Thread: How to develop Te?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to develop Te?

This question goes to the ESTjs and ENTjs in this forum. I think that this will be more direct than simply reading posts and figuring this out for myself, which quiet frankly could prove to be a waste of my time. Also, I am being serious about this question so suggestions are appreciated.

Maybe you would first want to know the reason for asking. Well, I am currently studying in a technical field, which might come as a surprise considering my personality type EII. In any case, I am exposed to a majority of STs, in particular ESTj's, ISTp's. Actually, I have met a few ENTj's in my field as well. This constant exposure to thinking types has in a way rubbed off on me, and allowed me to change my perspective and understanding of certain functional aspects. However, this is not to say that I have changed as a person, only my perspectives and understanding of certain things. In particular, I have found that applying Te in some aspects of my life has helped me become more of the person that I think I am supposed to be, or at least, that I want to. The idea of combining a practical, technical and enterprising mentality to a good-willing and humanitarian mentality is something that I feel would be personally fulfilling.

My current issue is how exactly to develop Te in myself. Will the desire eventually cause the development? or is there something that one has to do?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am SLE, I have come to love Te. Especially over this weekend, and the few months that have passed since I joined the OTC. They are based on Te. You need Te. You will learn it if you don't have it. If you're shit in it, you'll still learn it. You'll begin to understand why you think what you do, what the best ways of doing things are etc. Take a leaf from their books. If you're willing to learn, you will learn Te. Find the masters, and become a master yourself.

If I am LSE, ignore this.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    If I am SLE, I have come to love Te. Especially over this weekend, and the few months that have passed since I joined the OTC. They are based on Te. You need Te. You will learn it if you don't have it. If you're shit in it, you'll still learn it. You'll begin to understand why you think what you do, what the best ways of doing things are etc. Take a leaf from their books. If you're willing to learn, you will learn Te. Find the masters, and become a master yourself.

If I am LSE, ignore this.
    OTC?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officer Training Camp (?)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officer Training Corps. It's similar to the American ROTC, except the ethos is a little different. In the UK, it's simply to teach us all the skills and ideals necessary for an officer. In America, the ROTC is actually a recruitment unit.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will look into it Ezra, thank you. I am open to specific ways to go about developing like the OTC that you have described, or more generic ways as well. When I said that my question goes to ESTj's and ENTj's I was trying to go directly to the "source." Maybe it isn't necessary to be so specific to get a good suggestion, so I take it back.