Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Examples of Socionics Alpha types

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right..I guess a Ni type would tattoo onto their face the words "Always Tired". Makes perfect sense given the nature of their first function is to extrapolate everything through all time.

OR it makes more sense that a Si type would do that because awareness of tiredness as a function of the word always IS INTROVERTED SENSING in Model A.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jaqen - re: circumstantial, you misunderstood mere. I merely commented on the female IEI I knew implying the possibility for the same which exists in type descriptions too may or may not exist for this clown.

I agree with Sol he is IEI.

Aesthetics that have lost transcendental beauty have devolved to marketing gimmicks in this case.

I have many many friends ages 18-26 by the way including my fiance in the younger demographic. I am aware of some trends but type still plays a part in what an individual chooses.

Thanks for discussing!!
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*clown.

So there is some bias here clouding your vision. Got it.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqen View Post
    *clown.

So there is some bias here clouding your vision. Got it.
    I'm a conservative dresser, more classic. Even in high school I avoided outrageous trends. That is often beta nf though ime with others. Maybe there are exceptions.

Of the 10+ current friends and acquaintances I have in that younger age demographic, it just so happens that two of the beta nfs are the ones with colored hair and tattoos/piercings galore.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    There is no way I would ever deface my skin with a tattoo. 1) that's physical discomfort too extreme & 2) I would never be fully naked
    How do you take your Si baths then? Fully clothed?

My family has owned and run tattoo shops for many years and I can assure you all types come in including deltas and alphas. Some for superficial reasons based on in the moment choices they may later regret and have covered. Others want meaningful tattoos and have put a lot of thought and/or meditated on what they wanted. My SLI brother in law is a very good tattoo artist and so was my brother in law before him. My EII sister has no tats and neither do I. My reason is I never could see myself wanting a specific symbol for the rest of my life. Maybe I will get one on my death bed since it will all turn to ash in the end.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is no way I would ever deface my skin with a tattoo. 1) that's physical discomfort too extreme & 2) I would never be fully naked
    I also dislike tattoos, I'd never wear one, especially not since they became trendy, lol. However I know an SEI male who has like two of them. I think tattoos are not type related, though, I've observed some patterns. I also think they are more acceptable for men (culturally I mean). Personally I don't find tattoos as a good option/wise decision, neither find them appealing at all (because of the pain and because of aesthetics).

In my experience, never seen with tattoos, LSE, SLI, ESE, IEE, LII, LIE, LSI, EIE.
    Seen with tattoos, SEI (m), IEI (m), SEE (both), 2 SLE (f), EII (f) has one small thats always under her clothes, EII-Ne (m) who had no tattoos but wanted to become a tattoo artist (he liked to draw in ink and he was rejected from art school so he was thinking in doing tattoos as option).
    Last edited by Hope; 01-26-2019 at 04:24 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The loud clothes are Se quadra poor judgement on aesthetics.
    Si Fe aesthetics are Audrey Hepburn and Enya. Soft classic beauty.
    the main argument is that many tatoos - is a good mark of not Si type

Audrey Hepburn - IEI
    Enya - mb EIE
    but the both you may see on public often after stylists help

loud, bright, extravagant clothes mb related to Fe - from a wish to impress others. a doubtful taste - more possibility to N, Ni valued types. it's about common clothes, not scenic ones or rare cases

SEIs: Jessica Alba, Alyson Hannigan

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    How do you take your Si baths then? Fully clothed?

My family has owned and run tattoo shops for many years and I can assure you all types come in including deltas and alphas. Some for superficial reasons based on in the moment choices they may later regret and have covered. Others want meaningful tattoos and have put a lot of thought and/or meditated on what they wanted. My SLI brother in law is a very good tattoo artist and so was my brother in law before him. My EII sister has no tats and neither do I. My reason is I never could see myself wanting a specific symbol for the rest of my life. Maybe I will get one on my death bed since it will all turn to ash in the end.
    Eh heh that is just it. If one has a tattoo they always have covering. I would prefer to get fully naked. )
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I also dislike tattoos, I'd never wear one, especially not since they became trendy, lol. However I know an SEI male who has like two of them. I think tattoos are not type related, though, I've observed some patterns. I also think they are more acceptable for men (culturally I mean). Personally I don't find tattoos as a good option/wise decision, neither find them appealing at all (because of the pain and because of aesthetics).

