Thread: Meeting 'immature' identicals

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Meeting 'immature' identicals

As in, if you met a person of the same personality type as yourself and they were at a different level of personal development, like they were really immature or something, would you like them at all? Find them annoying? Or just see yourself at a different point of your life?

I just met another ENFp, and I get the feeling that I'm looking in the mirror, but I don't necessarily like it. I hate grocery shopping with him because he's so mentally scattered and doesn't finish his sentences. "We need to find... *trails off*" Ack. I don't dislike him, I just think "Geez, do I do that? I gotta stop that..." I get vaguely impatient with him. Trippy.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently I 'm the same type as George Bush, senior, and AAhhhhnold.

So absolutely you can dislike your own type.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is it possible to not like 'yourself'?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer
    As in, if you met a person of the same personality type as yourself and they were at a different level of personal development, like they were really immature or something, would you like them at all? Find them annoying? Or just see yourself at a different point of your life?

I just met another ENFp, and I get the feeling that I'm looking in the mirror, but I don't necessarily like it. I hate grocery shopping with him because he's so mentally scattered and doesn't finish his sentences. "We need to find... *trails off*" Ack. I don't dislike him, I just think "Geez, do I do that? I gotta stop that..." I get vaguely impatient with him. Trippy.
    yes, I've had this exact thing happen! With other ENFps. It makes me more aware of how I annoy others
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh God yes. Some identicals annoy the pissing shit out of me! But some I love and model my future self after. So it balances out =] I think it is just because you can see inherent flaws in them so easily .. watching a video of yourself walking/talking/reacting. Then you look at yourself and think: No, that can't be me, can it really? Ahh, I'm not that dumb/annoying/embarassing!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think i've met too many other ISTP's aside from a coworker...it shocked me how much she stood out to me. Seemed very distant and hard to get to know. I hate that I come off that way.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally get along well with ENFps, but I can see how we annoy people. My husband has an ENFp friend who constantly wants him to help him with stuff, and then if my husband wants him to help with something he flakes out 90% of the time. It's very annoying. It doesn't bother my husband, just me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I don't think i've met too many other ISTP's aside from a coworker...it shocked me how much she stood out to me. Seemed very distant and hard to get to know. I hate that I come off that way.
    Yeah, it's not very nice to look at a mirror (I THINK I met one). But I wouldn't have it any other way SMILE SMILE WINCE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    It doesn't bother my husband, just me.
    that's interesting, have you seen him dislike any ENFps?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an ex girlfriend who was ENFP. She drove me nuts with her messiness and lack of follow through. I considered my self smarter that she but at the same time we both goofed up in the same places. Anyway, we're still friends and I love her dearly but I could not spend my life with her. When we get together we laugh and its an easy time but we just can accomplish anything serious.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    It doesn't bother my husband, just me.
    that's interesting, have you seen him dislike any ENFps?
    I haven't seen it, but if he disliked them it's possible I just never would have met them in the first place.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had two pretty good enfp friends:

one of them was a wannabe esfj...that part of him annoyed the heck out of me..and caused him a lot of trouble in other areas of his life. we were (are) both interested in things like magic/witchcraft kind of stuff. He hasn't learned to think about these things critically yet and does the same thing I used to do when I was 18-24...namely accept what's written/told because surely these people know more than a mere beginner like me/him. At the age of 30 he was still accepting things without thought of it, but had just begun discussing with me things that I had learned and what I thought about some of the claims made. he's a constant reminder that I do similar in various areas of my life and that I need to improve on that.

the other was just awesome. she was interested in personality typings....though not too much depth. and she was interested in becoming a therapist..and like me, towards the end of her training she decided that it wasn't the right profession to be in. I admire that she went into (and finished) the more indepth training though. But she's also a reminder of various small aspects that many people find annoying about enfps...and as such is a reminder of areas I could use improvement on.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, we ENFp are pretty annoying. I know several and they are quite blunt to others, uncommitted, irresponsible and such.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B...but I love that!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is it possible to not like 'yourself'?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer

Quote Originally Posted by socionics.us
    Identity

Two like-minded partners who strive to occupy similar social niches. Understand each others motives and goals and easily become jealous of each other's successes, especially if partners have the same social status. Good for occasionally touching base and sharing experiences, and for teaching purposes — if one partner is older and more experienced. Difficult for doing multi-faceted tasks together; partners quickly tire of each other, and cooperation tends to break down if they have the same status. Partners tend to talk only on subjects related to their mutual strengths and avoid other topics. They are not able to help solve each others' real problems and can only offer general advice and relate personal experience. In group settings identity partners who are already personally acquainted tend to avoid one other.
    So yes, it's quite possible that you wouldn't like yourself. It's also possible you're not Identicals.