Thread: The role of IQ in dualization

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The role of IQ in dualization

EDIT: dead link

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USbFPxBpP0g[/youtube]

I think IQ is possibly an indicator of dualisation. In fact most EF types have low IQ, and most IT types have high.

That means that if I have an IQ of 126, I should dualise with someone who has an IQ of 79. 1/1.26=.79

That doesn't mean that woman isn't cool. She has just a low IQ. lololol

BTW, this could even explain why sometimes LII-SEE couples aren't that "conflicting".

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is about what you are rewarded for, Machintruc

You've never met a very smart EIE?
    I know a bunch.
    A few very smart ESEs too.

IQ my bum
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    It is about what you are rewarded for, Machintruc

You've never met a very smart EIE?
    I know a bunch.
    A few very smart ESEs too.

IQ my bum
    I know a smart EIE girl, but this is an exception...

Most EF types have low IQ. It's statistical.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ESE and IQ

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc

I think IQ is possibly an indicator of dualisation. In fact most EF types have low IQ, and most IT types have high.

That means that if I have an IQ of 126, I should dualise with someone who has an IQ of 79. 1/1.26=.79

That doesn't mean that woman isn't cool. She has just a low IQ. lololol

BTW, this could even explain why sometimes LII-SEE couples aren't that "conflicting".
    I hope your owners were responsible enough to have you neutered before you hit maturity.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For fuck's sake, this is getting ridiculous. People with an I.Q. of 79 are semi-retarded. However, if you can find an ESE who's in the right age range for you, female, and retarded (while still being Christian and beautiful), then I'm sure she'll agree with all of your retarded views (because you'll seem like an intellectual god to her)... excellent plan.

I just can't believe you're being serious with any of these remarks of yours.

Or maybe I can.

Oh, whatever.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    For fuck's sake, this is getting ridiculous. People with an I.Q. of 79 are semi-retarded. However, if you can find an ESE who's in the right age range for you, female, and retarded (while still being Christian and beautiful), then I'm sure she'll agree with all of your retarded views (because you'll seem like an intellectual god to her)... excellent plan.

I just can't believe you're being serious with any of these remarks of yours.

Or maybe I can.

Oh, whatever.
    Therefore, most EF types are semi-retarded... It's like saying that most IT types are semi-autistic.

That's right. I don't have anything against retarded people. I'd prefer to marry a retarded ESE girl than an autistic ILI girl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

machintruc, you have gone completely nuts. This time you make zero sense. Your formula only works for people who have IQ of 100.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    machintruc, you have gone completely nuts. This time you make zero sense. Your formula only works for people who have IQ of 100.
    That's Alpha-like humour, you don't understand...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does it seem like you always have to explain your jokes...do the other alphas understand this humor?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does it seem like you always have to explain your jokes...do the other alphas understand this humor?
    Probably. One day I have made such jokes to an ESE guy, and an ILE guy. They found me very very funny. But I know a LIE guy which doesn't find me that funny...

You can't understand Alphas, they're just so cooooooooooooooooool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably. One day I have made such jokes to an ESE guy, and an ILE guy. They found me very very funny. But I know a LIE guy which doesn't find me that funny...

Well I admit I have some problems every now and then Your opinion is I'm more Gamma than Alpha like then?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think I understand the motivations of Hannibal Lecter better.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I admit I have some problems every now and then Your opinion is I'm more Gamma than Alpha like then?
    That's right. lol

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have known some incredibly intelligent ESEs. For example, one guy spoke 10 languages by the age of 21, took part in bodybuilding contests, competed in rowing competitions while at school at Oxford, and composes, performs, and sells his own piano music. At the same time, he's got the bubbly ESE "life is wonderful!!!" attitude, and all his activities are part of the fun of life.

I see no reason to suspect that ESEs have lower IQs than any other type. They are often highly verbally articulate (usually more so than LIIs) and excellent communicators, and smart ones have a great interest in + theories and ideas. I think the best match for an LII with an IQ of 126 is an ESE with the same IQ.

