Thread: "I just wish that people understood ___ in Socionics"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "I just wish that people understood ___ in Socionics&qu

So what aspect of Socionics whether it be understanding a function, a dichotomy, a relationship, a quadra, etc. do you often find yourself frustrated at others about? What do you wish that people understand that you do not think that they currently understand as you do? And why do you think that people may have problems with this concept?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That the part of one's own type behavior explained by exclusive functional arrangement is not equal to unity, but rather that there is a quite large presence of common human characteristics.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wish people understood what an information element is.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

real life experiences with relationships. (compatability of model A)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most people don't seem to think much about what it is that ties everything that socionics talks about together at it's core. There's plenty discussion about what sepparates one function from another, but the amount of deliberation on what it is that all functions have in common that makes them into functions in the first place is lacking a bit.

Also I'd like us to understand 'judgment' and 'perception' better. I sometimes wonder wether we are all talking about the same things when we discuss these or wether we just have our own versions of them in our minds.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    The nature of Fi in particular, and the understanding that having a logical polr (te or ti) does not exclude a person from being able to think. The awareness that different modes of information metabolism, sorting and processing does not mean greater or lesser intelligence or capacity for reason. That having a Se polr doesn't make someone a pushover, or wimpy, and Se doesn't make a person want to stomp on and conquer everyone. That functions not in your ego block can be strong and visible and work directly with those that are. Examples are Fe-Fi, Ne-Ni, Te-Ti, and Se-Si. That we all have each function, though the way we process information can be very different depending on the arrangement of them. That a Fi polr doesn't mean a person is unable to form bonds with others, and that Fi leading doesn't mean that you always know what you're doing in a relationship. That there are more ways that Fi and Fe are used than purely people relationships, and Te and Ti folks aren't helpless in understanding people stuff either. That we're all complex and much more than a type. And someone being bossy or moralistic does not make them Fi nor does someone smiling a lot make them Fe.
    i think i agree with you on this and i think i'd likely pick this as my own wish. if there weren't quite as much Ti/Te polr-can't-think-ism and similar ideas going around i believe people would be more accurately typed right off the bat.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Mojo...

I think... what's lacking in socionics is mojo

People just don't understand how much sexy is in socionics, I mean, it's all about relationships right?

So, more sexy.
    wtf?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Mojo...

I think... what's lacking in socionics is mojo

People just don't understand how much sexy is in socionics, I mean, it's all about relationships right?

So, more sexy.
    wtf?
    oh dear.

are you t or am i f or am i f or are you t? i have no idea and i'm a little concerned about the q.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    real life experiences with relationships. (compatability of model A)
    YES

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    The nature of Fi in particular, and the understanding that having a logical polr (te or ti) does not exclude a person from being able to think. The awareness that different modes of information metabolism, sorting and processing does not mean greater or lesser intelligence or capacity for reason. That having a Se polr doesn't make someone a pushover, or wimpy, and Se doesn't make a person want to stomp on and conquer everyone. That functions not in your ego block can be strong and visible and work directly with those that are. Examples are Fe-Fi, Ne-Ni, Te-Ti, and Se-Si. That we all have each function, though the way we process information can be very different depending on the arrangement of them. That a Fi polr doesn't mean a person is unable to form bonds with others, and that Fi leading doesn't mean that you always know what you're doing in a relationship. That there are more ways that Fi and Fe are used than purely people relationships, and Te and Ti folks aren't helpless in understanding people stuff either. That we're all complex and much more than a type. And someone being bossy or moralistic does not make them Fi nor does someone smiling a lot make them Fe.
    i think i agree with you on this and i think i'd likely pick this as my own wish. if there weren't quite as much Ti/Te polr-can't-think-ism and similar ideas going around i believe people would be more accurately typed right off the bat.
    i'm going to sound like a parrot here but i agree as well. i'd also like to add that stereotypes and ignorant misjudgements aimed at other types seem to be major obstacles in people's understanding of human beings. on this forum, i'd say there is a minority of people who judge others on the basis of their lead functions. and that's a mistake.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quadras!
    I agree.

I would also add that I wish that people understood the value and utility of Fe and Ti, which seem to be undervalued on this forum at times.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quadras!
    I agree.

I would also add that I wish that people understood the value and utility of Fe and Ti, which seem to be undervalued on this forum at times.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I suppose the trouble is that whenever one pair of dual-functions (e.g. Fe-Ti, Ni-Se, etc.) are put in the spotlight, the alternate dual-pair are made to look inferior due to the forum "authorities" at the time (knowledge authorities, not rule enforcers) describing the functions they don't value. I think unless there were an equal balance of people promoting their own valued functions, this sort of bias would always exist. Even with an equal balance, there'd probably be the occasional riot and function wars. Either way humanity is fucked, if one wishes to view it in such an extreme fashion (not implying that anybody does though (I add these disclaimers because I have no backbone (well, I do have a physical one, but not the metaphorical backbone of courage (but I'm sure you knew what I meant anyway ("you" referring to the reader, not anyone in particular)))))
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wish people understood INTERTYPE RELATIONS. Then I could understand it. Intertype relations are what separates Socionics from all of the other type theories. Intertype relations are the key to apply Socionics in your life. There are many people here questioning their type and wondering what other people's types are. Instead of going on and on about functions or VI, if there were more understanding of intertype relations then type identification would be a little easier. Intertype relations are what make Socionics relevant. Intertype relations are probably the most interesting part of Socionics to the layperson. If you want more people to know about Socionics, then intertype relations are what need to be pushed. Everybody has relationships with other people, and the vast majority of people are interested in making them better.

Along with intertype relations, I too wish there was more discussion about quadras. Obviously they go together.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    I just wish people understood INTERTYPE RELATIONS. Then I could understand it. Intertype relations are what separates Socionics from all of the other type theories. Intertype relations are the key to apply Socionics in your life. There are many people here questioning their type and wondering what other people's types are. Instead of going on and on about functions or VI, if there were more understanding of intertype relations then type identification would be a little easier. Intertype relations are what make Socionics relevant. Intertype relations are probably the most interesting part of Socionics to the layperson. If you want more people to know about Socionics, then intertype relations are what need to be pushed. Everybody has relationships with other people, and the vast majority of people are interested in making them better.

Along with intertype relations, I too wish there was more discussion about quadras. Obviously they go together.
    Not only that.

You only truly understand socionics, including the types, when you understand precisely how any combination of relationships - for instance, why the LIE is the benefactor of the SLE and how that works, and what is it that makes the SEE and not the SLE the dual if the ILI. And so on and so forth. I mean truly understand it, connecting it to RL examples, not just parroting descriptions.

That's what I wish people would understand.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Diana