In my experience, never seen with tattoos, LSE, SLI, ESE, IEE, LII, LIE, LSI, EIE.
    Seen with tattoos, SEI (m), IEI (m), SEE (both), 2 SLE (f), EII-Ne (f) and one and EII-Ne (m) who had no tattoos but wanted to become a tattoo artist (he liked to draw in ink and he was rejected from art school so he was thinking in doing tattoos as option).
    I have never seen an SEI with a tattoo but some probably exist. I would expect tattoos from So egos the least though because of body values.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    the main argument is that many tatoos - is a good mark of not Si type

Audrey Hepburn - IEI
    Enya - mb EIE
    but the both you may see on public often after stylists help

loud, bright, extravagant clothes mb related to Fe - from a wish to impress others. a doubtful taste - more possibility to N, Ni valued types. it's about common clothes, not scenic ones or rare cases

SEIs: Jessica Alba, Alyson Hannigan
    Hmm I thought Alyson was IEI. At least you and I do have some type agreements on the forum sometimes.
    ~* astralsilky

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hmm I thought Alyson was IEI. At least you and I do have some type agreements on the forum sometimes.
    average typing match is 15-20%. it's not high, but not zero, certainly
    it's about real match, which ones I saw <40% only. when people know beforehand an opinion of an opponent, the conformism may to make the match some higher. I saw >90% matches in such cases

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tatyana Lis - ENTP

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, an other lady baking cakes... alpha quadra style.

Titli Nihaan
    This is + to the max.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally found an video model of a german scientist I consider as my personal role model, in which he speaks english.
    He is a far more expierenced public presenter... but his way of reasoning is quite similar to my own.
    I think he's alpha NT.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all things considered, I still think Post Malone best fits the SEI creative subtype.

The "Always Tired" is extraordinary evidence for introverted sensing. Not that Post Malone is the kind of guy, it seems, who minds casually tattooing his body and his face, as evidence he did so in the past, to choose the phrase always tired stands out as a very significant emblem of his inner world and this is only accented by the fact its on his face directly below his eyes, a place you turn to each and everyday in full view, both to himself in a mirror's reflection, as well as the first object of notice when others look at him.

This is no different than a Se type tattooing a skull pattern on their face to indicate a kind of physical armour and a path to visual intimidation. That Post Malone also chose flowering script is also indicative of a more softer sensing, think more along the lines of an invitation to see his inner feelings. Just think about it: out of ALL the millions of words he could have written on his face, why would an INFp want to write the words, always tired. What? Is a Zhukov working him too hard, trying to get that Muse money from his album sales? No, I don't think so.

The issue is that tattoos alone are not an indicator of a sociotype. Suburban soccer moms are getting them. Culture moved forward from even 20 years ago. You walk through California, or the pacific northwest and almost every 5 or 6 person has tattoos, including woman with full sleeves. The face and neck are also not even taboo locations anymore. Tattoos are a sign of the times.

As far as Si and health goes, yes sometimes Si means a healthy practises, but don't forget, Si more-so means is about what feels comfortable/safe/welcomed/warm/habitual - for them.

This is how you get Si smokers, it's hitting them where they want to be hit, what feels good.

xgkgeynbuztz.jpg

post-malone-and-justin-bieber-2018-coachella-billboard-1548.jpg

Last edited by Jaqen; 01-26-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EposVox - INTJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, well, well, look what we have here Post Malone and Jimmy Fallon visit The Olive Garden. So funny imagine the restaurant hijinks that must ensue with this H A L ariois foodie related shenanigans, oh bou.

Funny that the producers decided out of all the segments they could do that having Malone and Fallon visit the Olive Garden was first on the list. Its because Malone told them he is a foodie? The answer is yes. The reason he is such a foodie is because he’s a ISFp.

Look at the way his fleshy , chunky, body fills the bench table seat and his warm inviting persona welcomes everyone in. Compare him to NF Fallon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to admit I never even watched the segment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Dmitriy Shepelev - ENTP

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqen View Post
    Well, well, well, look what we have here Post Malone and Jimmy Fallon visit The Olive Garden. So funny imagine the restaurant hijinks that must ensue with this H A L ariois foodie related shenanigans, oh bou.

Funny that the producers decided out of all the segments they could do that having Malone and Fallon visit the Olive Garden was first on the list. Its because Malone told them he is a foodie? The answer is yes. The reason he is such a foodie is because he’s a ISFp.

Look at the way his fleshy , chunky, body fills the bench table seat and his warm inviting persona welcomes everyone in. Compare him to NF Fallon.

I'm SEI and am not a foodie.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I'm SEI and am not a foodie.
    You actually makes a good point since you kind of typed him based on his face tattoos and him reminding you of a messy IEI. Sol said Si would not do that to themselves. So if he reminds others of SEI they know (for example) who is right? What if a self typed SEI typed him SEI? Do you automatically say they must be mistyped?

So here you see the stereotypes you hold while also denying the stereotype may hold of SEI. I don't think he is IEI ftr. Granted you said later that there may be SEI with tattoos but your first gut reaction was:

If you want Si think of a natural beauty nude in a hot bubble bath.

Not weird shit heh.
    You compared to self first. This is common though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    You actually makes a good point since you kind of typed him based on his face tattoos and him reminding you of a messy IEI. Sol said Si would not do that to themselves. So if he reminds others of SEI they know (for example) who is right? What if a self typed SEI typed him SEI? Do you automatically say they must be mistyped?

So here you see the stereotypes you hold while also denying the stereotype may hold of SEI. I don't think he is IEI ftr. Granted you said later that there may be SEI with tattoos but your first gut reaction was:

You compared to self first. This is common though.
    I would have to see more about Malone to truly type him because he could even be gamma but I kinda don't want to study him because his facial tattoos already create a strong aversion in me.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I would have to see more about Malone to truly type him because he could even be gamma but I kinda don't want to study him because his facial tattoos already create a strong aversion in me.
    I see. I have a similar aversion to some people with split tongues. Although it can look kind of cool or interesting on some, like a serpent tongue. It can still creep me out.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIK - LII (possibly LSI)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have come to a conclusion that Euler was LII.

His acrobacy in Ti was remarkable.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Friedrich Gauss was most likely LII too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Jackie Earle Haley - ENTP

Adam Scott - INTJ

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the guy from Slobby's World Gamma or Alpha SF?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pavel Ryzhevskiy [on left] - INTJ

Slobby Robby - mb ESFJ

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pavel Ryzhevskiy [on left] - INTJ

Slobby Robby - mb ESFJ
    I thought ESFJ was more likely too but I wasn't 100%. He places a lot of importance on creating a positive emotional atmosphere for people (Fe) who shop at his store, as well as making them feel relaxed and at ease there (Si). He values the clothing styles and trends of the 80s and 90s in a way that suggests a strong emotional investment in them (Fe) and he is generally good at helping people choose items that fit their style or personal tastes (Si). Strong preference for past novel trends like asymmetrical sunglasses and imagery derivative of old school 8 bit video game graphics. In that sense, ESFJs can be great "collecters". Reminds me of my ESE dad who collects strange old ephemera like labels from Victorian and Edwardian period medicine bottles. Slobby also has that Ne 'quirkiness' characteristic to a lot of ESEs that people (typology noobs, mostly) sometimes mistake for lead Ne.

I also have a hard time imagining a Se lead would be so heavily invested in celebrating past trends to that extreme.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    I also have a hard time imagining a Se lead would be so heavily invested in celebrating past trends to that extreme.
    I assumed Fe by nonverbal impressions.

He seems is attracted by emotional atmosphere of that time. Probably the times of his childhood or near.
    Base Se could to have own attractions to the past and own interests in collecting. Lesser emotional approach, more to a time period as a link on a timeline (Ni), to history in general. Also Se/Ni types may like expensive stuff, what old thing are sometimes.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assumed Fe by nonverbal impressions.

He seems is attracted by emotional atmosphere of that time. Probably the times of his childhood or near.
    Base Se could to have own attractions to the past and own interests in collecting. Lesser emotional approach, more to a time period as a link on a timeline (Ni), to history in general. Also Se/Ni types may like expensive stuff, what old thing are sometimes.
    Ni valuing types seem like they're more likely to drop interests and pick up new interests over time, vs Si valuing types who will sometimes devote a lifetime to the same interests. Exceptions exist for both of course.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faye Morey - SEI? @Sol

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

ile

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    Ni valuing types seem like they're more likely to drop interests and pick up new interests over time, vs Si valuing types who will sometimes devote a lifetime to the same interests.
    The main trait related to this is J/P.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Faye Morey - SEI?
    N. mb ENT*

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LII

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mellow ASMR - INTJ

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been a fence of ILI or LII for her for a while as I was watching her videos, but most likely LII. That shows up more when it comes to her videos on atheism usually, as she tries to go more for the ideas other side presents than the person, and she really doesn't give as much PoLR Fe vibe? Probably a more well rounded LII when it comes to social norms than usual type descriptions, but her insecurity over knowing what really is moral or not often shows up in "I do see your point too, so I don't really want to be so harsh.../I don't claim to have a moral authority on this subject, but that just doesn't sound right to me?" vibe unless it is something like child abuse, something she feels fairly strongly about and certain that it is something she morally opposes completely.

At this point, honestly one of few atheist side of the youtube channels I can tolerate (with Mr. Atheist, who I would assume could be ILE as well? Ne base for sure, and there is a good deal of "They are lovely people, but this idea is absolute horseshit" vibe with him too. Kinda has TMI problem, though generally pretty friendly and likes joking around, even if half of his jokes can easily can cross some moral line and get awkward responses.)
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 03-14-2019 at 01:14 PM.