Thread: Offensive description of EII

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Offensive description of EII

Offensive description of EII :

I can't really bear EII. They're narrow-minded and always want to be right. They usually aren't as empathetic as described. Empathy is really a thing.

EII are normative and perfectionistic bureaucrats (they even have LSI-like behaviour). In leadership situations, they prevent initiative and risk-taking. They are usually shy, unassertive and avoidant (especially women). They may become aggressive when dealing with people they don't like.

When asked to express their opinion about something, they will answer very conformistic (because of weak ) and hippie-like things.

EII are usually stone-hearted and misanthropic. They may appear expressive (especially women), but says the same things all the time, like a tape recorder.

Some anecdotes :

- One day, a male EII teacher went to my house to give me a 90mn course, as planned. When those 90mn were elapsed, he said "We'll see nexy week, same day, hour" or something. But he never came back. Why didn't he say that he wouldn't come back ? I wouldn't be going to harm him !

- One day, I made a compliment to a female EII for her artistic works. She said "thank you" and then I said back : "I don't that often hear you say 'thank you'" in fact, I should have said that she was somewhat cold-hearted in private.

- One day, an EII girl has had the boldness to say that I'm a lazy do-nothing. That's true ; but saying that like she did sounded so disrespectful to me that I tried to throw her out (physically).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I've learned from your anecdotes is that you are a complete ass.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me it didn't take this long...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Offensive description of EII

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    - One day, an EII girl has had the boldness to say that I'm a lazy do-nothing. That's true ; but saying that like she did sounded so disrespectful to me that I tried to throw her out (physically).
    One day, an overprotective LSE stomps you into the ground (while of course not trying to hide it from the EII, yet not trying to make a huge scene about it, but then again, she'll find out sooner or later because it's not something the LSE is/can really hide). The EIIs might get a little upset at the LSE, but it eventually earns mega brownie points, and then the EII and LSE fall in love deeply forever and then have great, great sex.

So I suppose you play your part in all of this, LII machintruc. It all works out in the end.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't going to write in this thread at all since it's a waste of time; only for the sake that some people might actually generalize behaviors of a type if it gets ignored, though I personally could care less.

I don't see the "connection" between having a type and people who also have the same type, in terms of "what's it to me" if another did something.

Carla Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:58 am Post subject: Re: Offensive description of EII

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

machintruc wrote:
    Offensive description of EII:

I can't really bear EII. They're narrow-minded and always want to be right. They usually aren't as empathetic as described. Empathy is really a thing.

EII are normative and perfectionistic bureaucrats (they even have LSI-like behaviour). In leadership situations, they prevent initiative and risk-taking. They are usually shy, unassertive and avoidant (especially women). They may become aggressive when dealing with people they don't like.

When asked to express their opinion about something, they will answer very conformistic (because of weak ) and hippie-like things.

EII are usually stone-hearted and misanthropic. They may appear expressive (especially women), but says the same things all the time, like a tape recorder.
    This is an extremely harsh description ... but I'm guilty to admit, there are elements of truth in this regarding (the negative side of) how INFjs sometimes can come across to me too. I think it's completely natural though ... it's to be expected from the Ti/Fi clash. In many other ways, I think INTjs and INFjs find common ground to get along.

But yeah, I find that in real-life, I get on with ESTjs far better than I do with INFjs.

So how do INFjs view INTjs?
    What he wrote isn't harsh at all, it's just false. I strongly believe that conflict is caused by lack of understanding. Things that come across and what is actually true may have no direct correlation whatsoever. You also don't have to ask how INFJ's view INTj's out of fairness, or it might have been out of curiosity. In any case, I will keep my perceptions to myself, since they are not general.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all honesty it is understandable as to why an LII would feel that way, be it negatively so.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    In many other ways, I think INTjs and INFjs find common ground to get along.

But yeah, I find that in real-life, I get on with ESTjs far better than I do with INFjs.

