TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Props to ISFj

Oh boy, I was trying to hold back laughter

one of our senior RAs is an ESI, and she was busting on an ESE partier. I heard the ESE complaining about it, whining - it was great. Really. This SRA is actually really good about things, too - she's level, smart, and pretty hot, too.

So yes, props to ESIs.

I love it when people take their jobs seriously. And I couldn't help but enjoy the ESE squirming in agony when recalling getting busted.

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it's really nice when negativists stop positivists that are just trying to spread happiness in the world, really
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    yeah it's really nice when negativists stop positivists that are just trying to spread happiness in the world, really
    It must be stopped!
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Suomea

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booo hoo

You don't understand that your "happiness" is selfcentered. People are trying to study, or sleep, and you're out fucking around.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Booo hoo

You don't understand that your "happiness" is selfcentered. People are trying to study, or sleep, and you're out fucking around.
    I think everybody should be out fucking around. That's not self centered.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not self-centered to impose your values on others?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Is he doing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said I think, I never forced anybody to do anything, bitch.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courage: *talks about how he was amused when someone got in trouble for being too loud in a college dorm*
    FDG: yeah it's really nice when negativists stop positivists that are just trying to spread happiness in the world, really
    Courage: You don't understand that your "happiness" is selfcentered. People are trying to study, or sleep, and you're out fucking around.
    FDG: I think everybody should be out fucking around. That's not self centered.
    Joy: It's not self-centered to impose your values on others?
    FDG: I said I think, I never forced anybody to do anything, bitch.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the problem with that? Forcing requires a material act of will.

I also generally love to give to Courage the image of myself as some incredible troublemaker just to see him spouting off some self righteous bullshit.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong...

You're saying it's not self-centered to keep people awake or keep them from studying because they should be partying, too. You may not be forcing them to party, but you're in effect saying that you thinks it's okay to keep them from studying or sleeping. By saying that others forfeit their rights because they should be doing what you think they should be doing (instead of studying or sleeping), you're imposing your personal values on them.

I also generally love to give to Courage the image of myself as some incredible troublemaker just to see him spouting off some self righteous bullshit.
    Gotcha. (What I said in the subject line of the PM I sent you applies here, too. )
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha. (What I said in the subject line of the PM I sent you applies here, too. )
    I think you should stop telling that you send Pms to other people. I need to clarify publicly that she was the one sending it to me because I don't personally interact with Joy nor I want to give off the image of somebody that intimately interacts with you. I'm not sure if you understand that you artificially send signals that you're "friend" with the person when you do this.

By the way, I don't really understand how anybody could take my answer seriously.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should stop telling that you send Pms to other people. I need to clarify publicly that she was the one sending it to me because I don't personally interact with Joy nor I want to give off the image of somebody that intimately interacts with you. I'm not sure if you understand that you artificially send signals that you're "friend" with the person when you do this.
    That was certainly not the intention, and I don't understand why people would assume that one has to be friends with someone to send that person a PM.

By the way, I don't really understand how anybody could take my answer seriously.
    I didn't.
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet you have an ESI dual?

You really do not react well to whenever I bring it up here on the forums.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case, I would have told the ESI to be less strict with him. I do it IRL and it works. Distracting them towards something more pleasant.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen him respond positively to Fi from anyone on the forums.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case, I would have told the ESI to be less strict with him. I do it IRL and it works. Distracting them towards something more pleasant.
    That wouldn't work with any of the ESI's I've ever known, nor do I see how it fits the theory.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*awaits the "well you're stupid!" response*
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That wouldn't work with any of the ESI's I've ever known, nor do I see how it fits the theory.
    There are different options:
    - Either we type as ESI different people, in that case there are equal chances of one of us being wrong
    - Or the ESIs we know are differnt
    - Or maybe the way I do what I say is different from the way you picture it in your mind, so that ESIs don't react as you predict (it's generally like "Hey who gives a shit about that guy lolololol, let's go do something else"). There are various descriptions that say LIEs "soften" ESIs (this is for when you say it doesn't fit the theory).

By the way, I don't see why Fi is pictured as the hard-ass morality function. Even Diana - we all agree on her being Fi dominant, right? - bitches about this misconception.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Or maybe the way I do what I say is different from the way you picture it in your mind, so that ESIs don't react as you predict (it's generally like "Hey who gives a shit about that guy lolololol, let's go do something else").
    I could easily be picturing it wrong, but no matter how I try to picture it, that wouldn't work on the ESI's I've known... and again, I don't understand how it would theoretically work, either. ESI's don't just drop it when people say stuff like that. If they did, ExTps and ESI's would get along MUCH better than they do.

There are various descriptions that say LIEs "soften" ESIs (this is for when you say it doesn't fit the theory).
    Yes, but probably not in that regard. It's more like... they're able to take things less seriously and they're able to relax. That doesn't mean that they'll be any less Fi + Se though. And I would think most LIE's would be glad that most ESI's are capable of handling situations like that.

By the way, I don't see why Fi is pictured as the hard-ass morality function. Even Diana - we all agree on her being Fi dominant, right? - bitches about this misconception.
    Yes. That's not what this is about though. It's not a matter of right and wrong (or even inconsideration). The dorm warden was just doing her job. Her job exists because others need to be able to sleep and study and not die in a raging fire and whatnot.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG = ESTp.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    FDG = ESTp.
    Mhm. Not quite gamma.

Fe > Fi

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    FDG = ESTp.
    Look. Don't you think an ISFj would react badly to his supervisee trying to calm her down?

