Thread: Fi vs Ti

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi vs. Ti

When comparing the two, the difference is internal vs. external.

Fi: internal statics of fields
    Ti: external statics of fields

External properties are things that can be observed or measured. Internal properties cannot be readily observed or measured. "Statics of fields" can be read "states of relationships" or "stationary connections".

This is why Fi can look arbitrary to someone who values fixed systems that are observable or measurable (Ti). Fi values are instead internal, unique to each individual. There's more to Fi than it's own value system though. It's also about "hidden" or "beneath the surface" relationships between other people/things. In fact, Te types value their duals for knowing them better than they know themselves (in terms of likes and dislikes, among other things).
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fi vs. Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    There's more to Fi than it's own value system though. It's also about "hidden" or "beneath the surface" relationships between other people/things.
    Hidden relationships? Is this about identifying these in others or also occurring in self/other relations?
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fi vs. Ti

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    There's more to Fi than it's own value system though. It's also about "hidden" or "beneath the surface" relationships between other people/things.
    Hidden relationships? Is this about identifying these in others or also occurring in self/other relations?
    Well, if you like a certain movie, that's a relationship between you and the movie. (Does that answer your question?)
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom and my ex gf are EII's (funny how that works out, isn't it?) and they don't understand me at all. I suppose it would be much easier for an type to understand a type than it would be for them to understand a type since and both arrive at different conclusions from the same information.

can seem like a destabilizing force sometimes. I always like to look at how everything is equal and balanced, but comes along and screws up all of my equalities. I don't like it at all.
    INTj

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ataronchronon
    My mom and my ex gf are EII's (funny how that works out, isn't it?) and they don't understand me at all. I suppose it would be much easier for an type to understand a type than it would be for them to understand a type since and both arrive at different conclusions from the same information.

can seem like a destabilizing force sometimes. I always like to look at how everything is equal and balanced, but comes along and screws up all of my equalities. I don't like it at all.
    I don't think things have to end up so antagonistic, but I can understand how it might happen. Excellent pic, btw.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since and both arrive at different conclusions from the same information.
    I thought the difference was that they started from different informations.
    LSI

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    It's probably the Ti that had my ex saying - "this is my mom, so you should make an effort" because he wouldn't care how I acted towards someone else. Does it really matter that it was his mom? Not to me it didn't. But for his sake I made more of an effort. It's like when a friend of mine (ISFp) had said he was going to give me something, then later gave it to his sister instead - just because she was his sister and for no other reason. I believe that's a Ti>Fi kind of response. The rules and roles override any Fi connections between people, or lack thereof. You do this because that's what the role defines, not because of how you feel about a person. You keep people happy and it's dependent on defined characteristics such as "this is my family so they deserve such and such" "this is my boyfriend/girlfriend so this is how they should be treated" "this is how you respond to a friend". That's how it appears to me -- correct me please if I'm wrong.
    Diana said this here. I think it's a good example of Ti leading and Fi role.
    he's ILE
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    Depends how you define "information". Ti and Fi are different aspects of one reality, so they'll take different bits of information from the same situation/object. If you call the situation/object itself the information, then ataronchronon is correct.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    Depends how you define "information". Ti and Fi are different aspects of one reality, so they'll take different bits of information from the same situation/object. If you call the situation/object itself the information, then ataronchronon is correct.
    Eh? All elements starts at the same information pool. If you have a case of people drawing from different information pools, you usually have a divide over questions of language, knowledge awareness, or belief.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a question of information elements/aspects vs. information pool. One of them was talking about the later, the other the former.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not Ti, but rather Fi role, Diana. I mean, I know the point is rather moot, as you're always going to encounter Fi role alongside Ti dominance, but the matter is not the same for all of the people whom value Ti---just Ti dominants.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."