Thread: -

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I answer "yes" on 10-12 questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I answered yes on only one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say yes on about 10 of those and I'm dynamic
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: test check for establishing static/dynamic

At times I feel useless. who doesn't?
    At times I worry because of silly things. yeah, though I'd say I more get stressed over silly things than worry about them
    Even among people I frequently feel lonely. I don't know. I think of loneliness as more of an internal thing, and I'm not so sure it's type related.
    I am more impressionable than other people. No.
    I am more sensitive than other people. No.
    I am very sensitive to criticism. No.
    I can easily get startled. Not generally.
    I frequently have fits of bad mood. haha yeah
    I frequently have sad thoughts. I don't know... maybe so, at least at this point in time.
    I take everything close to heart. No.
    I worry frequently. Again, "stress" would be more appropriate than "worry".
    Sometimes I feel like on an edge of nervous breakdown. Occasionally... not very often though. Isn't this true of everyone though?
    Sometimes I think that there are so many difficulties that they are impossible to overcome. Impossible? No. Involving more effort than I feel I can muster at present? Yes.
    Sometimes I have fits of strong anxiousness. Again, I'd say "stress" would be a more accurate way to describe it than anxiousness.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At times I feel useless. Sometimes...butthatisaformofself-loathingandneedstobere-directedintosomethinglessdestructive.
    At times I worry because of silly things. Frequently. I'm neurotic.
    Even among people I frequently feel lonely. No. I have myself. Still, I would benefit from actually hanging out with people more... I think I've become way too isolated. It's not healthy.
    I am more impressionable than other people. [fade:3ac9e4e71b]Yes.[/fade:3ac9e4e71b] [fade:3ac9e4e71b]Actually, it depends what is meant by "impressionable."[/fade:3ac9e4e71b]
    I am more sensitive than other people. Yes.
    I am very sensitive to criticism. Yes.
    I can easily get startled. Yes.
    I frequently have fits of bad mood. Well.... it depends... my "bad moods" are very mild compared to a lot of the bad moods others have...
    I frequently have sad thoughts. I suppose... actually, I don't know... "frequently" is too often.
    I take everything close to heart. Itrynotto.
    I worry frequently. Again"frequently"istoooften.
    Sometimes I feel like on an edge of nervous breakdown. Yes, I'm very stressed out right now.
    Sometimes I think that there are so many difficulties that they are impossible to overcome. Hmm... it depends what sorts of difficulties... I suppose this is true.
    Sometimes I have fits of strong anxiousness. Yes. See "sometimes" is a better word.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of no to most. If by sometimes you mean 1 day out of 3 years, then they're all yes. Basically you must be more precise.

Also that looks like a quiz for neuroticism. I think it would be more likely to test negativism than static dynamic.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Kind of no to most. If by sometimes you mean 1 day out of 3 years, then they're all yes. Basically you must be more precise.

Also that looks like a quiz for neuroticism. I think it would be more likely to test negativism than static dynamic.
    Neuroticism, yeah maybe. I thought depression. It looks like quizzes for depression I've seen. I don't think it'd be a good test for negativism/positivism either because negativism is about what's missing/undone/needs to be fixed etc. not about being gloomy, emotional, or tense.
    Generally yes, even though I think negativists do tend to worry more than positvists (it would descend naturally from thinking about what's missing, I think?)(but not all the others)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At times I feel useless. (Yes)
    At times I worry because of silly things (No.)
    Even among people I frequently feel lonely. (Yes.)
    I am more impressionable than other people. (No.)
    I am more sensitive than other people. (No.)
    I am very sensitive to criticism. (Yes.)
    I can easily get startled. (Yes.)
    I frequently have fits of bad mood. (No.)
    I frequently have sad thoughts (Yes.)
    I take everything close to heart. (No.)
    I worry frequently (No.)
    Sometimes I feel like on an edge of nervous breakdown. (No.)
    Sometimes I think that there are so many difficulties that they are impossible to overcome. (No.)
    Sometimes I have fits of strong anxiousness. (Yes.)

I agree with Diane, this DOES just sound like a test for depression. So apparently static types are HAPPIER than dynamic types? lol
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    How do those questions relate to static/dynamic?? It sounds more like a quiz for depression.
    it's on how stable you are emotionally (e.g. spontaneous mood changes, energy and mood fluctuations) and statics are more stable than dynamics.
    It seems as if you're interpreting stability vs. instability in a negative way...i.e., "he's unstable" meaning there's something wrong with him.
    Dynamic types may be more changeable, but that could be stated in a positive way...not all negative.
    Anyhow, Ep types may also identify with the spontaneous/changeable stuff, so even if you made more balanced between negative/positive, it still may not be accurate for extraverts.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By this description you're bounding EJs to neuroticism. In fact, though, an EJ with a low score on neuroticism would probably swing between neutral, positive and very positive emotional states, de facto making your list useless. Conversely an highly neurotic EJ would easily swing between the two polar opposites of positive-negative emotionality. If we believe that statics tend to be more stable in their moods, a low-N static would swing between neutrality and mildly positive emotions; an high-N static would swing between neutrality and mildly negative. So on.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardly any yesses in my case... This might work.

There are probably types that elude the rule, though... I'd say ENFp and ESFp are likely to have moments of instability, or maybe the process type statics: ISTj, ENTp, INFj, ESFp, which Gulenko declares explicitly are less stable than the Result type statics.