Thread: Submissive ESFjs?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Submissive ESFjs?

My husband claims to be submissive to me! ha. Do other ESFjs feel this way in relationships? Or maybe it's just because I'm his supervisor. This was the conversation (regarding our garden):

Him: I love those cannas - though I'd like a few of a different color mixed in (if you don't, then strike that) - maybe we could trade with someone. Thanks for doing that - you are the gardener extraordinaire.

Me: I don't think I agree with the different colored cannas. But we could certainly add different colors elsewhere such as the window boxes and others in the garden. What color do you want?

Him: A darker color of leaf - but I'll defer to you - really, I will. I'm submissive, you know, and just want to get along

Typical of ESFjs or just typical of supervisory relations? (he's this way about nearly everything, btw)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How I feel submissive to INFjs is that I want to do things to make them happy, and work towards good ends that would make them proud of me or at least so that I am doing something good in their eyes. It bothers me when I do things wrong in their eyes - this pertains to most people, but particularly certain INFjs, because I respect their opinion and take on ethics.

I could not really force anything on people per se.

But do I like providing assertion and forwardness? Absolutely.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because you are his supervisor.

But besides that, ESFJ's can be submissive, they are service orientated.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh yeah that sounds like supervision. but esfj's do like to please people they care about, too. but the supervision doesn't sound very Ni in this case! lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    huh yeah that sounds like supervision. but esfj's do like to please people they care about, too. but the supervision doesn't sound very Ni in this case! lol
    yeah i agree that you might readily recognize the Ni supervision with ESFjs!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know. You'd think he might want to do the gardening himself with creative . Or at least have a say in the color we paint the walls in the house. But he lets me do that stuff.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    I know. You'd think he might want to do the gardening himself with creative . Or at least have a say in the color we paint the walls in the house. But he lets me do that stuff.
    yeah really, how did you get caught up in Si stuff? lol guess that goes to show that we can end up with any and all kinds of interests irregardless of socionics type :wink:

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    yeah really, how did you get caught up in Si stuff? lol guess that goes to show that we can end up with any and all kinds of interests irregardless of socionics type :wink:
    Exactly. I think I'm developing Si a bit now that I'm older. The nice thing is, although he doesn't participate in that sort of stuff (well, he does occasionally cook), he SO appreciates it . He makes comments about the garden and the house all the time, how nice it is, how much he likes it, etc. Funny. I have an ISFp friend who helps me with the gardening. Gives me ideas about what to plant, advice, etc. My husband is Fe-subtype so he's not as Si-focused as some ESFjs I guess.
    IEI-Fe 4w3