Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default videos of my chemistry teacher

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQG6kFzusTk&NR=1[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNoVc0QmTKE[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKadtPXeTFY[/youtube]

on friday we spent all day in chemistry class trying to film the dramatic explosion of a coffee can. for various reasons it kept not working. basically it was hilarious.

here are three trials that were successfully recorded: the second was the initial time that he exploded the can, and it was the only time that the can really did anything until the final trial. you can't see it, but at the end of the second one (the one labeled part 1) the can had fallen on the floor and had continued to burn, and nearly caused a big fire (in addition to the paper towel which caught on fire, which you can see.)

anyway, i'm basically certain of chem teacher's type (maybe with a small possibility of another one). i think there is enough material in these short videos to at least get close to his type. can any of you tell what it is?

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking Ne, based on his speech.

By V.I., I am guessing ENTp, but then again we both know just how valid V.I. is anyway
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    I'm thinking Ne, based on his speech.
    care to elaborate what about his speech suggested Ne?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know what, i'm watching these again. i can't tell. there's really not enough information to tell his type here. the third of these videos is the best because its the only one where you get to briefly see his natural method of discourse, but you don't get enough of it to really tell anything.

i don't want to disclose what i think his type is yet so that the VI-favoring people can have their chance at him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are the "cliffhanger" endings to his sentences his natural way or more due to repeatedly trying to make the experiment work?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is really my personal opinion. His speech is phlegmatic in the same way that I have heard ENTp's before. He also seems to move about as if he is unaware of his environment.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    It is really my personal opinion. His speech is phlegmatic in the same way that I have heard ENTp's before. He also seems to move about as if he is unaware of his environment.
    ok.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    are the "cliffhanger" endings to his sentences his natural way or more due to repeatedly trying to make the experiment work?
    you can assume that everything here is pretty much his natural modus operandi, especially with regards to his speech. it would be nice if there were a more lengthy segment, but when he actually gets to talking (in the beginning of the third video and at the end of the first) you get very brief glimpses into his general comportment.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI, idk maybe INTp. The way he talks to the class is really annoying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the second video, he put out the fire without changing expression on his face. seemed rather laconic, made jokes out of "i killed them" and "...seemingly innocuous substance..." which makes me think he finds thinking about impending doom funny. seemed to be rather in his own world (carried on w/ exp. as if alone when the students were talking amongst themselves), also took on an "imagine if" tone a few times (removed from present situation in favor of commenting on what the situation appears to be from an outsider's standpoint). seemed not to smile at all, yet had a commanding presence. seemed to "put on" some kind of dramatic tone for effect during the experiment, but that could be a matter of trying to keep the students interested.

that's about all i could extract as possible data -- INTp looks possible.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I had chem class in that same room.......
    Suomea

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those of you who say ILI are right.

reyn's analysis is absolutely flawless. IMO, she found every relevant and useful type-related detail that could have been found. basically, the biggest single giveaway of his personality IRL is his speech patterns.

his most natural method of communication is a detailed, monotonous, and often absurd monologue. he has a tendency to waver a lot from the topics at hand and doesn't really follow any kind of set method for teaching, instead rambling on about various social, english language-related, political, and other commentary. for example, one of his blatherings lamented that none of the students in today's day and age of health consciousness ever does drugs anymore, and as a result nobody understands the underlying subculture of drug usage.

you didn't get much of his monologue from these videos. i had thought you had more, because there are elements of it, particularly in the third video, in his pseudo-introduction to the experiment, and additionally in his expression, which is sort of time-wasting, trouble-making and absurd, when he shakes the can around excessively and in completely unnecessary ways (a very mundane and small example, but it's there).

also, as reyn astutely pointed out, he is relatively unemotional and ineffusive, and often partakes in a state of discussion completely and intentionally ignorant of what's going on in the real world, in order to create another one in which chaos reigns. for example: the other day, instead of reflecting upon the current political situation as it is, while talking about the amount of fuel necessary around the world, he came to the conclusion that ethanol was not the fuel of the future because it was very inefficient to produce, and consequently that the only thing that could possibly be done to reduce fuel consumption would be to kill 3/4 of the planetary population, and implement some kind of police state that would control everybody's consumption of energy. obviously, these are dark, brooding and totally unrealistic, yet well thought out imaginary sort of solutions.

i identified him as being Ni on the second day of class with him or so. there's perhaps a small chance of him being IEI, but i doubt it.