(Sorry for being serious if this whole thread is a joke )
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's not.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Actually, I believe it has been shown that if a person's IQ is outside of the range of +/-0.15% of one's own then it becomes much more difficult to communicate with that person. Don't ask me to cite my sources though.
    Stolen Identity by Argentina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjC-q5FBgk

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodWanderer
    Actually, I believe it has been shown that if a person's IQ is outside of the range of +/-0.15% of one's own then it becomes much more difficult to communicate with that person. Don't ask me to cite my sources though.
    If you happen to come across that source, please get back to me
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Actually, I believe it has been shown that if a person's IQ is outside of the range of +/-0.15% of one's own then it becomes much more difficult to communicate with that person. Don't ask me to cite my sources though."

So if I have an IQ of 100, someone with an IQ of 99.85 is incredibly difficult to talk to? Big typo or something? 15%?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Could we please invent a fifth quadra for all those precious members who use socionics to nurture their delusions of grandeur? You know
    the ones saying that delta has outlived its purpose and alpha will rule the world and EF types are nowhere as intelligent as IT types and so on.
    It's time for the socionics sect. Then I can prove that I believe that there is something wrong with the world.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Could we please invent a fifth quadra for all those precious members who use socionics to nurture their delusions of grandeur? You know
    the ones saying that delta has outlived its purpose and alpha will rule the world and EF types are nowhere as intelligent as IT types and so on.
    It's time for the socionics sect. Then I can prove that I believe that there is something wrong with the world.

Also to be placed in this quadra are the tired redunant ones who think it is somehow smart to come here attacking and spreading crap about and beta on a daily basis because their quadra and functions are somehow superior .
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "Actually, I believe it has been shown that if a person's IQ is outside of the range of +/-0.15% of one's own then it becomes much more difficult to communicate with that person. Don't ask me to cite my sources though."

So if I have an IQ of 100, someone with an IQ of 99.85 is incredibly difficult to talk to? Big typo or something? 15%?
    Yeah, big typo. I was thinking +/-0.15x. x being the mean iq of the person in question. So it would be difficult for you to communicate with people outside of the range of approximately .85x-1.15x. It is also interesting because the person with the higher iq could understand some persons with lesser iq that could not understand them. A person with an iq of 100 could understand someone with an iq of 85 but a person with an iq of 85 could not understand the person with an iq of 100 (because 85 x 1.15 < 100). I still need to find the source for this.
    Stolen Identity by Argentina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjC-q5FBgk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I resolved the dead link problem.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not stupid.....It's ADVANCED.

My hubby is ESE, but I love him all the same

Seriously though, he is smart, just in different ways to me. I am English/Art/Media/Argument based, he is Math/Chem/Phys/PE based. Just got through Engineering 2nd year with a d average, so there must be something there
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by general statistics, INT's have the highest and ESF's have the lowest. but that doesn't have a lot of real world application - you're not going to come across and INTj with an iq of 80, but not every ESFp will be below average. I think my family is a good example....my brother is ESFp and I consider him above average - good visual skills, great attention to visual detail (motor speed), solid verbal skills, a little weak in math. my uncle and I are considered, whether spoken or not, to be the smartest in the family, and we're both INTj's. Instead of blanketing intelligence to certain types, people must realize it has to do with certain brain waves and patterns of thought, i.e., simply because of our logical skills and abstract focus, we tend to solve problems better. Although this is generally the case, I have come across a few ES's who can solve problems very well, but partly because they had been taught techniques throughout their life from school and whatnot. either way, one must take each case individually.

on another note, I have read that INTj's statistically are the highest, but the concensus on this forum and socionics in general, is that INTp's are the highest, with INTj's slightly lower. Anyone know which is correct?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that IQ might have something to do with you type, but isn't it an inborn QUALITY? I mean you cannot really change your IQ. Maybe a little bit... My boyfriend is INTj and his IQ is more than 140, his INTp roommate has an IQ of 130 and I score around 120-130 and I am ENFp. I do not believe that it has so much to do, it depends on the test really. The test we all did was about structures I am going to find the link so be prepared.
    Btw, my boyfriend scores really high though I sometimes think it is only about solving problems on the paper, problems with numbers and charts. In real life I am much better, he doesn't even know how to send his cv...
    That reminds me of a question: what is intelligence ?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulauch
    I agree that IQ might have something to do with you type, but isn't it an inborn QUALITY? I mean you cannot really change your IQ. Maybe a little bit...
    yes, and so is type, because of the cognitive function mapping. So, if you have the INTj 'personality' and an IQ of 145, you were born with both, uncoincidentally. You're born with your thinking patterns, so to speak, which correlate with type, which don't really change. As for your test, if it was online, I wouldn't make claims like 'my IQ is this', as those tests usually are inaccurate, to the benefit of the test taker. The only accurate online one I've come across is at queendom.com - you have to buy full results, which are very comprehensive and accurate. IQ is static and can only be "changed" up to 5 points. I have read, however, of peoples' IQ's rising from drug use, specifically LSD. Either way, intelligence cannot be quantified and one should not place too much emphasis on IQ but more on their true strengths and weaknesses and uniqueness.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IQ != intelligence

