Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    If you were to enter your specific birth data in an astrological chart program, the constellations will be positioned accurately for that time/date/location. Planets, house placements, etc. There's no "drift" of constellations that affects charting in this respect as far as I'm aware.

Astrological "analysis" can be intriguing in a psychological sense, if you're open-minded.

And FWIW, the moon has immediate noticeable affects on the oceans on Earth (ie: tides), so it really isn't too-far fetched to think it'd have some small affect on the 90%+ water-based human body.
    The moon would have an effect on the tides even if the oceans were some other liquid...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Aries, and so is my EII sister.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    The moon would have an effect on the tides even if the oceans were some other liquid...
    I fail to see your point on that though. Basically you just said that a certain moon position would affect everything.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Misconceptions about such things as the moon's effect on tides have contributed to lunar mythology. Many people seem to think that since the moon affects the ocean's tides, it must be so powerful that it affects the human body as well. The lunar force is actually a very weak tidal force. A mother holding her child "will exert 12 million times as much tidal force on her child as the moon" (Kelly et al., 1996: 25). Astronomer George O. Abell claims that a mosquito would exert more gravitational pull on your arm than the moon would (Abell 1979). Despite these physical facts, there is still widespread belief that the moon can cause earthquakes.* It doesn't; nor does the sun, which exerts much less tidal force on the earth than the moon.

The fact that the human body is mostly water largely contributes to the notion that the moon should have a powerful effect on the human body and therefore an effect on behavior. It is claimed by many that the earth and the human body both are 80% water. This is false. Eighty percent of the surface of the earth is water. Furthermore, the moon only affects unbounded bodies of water, while the water in the human body is bounded.

Also, the tidal force of the moon on the earth depends on its distance from earth, not its phase. Whereas the synodic period is 29.53 days, it takes 27.5 days for the moon to move in its elliptical orbit from perigee to perigee (or apogee to apogee). Perigee (when the moon is closest to earth) "can occur at any phase of the synodic cycle" (Kelly et al. 1990: 989). Higher tides do occur at new and full moons, but not because the moon's gravitational pull is stronger at those times. Rather, the tides are higher then because "the sun, earth, and moon are in a line and the tidal force of the sun joins that of the moon at those times to produce higher tides" (ibid.: 989).
    The Earth is a lot bigger than you, so the Moon's gravitational pull over a very large area (in comparison to you) seems significant, when actually, it isn't.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Earth is a lot bigger than you, so the Moon's gravitational pull over a very large area (in comparison to you) seems significant, when actually, it isn't.
    Um, and the mothers hold on a new born baby would have a big impact on the babies personality as well. That doesn't change the fact that the moon has some input, possibly in ways that we don't understand.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Maybe thought is stupidity, and the absence of thought is truth. I mean thought is directly dependent on our dimension.
    that is true in a certain way.. although it depends on how you define intelligence. from a universal perspective it is true

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, and the mothers hold on a new born baby would have a big impact on the babies personality as well. That doesn't change the fact that the moon has some input, possibly in ways that we don't understand.
    why do we discuss something which is impossible to understand?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    why do we discuss something which is impossible to understand?
    Because we are idiots. We are too stupid to understand that it is impossible to understand.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm not a big proponent of astrology, I mean a lot of its projections sound like a pseudoscience. Its not something that is totally impossible though. Planetary alignment HAS to have some effect(even if it is a small one) on a person's development. Everything kind of puts its print on everything. If I were to drop a small piece of dirt on the ground, that dirt would affect everything. The air would an extremely slight shift, everything would change ever so slightly. Gravitational forces would shift somewhat. Even behavioral pattens would change.
    Yes but, so must the stars, the comets... even the quazars at the edges of the known universe.

I know where you're coming from with this... but I... eh yeah communitarian thought only reaches so far. Somewhere along the line concrete phenomena must be considered.

Not all information is meant to be beheld by the id.

I'm much more inclined to believe black holes shape my destiny... but here's something to think about. Let's say someone who DOES think about such things as important is in a position of power. In that case, yes, their belief may influence the outcome of what you manage to accomplish... if you do not identify them.

Lately I've begun speculating about whether or not some people tend to get locked up in their dual functions when thinking about how to best use a given function. For example an ISTj who is completely ensconced in popular trends, or an INTj trying to understand the intellectual demands of the day. (not just the ideas intended to meet them, but the demands themselves).

(I recently finished Grandia II, which featured a character who could enter people's souls and predict the future. One intuitive clue as to the nature of the phenomenon was the fact that this character seemed to be seeping energy away from the people she was trying to help. It would be time well spent looking into other instances of "vampiric phenomena" for comparison, esepecially people who attempt to help others but only end up hurting them.)

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have shown you a report where this is clearly not the case. The mother's hold on a newborn baby is 12 million times stronger than that of the moon, I think you are forgetting.

Creepy-Cyclops

Why are we considering the moons gravity in all seriousness? I think the only way to attach a scientific credence to astrology is to perhaps try and explain it with something we don't understand yet, like solar energies or something. I mean we could try and make something up like the particular shift of the earths rotation in regards to the sun or something.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think you are all lunatics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you look at the science behind astrology (not anything to do with the popular notion of it), i think substance lies in the idea that it is, essentially, the study of what happens to products of a universe which contains many things happening at once, at different rates, in different contexts, for different reasons, etc. i think what matters is the causal relationships and the problem with this society is that few people care about them and instead just want to use astrology to confirm their delusions of making money, finding love, and that by constantly seeking temporary satiation, one can attach meaning to life.

while that hope is bullshit, there are naturally going to be points of coincidence in the study of the stars, planets, and everything in between, and studying these for what they actually are, and not for what one hopes his life would become, is nothing to squawk about. its just science.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are filling up your brain & its neural patterns with useless information. This activity is like overdrinking in terms of how it effects your intelligence. Do it long enough, and you will be effectively retarded

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Astrology is for retards. Even if I was a female +++ SEE, I wouldn't follow it.
    Each zodiac constellation has a month each or thereabouts, even though the constellations are not evenly spaced out in the sky. Also, the constellations have become increasingly out of sync with the yearly cycle ever since astrology was first dreamt up, and so the date you are born cannot possibly correspond to the constellation originally attached to that date.
    Honestly thank fuck for LII's. If you believe something that seems quirky, run it by them first please.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Link between retyping oneself and astrology

Are all those users (even myself) who retype themselves over and over related to the Libra sun sign?