So how do INFjs view INTjs?
    My twin brother is an INTj and we are very close. We confide in each other to a degree, usually when he gets creative intellectually and comes up with all sorts of wild ideas I'd never considered. Whenever I have a question about something along those lines, he's always the first person I turn to and I'm usually pleasantly surprised by all the ideas, comments, or questions he is able to come up with. In a way, it kind of keeps me on the ball, though I remember times when we were younger when I would accuse him of being unrealistic or OVERLY imaginative just to throw kinks in the system. Still, of all the people I know, I respect him the most and he is the smartest man I know, for sure. In many ways, I admire his ability to keep his own perspective on things, no matter what other people say. I only hope that I have as much to offer him as he does to me. I just want him to be happy. He certainly deserves it.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Offensive description of EII :

Some anecdotes :

- One day, a male EII teacher went to my house to give me a 90mn course, as planned. When those 90mn were elapsed, he said "We'll see nexy week, same day, hour" or something. But he never came back. Why didn't he say that he wouldn't come back ? I wouldn't be going to harm him !

- One day, I made a compliment to a female EII for her artistic works. She said "thank you" and then I said back : "I don't that often hear you say 'thank you'" in fact, I should have said that she was somewhat cold-hearted in private.

Doesn't every type have its own worst instincts? It's always secretly bothered me that we all seem so quick to judge and so eager to withhold the benefit of the doubt from each other. I'm as guilty of this as anyone, but when do we take a look at what we're doing and realize that we're selling each other short when this is all we allow ourselves to see? In many ways, I wonder if this isn't the source of so many of our misunderstandings. Each of us only holds a piece of the truth, yet we continually seem to judge ourselves objective as if the puzzle were already solved! Can't we be patient and humble enough to see in each other what is missing in our own selves? I want to understand you, Machintruc, I truly do, almost as much as I want to be understood myself. I just think that we (especially on this forum) don't try hard enough for one another. I hope you hear these words as I'm trying to hear yours.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But these "observations" are false. If they're not made up out of whole cloth in an attempt to be funny, then the poster is just sadly ignorant. These statements cannot be responded to because they are not reality. And you EIIs who are so quick to point the finger at yourselves and search for the element of truth....stop it I say. We gotta stop letting people put us down. I mean, people are gonna do what they're gonna do, but we don't have to bend over backwards in the face of the most ridiculous assertions.
    That's why I think it's good sometimes to discuss the Ti versus the Fi view of the world ... to sort out the misunderstandings.
    That doesn't happen in threads like this. And why don't the people who want more understanding try to behave like understanding people? I don't buy that machintruc wants understanding and communication, otherwise why would he have posted it like this? It's just to get a rise (if he's joking) or to vent crazily. Either way, there will be no understanding. I'm getting sick of all of the venting about other types. When does the growing up happen? When does the understanding occur?
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    But these "observations" are false. If they're not made up out of whole cloth in an attempt to be funny, then the poster is just sadly ignorant.
    You will have been warned : topic's name is : "OFFENSIVE description of EII".

For most Alphas, offensive descriptions are funny.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the description completely.

A girl said to me, goodby and we'll meet again SOON.

Never heared from her again.

The annoying thing with INFJ is that they try to control the planning in a sneaky kind of way.
    They are also very boring because of their choices for activity's and their structure in their life.

I have to admit, they have a nice sense of humor.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    I agree with the description completely.

A girl said to me, goodby and we'll meet again SOON.

Never heared from her again.
    Yeah, that is one thing I am not a fan of either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will have been warned : topic's name is : "OFFENSIVE description of EII".
    It's not a description of EIIs, offensive or not. It's no more a description than "EIIs suck, because they want to make everybody eat venison". A non-sequiter, and not funny. Good humor has an element of truth.

Since it is not a description of EIIs, but it is intended to offend them, then I have the following reaction:

1. I am not offended by the things you said about EIIs, since they aren't remotely true. And if they were true, then I wouldn't be offended, because truth does not offend me.

2. On the other hand, I am offended by your animosity and your attempt to hurt people. Offending people on purpose is a form of attack. Your intentions are offensive to me, more so than anything you said.

My choice was to say nothing, or voice my opinion. I choose the latter, because I've gone away and said nothing far too often. And why should I have to?

For most Alphas, offensive descriptions are funny.
    So? It isn't funny because it contains no truth at all. Not because it is offensive. I'm not gonna bet money that you'll understand what I'm saying, but I'll say it anyway.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love to hear you EIIs get all pissed off. Its kinda hot

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.