LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta emotional intensity

Not quite beta Fe, but it is there.

Discuss it.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps supposedly have "finely polished emotions"

I see mine coming through in a similar manner, with intensity and severity
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What on earth does that mean to you?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really means I'm dealing with a ton of emotional stuff lately from all angles and have no idea how to deal with them or with people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOULJA BOY UP IN THIS HOE!!!
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky
    SOULJA BOY UP IN THIS HOE!!!

Most of the time I can easily control my emotions. When i'm stressed though... ugh.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotions are one thing I cannot control. Especially when stressed. It's not pretty.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deltas seem to me to be the one of the more "contained" quadras in terms of emotions - not to say that you guys don't experience depth or intensity of them.. just that the value of causes a real "cooling" of it in my eyes. It's not the same as Beta , by far. I'd even venture to say that you appear even "colder" than Gamma does, but perhaps that's just my bias speaking, being Beta myself. I know some IEEs and they are the most expressive of the lot, and that doesn't get expressive at all, lol. Most IEEs just make me feel awkward, the way they look at me when I'm getting into hyper mode as if it is a bad thing .. sort of a condescending stare. This one girl in particular freaks me out with these kinds of looks and I wonder why she can't join in the fun..

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still waters run deep, or so they say.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

bump, maybe i'll say something later

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    This one girl in particular freaks me out with these kinds of looks and I wonder why she can't join in the fun..
    I know this is old and I know I just 'rejoined' Delta, but I have to comment on this because it irritates me a lot when people make fools out of themselves (not saying you were, scarlett, just giving an example) by overreacting and being loud and immature and when someone doesn't participate, they're seen as "not fun" for not engaging in that sort of thing. What on earth is fun about acting like that? Just saying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I know this is old and I know I just 'rejoined' Delta, but I have to comment on this because it irritates me a lot when people make fools out of themselves (not saying you were, scarlett, just giving an example) by overreacting and being loud and immature and when someone doesn't participate, they're seen as "not fun" for not engaging in that sort of thing. What on earth is fun about acting like that? Just saying.
    I totally second this.

I can be pretty "intense," which I hate being called. I always felt that my emotions were valid for whatever the situation was.

My whole family is actually Fe valuers, and they liked it better when I'd restrain my emotions and appear "reasonable" instead of going off on a rant -- which is how I'd prefer it to be sometimes.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be intense in that I can lose it and go off on a tantrum. My husband is pretty even tempered but I've seen him go off in other situations. Also, he told me about this "team building session" at work that pissed him off and he apparently flipped out on everybody. LOL.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I can be intense in that I can lose it and go off on a tantrum.
    hah, thank you for saying this. mostly the reason i bumped this thread without responding was because i was internally debating whether i wanted to admit that i do this or not.

i tend to be kind of nondemonstrative most of the time but my emotionality sort of comes out in bursts - not just anger, but joy or sadness or whatever. but among my close friends and family i'm kind of famous for having a horrible temper, though its gotten better with time. hypothetically, i think it would be better for me to express myself sooner, but it takes me awhile to even process what i'm feeling; it has to kind of flow through my system for awhile before it becomes something tangible i can acknowledge. i don't know how that would be type-related, though, except for maybe a 9 thing. but most of the time i feel a lot more emotional than how i look outwardly, even if my emotions aren't fully processed into something expressible yet. and a lot of the time i hold back because i feel like my emotions would be considered strange or not suited to context, because i'm overly sensitive. and i also have this huge issue with invalidation (upbringing related).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    hah, thank you for saying this. mostly the reason i bumped this thread without responding was because i was internally debating whether i wanted to admit that i do this or not.
    Same here.

I can be intense, but I'm hardly a Fe type. I'm pretty much in line with many descriptions about Fi (especially introverts..). I think I might loosen up more than ITps though. I know when groups like that mean well, but I just have my own thing, I guess.

As far as anger goes, that's used to be harder to contain (could just have been because of age. Not sure). Perhaps this another opportunity to say I'm not a martyr? Have I beat that into the ground yet? No?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely think deltas are emotionally intense, but the emotions tend to happen on the inside out of proportion to whats on the surface, especially in delta STs. And the emotions are precipitated by and directed at different things from Fe-valuers'.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I definitely think deltas are emotionally intense, but the emotions tend to happen on the inside out of proportion to whats on the surface, especially in delta STs.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    ISTps supposedly have "finely polished emotions"
    i was going to ask what this meant and then something clicked where it reminded me of my own post in this thread. is it like they tumble around in one of those polisher things for awhile and then end up being sharp and shiny? or does it mean something else? not that i'm SLI...um.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Don't remember the context, I was quoting from a specific profile.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Deltas don't jerk others emotions like Fe valuers do in order to help their duals experience emotions and establish trust. We just don't need to do that, instead we just provide emotions/friendly support and comfort.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm emotional, it just takes some effort to express it. It gets easier with time though. Music has been a good venue for me.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Deltas don't jerk others emotions like Fe valuers do in order to help their duals experience emotions and establish trust. We just don't need to do that, instead we just provide emotions/friendly support and comfort.
    I think the jerking is more specific to Fe+Ni, but, yes, deltas prefer Fi+Si, which is a difference.

Support is good.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I think the jerking is more specific to Fe+Ni, but, yes, deltas prefer Fi+Si, which is a difference.

Support is good.
    That is the combo I had in mind when writing my post

We are subtle in our emotional approach; the emotions don't have to be upfront, blatant and like a bomb (so apparent) in order for us to empathize and understand what's going on. A good example of Fe/Fi emotions is the new Javier Bardam movie Biutiful.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've had emotional intensity a few times. Of course, nobody knew. They didn't ask.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I've had emotional intensity a few times. Of course, nobody knew. They didn't ask.
    are you having emotional intensity right now?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    are you having emotional intensity right now?
    No.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some say I'm bland and indecipherable, others say I'm transparent and wear my heart on my sleeve. And I'm just unaware of how I am or come across in general.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.