Courage: I don't see where you see the Fi. Mine seems like the typical reaction of a positivist-extravert (ESFJENTPESFPENTJ). If you go around your dorms, you can bet that those fours are the ones that make the most noise.

I could easily be picturing it wrong, but no matter how I try to picture it, that wouldn't work on the ESI's I've known... and again, I don't understand how it would theoretically work, either.
    It works like this:

ESI: BLAH BLAH BLAH X IS SHIT BLAH BLAH HE SHOULD BE BANNED/IMPRISONED/BLAHBLAH
    LIE: MMM. Look! A mosquito on your shirt!! *LIE touches ESI's tit with this excuse* (there was no mosquito)
    ESI: *blushing**slaps LIE on the back* What are you doing!
    LIE: Okay let's go doing something more fun/productive than sitting around telling off this guy. Like having sex.

As far as the theory, there are many instances, and I will now quote them all:

Quote Originally Posted by www.socioscope.com
    Obstinacy [ESI] already entered into the saying. If it is rested into something - it then and by tank you will not move. In this state any admonitions will jump aside from it as from the wall pea. The power action it can answer still stronger. It is best anything not to lead situation to the opposition.

Only method to easily and rapidly derive it from the paroxysm of obstinacy - joke or the sharp, unexpected change of its attention: “A in you milk ran out…” Let us say directly: this method “the abstraction of attention” is fairly complicated and does not always operate. Successfully by them can use only [LIE], [dual] [ESI]: it will know how by joke to discharge situation and “the narrative” of it after itself.
    It is very obstinate, unwillingly changes its opinion. Sometimes, feeling the hostile mood of those surrounding, Dreiser can begin "to protect" even before it "attacked", but then it almost immediately notes its injustice and are experienced the most severe pangs cower ". Dreiser cannot first attack this it contradicts his ethical program.
    In the contact he manifests the friendliness, knows how to be communicable, diplomaticallly he tries to find common language in any company, he knows how to be charming [ --]. He values a good humor, joke, charges all by his merriment and optimism, he loves to tell anecdotes and because of this characteristic, the ENTjs soothens and calms his eternally worried dual the ISFj.
    Boo @ all of you trying to mistify socionics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE: MMM. Look! A mosquito on your shirt!! *LIE touches ESI's tit with this excuse* (there was no mosquito)
    LIE: Okay let's go doing something more fun/productive than sitting around telling off this guy. Like having sex.
    I don't think that sounds like LIE.

I pity your souls

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro

yarrr
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it sound like? It's a prime example of the quote I have given right after (the "abstraction of attention" part). I can't believe you people can't see it. A "sharp, unexpected" change of subject.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it sound like? It's a prime example of the quote I have given right after (the "abstraction of attention" part). I can't believe you people can't see it. A "sharp, unexpected" change of subject.
    I don't know how good the example itself was but I have observed the phenomena of "sharp, unexpected change of subject". It annoys me or amuses me depending on whether the subject was a serious one or not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FDG: It strikes me as EP-like, and probably ESp>ENp.

I pity your souls

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like an ENTj, just one with as his first function.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My ISFj sister would get furious over this. The ISFjs I know HATE it when they talk about things
    that are important to them and people start teasing them or appear to not take them seriously. I also cannot really see an ENTj trying this method. I agree that ENTjs may want to soften the ISFjs strong opinion, but they would use Te. The above exchange
    sounds very ESTp-INFp to me.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is honestly one of the most strikingly obvious things that you've written with regards to your type.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see an ILE doing that though, the distraction thing your talking about
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It works like this:
    No offense FDG but sounds exactly like something my ESTp friend has said. I was talking to her about something personal and important and she completely changed the subject. It severly pissed me off and convinced me that she is not someone worth sharing anything personal with.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a different situation, coolguy. When a matter is important, then it's inappropriate to change subject. When, instead, there's just some wallowing in a situation that isn't particularly important (like the one I outlined above), then the "changing subject" mentality should be used.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a different situation, coolguy. When a matter is important, then it's inappropriate to change subject. When, instead, there's just some wallowing in a situation that isn't particularly important (like the one I outlined above), then the "changing subject" mentality should be used.
    The problem is, what if you think a matter is not important, but the ISFj does? And you change the subject without making an acceptable case for its unimportance?

I pity your souls

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is, what if you think a matter is not important, but the ISFj does? And you change the subject without making an acceptable case for its unimportance?
    No ISFj has ever complained about this. So, I suppose we are in agreement about what is important, and what is not, otherwise relationships wouldn't be sustainable.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    My ISFj sister would get furious over this. The ISFjs I know HATE it when they talk about things
    that are important to them and people start teasing them or appear to not take them seriously. I also cannot really see an ENTj trying this method. I agree that ENTjs may want to soften the ISFjs strong opinion, but they would use Te. The above exchange
    sounds very ESTp-INFp to me.
    haha, very much agree. isn't it even written in the "how to dump gamma women" description that the quickest way to break up with an ISFj is to not take a serious stance towards life?

i don't know many women regardless of type who would want to be treated like a piece of meat like that, and i don't really see it as culturally related unless every italian woman ever is suffering from a case of eternally low self esteem. maybe it is, heh. i don't think prodding about how bad you want to get into someone's pants on the first date really puts forth anything most women, save the ones who are only interested in sex, would want to be around for long.

does anyone know an ISFj who would put up with shit like this in a relationship? i agree with kim that being taken not very seriously would push some major not-cool buttons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast