Thread: I should learn to be more like my ____ to be successful

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I should learn to be more like my ____ to be successful

Which type (in terms of intertype relation, or just type I suppose) do you tend to think you should be more like in order to be successful (whatever that means to you)?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quasi
    Suomea

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even by your definition of success?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some SF.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I was more like an ENTj; you know, more power mad. Ah well..

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some SF.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supervisor.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I don't think I'm doomed to be unsuccessful by being my current type, I think being more like an ENTj would be of benefit, due to the EJ temperament but still being Gamma NT™. I've always looked up to ENTjs in a way.. can't really describe exactly what I mean by that though. Almost like a sort of admiration for the way they are.. I dunno, maybe it's just the specific ENTj I know rather than ENTjs in general. I wouldn't place too much weight on what I'm saying here though.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my standards - mirror
    the world's standards - conflict
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised how many people are saying types outside their own quadra... from what I've seen, types/people in the same quadra tend to be more similar in what success means to them than those who are in different quadras.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd definitely be more successful in generally accepted societal terms if I were able to mantain my traits and also develop those of an ISxj - basically, ability to concentrate for a quite long time on a given task that is perceived as duty. But I'd be better off at being SLI for my standards of success, that are feeling good calm and peaceful at every given moment in time given whatever external circumstances.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should be more organized, risk taking, "ruthless" in decision making, power hungry, better at networking and utilizing my networks. I should be more focused on _the most important tasks_ and leave everything else to secondary importance. I should be less focused on abstract, fun, artistic or idealistic pursuits and focus on where the core business is and decision making happens and push myself there at any cost. Whatever type that is I should be more like to be successful I don't think I currently excel in any of those things

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'd like to be more ENTp-like please .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, for me it's my activity partner, SEE.

Luffy (from one piece) for example, has the right idea. He surrounds himself with people who are smarter than he is (experts in their chosen fields), he holds a goal in his mind and ignores people who say it's logically impossible, he doesn't worry about anything or concern himself with details, he builds relationships, and he has fun along the way.

The embarrassing truth is that when it feels like the "reality" of a situation is totally exhausting or I'm frustrated or weary, sometimes I actually think about Luffy or Naruto... What would Luffy say to me if he were here right now? What would Luffy do if he were me? He'd be like, "Who cares about that? You know what you want, so stop thinking about reasons it's hard and go get it!" I actually feel an increase in energy when I think about that.

I wouldn't trade my type for any other, but, like my first post says, in order to be successful sometimes I feel like I should be more like an SEE.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I should be more organized, risk taking, "ruthless" in decision making, power hungry, better at networking and utilizing my networks. I should be more focused on _the most important tasks_ and leave everything else to secondary importance. I should be less focused on abstract, fun, artistic or idealistic pursuits and focus on where the core business is and decision making happens and push myself there at any cost. Whatever type that is I should be more like to be successful I don't think I currently excel in any of those things
    But would that crock of shit make you any happier?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

Luffy (from one piece) for example, has the right idea. He surrounds himself with people who are smarter than he is (experts in their chosen fields), he holds a goal in his mind and ignores people who say it's logically impossible, he doesn't worry about anything or concern himself with details, he builds relationships, and he has fun along the way.
    He ignores his dual and activity partner?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos

ROTFL

i think that strategy works in high school, joy

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. Robin and Nami help him accomplish his goal, not tell him it can't be done.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Actually it might because I feel pressure to be more like that. If I felt I can do all that shit with ease then I would actually feel some satisfaction. Of course I would become unsatisfied about something else then However that was an answer to the thread question Actually I don't really seek for big money or big position. I just seek a challenging environment where every day is a tough one and you have to pull some crazy shit to get things going well. And it should be challenging to my strongest functions not "PoLR challenging" or "weak function challenging" Perhaps the above is my role function speaking or something?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL

Worked for Henry Ford, too. And the Wright brothers. And... well, just about anyone else who's accomplished anything significant. http://interweavers.com/brett/humor/cantdo.html
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. Robin and Nami help him accomplish his goal, not tell him it can't be done.
    Then they are probably not his dual and activity partners. But you miss my point. If he is SEE, then his dual and activity partners would be the LIE and ILI or in other words the "people who say it's logically impossible." That sort of drive to accomplish a goal that is considered "logically impossible" and naive, is most associated with Alpha. In fact, this is what Gamma Quadra keeps reminding Alpha. Joy, you should know this.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it might because I feel pressure to be more like that. If I felt I can do all that shit with ease then I would actually feel some satisfaction. Of course I would become unsatisfied about something else then
    Yes there's always a tradeoff, all the traits you list are linked to low agreeableness, so it's unlikely that a person like that were able to, for example, form long lasting friendships or remain married happily or generally be satisfacted with his life.

However that was an answer to the thread question Actually I don't really seek for big money or big position. I just seek a challenging environment where every day is a tough one and you have to pull some crazy shit to get things going well. And it should be challenging to my strongest functions not "PoLR challenging" or "weak function challenging" Perhaps the above is my role function speaking or something?
    Maybe you're not stressed enough? I have worked in a similar environment, and due to my tendency to take up all the tasks that people ask me to, I end up overworking. For me, it's much better to set my own pace.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL

Worked for Henry Ford, too. And the Wright brothers. And... well, just about anyone else who's accomplished anything significant. http://interweavers.com/brett/humor/cantdo.html
    I think you should go back to school a bit.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then they are probably not his dual and activity partners. But you miss my point. If he is SEE, then his dual and activity partners would be the LIE and ILI or in other words the "people who say it's logically impossible." That sort of drive to accomplish a goal that is considered "logically impossible" and naive, is most associated with Alpha. In fact, this is what Gamma Quadra keeps reminding Alpha. Joy, you should know this.
    Have you gotten around to watching One Piece? Robin is definitely ILI and Nami is definitely LIE. That's beside the point though...

Luffy's goal is to become the pirate king (which is done by finding One Piece, a treasure that the strongest pirates in the world are all trying to get). People tell him it's impossible for him to become the pirate king a lot. There have been instances in which he's decided to do something (smaller things) and people said it was impossible and he did it anyways.

ILI's and LIE's do not tell SEE's that their chief goal in life is impossible. They may tell them that the methods which they think up are a bad idea or that they'd be more effort than they're worth or that there's a better way to accomplish the objective, but SEE's don't care about the details of how they'll accomplish their goals. They want ILI's and LIE's to tell them when something is a bad idea... but that's far different than telling them that it's logically impossible to accomplish a large goal that's important to them.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we compare the success of Henry Ford to a japanese cartoon. I mean, I won't even comment on this stuff, but

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL

To learn what?
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL

To learn what?
    Something about Henry Ford and the Wright brothers, in a more detailed fashion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we compare the success of Henry Ford to a japanese cartoon. I mean, I won't even comment on this stuff, but
    We're discussing a concept. Feel free to just go on laughing though.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL

To learn what?
    Something about Henry Ford and the Wright brothers, in a more detailed fashion.
    Do you mean to tell me that people didn't tell them that they couldn't accomplish their objectives? (With Henry Ford I'm referring primarily to laminated windshields.)

This is a totally pointless conversation.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes there's always a tradeoff, all the traits you list are linked to low agreeableness, so it's unlikely that a person like that were able to, for example, form long lasting friendships or remain married happily or generally be satisfacted with his life.
    Lol sounds a bit like me. Except so far I'm relatively happy with my marriage. So how does low agreeableness match to types? Some rational-type or Se-type?

Maybe you're not stressed enough? I have worked in a similar environment, and due to my tendency to take up all the tasks that people ask me to, I end up overworking. For me, it's much better to set my own pace.
    If you read my first post it is important to focus the tasks. To focus only on those tasks that are the most important. Drop everything else. I cant do that well but I know people who can. I tend to stretch myself which is one reason Im not too successful. I waste my energy instead of focusing it.

And I'm always stressed. It doesn't seem to depend much on the environment. I kind of feel constant stress all the time. I create stress in a way. So I might as well put myself into a really stressful situation because I feel stressed anyways. And I have found that I can adapt to stress better than many others exactly because a really stressful situation isnt that much different for me than a seemingly "non-stressful" one. I almost feel calmer and more at peace in a complete chaos.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you gotten around to watching One Piece?
    Probably never.

Robin is definitely ILI and Nami is definitely LIE. That's beside the point though...

Luffy's goal is to become the pirate king (which is done by finding One Piece, a treasure that the strongest pirates in the world are all trying to get). People tell him it's impossible for him to become the pirate king a lot. There have been instances in which he's decided to do something (smaller things) and people said it was impossible and he did it anyways.

ILI's and LIE's do not tell SEE's that their chief goal in life is impossible. They may tell them that the methods which they think up are a bad idea or that they'd be more effort than they're worth or that there's a better way to accomplish the objective, but SEE's don't care about the details of how they'll accomplish their goals. They want ILI's and LIE's to tell them when something is a bad idea... but that's far different than telling them that it's logically impossible to accomplish a large goal that's important to them.
    I will leave you then to your "Wishful Thinking" method of typing then. I need a serious break from this forum. is dead.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

method of typing?
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

method of typing?
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Barbary Macaque? No, they don't have tails.
    The tails are too fat! We should get the distribution a liposuction!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJ, probably LIE.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, sorry, thumbs up!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw i want to be more ESXx maybe more ESXj in general and get shit done constantly.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone who uses Fe readily and easily, more towards ESFj. Perhaps ESFp, some F type.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast