They're both on my corridor. I'm pretty good mates with them both.

The first one is a bit of a slacker. He likes to just chill and enjoy himself on solitaire, listening to music or playing games, and while he clearly makes an effort to work, he might not have finished an essay due in on the day until the last hour or so before he has to hand it in. He doesn't go out very much - he prefers to sit at his laptop. He's a bit of a geek in that respect. But like another guy on my corridor, he's defied my expectations of being a geek i.e. he'll play games and stuff, but then he's a good person to go out with and get pissed. A kind of weird hybrid.

When he says something, it can be entirely out of the blue, but I've talked with him before, and he explains that he thinks really quickly, so that when he explains something, he explains his thought processes and how he got there, otherwise no one knows where the fuck whatever he said actually came from. He's very open as a person, approachable and easy to talk to about matters, but can be pretty reclusive as I already stated. He's got a pretty standardised routine, and has few lectures to go to, which is why he has so much time to spare. I get the feeling that he wouldn't be bored doing the same thing for the rest of his life.

He doesn't really care about his social life a great deal like most on my corridor do, and he's not really driven to go out and get girls in a womanising way like a lot of the other guys here are. He's essentially pretty black and white in his views, and will sometimes try to argue for a position that he can't argue for, because he doesn't know about it, so he ends up losing. I find it amusing, because it seems as if he likes arguing, a bit like me. He can be quite aggressive, but it's in a jokey way. In that respect, I can understand this, because I have it. People misinterpret it for real aggression sometimes.

He really just wants to get rich in life so that he can enjoy it. He told me that he doesn't mind a 9-5 job if it pays a lot, because he can enjoy the rest of his time off. He has told me however that on top of this, he loves working i.e. once he's in work mode, he can go on for fucking ages. Then perhaps another day, he just can't be arsed again. He does what needs to be done, and nothing more. He says he works on the bare minimum maxim because he likes to maximise his own pleasure.

That's the first guy. The second guy I'm better mates with. He's really, really great company, and a very likeable person in general. He's an Enneagram 7w6 (I have a really tough time trying to type the other guy). I can talk to him very easily about anything. He often comes to me for advice about life matters in general, and sometimes we just talk about other stuff. You can't really have a heavy conversation with him, but he's not averse to discussing stuff like religion in the world and some philosophical matters. He loves to joke around and laugh, and he loves comedy.

He's a regular kind of guy. He plays football (loves it) both in real life and on consoles, and does his work on time but not days before it's got to be in (like a regular student). Academically, he has no problem whatsoever. Nor socially. He goes out quite a lot. One thing that can annoy me about him is how much of a pushover he is. Basically, if he doesn't have a proper reason ('I have work to do') for not doing something, he'll do it. So he ends up doing shit he doesn't want to do. I do tell him to just tell them 'not tonight' or whatever, but it's in his nature to just do that kind of thing.

He sometimes criticises what I do (i.e. I watch a LOT of films), but then when I ask him why he does this, he tells me that it's in situations like when he asks me to go to a party with him and I say 'I'm watching a film' or 'I can't be arsed dressing up' that he actually wants me to be there to enjoy it i.e. he's afraid that he won't like it, and if he doesn't, he wants to have a shit time with someone he actually likes - me. I'm deeply appreciative of this. When you talk to him, he's a very good listener and conversationalist. He always has something to say, and when you tell him something, he'll repeat it back to himself, almost like he's meditating on it, giving the impression that he really is trying to understand what you're saying.

He likes drinking games, and he likes to spend time with people as much as he possibly can. If he's stuck in his room doing work, he can only do it for so long before he gets bored or depressed. He doesn't like to stick with one group, and he's like me in this respect, but as I said, he's a bit of a pushover, so he technically has a proper social group who wants him to get a house with them next year, but he's getting one with me instead. I know they're okay with this though, as does he.

Career wise, I don't think he really knows what he wants to do. He's doing a maths degree, but I think he shies away from accountancy and that kind of thing.