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intelligence = ability to do the right thing

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I don't know what my ESE husband's IQ is, but he does have a JD from Yale Law School so that says something I suppose.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    Well I don't know what my ESE husband's IQ is, but he does have a JD from Yale Law School so that says something I suppose.
    depends.....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    depends.....
    Let me finish that. He got a JD at YLS while at the same time having three babies within 22 months. Well, I had the babies but he dealt with it too. Got up with me for every feeding of the twins (who were born during the first semester of his first year). Not bad. Doesn't mean he has a crazy-great IQ but he's probably above average.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what would you say the average IQ of INTj, INTp, ESFj and ENFp would be? I still do not believe in that but maybe it's my lack of logical thinking typical to my type :wink:

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me finish that. He got a JD at YLS while at the same time having three babies within 22 months. Well, I had the babies but he dealt with it too. Got up with me for every feeding of the twins (who were born during the first semester of his first year). Not bad. Doesn't mean he has a crazy-great IQ but he's probably above average.
    I wasn't notioning he was average; I just know the kind of bias that comes along with the term 'educated'. however, I believe that anyone who attends yale must be at least above average.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauluch
    So what would you say the average IQ of INTj, INTp, ESFj and ENFp would be? I still do not believe in that but maybe it's my lack of logical thinking typical to my type
    these are my honest guesses. INTj - 120, INTp - 125, ESFj - 110, ENFp - 110-115. but you can never be sure....I mean, I just put the INT's in the 'superior' range (top 5-10%) and the other two in the high average/above average range (top 15-25), respectively.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my best friends is INTj and she knows 7 languages, is constantly learning, reads everything she can get her hands on, etc. Just super smart.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I am ENFp, I am Polish and I can speak only two other languages - English and German. But my flatmate, who is an ESFj and is German speaks FLUENTLY : Russian, English, Polish (no Polish or Russian ancestors!) and Spanish, French and Italian.
    As for the types, hm what you say seems ok, but I think it depends on person. At first I thought that you would suggest something like INTj 150 ESFj 100. But I think there is not such a big difference between 110 and 125.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE's are dum? well that sux.

B left off of dumb for the purpose of sarcasm. Ya know, in case someone's IQ isn't high enough to figure that out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I am ENFp, I am Polish and I can speak only two other languages - English and German. But my flatmate, who is an ESFj and is German speaks FLUENTLY : Russian, English, Polish (no Polish or Russian ancestors!) and Spanish, French and Italian.
    As for the types, hm what you say seems ok, but I think it depends on person. At first I thought that you would suggest something like INTj 150 ESFj 100. But I think there is not such a big difference between 110 and 125.
    150 is huge, even ILI's don't average 150 together.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 is incredibly high - the rarity is like 1 out of every 2200 people. There is no type that averages as genius. That is why I put INTp at 125 - because it is borderline giftedness. plus, IQ can fluctuate +/- 5 points, so go figure. A fact about type and IQ: IN's make up 2/3 of the gifted population. An N is 37 times more likely than an S to be gifted (harsh but true). Out of all the S's I have come across, I only consider one for "giftedness," but I am not even sure if he is. I would place him at about 95%. Other than that, most of the smarter people I have encountered (including myself ) have been NT's. It just comes down to the fact that certain thinking patterns correlate more with intelligence.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    the LSAT is pretty rigorous.
    yes, but understand that people are conditioned towards school. kids are taught 'correct' problem solving methods. thus, many kids score higher on tests like the SAT's than what their true abilities are. I believe you that it is difficult, and again, you must be highly intelligent to pass it, but scholastic tests are not the best indicator of "true," or fluid, intelligence. fluid intelligence - as opposed to crystallized intelligence - is, to me, more important because it deals with solving new problems, given no knowledge. It is how creatively, quickly and acutely you can think, not what you memorized for a test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast