TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Learning about yourself through dual interactions

Have you noticed anything like this?

By interacting with your dual, you learn more about yourself, and who you are supposed to be, not only to "them" but also in the world?
    Because they naturally need you to be "you", do you find yourself being drawn towards becoming something that is better than your own, solo natural state? Perhaps "better" isn't the right word, but, being around someone who needs you to be your "true self" seems to be very revealing, if you are open to it. Particularly if you are not or have not usually been around people who need such.

I am reminded of one of Rick's articles on duality.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After nearly a year of working in the same office as my dual (until being moved within the office recently), I still have absolutely no fucking clue how our dual-seeking functions interact or how we help eachother with Ni/Se respectively. I can see the Te/Fi exchange (she would often ask me for information related to our work, and I've always gone to her for relationship advice and thing slike that), but I don't know what would signify the Ni/Se exchange. But to answer the original question, I don't think I have noticed what you describe, perhaps for the reasons I've just stated above. Perhaps it varies per individual?
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have noticed it.

You seem to become your natural self. Even more natural then when you are alone.

Although I don't remember sensing anything that told me what my goal on earth was or something like that.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd definitely say Yes. Whenever I'm feeling down, it only seems to be LSI friends that can truly cheer me up, and when I interact with them more and more, (especially after a long while of NOT interacting with them and being with non-Dual people) I start to get this internal sense of joy, happiness within me that makes a lot of things better. I really do begin re-thinking my stance on the world b/c I start to see the world as my Dual lives it .. if that makes any sense, and I tend to want to recreate that. I actually want to "be" my Dual sometimes ...

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it is someone needing me to be who I deep down want to be, but might not be that way all the time.

Perhaps I should start thinking like I have my dual there all the time, hmm.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E / I differences?

E needing more to be "with someone" or something outside? Or perhaps because I am ES? Or perhaps because I have Fi dual seeking. Hm.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only know one ESTp and only for the past year or so. I have noticed that when I'm with him, I'm not afraid to be myself, I feel like I can just say whatever comes into my head or nothing at all and we seem to be on the same wavelength. I'll admit--it's kind of neat but I don't plan on getting too close to him--we are both married and the whole dual thing scares me a little.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    I learn most about myself when I'm with identicals. I see my strengths and my faults looking back at me.
    Definitely. One of the best ways to learn life lessons is to to take as role model an identical that has been able to reach some objective that we would like to, and "copy" his methods.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[web:70afbb75cb]http://socionics.us/practice/ego.shtml[/web:70afbb75cb]
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/