Thread: INTps & INFps a similar $$ issues

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTps & INFps a similar $$ issues

Haha ok this may offend some but deak with it punks!

So anyway, i have been noticing that my INTp and INFp friends are very economical (shall we say) with their finances/budget *ahem* cheap *ahem*. I have my ideas on why i think this is the case (perhaps a thing) but i was wondering if you guys either: a) noticed this with yourself or others INTp or INFp or b) have any theories on why this may be true?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What mean you by "economical"? And, do these people think themselves economical?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTps & INFps a similar $$ issues

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    have any theories on why this may be true?
    yes, i do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    What mean you by "economical"? And, do these people think themselves economical?
    Basically cheap and yes they do.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    yes, i do.
    care to share my love?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's sort of relative... Some people have said that I don't spend much money and have noticed I don't seem to be very materialistic... I don't personally think I'm very economical, however. I am sometimes impulsive with money (only with small things), and really the determining factor on how much I spend (or rather how little I spend) is that I don't have very much to spend. Also, the more materials I buy and own, the greater the likelihood that the materials start owning me rather than the other way around. This is to be avoided. I do spend a fair amount on going out to eat, or obtaining pre-prepared food though because I don't know how to cook. Anyway, there are so many ways in which I could be more economical, that I don't consider myself to be a very good manager of money at all.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

liveandletlive..... you sure you aren't an ESTp?
    Suomea

What? Being greedy, stingy and cheap are positive qualities in a person :wink:
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's feast or famine. i live very well within my means. i think it has to do with a Ni twist on spatial relations. you know how you can see an empty space in a room and know whether or not you can squeeze the table through. if you can, you do it, using every last inch. if you can't, you don't, and don't really notice the empty space.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    liveandletlive..... you sure you aren't an ESTp?
    haha i didn't think i had but that wud be cool! what makes you think that? im curious.
    btw, ive had some people thinking that my T & F were close but i definitely value &
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So anyway, i have been noticing that my INTp and INFp friends are very economical (shall we say) with their finances/budget *ahem* cheap *ahem*. I have my ideas on why i think this is the case (perhaps a thing) but i was wondering if you guys either: a) noticed this with yourself or others INTp or INFp or b) have any theories on why this may be true?
    But are you taking into account their economic situation? When I have tons of money in my bank account I'm really generous and, if anything, the opposite of stingy in my spending. When I get down to my last $100 though, that's when I'm suddenly enlightened with a Te-type view of how to spend money lol.

Also you're ESFp so you probably waste money like an oil Sheikh on his first visit to a strip-club.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd never consider myself cheap and I've NEVER been on a budget. Meh! Don't even balance my checkbook! However, I've also never bounced a check or had to worry about living paycheck to paycheck. I need a buffer in my finances, but I definitely don't track them. Rarely do I deny myself anything, although I'm really not extravagant either.

But then again, I have only me to consider.

Certainly, I'm not economical. I'm probably not saving enough to ensure a comfortable retirement. Generally, I have difficulty with self-denial.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also you're ESFp so you probably waste money like an oil Sheikh on his first visit to a strip-club.[/quote]

good point. but im not as bad as you'd think!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also you're ESFp so you probably waste money like an oil Sheikh on his first visit to a strip-club.

this behavior is by no means restricted to esfp's i'm guilty! lol WTF though life is short...

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    yes, i do.
    care to share my love?
    No, he's just pretending to know something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I have the money to do so, I'll spend it quite freely. I avoid debt like the plague though; especially with big purchases (greater than say.. £50 for example) I have a look at my bank balance and based on what I already know of my monthly income and expenditure decide whether or not I can afford it yet. I recently discovered I was actually spending a little bit more per month than I was earning when doing a budget calculation (actually budgeting is something I almost never do; when I do calculate my budget it's a one-off thing, not a long-term plan), so I altered my spendings to resolve that (it had to do with monthly bills and a loan I currently have, although my mother's paid that one off so I'm paying her the rest of the money I owed on that loan, although I've halved that amount and am paying it over twice the period, so that helps the issue greatly).

Since I'm guessing most people probably would have difficulty deciphering all this crap I've just written, I don't carefully plan my budget or anything like that, but I have a general idea of my monthly income and expenditures and I know easily how to avoid getting myself into debt. When I can afford to do so, I spend my money freely; I rarely buy on impulse although it does happen. I'll happily buy useless items just because I like them (I've got a cane with a dragon's head on it despite it serving no practical value whatsoever).
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ignore my bank balance entirely (only occassionally checking on it every couple of months to make sure it's where I think it is)... I sort of "feel" my way through my account... I know roughly in my mind how much money is in there at all times ... but I don't document my spending...

This is an uneconomical and unwise pattern of behavior. One day it will bite me in the ass. I should work on changing it now.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm broke because I spend all my money on doing fun stuff instead of responsible stuff.

Like a fucking car.

Damnit.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

this behavior is by no means restricted to esfp's i'm guilty! lol WTF though life is short...

misutii is the one that made that quote, and when liveandletlive tried to quote it it got messed up.

just thought i'd clear that up...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

I have double standards for dealing with money. When dealing with everyday expenses (food, necessities, entertainment) - I'm NEVER cheap. I have an expensive taste and I know it. That's also the reason for double standards - when dealing with larger sums, I'm very conservative and calculating. Whenever we start to talk about amounts 1000$ and more, I no longer see it as money but as Capital, and I treat it accordingly.

Money is something that's there for spending, Capital is something that can earn you money.
    ILI, INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeingrass

Money is something that's there for spending, Capital is something that can earn you money.
    If someone asked me to to define poignant with a sentence I'd give them that, I like.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeingrass
    I have double standards for dealing with money. When dealing with everyday expenses (food, necessities, entertainment) - I'm NEVER cheap. I have an expensive taste and I know it. That's also the reason for double standards - when dealing with larger sums, I'm very conservative and calculating. Whenever we start to talk about amounts 1000$ and more, I no longer see it as money but as Capital, and I treat it accordingly.

+1 agree
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most INTPs don't spend things freely, they calculate them carefully. However, they are not cheap per se. Just calculating. I can think of several types that are truly cheap, they will actually buy the cheapest of whatever is in offer at all times, etc. The reasons why INTps are calculating are many, the main one is the fact that money does not come along easily. Also some INTps have many responsibilities that they need to take into account, each amount spent could have a better use elsewhere.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.