Thread: The Quickest and Most Accurate Way to Type Someone (?)

Default The Quickest and Most Accurate Way to Type Someone (?)

What would you say is the quickest and most accurate way to type someone when meeting them in person (assuming that the person you are trying to type will not be given any Socionics test, and has no knowledge of Socionics)? So what is your opinion? Are there any near-foolproof methods to type someone in person with almost absolute certainty?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not any that I know of short of smacking them and seeing how they react.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    Not any that I know of short of smacking them and seeing how they react.
    Interesting...How would you expect each type to react, then? Perhaps we could create a table, with reactions to being smacked sorted out by base function.

Rationals:

:
    :
    :

Irrationals:
    :
    :
    :
    :

5w6 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would smack back without thinking really :/

I, personally, would either...
    (A) Over-respond, freak-out, yell at the person who smacked me, and interrogate them as to why they would do something so irrational and uncalled-for.

or...

(B) Hardly noticed that anybody even slapped me at all.

5w6 sp/sx

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pandarian Brewmastery.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the person, depends on you. For Fe, Te, and Se dominants, their lead function tends to jump out at me. There's often a different "feel" to Ne/Si types vs. Se/Ni types (from my perspective). Betas and Deltas jump out as being Beta or Delta quite often. Se creative has a certain feel to it, too.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hippe clothing+preppy clothing= alpha (NTs plus SFs)
    gangs with alt clothing = beta (STs plus NFs)
    businesslikes with stereotypically womany/manny= gamma (NTs plus SFs)
    grilling things and camping outside drinking beer while listening to rock music=delta (STs plus NFs)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    hippe clothing+preppy clothing= alpha (NTs plus SFs)
    gangs with alt clothing = beta (STs plus NFs)
    businesslikes with stereotypically womany/manny= gamma (NTs plus SFs)
    grilling things and camping outside drinking beer while listening to rock music=delta (STs plus NFs)
    alphas i know are fashionistas nerds and dead heads urban backpackers (including moi)
    betas i know are jeans and t shirt, plain clothes plus some hippie
    gammas you are right about cept for female entj's who are also manny lol
    deltas make me think of my parents, no fashion sense

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed that sometimes there's just a "feel" to a person - the best way for me is just to see if I connect well with them or not, usually on the level of Fe & Ti which is easiest for me to decipher... Se & Ni a little more difficult. Basically, if it feels "right" then they're probably in your quadra (if it is extremely comfortable) or adjacent quadras. Meh, that's about it.

I also agree that dominants are very easy to spot, but for me, is like a blaring sign on people's foreheads. They all have this 'aura' which I am glad to notice.

I have recently come to the conclusion also that Fi/Te valuing people really give me a bad vibe on first impression. I will think they don't like me or something. Ne/Si is sort of annoying too, seems wishy-washy.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to grill, but id be bored quick.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Quickest and Most Accurate Way to Type Someone (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX
    What would you say is the quickest and most accurate way to type someone when meeting them in person (assuming that the person you are trying to type will not be given any Socionics test, and has no knowledge of Socionics)? So what is your opinion? Are there any near-foolproof methods to type someone in person with almost absolute certainty?
    First it depends on how experienced you are.

If you don't know many types in person: then perhaps you should try to find out their dichotomy's or temperaments or as Joy said, their lead function.

If you know many types: you could do some comparison with those people.

Visual Identification works sometimes, often not. But when it works, it's the fastest way of recognizing a type.

When you are experienced in how the compatibility of model A works (aka relationships) then it's also possible to "feel" how you react to their functions, how the person makes you feel and behave. How you see that person. etc etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    I'd love to grill, but id be bored quick.
    Your avatar is evil.
    why?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) VI+vibe. The quickest typing is definitely the one where you look at a person and realize he reminds you of someone - the vibe, expressions, tone of voice. Then you ask yourself a few yes/no questions to confirm and bingo - you know the type. The quickest that I have had are the ones where I decided after 5 minutes and then it took me 10 min to confirm that I was right. I think it's possible to look at a picture and know a persons type only from that, but when you meet someone IRL there are so many variables that you end up disregarding a lot of the information you would use if it was a picture.

2) What are the most vivid unique traits about that person. Anything that deviates from the average is good. You analyse each of those. And then you exclude types. Then you end up with about 4-6 types and then decide which type has the most similar vibe. Every now and then you end up with two types that are very different, but you have no reason to prefer one to the other. Then you just wait and see. And always, ALWAYS, check your typings with relations. It's not impossible for a person to be friends with their conflictor, but if their relationship history is full of "weird" relations assuming you typed him correctly, then don't treat the person really typed. Then see his type as "probably ****, but relations don't match".

3) if 1 and 2 failed, and you want to type the person, do the dangerous MBTI-like thing - "is he extroverted or introverted...Mhhh...". It's dangerous because sometimes a person seems just SOOO sensing, when they really are just very extroverted and quick to react (typical when typing ENTps) or they seem sooooo judging when they really are just very opinionated and a little stubborn. Anyway... this method is ok for checking the type.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/