Thread: Thomas Jane

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane is an American film actor and co-creator of comic series BAD PLANET, which was based on a Vicodin-induced dream about "horrible alien deathspiders" Tom had while recovering from a car accident in the hospital.

Using all of the information below, how would you type him?

Pictures

Quotes

"In an Indian film that I did when I was 17 years old, and that's how I got into acting. I was living in Maryland, and some Indians came to Washington DC looking for a blonde kid to appear in an Indian film. It was like a Romeo and Juliet love story between a white American and an Indian girl. They wanted me to stay in India and I did another film over there, they gave me an apartment, a car and I was an Indian movie star at 17. But then I decided to return to America, studied acting, did a lot of theatre."

"I don't go to work to have fun. I turn up, say my lines, collect my check, and then go home to my wife and kid. I ain't there to stick around and laugh and cut up with people, and I ain't there to giggle and play jokes and pull people's underwear down and stuff."

"I try to work with people who are better than me. I for a long time considered myself a journeyman actor where I was learning my skills and honing my craft and waiting for the opportunity for something like this (The Punisher (2004)) to come along. I'm not good at vocalizing what my exact approach is, but I believe in using whatever works and making a sort of amalgamation of a number of different styles or methods to get the job done. I think that's what a lot of film acting is about. It's sort of a mongrel like approach these days. We use a number of different theories or beliefs to get you where you need to go. It's a personal experience. I don't believe in one particular system or method or another."

"There was a time when I just did [movies] to get the experience and training. Now I only do them because they are so good that I have no choice, and Stander was a prime example. I feel strongly that I shouldn't get involved with anything unless I'm 100 percent committed. I don't need to go out and work so much. I just want to spend time with my kid. I am turning down as much crap as I can until I find something that really bowls me over."

Interviews

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-r5cgNsqcw[/youtube]

Jane appears at about 2:04.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqkxiRKAzE0[/youtube]
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFJ IMO
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter