Thread: Se creative or Se polr

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Se creative or Se polr

I have been thinking about my type again and whethere I am INFj or ISFj. I seem to get along great with ENFps and ESTjs but not so much with ESFps. I think it might help to look at Se. So does this sound more like an Se creative or Se polr?

Part of the wikisocion description of the INFj's Se polr is "EIIs are typically negligent of their surroundings and have difficulty keeping track of objects or constantly monitoring things and people around them." I kinda like my surroundings neat but I am way too lazy to clean it myself and I am not too bad about keeping track of things... except I have probably locked myself out of my dorm room about 7 times this semester, but I am kind of always aware of what is going on. I usually notice people walking by, entering a room, and things like that, but I don't think I have a really good control over it. I always have to look up and see who came in the room when I am watching a movie or if someone walks by while I am talking to a friend I have to look and see who it was. Also, when I sleep at night I have a fan to drown out all the noises because if I hear them I have to get up and figure out what it is.

Another part states "The individual tends to overreact to aggressive or confrontational behavior, taking it as a personal threat when it may only be a knee-jerk reaction or the result of a bad mood." I think I do overreact a lot and act very irritable where it isnt really necessary.

"He tends to avoid intruding on others' space or engaging in behavior that may be perceived as coercive" I am good friends with two people who are dating and I constantly am trying to make sure I do not intrude on their couple time. I am always asking one of them "is it okay if i come?" or something else like that. I can't stand people who control others or are controlled easily. I know one girl (ESTp maybe) who can pretty much turn anyone against you if she doesnt like you and that irritates me. Also, I know another girl who often uses pity manipulation to get what she wants. She gets angry when it doesn't work on me and I tell her that she can easily do it herself but is just too lazy to (not that I have a problem doing favors but she does it excesively). It's also kind of irritating when I play RISK with my ENFj friend and he turns most of the other players into pawns through skillful convincing.

"tries hard to handle his needs by being disciplined and well-prepared himself - rather than relying on others to do things for him" I don't like relying on others especially since some people are not the most reliable.

"If these strategies fail, his efforts at dealing with the resulting conflict make him look actively pushy in a way that appears awkward and unnatural to others. This opens him up to painful criticism and feelings of weakness and helplessness." I think this happens more than I realize. I told someone in my dorm, who I did not know, to buy their own wireless internet hub when he asked to use mine. My ISFj friend commented to me later that it seemed like I was being very rude for no reason. I thought it was kind of rude that he asked someone he didn't know for free wireless internet. I don't mind letting my friends use it just not someone I don't know.

"He is able to moralize and instruct others about what they should do and why, but he is not prepared for others' active resistance or refusal to do as he says. In his mind, this would require him to put aside reason and good feelings and simply make the other person do what is necessary. This is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for him to do." It is pretty difficult for me to convince people to do things. I tried to convince my ISFj friend not to throw smelly food into our garbage can because it would smell up our dorm and he just kept ignoring me, but when another guy told him not to he listened. That really annoyed me. Also, trying to get one of ESTp friends to something is very difficult and trying to make her do things does not go well and always ends with me feeling dumb.

I guess one of the things that doenst add up to me is that I don't really have an aversion to violence or aggresion in movies which seems to be a popular things for INFj's. Also I can be kind of vindictive which INFj's aren't really supposed to be. Though I usually forgive people just not right away.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creative/polr is a pretty big difference.

You don't strike me as ISFj so far.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    creative/polr is a pretty big difference.
    I concur.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you could potentially be an Fi subtype, coolguy, and possibly ISFj, but it might help to look at the different philosophies of the types.

(Someone please correct me if I screw up anywhere in this.)

INFj vs ISFj
    IxFjs are both Fi dominant, so their primary concerns are in the relationship arena. INFj backs their Fi up with Ne, but have weak Se. So, an INFj is more likely to ignore what a person is actually presently like if they believe that the person has potential to be a much better person than they currently are. This means they can be a bit overidealistic and taken advantage of at times, but they're also much more accepting and forgiving than an ISFj. ISFjs back up their Fi with Se, and weak Ne. That is to say, they see what people are actually doing and how people are actually acting now and treat that accordingly (not really considering much how they might act differently in the future). ISFjs may be friendly to people at first but if a certain line is crossed they will very clearly cut someone out of their lives (or whatever they think is appropriate). Thus ISFjs are a bit more realistic about things, although some might say too unforgiving.

Positivist and negativist might play a part here too - INFjs are positivists and also try to see the good in others and pull it out, whereas ISFjs are negativists and are more picky about who they hang around long-term. I'm not sure those are causes so much as correlations, though.

Criticisms?

And coolguy, which do you think better reflects your own tendencies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    (Someone please correct me if I screw up anywhere in this.)

INFj vs ISFj
    IxFjs are both Fi dominant, so their primary concerns are in the relationship arena. INFj backs their Fi up with Ne, but have weak Se. So, an INFj is more likely to ignore what a person is actually presently like if they believe that the person has potential to be a much better person than they currently are. This means they can be a bit overidealistic and taken advantage of at times, but they're also much more accepting and forgiving than an ISFj. ISFjs back up their Fi with Se, and weak Ne. That is to say, they see what people are actually doing and how people are actually acting now and treat that accordingly (not really considering much how they might act differently in the future). ISFjs may be friendly to people at first but if a certain line is crossed they will very clearly cut someone out of their lives (or whatever they think is appropriate). Thus ISFjs are a bit more realistic about things, although some might say too unforgiving.

Positivist and negativist might play a part here too - INFjs are positivists and also try to see the good in others and pull it out, whereas ISFjs are negativists and are more picky about who they hang around long-term. I'm not sure those are causes so much as correlations, though.

Criticisms?
    I think you've got the INFj portion sorted out very well.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, an INFj is more likely to ignore what a person is actually presently like if they believe that the person has potential to be a much better person than they currently are. This means they can be a bit overidealistic and taken advantage of at times, but they're also much more accepting and forgiving
    Mhm. ESTjs are designed to prevent this. They are receptive to idealism but are very much grounded in reality, and refuse to be taken advantage of - and despise when they see others treated in such a way.

The negative ESTj aspect of this is when they only focus on themselves, or those close to them, and allow "other people" to be exploited for the sake of the well being of those close to them. INFjs help ESTjs in that way by providing Ne to their Si, so they realize that other people need to not be exploited too, and as such become less selfish.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I relate better to the ISFj philosophy (Especially since I have cut some people out of my life). Also, I think I lean more towards negativist than positivist.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Fi types can easily cut people out of their lives, should they breach their Fi terms.
    And INFjs aren't just helpless people who need protection. I was just explaining things from my perspective.