I'm aquarius with libra ascendant, so theoretically I love to doubt.

Feedback?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huginn View Post
    I don't think Libra is anywhere in my chart. Sun and Moon and something else in Leo, Taurus ascendent, a couple of things in Aries, can't remember the rest.
    You remember too much! What do you usually eat?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sun in Aquarius
    Moon in Cancer
    https://www.astro.com>Personal Portrait

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pisces Sun
    Pisces Moon
    Virgo Ascendant
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ;29119
    I would like to see if is any correlation between type and Astrology sign (albeit I think there will be none and also think Astrology is BS). So list your Socionics type first then list you Sign.
    I am an INTj and in Astrology I am a Sagittarius.
    True astrology is a complex methodology involving the natal chart. A Sun sign is trivial by comparison.

Hint: maybe a first research correlation start would be to see which planets aspect the Ascendant positively. Just a speculation.

I have Black Moon Lilith trine my Ascendant, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon both sextile Ascendant. I also have Venus conjunct MC conjunct Mercury conjunct Saturn.

"I do know that if man is not affected by the planets, sun and moon, he is the only thing on earth that is not." - Robert Milliken Nobel Prize Winner Physics 1923
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-22-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Taurus sun
    Leo moon
    Aquarius rising

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gemini rising, Aries Sun, Sagittarius moon

Last edited by VenusRose; 01-22-2019 at 03:37 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni2 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cancer Ascendant
    Sagittarius Sun
    Aries Moon
    human flesh tastes like pork

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gemini Sun
    Leo Ascendant
    Cancer moon

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

astrology is bullshit
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Astrology gave me Cancer.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tropical/western:

Sun Aquarius, Asc Sagittarius, Moon Aries

Sidereal/Vedic:

Sun Capricorn, Asc Scorpio, Moon Pisces
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooh sidereal my moon is in ophiucus (interesting, i don't know much about this sign)
    sun in pisces I believe

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-C

Sun: Aries
    Asc: Libra
    Moon: Sag
    Midheaven: Leo
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Zodiac
    Sun: Aquarius
    Moon: Virgo
    Asc.: Virgo

Sidereal
    Sun: Aquarius
    Moon: Leo
    Asc.: Pisces

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tropical Zodiac Birth Location
    Sun Sagittarius cusp Scorpio. Here’s a tumblr-esque photo:

~ w i l d ~

https://www.astrology.com/on-the-cus...io-sagittarius
    https://m.tarot.com/astrology/cusps/scorpio-sagittarius etc. etc.
    Asc Taurus
    Moon Pisces

Sidereal/Vedic Birth Location
    Sun Scorpio
    Asc Aries
    Moon Aquarius

Tropical Zodiac Current Relocation
    Sun Sagittarius cusp Scorpio
    Asc Sagittarius
    Moon Pisces

Sidereal/Vedic Current Relocation
    Sun Scorpio
    Asc Scorpio
    Moon Aquarius

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scorpio Sun, Scorpio Asc, Gemini Moon, Libra Venus

Sidereal:
    Libra Sun, Libra Asc, Gemini Moon, Virgo Venus

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    astrology is bullshit
    Whoah, why the hostility... (rhetorical) I have seen the same said of socionics.

http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get...014/FULLTEXT02

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Tropical Zodiac Birth Location
    Sun Sagittarius cusp Scorpio. Here’s a tumblr-esque photo:

~ w i l d ~

https://www.astrology.com/on-the-cus...io-sagittarius
    https://m.tarot.com/astrology/cusps/scorpio-sagittarius etc. etc.
    Asc Taurus
    Moon Pisces

Sidereal/Vedic Birth Location
    Sun Scorpio
    Asc Aries
    Moon Aquarius

Tropical Zodiac Current Relocation
    Sun Sagittarius cusp Scorpio
    Asc Sagittarius
    Moon Pisces

Sidereal/Vedic Current Relocation
    Sun Scorpio
    Asc Scorpio
    Moon Aquarius
    I'm pretty sure relocations aren't a factor (aside from a fun what-if-I-had-been-born-here scenario) as the Natal chart is exactly that - a charting of Your birth. I'm not likely teaching You anything tho lol

Asc Taurus
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    LII 5w6 593
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was born 20th June 1992 around 3 or 4 pm CET, so:
    Sun Gemini
    Asc Libra
    Moon Aquarius

The rest - pic rel
    astro.png

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    I'm pretty sure relocations aren't a factor (aside from a fun what-if-I-had-been-born-here scenario) as the Natal chart is exactly that - a charting of Your birth. I'm not likely teaching You anything tho lol

It’s like an energetic overlay. It does make a difference IME and for some others I’ve talked to, especially if you’re there for a significant amount of time. Habits corresponding to the overlay stick, but can be shifted as you move around again.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Pisces Sun
    Pisces Moon
    Virgo Ascendant
    The Chart. I think I have a weird chart since it’s focused on just one half?

Oh, ok. I didn’t know about this. https://cafeastrology.com/articles/h...eemphasis.html
    Interesting
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345