptions to every aspect of the theory. Treating Socionics as if it were carved in stone only causes stupidity.
    nice, herzy, i agree with your points here. i agree that it's important sometimes not to try to force and stretch the theory to apply to real life beyond its capabilities, and that focusing in on eliminating every single contradiction sometimes just leads to more confusion. you may get along really well with a conflictor, etc, everything you said x100.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell

Betas like sports, raw throat fucking
    your posts make me wanna break all your teeth my thick hard cock.

i think that little sample was a sarcastic rant
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion

what makes you think i'm being serious?
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Creepy-bg

what are supposed to think when you've got your cock already out and everything?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got several points on your posts, Ezra. I'm not passing any judgement on your type though, so just take this for its face value:

1) It's certainly possible to dislike an Identical. I do know ESTps that piss me off to a great degree. (although I can generally see where they're coming from because it's easy for me to match their actions with thoughts they might not express.)

2) It's also very likely that you will get along fine with conflictors. I've never had any big issues with INFjs, and I have several of them as friends.

3) Typing yourself based off of your relationship with one person is a big Socionics no-no. It might be okay if you're working from your relations with dozens of people, but mistyping other people can greatly affect your understanding of your own type.

4) There are no absolutes in Socionics. There are always exceptions to every aspect of the theory. Treating Socionics as if it were carved in stone only causes stupidity.
    I like this post. It's delicious, nutritious, and a part of a balanced breakfast.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Okay, not necessarily all of it from a socionics perspective.

- Gilly made a more friendly, open impression. It's not that he greeted me with a big smile and hugs but he seemed more easy-going and relaxed. Ezra was not unfriendly, but he seemed a bit wary.

- Ezra had a bit of an icy, very focused stare and expressionless face listening to me; he could be either thinking "this guy is an idiot, I hope he shuts up soon" or "what he says is very interesting" or "I wonder what the weather will be like tomorrow?". Very impenetrable, at least to me. Gilly seemed more easy-going.

- Likewise, Ezra seemed tense but not nervous, Gilly seemed a bit nervous, or even a bit worried, but not tense at all. It seems contradictory but that's the best way I can describe.

- Ezra did laugh when he found funny something I said; and we said goodbye he seemed far more relaxed.

- Ezra was considerably less talkative than Gilly.

Of course the above can merely reflect the fact that Gilly and I had had more of a previous contact online.

As I joked with Gilly when we met in Berlin, neither of us showed much Se; we were both unsure as to where we had left my car. But I can't compare Ezra with him in that area.
    Could you see us possibly being the same type? What would it be?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat

what are supposed to think when you've got your cock already out and everything?
    Bionic don't make me ejaculate something i might regret. what can i say i'm trigger-happy.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio

Bionic don't make me ejaculate something i might regret. what can i say i'm trigger-happy.
    what was that? deez nuts on yo' face?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what was that? deez nuts on yo' face?
    oh! did you just tea-bag me. cause my dick is already tickling your prostate.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) It's certainly possible to dislike an Identical.
    Just to point out, Herzy, I don't dislike you. I also agree with all your points.

i mean, have you read the threads on delta? can you frankly relate to the subjects overall?
    Yes.

I believe he was making a point, which you failed to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra

I believe he was making a point, which you failed to see.
    duh... really you think?
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like him, it's simply that we clash about 70% of the time. I love this:

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle Onassis
    I have no friends and no enemies - only competitors.
    It's not entirely true to me, but I do see the people I have problems with as competitors, which is why I have problems with them.